On 10/2/2016 at 0:37 AM, QSD said:

For clarification purposes, they haven’t started filming yet as I thought it was last week.  It would be on this coming Tuesday in Japan?

Maybe you can catch the queen there @nikachan2008.

Here she is with a friend who graduated from university in media major.

How I wish I can QSD..:)

• Like 2

On 10/2/2016 at 3:49 AM, vaiduakhu said:

What, what??? you should have told us earlier it's a special planning drama... :bawling:

But well... very good then, I have high hope for 24 or 30 episodes.

@QSD @mujay dears, except the out-of-control extension (which may be informed when the drama is on air), ppl who guessed wrong number lose. For example, if the drama is announced to have 24 episodes, welcome to long-lost sisters team, along with me, ranz, juliacaesar and nikachan. I'm sorry, bet world is that cruel. :glasses:

@ranz we need to drag as many people as possible to the losing side (like us). Hahahaha :grimace:

Woa, after the number comes out, most of ppl from LYW thread will look like siblings (same profile photos). We are family indeed :heart: How about same profile pictures and signatures too? together, we will confuse ppl in Night light drama thread, haha. :lol:

I don't know about special planning drama but I am happy that my bet is close to the 24 episodes, that means then that I have a chance of winning :D  Have the same profile pictures and signatures.. LOL :D

• Like 3

On 10/2/2016 at 4:05 AM, vaiduakhu said:

Oh, QSD is an epic historical drama, IMO; while HD is... well, a cliché drama which was such a waste of talent of LYW and many other veterans (including the male lead).

By the way, welcome back :). It's great to see so many ppl at LYW thread these days. Seem like our target of 1000 pages for LYW thread is not an impossible mission :lol:

Night light sounds like a very promising one. I hope MBC will invest good amount to this special planning drama to make us forget their bitter HD. :confused:

I couldn't forget what happened in HD so I'm kind of doubtful or can't trust MBC anymore. 

On 10/2/2016 at 4:35 AM, anopinion said:

I think she quite liked QSD though. It did great for her career. Horse Doctor on the other hand... the less said about it the better lol. The role didn't really suit her. In fact, the character itself was so bland, I don't think any actress could have done anything with it. Not to mention that LYW seems to suit stronger characters a lot more.

Also, all of us seem to have high hopes for Night Light solely on the account that the story sounds good. But both the scriptwriter and the production company are worrying. I think the scriptwriter has got a couple of flops, and the production company also produced Monster (I think), which imo is 4 p13c3 0f cr4p (apologies to anyone watching and enjoying it). Still, I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be good. I'm so up for an EoG with some romance ;) 

She did well in HD but she was practically used by MBC and that drama.

Thank you for giving us info about the scriptwriter and the production company. Let's cross our fingers. 

On 10/2/2016 at 6:36 AM, vaiduakhu said:

@anopinion oh you get me worried abt Night light's production team :sweatingbullets:
HD... well, they fooled us by labeling it as "anniversary project" instructed by a legend director. I was so excited at that time, thought that it would be another highlight in her career... but you are right, less talking abt it is better for our soul. :vicx:
I hope MBC works hard this time to re-gain my trust... otherwise, It's safe for me to say: "LYW-shi, better you go with beloved SBS who always gave you good projects like SBDH, 49 days or EOG. Stay away from MBC"

By the way, do you know which dramas from KBS and SBS will be Night light's competitors in Mon-Tue slot? Rating doesn't matter much for int'l fan, but it means a lot to MBC and the possibility to have the drama extended.

I agree. SBS was really good to LYW.  Especially 49 days and EOG were almost created for her. 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2016 at 4:00 PM, etlc said:

Hopefully they can do it right. It'll be interesting to see how lee yowon brings such a character to life. Besides watching what chemistry lee yowon gets to develop with new colleagues (I liked the vibe jin goo gave off in descendants.of the sun), one thing that intrigues me is how they will develop the relationship between lyw and UEE 's characters. Female relationships are rarely explored in kdramas as writers seem to think that females exist only to compete with each other for the male lead's attention and love, so hopefully they'll bring something new to the table.

My worry will be about the writer's track record, as it's not very consistent,  and more worryingly, his recent failures were from the big 3 station projects, where the pressure to forego artistic licence to secure ratings is greater. Well, if the worst happens, we will still have a lot of fabulous fashion to ogle. Right, QSD? ;)

I also read some of the concerns about LYW being a second lead, and agree with vaiduakhu that it's the quality of the character that is more important. At this stage in her career, LYW has nothing more to prove. All the roles that actresses in their 20s are taking top billing for currently - it's been there and done that for her, she could have completed a checklist based on them. What she should do now is to pick roles that interest and excite her so that she can leave behind a worthwhile legacy for others to remember her for.

But I also like the mature and sensible approach that some commenters habe adopted on this topic. Just because some of us are not happy about LYW not being the main lead does not mean we should bash or put down other actresses. Way to go, keep it classy, people. 

Love this drawing. The attention paid to the hair is amazing. 

I remember in 49 days, there was also the question of who was the main lead. I admire LYW the more there because she was not only thinking of herself but the whole production. As the senior actor to her colleagues she tried her best to pull them up that's why the whole drama came out very good. 

• Like 4

On 10/2/2016 at 7:52 PM, anopinion said:

Interesting, it didn't work for me too. Try this one: https://biz1.korea.ac.kr/en/amp 

Korea University Business School’s Advanced Management Program (AMP) is designed for executives and CEOs to pursue practical needs of field-based business efficiently through the latest business theory and corporate education.

Well... I guess that's it. But really, we don't need to be too concerned about her private life anyway :)

Yes, I thought it's about business so I was thinking perhaps LYW went there to get some ideas that she can use for her role in the new drama Night Life. Well, that's only a thought because she expressed in her interviews before that she takes her work as an actress seriously and always wants to satisfy the audience.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2016 at 11:57 PM, ranz said:

@anopinion wah .. thanks . . i just wonder if the program is related to her role in the drama night light or her personal desire to learn it .. 

She looks to have had it all, but still want to keep learning .. of course, to make her a better human

Its was amazing .. 

I adore you more my queen .. :wub:

Hide contents

Same thoughts.. are we twins? :D

On 10/3/2016 at 2:42 AM, vaiduakhu said:

I so believe that she joins that sophisticated business program, more or less, to have better knowledge for her upcoming role in Night light.

Oh man, this is no joke... the game is on. She's serious about SYK character. Prepare yourself, SYK is gonna slay... HARD. :w00t:;)
In EOG, the business fight was tough, but somehow it was mostly involved in stock purchasing and manipulation; not much about business skills... Ms Temper was a lot about products development and promotion. But for this drama, there maybe lots of business strategies, negotiations, stock market, interest rate, financial statements. I guess she also consults her hubby abt corporate things, and he.... threw her to that program. :lol:

WOA, I'm so intrigued about the business feast Night light is gonna bring to us. 

Ok, it's just my pure imagination... haha. Maybe, she learns for her future career, as a businesswoman. Guess from EOG time, she was interested in business, then she's affected by her hubby's business in real life; no wonder her three lastest roles are all about business. 

I'm so proud of her. I'm personally inspired by her effort in studying. :) she doesn't really need to, but she invests her time in. 

Just this one my brain is kind of bleeding already :sweatingbullets:

On 10/5/2016 at 11:01 AM, Nuyn said:

I wonder why @vaiduakhu and @ranz want me to win this betting? Truthfully, I don't want drama will have too much episodes, about 24 episodes is nice for me.

There are some new members, welcome guys.

@ranz yes, i am yowonvn, nice to meet you :D

Haha.. I also don't understand why we have to bet. everyone was betting when I came in so I just added my bet.. :D

On 10/5/2016 at 4:21 PM, krisyeol98 said:

fanmade :heart:

So they are the cast of the dram Night Life.  Except for LYW, I don't know the rest. Thank you very much for the video. LYW's so beautiful in the light pink blouse.

• Like 2

On 10/8/2016 at 5:14 AM, ranz said:

What I misread ? @Nuyn want to join our boat that was nearly drowned ? :w00t: hahahaha ... wah wah .. .. let you think again. your chance to win is greater than my chance and @vaiduakhu .. lol

@ODJ2016 maintain your enthusiasm .. I'm also still trying to dig but there is no news of the latest shooting .. :dissapointed:

Well,  to cheer this weekend .. let us dance together with the top trending hot song from Piko Taro PPAP song ( nikachan certainly know him well )

Happy weekend my queen & all yowoners around the world .. Hohoho .. :grin:

haha.. :w00t:

7 hours ago, QSD said:

It's torturing 6 more weeks to go.

We can expect to see a teaser in 2 weeks though.

When is the drama going to start airing?

4 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Yeah, smart a$$ you are! :lol:

I was indeed confused u with random new members. If soompi allows us to change our usernames as well, it would be awesome. I will camouflage everyday, so even my long-lost sister ranz can't recognise me (to drag me into the sinking boat with her) :sweatingbullets: haha

LYW should be filming now... According to the script, SYK is like a centric character, other characters revolves around her with love-hate-admiration-jealousy-betrayal. Some nice souls, pls share a glimpse of her in the filming scene! 

And why on the earth MBC hasn't officially announced how many episodes should it be? Wae, wae? they have only 1 job. It takes time to design the uniform avatar, they should know that haha;)

Is our queen telling them not to disclose so much info? It happened in 49 days and EOG, Don't know in Ms. Temper though.. :)

• Like 1

@vaiduakhu

Actually they do allow to change usernames.  I just don’t want to betray Her Majesty so I’ll stick to it eternally.

Be warned.  Whoever switching the ID is a loser automatically.  However, you are more than welcome to do so as the first to join the losing club, Vaiduakhu.  There’s no chance for you to win anyway so might as well get over it.  Don’t have to abandon the other twin @ranz too.  You can hold her hands tightly and sink together!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, nikachan2008 said:

I don't know about special planning drama but I am happy that my bet is close to the 24 episodes, that means then that I have a chance of winning :D  Have the same profile pictures and signatures.. LOL :D

Your bet of 22 episodes is quite odd though, usually the number of Kdrama's episodes is 16, 20, 24, 30, 50... I'm not really sure.
It's funny that the bets spread from 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, then 36. 
However, at least you guys have higher chance to win than I and ranz do. :sweatingbullets:

20 minutes ago, QSD said:

@vaiduakhu

Actually they do allow to change usernames.  I just don’t want to betray Her Majesty so I’ll stick to it eternally.

Be warned.  Whoever switching the ID is a loser automatically.  However, you are more than welcome to do so as the first to join the losing club, Vaiduakhu.  There’s no chance for you to win anyway so might as well get over it.  Don’t have to abandon the other twin @ranz too.  You can hold her hands tightly and sink together!

Really??? 
then bye @ranz ! Nice to reunite with you after all these years ! :P I guess it's fate that we're not meant together in the sinking boat

haha, just joking! I'm too lazy to change username, anyway. 

• Like 1

Guys, I have question...
I have problem with posting in Soompi. It's ok to post with the office laptop. However, when I use my laptop at home, I'm unable to do it. The comment box doesn't allow me to click in. 

Anyone faces same problem? and how to solve it. Thanks in advance! :) 

Try clearing the cookies.

I have a problem visiting DC site for the past 3 weeks now.  Wonder if anyone can help me with that.  I can't access from the phone, laptop and IPad.  It's really strange.

35 minutes ago, QSD said:

@nikachan2008

It's planning to air on November 21, 2016.

thank you. we have 6 weeks more to go. 

31 minutes ago, vaiduakhu said:

Your bet of 22 episodes is quite odd though, usually the number of Kdrama's episodes is 16, 20, 24, 30, 50... I'm not really sure.
It's funny that the bets spread from 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, then 36. 
However, at least you guys have higher chance to win than I and ranz do. :sweatingbullets:

Really??? 
then bye @ranz ! Nice to reunite with you after all these years ! :P I guess it's fate that we're not meant together in the sinking boat

haha, just joking! I'm too lazy to change username, anyway. 

Is that so? I was thinking of EOG (22 episodes, right?) when I decided the number. 

• Like 1

Geez .. after a few pages we spend to bet. there is still not yet understand why we bet ? lol 

This how we started ..

Spoiler

Posted September 27 · 

How many episodes ?

Hmmm.... Just for fun , what if we bet ..:D

who guessed wrong. for a month he had to replace his avatar to the avatar who prepared by the winner

Deal ??

I will bet for 16 episodes .. 

Who else wants to bet .. :P

@ODJ2016 quickly  write your bets :lol:

Im sorry ladies and gentelman .. the way out is closed. all that had bet automatically has approved sanctions imposed if he loses. @QSD even have started to accept this reality. :lol:

and now the position is ..

16 epi : ranz , vaiduakhu

18 epi : juliacaesar

20 epi : qsd , mujay

22 epi : nikachan

24 epi : krisyeol98 , anOpinion, ODJ2016

36 epi : Nuyn

What ... ?? @vaiduakhu My  partners in the boat try to leave me ? 

my Queen please help me .. :bawling:

well, I will sing alone..

row, row, row, my boat gently down the stream merrily, merrily, merrily, betting can make your sink !

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, QSD said:

Try clearing the cookies.

I have a problem visiting DC site for the past 3 weeks now.  Wonder if anyone can help me with that.  I can't access from the phone, laptop and IPad.  It's really strange.

I tried that way (I even cleared all the browsing history) but still unable to post. :( 

I actually followed all the instructions from this tutorial link:

except disabling anti-virus programme (it's too risky), but the reply box still doesn't function properly. 
It's frustrating to me that sometimes it works (rarely), and most of time, it doesn't. :angry:

PS: QSD, check the instructions from above link, it may work for DC

• Like 1

I tried all that but no cigar.  It didn’t have any problem with the firewall/antivirus before but now I think it’s blocking it.  Now I can't even use Chrome.  It says, "Your internet access is blocked."  It's so frustrating the heck out of me.