[drama2009] Dream 드림

Guest sayroo

Guest cococrust
  • Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sondambifan

Just finishing watching the first c-subbed episode and I really like it...JJM is really good and the storyline is edgier than I thought. Very interesting. KB and Dambi both did well but did not have as much airtime as JJM. The president/villain character is very good...not over the top but clearly "bad".

I think this Drama is a hit in the making!!!

Edit: English Korean Times article about Dream w/some spoilers about the first episode

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../201_49147.html

July 27, 2009

'Dream' to Depict the World of Sports Business

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

dream.jpg

The cast of the new drama "Dream"

smile for the cameras at a press conference

held in Tokyo, Japan, last week. From left: Ju Jin-mo,

Son Dam-bi and Kim Bum. / Courtesy of SBS

The local drama scene has been offering a bit of everything, from the ancient tale of a queen, to advertising companies and figure skating. The new drama "Dream" will add the world of sports agents and K-1 to this varied roster of local television dramas.

The drama has caught attention with its impressive cast― singer-turned-actor Son Dam-bi, "Boys Over Flowers" actor Kim Bum and movie star Ju Jin-mo ― and a plot that follows the lives of a sports agent and K-1 fighters.

Nam Je-il, played by Ju, is a successful sports agent with some famous clients, but when one of his baseball stars gets involved in a drug case, he loses everything. But when the miserable Nam befriends former pickpocket and aspiring K-1 fighter Lee Jang-seok, played by Kim, and taebo instructor Park So-yeon, acted by Son, he decides to regain his glory by making Lee a star.

SBS had nicknamed Ju's character "Korea's Jerry Maguire," referencing the charismatic agent played by Tom Cruise, but Ju said it was difficult to play the part that has been his own personal favorite. "After seeing my first shoot, I couldn't bear to look at myself. I looked so tense and nervous acting as the successful Nam. I finally decided to be myself and act as natural as possible,'' Ju said at a press conference last week in Busan.

In order to bring a sense of reality to his character, who shouts into the phone and runs around giving pep talks to his players, Ju worked alongside real agents.

Son, whose acting debut in Hollywood was postponed because of the economic crisis, said she chose to star in "Dream'' as soon as she heard about who had been cast. Debuting alongside such famous colleagues was a burden, according to Son, but her fellow actors and staff complimented her for bringing energy to the set. "I was never a good dancer, but now I'm a dance singer. I think it's the same with acting. I have been training as an actor during my spare time for the past four years. There's no one who's good at it from the start, and so I'm doing my best to not fall behind,'' she said.

Son's character, Park, is a bit of a tomboy. Taebo is an aerobic exercise that is closely related with the martial art taekwondo. Son, already slim-figured, eventually became a big fan of the exercise and was more than eager to offer it to fellow women. "I lost about three to four kilograms, and it's a great way to lose weight. I've been dancing for a long time, but when I first tried taebo, I couldn't move the next day, which proves how much exercise it can be,'' she said, laughing.

The biggest transformation for the new series is that of Kim, who portrayed a pretty and rich museum heir in the hit drama Boys Over Flowers. Not only will he play a tough K-1 athlete, but a sad and lonely figure with a dark past. "My character Lee is a nice person who doesn't want to come across as weak. He pretends to be tough and mean to protect himself. As he learns K-1, he finally realizes the importance of relationships and starts to open up,'' Kim said.

The drama is also expected to usher a new chapter of hallyu, or Korean Wave, in Japan, as the crew and staff also held a press conference in Tokyo to attract buyers and broadcasters. "We cannot confirm the exact Japanese broadcaster, but the drama will start airing in Japanese households as well. This will be a great opportunity for local dramas, as many consider hallyu to be taking a downturn," an official from SBS said.

Thanks to the interest from Japan and also being a program about sports, "Dream" will also have two-time K-1 World MAX champion Masato make a special appearance in the drama, the first time for the 30-year-old to appear in a local drama.

Written by writer Jung Hyung-soo (Prince of the Legend, 2006) and produced by Baek Soo-chan (Golden Bride, 2007), "Dream" airs every Monday and Tuesday at 9:55 p.m. on SBS.

Credits: sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

Credit : rubie/news thread

Guest chiimin

skxlee:
you should try the "aja-aja!" website. ^^

dangg,, the first episode was surely interesting!

LOL at the beginning, the english talks were all "hey you good?" "yes" "ok" and only that! XD

son dambi looks so HOT man, i love her body. didn't know she was so good at acting, she's so funny XD

kimbum's a dorkie~ i love his puppy face! ♥ [took some screencaps]

bscap0144.jpg

bscap0147.jpg

"biotch, plz"

bscap0154.jpg

bscap0152.jpg

rofl

bscap0155.jpg

i laughed at this part HAHAHAHA but then felt bad for him.. ohh dambi was so evil! T_T

Guest puppyiz

The suit and hairstyle.. thats the way I love bout JooJinMo..

Exhilirating cast..SonDamBi (my first experience to see her acting)

KimBum... I am yet to find the right words to express about this wonderful sweet actor ^^

Thanx for all the goodies... dears !!

DREAM : EPISODE 1

July 27th, 2009 // by javabeans

dream13.jpg

I had a mixed reaction to today’s premiere episode of the SBS drama Dream. Perhaps viewers agreed, as the first installment drew a low 5.4% rating against MBC’s Queen Seon-deok (32.7%) and KBS’s The Man Who Can’t Get Married (8%).

Note that this number was marginally better than its predecessor Ja Myung Go’s opening number (4.1%), but lower than its finale last week (7.2%). But I’ve said many times that a first episode rating number doesn’t necessarily mean much; it speaks more to the anticipation, not the quality.

Wow...the sport world is so ugly...full of blackmails.

It's sad but kind of expected.

Anyway...episode 1 is pretty good.

I like JJM's character a lot...fallen from grace in just one episode.

thanks Luv for your caps ! .you know how much i love my mo si , right !^^ , he can bright up my screen any time !! kekeke ! ..ah i trust he will pull off the role really well .as long as it dun turn into another queen's game ..kim bum look good too~ ^

I'm one of those who have seen Punch^^ Yeah, JJM was just fantastic there, I loved his pairing with Shin Min Ah too, they should do a drama again~ However I was a bit bored with too many side characters.

Anyway, I believe ajussi will rock again B) Aww..YJH is a cameo in a sports drama? *dies*

lol u think they will make him do the sexy dance ~ i saw in one of the trailer .the PD making full use of his bathing scene --;;;;! i read he said that in the conference jokingly haha but when i saw another trailer .he really meant it ..it was like a glass box lol..

thanks . cool~ now i can watch esp 1

SHINee sings for ‘Dream’ OST

200907280825131002_1.jpg

Idol group SHINee will be singing for SBS drama ‘Dream’ OST. The first episode of ‘Dream’ was aired on 27th July, and they are the ones who sang the song ‘Countdown’ in the drama.

Many viewers were curious about the song after it was played at the ending of the episode. It is known that all 5 members have come together to sing this song, working together with the producer for ‘Boys Over Flowers’ OST. .

SHINee has also recently sung for OSTs of drams like ‘Hot War’, ‘Friend, Our Legend’, ‘White Tower’ etc.

Meanwhile the boys are up on Thailand Channel V Countdown Asian Chart for the 2nd week through with their hit song ‘Juliette’ on the #1 position. The song was up #1 on the chart just 4 days after its release in Thailand.

Source : k-bites

Guest polaris

ahh!~~ Son Dam Bi and Kim Bum.

too bad the ratings are not that high.. but I will watch out of my loyalty and love for Dambi and Bum.

Guest sondambifan

@karens2...episode 1 came out yesterday and episode 2 just aired. Usually one has to wait at least a couple of days (if not longer) for the subs to come out.

Too bad about the ratings but I think it is to be expected. Ja Myung Go did not get the greatest ratings and Queen Seon-deok is a juggernaut right now. People are creatures of habit thus it makes sense that they keep watching the show that they like. Hopefully, they switched over to check out Dream during commercials. We will see if the ratings today go up...more importantly the ratings next week will probably be more telling.

Edit:

Was reading some google translation of Korea news articles about Dream earlier and it looks like people liked the first episode in general. Hopefully it will be enough to pique people's interest.

Found some more screen caps from episode 1

t896px.jpg

Guest Mardi09

I wrote something long again..but.....I really don't want to confuse anyone with my choppy overview of the episode and if someone doesn't want to know then just don't read my post

Basically, the Flower Fighters came out (for like only 3 minutes) and seriously I almost died when I saw Chung Lim~

but everyone else was looking mighty fine too.....sweaty bodies~ Thank you SBS~ (okay i'm not that crazy)

(slaps self)

i was too excited that i forgot to cap the parts of the Flower Fighters...:(

well, my spazzing was done then...

what else...there's a lot of club scenes in this episode.

it sucks that all JJM's customers (or w/e you call them) hate him now because he's no longer their agent...aw, but at least that cute little girl wanted his autograph...i mean who wouldn't...he's very good looking ^_^

and remember how CYJ was so lovey dovey towards him in the 1st episode? now she's ignoring him...what a butthead...but he shows up at her house in the rain, all soaked...and she gives him money~

wow, how low that made him feel...

but then she was with the President guy (the one who fired JJM) and they were discussing that PSH guy and I think JJM too)

JJM is a pretty smart guy, blackmailing this athlete (Park sung chul or something like that) so that he could sign him under...

and during the blackmailing the girls were karaoke-ing to to 2ne1's "Fire" and might have killed the song (LOL)

aw, i feel bad for JJM. His mom's in the hospital? and his sister is worried about him and his mom...

he's like "mom, are you okay?" seems like she's unconscious too...

but too bad the timing's not right....he's at the bathroom bar!

and he was told to karaoke and sang a slow and sad song...boring the people around him, they just ignored him.....but he teared up again.....made me tear up with him....

but I loved the ending of this episode

KB punches the athlete PSH and that guy gets knocked out and all KB gets is a bloody mouth/lip.

that must be when JJM gets interested in him

There's more but I probably made everyone go WTH already...:) just sharing what i saw.....hope I didn't ruin it for anyone............

i hope today gets higher ratings ^__________^

The ratings'll be released in a bit...I'll check on the main Dream site...

but I'm too tired so I'll just see later :D

aw, this is why i don't like to watch "currently airing" dramas...

the wait.............I hope I remember next week.

Archived