Hana Yori Dango, Meteor Garden or Boys Before Flowers?

Guest ritahui

Guest mayadee666

BOF's if good, but HYD is GREAT! MG, no comment. XD

actually I was disappointed with BOF's ending, it's an open ending! I don't really like open ending. it's frustrating...>__<

I chose Jun as the best Tsukasa/F4 leader, Oguri Shun as the best cool guy, and the rest were Yijung and Woobin.

And as Tsukushi, i thought Inoue Mao is the best among those 2 actress...

well....

overall this is my rank.

1. HYD

2. BOF

3. MG

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xvampireknight

definitely Hana Yori Dango.

Inoue was the best as Makino; she was perfect. Sure Jun Matsumoto wasnt really good looking but because of his character, I loved him. They have great chemistry and all the actors/actresses were great.

Sure BOF had good looking casts but in terms of acting... it wasn't so great.

Guest xherodbskx

I love BOF the best

haha it was cute and enjoyable

and I stopped watching HYD halfway but...

I'm off to watch HYD again

Guest bombb_

i havent seen meteor garden, but hana yori dango beats boys over flowers imo.

even though both emitted diff emotions i think.

hana yori dango is indescribable awesomeness.

i will forever be an inoue mao fan. shes so pretty. im insanely jealous.

and boys over flowers..idk. normally when i watch shows thats currently airing, i lose interest between the weeks.

but boys over flowers kept me interested.

it was still a very good drama.

if it wasnt being compared to hyd, then bof was amaaaaaaazing. but because it is cause its the same storyline, idk. hyd beats it.

and i must say, that scene where jandi falls into the pool and then junpyo is like O: &^%$ omfg. and then the rest of f4 (esp. jihoo) were like tearing and holding back waiting for junpyo. idk. that scene was EPIC. haha. epic epic epic epic. idc if no one else agrees. it was.

ah. i still get psyched about it. haha.

someone make me a gif of that scene!

hahahaaa.

Guest -xuxu-

I just love the Korean version because they let the Gajung couple to be happy and empersize more on them

but other than that I think I prefer the japanese version cuz Makino is just so lovable...compare to Jandi

I've never watch the Taiwanese version so ..idk

but I really love Korean F4

Guest hannacorsino

hana yori dango is the best out of the three...

it's not boring and the three characters,

makino, tsukasa and rui are the best ...

i love it that's why i still remember their

characters name until now...

what i like about the korean version is yijung ang gaeul

parts because they have given them more time to develop..

Guest pnaymzb

although i like BOF a lot, i must say HYD beats both MG and BOF. MG...no comment. lol. and BOF...the story dragged on too much in my opinion and there was SO little scenes with GJP and GJD! jandi had a heck of a lot more scenes with ji hoo and i didn't like that very much...because they made it seem like Jun pyo was the third wheel. lol. sorry for my wording, but that's just how i feel. AND another thing...the pool scene with JD and JP on the last episode really was amazing! but it kind of reminded me of that one other korean drama...with that same pool scene...too bad i forgot what it was called. was it lovers in paris? i don't know. but anyway...the ending of BOF LACKED A LOT!! i wasn't happy...:[ the proposal was so simple and lame...i expected more...comparing to HYD proposal...i expected something better than just ending with JD and the f4 standing by the beach together. i love the characters of BOF a lot...well, because they're better looking, but to me in terms of acting...the cast of HYD owns. domyougi portrayed the inhumane/devil like character more than GJP. and RUI was better than ji hoo...because well, ji hoo spoke way too much for his character. lol. sorry. but this is my opinion. but one thing i loved most about BOF is SOEUL couple. lol. as for the one who played the lead female character....MAKINO OWNS!! jandi...sorry...but she lacked the cuteness and she was a bit dumb, AND i think jandi's character failed to show her love for GJP.. :P or at least it lacked something for me. but anyway...i said too much, but all in all HYD owns!

I chose the Japanese version because I totally love it still even after watching it a million times,

the love that Domyoji and Makino have for one another is super awesome. So I voted for this version in every

category. Even for Matsumoto Jun <3, his acting skills were superior to those of Lee Min Ho, imo and maybe this

is due to the fact he's a very experienced actor.

Honestly, Go Hye Sun wasn't a very good Makino, she didn't look the part neither did her acting compare to those

of her counterparts. Inoue totally fit the role for Makino and she practically owned it with her acting. Barbie Hsu was also good since

she portrayed the stubbornness real well.

Hanazawa Rui = Oguri Shun <3, enough said.

Overall it's obvious who I voted for. Hana Yori Dango is one of my favorite dramas of all time since it's sooo good!

hmm...lets see.

MG - i've seen only the first season and i don't like it that much *getting intense stares from MG shippers*.well it's kinda dragging and i prefer faster paced drama but not too fast though.as for the f4,they do have the perfect heights and i don't want to say anything about their looks.to make it simple...they don't look like rich peoples.and some of their clothes are way too simple.shirt and pants don't give me the idea of what rich peoples would wear.as for san chai,she does look like a poor people.i think she's ok though.i don't hate her.

BOF - now this drama has the word dragging written all over it!sometimes i do feel like i was actually watching a music video or something.you know music at the background and the characters doing absolutely nothing.

at first i only watch few episodes and i got bored so stop watching it.then i post a comment (not in this thread) saying how boring this drama is and someone told me to watch the whole thing before i judged.so i respect her opinion and started watching it until episodes 16.

and my verdict hasn't changed.

there were times when i just forwarding the whole episodes coz the staring into space without doing anything parts were too long.i'm so sorry but i cant' stand this drama.as for the f4 i love their clothes!!i really do.they look rich so that's one good point for this drama.the actors are so-so except KHJ *another intense stares from KHJ fans*, he just so...i don't know,lack acting talent?but i guess it's ok considering this is his first acting gig.

i don't like jandi at all!!enough said.

HYD - this drama is fast paced which is to my liking.actors can really act even though sometimes i think matsujun was overacting in certain parts.

all in all i think this drama is better than the previous two.

F4...i really like oguri shun's portrayal as rui.he was born to play this role.enough said.his entire wardrobe was actually better than matsujun but not as good as the F4 in BOF.as for the others...i don't wanna comment on their clothes (they were just eww) but they're ok.so sorry.

i think my eyes were pretty much glued on rui that i don't even care about the others.i like makino.i think she's cute and perfect for this role.

so my conclusion...HYD all the way but as for the other stuff such as clothes,cars,houses,the whole setting stuffs BOF is the best.

Guest tchq90

I love BOF mainly because of the Soeul couple. This drama had a great start but went bad during its second season: bad script, no transitions, unnecessary scenes, ....

It is a pity because it had all elements that needed to be the best adaptation: good looking cast, great actors: Lee Min Ho, Kim Bum, Kim So Eun, beautiful scenaries, nice props.... but its director/script writer blew it badly. Therefore, I had to vote for the Japanese version even though its F4 is definitely not handsome by any means.

I love BOF mainly because of the Soeul couple. This drama had a great start but went bad during its second season: bad script, no transitions, unnecessary scenes, ....

It is a pity because it had all elements that needed to be the best adaptation: good looking cast, great actors: Lee Min Ho, Kim Bum, Kim So Eun, beautiful scenaries, nice props.... but its director/script writer blew it badly. Therefore, I had to vote for the Japanese version even though its F4 is definitely not handsome by any means.

totally agree with u.they do have the best props but not the script though.

Guest Ana_lih

Okay i was happy to see that all the choices that voted are winning

but let me do a complete analysis

(i will use the original manga names to the charactes)

Tsukasa:

I voted for minho, but the truth is that this was the most dificult to choose, since the 3 did a good and a diferent job in the character, while I think jerry was the most manly tsukasa, while Jun was the funniest of the 3 he kinda a diva tsukasa, but minho win for me cause he was the most passionate tsukasa and he is great with the facial expressions and i just started to

drool everytime he was in scene

Rui

I'm sorry zai zai fans and hyung joong fans, but i didnt even think to vote in this one, Oguri Shun all the way, he was rui, i thought i was just being biased in this one cause i love Oguri, but seeing the poll i see i'm not. zai zai's rui was too much autist i mean in some scenes i thought he was sleeping and hyung joong's rui was too less autist, he was too lively for me. Oguri was autist at the right point and i just love everytime he said MA-KI-NO

Soujiro

Kim Bum was the soujiro with more screen time and he is just too adorable, and i even become a SoEulmate and this couple didnt get my attention at all in the other two versions. Matsuda did a great job as well and as for ken i think he was without importance in the drama i mean Xi Men and Mei Zuo were just 2 old ladies in the back doing gossip about the love triangle

Akira

this was a character that was not valued in the 3 versions. kim joon in the begging has problems with his acting, but he was just getting better with the time and he was the one that had the gangsta vibe that akira needs. Abe was good but his good guy face was not good to play such a character and for vaness it applies for the same case as ken's

Makino

Inoue Mao all the way, the same thing that happened with Oguri, she was makino, and sorry to barbie and hye sun fans but mao-chan was the best in acting of the three. Barbies's San Cai was just too annoying for me and Goo Hye Sun was cute sometimes but in the romantic scenes her expression just failed she had no emotion on her face and both of the looked too old for the character.

well in the drama ranking is like this:

1.HYD

2.BOF

3.MG

meteor garden even thought was fun to wacth lacked a lot, and Boys over flowers had serious editing problems(sometimes i wished the drama was on MBC than KBS), Hana Yori Dango besides the special value that has for me( my first asian drama) was the best in production terms

Guest Miss.Understood

Eh, so many people picked HYD, but imo BOF is better 100%! = ) Korean dramas tend to be lengthy while J-dramas tend to be not-so-lengthy. lol. I prefer long dramas, tbh I tried watching HYD but it's so . . . . dark compared to BOF. I'll try watching HYD again one day though (:

Guest deeLOVELY

Eh, so many people picked HYD, but imo BOF is better 100%! = ) Korean dramas tend to be lengthy while J-dramas tend to be not-so-lengthy. lol. I prefer long dramas, tbh I tried watching HYD but it's so . . . . dark compared to BOF. I'll try watching HYD again one day though (:

people picked HYD because of the horrible script

heck, there's even a discussion in the BOF forum about how they butchered some of the characters

Guest Ginoru

people picked HYD because of the horrible script

heck, there's even a discussion in the BOF forum about how they butchered some of the characters

Totally agree, from the middle to the end of BOF I couldn't recognize almost any Hana Yori Dango character! What they did with Makino-JD in the swimming pool might look great visually but that's totally against what Makino really is!!!, i felt so cheated there! i knew she was not Makino but to show it like that ¬¬

Guest yongwonhi

Since I now finished watching the drama, I think that Boys over Flowers was literally the worst Asian drama I have ever watched. I should have stopped watching, but it was like watching a trainwreck... you can't take your eyes off it.

EXACTLY how i feel! while i was watching it i couldn't stop, but now that i've finished... i feel like i just wasted 25 hours of my life. what the heck did i watch!?

Guest tchq90

I also think it is unfair for such a poll to be conducted in a Korean site with Korean pop fans.

This is so true... Soompi is known as the Korean fans's web site so the result might not be the opinions of the majority who have already watched all three versions. So far, the results do not look bad at all. I am only disturbed if Kim Hyun Jung received more votes than Shun Oguri.

Guest PB&Banana

^

Actually most in this thread prefer hyd than bof I think

for me bof had it's moments where wow the actors did well, the scenery was there, and the lines were memorable but that's just it there were moments. BOF is a drama where one take it for what it's worth, at times it makes no sense, horrible writing and directing, but when you get past that it is an entertaining drama.

HYD probably the best version but not my favorite, I loved Mao and Shun they were the best in their roles out of all the three versions. The chemistry between Jun and Mao was unreal but I did not like the second season nor the movie I wished they just ended it with the first.

MG will always have a special place, yeah it dragged I mean really dragged but that was my first time watching a taiwanese drama and I could not stop watching it.

Guest an_nhien

started to watch BOF but i may drop it! I cant stand the lead girl, she screams/shouts or whatever wayyyyyy tooooo much! Mao is just fit for the role.

And the lead guy in BOF, he may have the look like Domyoji in the manga (I can recall that Domyoji is quite tall), he is a candy-eye compared to Jun ! Since when Domyoji can smile that much before actually being with Makino???? I dont like matsumoto jun but i have to admit that his acting skill is one of the best among JEs. Domyoji role is just made for him to act.

For Rui, Hands off, Oguri Shun pulled it off. He is Rui. I dont intent to write a review here

Although I have to admit that Kim Bum's smile is gorgeous and it keeps me watching until ep 7, he can not be Soujiro :D he looks like the nice little brother. So Shota won this match ^^

The Korean Arika is a laugh! And that's why Abe Tsuyoshi gets my vote. He's a good actor too, so I dont feel a bit guilty or biased :P

For me, the Japanese version is still the best.

I wont bother take MG into the comparison. Why? Because it is too old, you cant compare the technologies or blah blah blah, with the other two series.

But, it may be the most successful version of all three. Just look at F4 after MG ^^

Archived