Hana Yori Dango, Meteor Garden or Boys Before Flowers?

Guest ritahui

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a though question.. But for sure Jun Matsumoto is the best actor ever, he suits the role as tsukasa (?)

He was like so sweet, and funny.. I didn't find Lee Minho any sweet as the lead male role..

I prefer Inou Mao better than the Jandi role though..

For me the question is korean vs japanese, cause I dont like the taiwanese one..

But man the Japanese one wins hands down. I love the comedy in that+it was less draggy..

Guest oneandonlysarang

Jun Matsumoto

Oguri Shun

Kim Bum

Kim Jun

Makino

&i liked the korean version

cus i havent watched the other two in a while

Guest vincylady09

my ranking

1 - meteor garden (luv jerry yan!!)

2 - boys over flower (luv hyun joong :wub: )

3 - hana yori dango

each ver hv their own style :)

Guest nana★

I've never watched meteor garden, but out of hyd and bof, its hana yori dango for sure o v o

although the F4 wasnt as good looking as the F4 in boys over flowers, the way they were portrayed in hyd really made them seem more... real I guess.

and for makino, inoue mao for sure!

goo hye sun annoyed me, ugh she just... can't act.

despite the eyecandy, boys over flowers was... somewhat boring. I skipped like half of episode one and couldnt even finish the series because the story was dragging on so much.

so overall hana yori dango <3

Guest Xx_fiZaH_xX

i still prefer hyd.

i've watched all three and still think hyd is the best version.

maybe i'm bias because i always prefer japanese dorama compred to korean and taiwanese.lol.

Guest xingjing

HYD ftw. FTW for sure.

In HYD, you find a drama that surpasses just a regular old Cinderella story plus spiced up drama, like in the Korean version. There's more to the Japanese version than a whacked-out Korean drama [for that, I guess BOF was entertaining]. You find a growing-up story of Domyouji and even of Makino. And the execution in the Japanese version was perfect. I love the cinematography and the acting was wonderful too. Jun and Mao capture the essence of the characters and bring together something greater than too-rich-spoiled guy + poor-underprivileged-but strong-willed girl.

Meteor Garden... I felt like stuck to the books but didn't bring out much of a character itself.

And, for god's sake, I hated the Korean version of Tsukushi's family. They were the most annoying group of... grr. Seriously. And there's something about GHS's version of Tsukushi which bothers me. It just seems too over-acted in comparison to the down-to-earth Makino that Inoue Mao gives.

HYD! :]

Guest connie333

Hana Yori Dango was the best for me. I really liked Makino and Hanazawa Rui.

I definitely agree with you on that one!

Guest daulism

HYD, fo'sho. BBF had a nice look to it with its characters and styles and stuff, but it was also very long, too. Never watched MG YET but i might be a bit disappointed.. who likes Barbie anyway? >_>

Guest °..a²

HYD no doubt. I loved all of the characters. GHS annoyed me soo much with her constant yelling and overacting in BOF. She wasn't really special, or had any "charm" the character makino was suppose to have. I honestly don't get how ANYONE could even like her, she's so damn annoying.

Guest miimisunshine

i think i voted..

actually.... MG was the first asian drama i watched.. haha

i liked it. then i watched MG2 it was okayyyyyy

i prefer HYD. loved the drama and the movie as well

Guest random koohkie

I haven't seen MG yet, but I'd say HYD is better than BBF.

HYD to me seemed better plot-wise.

Although BBF did have some nice eye candy x]

Guest vic_taebin

Jun Pyo - He was the only one out of the F4 leaders that really got me to root for him beginning to end, plus Lee Minho is the most good-looking out of the 3. ( I usually lean towards the Lei/Rui/JIhoo guys)

Sancai - I liked how Barbie Hsu played her. She just looked and acted natural. Makino and Jandi just annoyed me.

For the best drama, it was a toss up between Meteor Garden and BOF. I picked MG in the end. BOF had a better flow, storyline, and it was short, but I liked MG's funny moments cuz they were really funny, more episodes to watch, and also it was my first asian drama. I guess it left a lasting impression in me.

Guest swempy_ren

MG left sweet memories during high school hahah..I will forever treasured it in my heart. But overall I like Boys Before Flowers better..

Junpyo/LeeMinHo is hotttt!!

Guest yumoreo5

I've seen all 3, HYD hands down!!! The pace was good, the acting was good, the chemistry was good, just everything overall was better. MG comes in second and then BOF comes in last. If it wasn't for SoEul, I wouldn't even have a place on the list for BOF, it sucked that much.

Guest janithyenith

i though that domyoji tsukasa was the best f4 leader

ji hoo was best f4-2?

i absolutely feel in love with kim bum<3

and woo bin was better than akira

i didn't really like jan di in the beginning

but i still think that makino is better

over-all i found boys before flowers better than hana yori dango

i havent seen metor garden yet though xD

Guest cgherrer

I´am glad That HYD is winning for best drama because it´s certainly better than BOF and MG.

MG: The story was pretty similar to the original manga but they had bad actors. I didn´t like Jerry´s portrayal of Tsukasa. Barbie Hsu as shancai looked a little arrogant on the role and she lacked the funny and cute side of the heroine. The story dragged a little and the second part was a absolute pain to watch.

BOF: This drama is seriously overrated. Bad actors, especially Jihoo and Jandi. If the actors weren´t good looking, I bet the drama wouldn´t have good ratings. The story was a mess in the second part (eps. 13-25) and had a mediocre ending. The chemistry between the main couple was minimal since Goo Hye sun´s Jandi looked awkward and she lacked affection for Junpyo.

HYD: The best story, acting and chemistry of all versions. I´m glad they casted good actors who don´t rely on pure looks. Matsumoto Jun doesn´t look the best on this drama but he won me over with his arrogant, funny, sweet and sometimes stupid Tsukasa. Inoue Mao was a good Makino, Funny, spunky, humble and showed her inner strength when it needed. She didn´t look like the damsel in distress that needs to be saved all the time unlike Jandi who annoys me for this same reason. They had a great chemistry and my only complaint is they could have more romantic scenes from the manga but the Final movie made up for that.

HYD wins this battle for me.

Guest MizzprEEETy

Hands down "Boys over flower". I didn't like the Taiwan because it wasn't so funny and the Japan one, the guys are so ugly.

Boys over flower, hot guys and funny!

cgherrer

i completely agree with you.you summed up all three versions very well.

btw MizzprEEETy

BOF is funny?which part?

Guest lovebum4life

Hands down "Boys over flower". I didn't like the Taiwan because it wasn't so funny and the Japan one, the guys are so ugly.

Boys over flower, hot guys and funny!

LOL THIS is a major reason why BBF was so popular...good looks = hit! I bet this chick didn't fully watch both dramas.

Anyway Their all good, MG was my first but the acting was off, BBF had hot guys but seriously I was dissapointed with how whole story was put together plus characters like Jandi are the reason why I stopped watching Kdramas(except for a few), and HYD was my favorite. At first I thought the guys were ugly besides Rui but then I fell in love with the story and the characters which allowed me to see the beauty in each and everyone of the leading characters.

Archived