Sato Takeru - a.k.a "Rurouni Kenshin"

pechumori

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

BTS picture of Takeru san and the cat during the filming of his upcoming movie, Sekai kara Neko ga Kieta nara (If A Cat Disappears From The World)
credit: qgd0d0t

tumblr_ne3gv9RXnd1u0s9l5o1_500.jpg
BTS picture of Takeru san and the cat during the filming of his upcoming movie, Sekai kara Neko ga Kieta nara (If A Cat Disappears From The World)
credit: qgd0d0t - See more at: http://pechumori.tumblr.com/tagged/sato_takeru#sthash.fk9dRTvG.dpuf

tumblr_ne3jfrIovT1smu73fo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ne3jfrIovT1smu73fo2_400.jpg

tumblr_ne3jfrIovT1smu73fo3_400.jpg

WHY DO WE LOVE HIM SO MUCH?
CanCam 2014.12
credit photo to ‘rizuru@tcfc’ and takeruzone
translated by stephany-310 tumblr

~translation~

<1>

“He is the first actor that makes me think we are a perfect pair.

From the nuance of acting to cinematic aesthetics, we share a similar sense as if we had been old friends for a long time, which has surprised me again and again.

The reason why I love Sato Takeru so much lies in the fact that I think so, or I’d like to think so, I suppose.

If I put it in just a few words, he is a GIFTED ‘FIRST-CLASS LISTENER’.

More than anything else, he listens actively to others.

Unless asked, he won’t talk about himself.

I find myself more talkative than usual in front of him.

No wonder I can’t help thinking we are a perfect pair.

I believe that this is not my one-sided love even now; it seems as if I were still under his charm.”

By Koizumi Norihiro, director of the film ‘Liar and his Lover (Kanojo wa Uso o Aishisugiteru)’

<2>

“It’s his determination, I guess. Anytime, when he talks to anyone,

HE FACES THEM WITH HIS OWN DETERMINATION, I think.

But he doesn’t make us notice that it should be described in such an exaggerated word as ‘determination’

It is his manners, assiduities, and aesthetics.

No wonder he’s popular, you know.

Especially it is effective to adult male who is going to do something seriously.

Yeah, he got me easily (LOL).”

By Otomo Keishi, director of the films ‘Rurouni Kenshin Kyoto Inferno / the Legend Ends’

<3>

“HE MAKES ME WONDER WHAT HE IS ACTUALLY THINKING.”

He is kind of mysterious person.

By Aoki Kotomi, manga artist of ‘Liar and his Lover (Kanojo wa uso o Aishisugiteru)’

<4>

“I’m not sure but it might be when we had a meeting for the film ‘Liar and his Lover’.

Takeru-kun came to my room for the first time and played the bass.

‘Like this?’

He looked absolutely serious playing the bass, just like a child absorbed in Lego building blocks.

‘Oh, no, I can’t play at all. Would you play the bass for me, Kameda-san?’

Takeru-kun abruptly begged me.

He wolfs his meal and e-mails me attaching photos of some drinking party.

He compliments me on my outfits and when I texted him on his birthday, he replies to me in a second.

Anyhow,

HE IS COOL, CUTE, AND RELIABLE.

I really appreciate meeting Takeru-kun, who is just like my son, and at the same time, my friend!”

By Kameda Seiji, music producer

<5>

“I often play the game ‘Are You a Werewolf?’ with him. And he often suspects that I am a werewolf.

What I can’t forget is the time when I was told, ‘You’re dubious! Look into my eyes, for five seconds.’

Before my face, Sato Takeru had a serious look on his face.

In order to settle his doubt, I had to gaze back at him.

1… 2… 3… 4… ‘Dubious! You’re absolutely a werewolf, aren’t you!?’

Before waiting for five seconds, he condemned me wearing a straight face.

I’m telling you, there is no ordinary person who can keep looking directly in your eyes for five seconds.

You’re too cool. Simply! Your face!

I intended to have written about he has extraordinarily a wide range of interests, he inherently smart, or something like that, but no, no, no!

Sato Takeru is

SATO TAKERU SIMPLY HAS GOOD LOOKS!!”

By Asai Ryo, novelist

*note by steph*

He is the author of ‘The Kirishima Thing’.

Takeru and Ryo are the same age.

<6>

“Sato Takeru is scary.

He is four years younger than I and graduated from the same high school as I, so he is at least my kohai (junior).

But I feel he is my senpai (senior).

I still find myself putting myself on guard every time I meet him.

That’s because he is obviously smart.

His casual statement is always to the point and he controls the atmosphere at any place.

He’s really scary.

But Takeru-senpai is also gentle.

HE IS ALWAYS MINDFUL OF ANYONE AND CHERISHES HIS FRIENDS.

It goes without saying that he is popular.

His only weak point I know is that he is not good at the game ‘Are You a Werewolf?’

It is the game where we tell lies to each other.

Since Takeru is scary, the first thing we do is to hang him.

It serves him right, I think.

By Furuichi Noritoshi, sociologist

*note by steph*

In his book "Japanese Youth: An Interactive Dialogue: Towards Comparative Youth Research", he devotes a whole chapter to Sato Takeru.

Takeru, Asai Ryo, and Furuichi Noritoshi appeared in a TV talk show ‘Bokura no jidai’ on Dec 15th, 2013.

<7>

“What makes Sato Takeru-san, my senpai in Amuse Inc, adorable is his eye appeal, I think.

Usually I’m attracted his eyes and I let out my secret.

He is just like a magician.

Moreover, his way of talking makes me want to know him better.

It is also his appeal.

Well, he is not only mysterious.

One thing is clear about him;

HOWEVER BUSY HE MAY BE, HE OFFERS COUNCEL WITH SYMPATHY.

Takeru-san is a kind senpai.”

By Kosei Yuta, actor

*note by steph* As you know, he is a big fan of Takeru and co-starred with Takeru in the drama ‘Bitter Blood’.

<8>

“Anyway,

HE HAS A GREAT SENSE OF ANYTHING!

It’s not just about fashion sense.

Everything he chooses shows his good taste, Takeru-senpai.

It’s natural he is popular! LOL”

By Mizuta Kouki, actor

*note by steph* He played Ohno Kaoru in the film ‘Liar and his Lover’.

<9>

“It was clear that he was doing the toughest job, but he had conscientious care for others.

He appears to have ‘ouji-chara (prince-like character)’, but he is more sensitive to pains of others than anyone else.

He is happy for others’ happiness.

HE IS SUPER PURE.

He can’t avoid being loved.”

By Takahashi Maryjun, actress

*note by steph* She played Komagata Yumi in the film ‘Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno / the Legend Ends’.

<10>

I can’t imagine how it could turn out at all but

Takeru is always new somehow every time I meet him!

Average 25-year-olds are biased in their tastes and when they reach the age of thirty, their amplitude as a human, or their vector tends to be fixed in the same direction.

But I wonder if his original capacity may be large, or if he is writhing in agony just inside himself, feeling pressure that we cannot even imagine by watching his smile and bashfulness that he shows in front of us, or, well, I don’t know how to put it, but he gives me new information every time we meet.

He provides those around him with fresh incentive every time they see him, I think.

At one moment, he makes me feel, ‘I must follow him!’ And at another moment, he leaves everything to me.

At one moment, I feel as if he were a reliable sempai, and at another, I find him to be just an ordinary boy.

As an artist, and as a youngster of the next generation, he is causing halation everywhere.

That’s why he’s able to attract any kind of people!”

By Nakagane Hidero, stylist

<11>

“Sato Takeru-san is young but he doesn’t show his age to people and things.

I’m often amazed that he has superior immediate insight and comprehension.

And I’m impressed that once he gets into his job, he has no hesitation in making his way to what he is feeling.

HE IS ALWAYS THINKING FORWARD AND POSITIVE.

At the same time, he is a kind, expressive and attractive actor.”

By Kokubo Eito, hair and make-up artist

<12>

I used to see him with an impression that he is androgynous, but now

I THINK HE IS VERY MANLY~.

It may be because of this gap that he is loved by both men and women.”

By Sone Masaki, cameraman

<13>

“He is a person who can think of how to entertain the viewers with a superior sense of balance, reading the scenario of a drama, I thought.

He provided us with a lot of service-minded ideas, such as, ‘In this scene, it would be better if I played a role as a clown rather than as a cool guy.’

HE IS A NATURAL ENTERTAINER.

And it develops his appeal as a result and both men and women can’t help being fascinated with him, I wonder.

By Nakano Toshiyuki, producer of the drama ‘Bitter Blood ~the worst and strongest father-and-son detectives~’

tumblr_ne3jfrIovT1smu73fo4_500.jpg

WHY DO WE LOVE HIM SO MUCH?
CanCam 2014.12
credit photo to ‘rizuru@tcfc’ and takeruzone
translated by stephany-310 tumblr

【Interview】

My mental age is 23! I’m adult but at the same time, still pure, as if. LOL

CanCam: What do you think of these comments above?

Sato Takeru: I really appreciate them! Every one of them must be busy, but they gave me such nice comments on me… I just want to say thank you.

C: Aoki-san says she wonders what you are actually thinking. Are you the kind of person who doesn’t express your feelings so much?

T: I’ve thought I let my feelings come out, but I’m often told so… So many people say so, that I reached a conclusion that my face is the one that makes others feel I have something inside of me even though I have nothing special. (lol) But in my opinion, I’m expressing my feelings quite freely~.

C: Dir Otomo says you enrapture the heart of even adult men. Are you conscious of it?

T: I’m grateful! Of course I’m not conscious of it, though. I should say I’m always trying not to wag my tail to anyone but to keep being myself.

C: You’re loved by a lot of co-workers. On the other hand, who do you think is doing their work in a way you like?

T: Those who are doing what they think is good with confidence. When I’m working with people who stick to their beliefs, regardless of adult issues, naturally I think, ‘I want to ‘live up to their expectations! I want to make up something great hand in hand with them!’ Every time I see such a person, I can’t help wishing myself to be like that.

C: Who are the people ‘you can’t resist loving’?

T: Those who are embracing life. I think someone who is doing his/her best is attractive. And I like people who behave thinking with their head, not accepting everything as it is, casting suspicious glance at it.

C: Some of your seniors say they feel as if you were their senpai.  How old do you think yourself are in mental age?

T: In the first place, my actual age now, 25, is already that of ‘adults’. So all things considered … I’m 23 years old, maybe!

C: Younger than you really are? Why 23 years old!?

T: A 23-year-old is pretty mature, but it is just three years since he came of age.  So he must remain pure as well, as if. (lol)

C: There are two sides to you: One side shows you’re very mature, and the other you’re an innocent boy, right?

T: Thank you very much. (lol) I’m always hoping to keep pure mind.

C: You publish a daily calendar every year, ‘Sato Mekuru’. What is the theme next year?

T: I’m conscious of Tokyo-ish this time. Both photos and styling are fancy!

C: I heard that they took all the photos in one day. Was it tough?

T: Actually, it was a marathon shooting, taking a whole day, from morning till night. But we took in front of Hachiko in Shibuya, at Harajuku during the summer vacation … I did something I usually cannot do. So it was very fresh and enjoyable! It will have 365 different photos… I’ll be happy if you look at it every day. Please use it as you like. (lol)

C: Final word for readers of CanCam, please!

T: I hope you enjoy cosplaying as Kenshin at parties, such as Halloween party♪ Especially, Shishio or Yumi will be nice to attract attention. (lol)

~the end~

tumblr_nee3lyXvuf1s0d0yno1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nee3lyXvuf1s0d0yno2_r1_1280.jpg

Sato Takeru staff report:posted at 9:45, Nov 1, 2014

Report from the Shooting Site of the film ‘Sekai kara Neko ga Kietanara’!!

Hello, everybody!!

Takeru has been shooting the film ‘Sekai kara Neko ga Kietanara’ now.
Today, we’ll report how the shooting is going on ☆

As the title of the film shows, cats play an important role in this film!
Takeru, who loves cats, always plays with the cats in the intervals of the shooting♪

Takeru, trying to lull a cat to sleep!

(Photo 1)

Takeru’s smile, holding a cat, click ☆

(Photo 2)

Next time, we’re going to continue the report from the shooting site.
Please look forward to it ♪

That’s all for today’s staff report!!

credit: stephany-310.tumblr

Archived