Sato Takeru - a.k.a "Rurouni Kenshin"

pechumori

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be hard to post updates chronologically in order to catch up with the five years that the thread has missed. He has become popular worldwide after starring in "Rurouni Kenshin", so there are a lot of materials all over the net. I will just post anything about him randomly, because i think his soompi fans might like to know the latest about him. If you are a fan of his from whatever project he had, please join me and post whatever you encounter outside. Thank you.  :)

Hot Pepper Beauty Magazine Sept. 2014 issue
credit: Baidu TS

10556394_1460186824258034_68195835190856

10593150_1460186834258033_25542859537722

10629754_1460186854258031_47850053595446

Sato Takeru staff report: posted at 22:00 on Aug 20

~translation~

Talk show event to celebrate Photobook & DVD release

Hello, everybody!!

We’ll report the talk show event to celebrate the photobook & DVD release☆

The event livened up with funny graffiti on ‘Taketere DVD’ sent from you and the story about special cuts taken in South Africa that were not included in the photobook.

This event will be aired in Taketere on August 27th (Wed), so we hope not only those who couldn’t take part in the event those who were there will enjoy it!!

tumblr_namxcmRUAC1s0d0yno1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_namxcmRUAC1s0d0yno2_r1_1280.jpg

That’s all for today’s staff report!!

(Source: satohtakeru.amuseblog.jp)

credit: stephany

class="title"Sato Takeru releases new photobook “ALTERNATIVE”tumblr_n98idzqzJk1rc6v9ao2_500.jpg

Takeru Sato has released a photo book for the first time in three years. Titled “ALTERNATIVE”, it consists of Takeru’s trip to South Africa and behind the scenes stills from his movie “Rurouni Kenshin”. The rest documents Takeru’s life from age 24 to 25 as he grows as an actor.

Here are some previews from his photobook:

tumblr_n98idzqzJk1rc6v9ao1_500.jpg

tumblr_n98232pXA81smu73fo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n98232pXA81smu73fo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n98232pXA81smu73fo3_500.jpg

Source
credit: allthingsjpop

class="padb10 posl" style="width:300px;"Takeru Satô Trivia

Popular actor, Sato Takeru, made an appearance on one of the corners of popular animal variety show, "Tensai! Shimura Doubutsuen," which was broadcasted on October 16th. The corner he made an appearance on was to look for cute kittens with female comedian duo, Harisenbon. It seems like Takeru is a big cat lover as he has two cats. (tokyohive.com)

Takeru Sato have bas visión, which makes him to wear glasses, however, for work, he uses contact lenses (ja.wikipedia.org)

won the 60th Television Drama Academy Awards as best supporting actor in the J-drama "Mei-chan's Butler (wiki.d-addicts.com)

Appeared on stage as Romeo in the "Romeo and Juliet" play opposite Satomi Ishihara in 50 performances (satohtakeru.amuseblog.jp)

Takeru Sato was awarded the "Best Action Best Actor" at the 1st Japan Action Awards! for his work in "Rurouni Kenshin" (satohtakeru.amuseblog.jp)

On March 29th, he did the ceremonial first pitch for the Baseball team Chiba Lotte Marines (satohtakeru.amuseblog.jp)

Hus Surname, Sato is one of the most common surnames in Japan, being in number one most common surname (japantoday.com)

Took lessons of different instruments for his role in Kanojo wa uso wo aishisugiteiru, such as Bass, guitar, piano and drums (satohtakeru.amuseblog.jp)

credit: triviafamousfix

From Sato Takeru photobook ‘ALTERNATIVE’

Takeru × Taka Cross Talk<4>

~translation~

On a calm night, several months after the travel to South Africa, at the counter in a cozy little sushi bar in Tokyo, were Sato Takeru and Taka, the vocal of ONE OK ROCK.

Since Taka was born in April and Sato in March, they are in the same year in school. And they say flatly about each other that ‘He is my boy friend, my girl friend, my closest friend, my husband, and my wife’. This statement shows ‘the closest friend’ is not enough to express their relationship; something is lacking; something is wrong.

One is an actor, the other is a musician. The stage where they perform is different but holding each other in respect, they have shown their problems and inner thoughts frankly to each other.

How is Sato Takeru in the eyes of Taka, who knows Sato Takeru’s real face best? And how does Sato talk about Taka? In what point are they attracted to each other? What differences do they have? What do they feel empathy for? —-

The twenty-five-year-olds started drinking and talking face to face, after they toasted with a glass of beer, eating their favorite sushi.

-How long have you known each other?

Sato: OK, then let’s start with our encounter. I came to know ONE OK ROCK from a co-star in a drama. I was scouted when I was in the second grade in senior high school, and made a debut in a mid-night drama in the third grade. And one of my co-stars told me. He was an actor and singer at the same time. He said, ‘In my class in high school, there is a member of a rock group ONE OK ROCK and the vocal of the group is an awesome singer and super hot. Why don’t you try listening to them?’ If I remember right, we were in some fast food shop. We both listened to a song together eating hamburgers, sharing an earphone. The song was ‘Do you know a Christmas?’ (a self-produced indie CD) It begins with Taka’s vocal, and the moment I heard his voice, ‘This guy is terrific! What a good singer!’ I thought. I remember that clearly. And then, I heard that ONE OK ROCK would hold a live concert at the school festival in Taka’s high school and went to see them. It was when I was in the third grade in high school.

Taka: I didn’t know Takeru was there, right?

Sato: Of course. We’d never met each other yet. But the moment I saw the live concert, I thought, ‘Really cool, these guys! What’s this!?’ Not only the songs but their performance was super cool. After that I became a fan of ONE OK ROCK. In those days, Ryota and Toru, the members of OOR, were living in the dormitory of Amuse (a production company), when I myself was getting busy at work and commuting from the dormitory. So I talked to Ryota and Toru, ‘Seriously, OOR, so awesome!’ (watching the documents) Well, OOR made a major debut with ‘内秘心書’ (released on April 25, 2007) , right? I watched its PV and thought, ‘Really cool!’ and started to go to their live concerts and kept going afterwards. So probably, on Taka’s part, he may have realized, ‘A man named Sato Takeru often comes to see us’, but suddenly, things took a mysterious new turn LOL

Taka: As I recall, when we did a live in SHIBUYA-AX, Takeru came to greet us at the back stage for the first time. I was rather shy of strangers, but I was really happy as he said, ‘I like ONE OK ROCK’. And I felt a little excited and said, ‘Thank you. Let’s hang out soon.’ And we exchanged our phone numbers, probably?

Sato: No, we didn’t, no. lol We didn’t at all. We didn’t meet for a while after that. I had a long term I’d been just another fan of OOR. The next single after ‘内秘心書’ was ‘努努-ゆめゆめ-‘ (released on July 25, 2007), and after that, ‘完全感覚Dreamer’ (released on Feb 3, 2010). Probably it was around the time of ‘完全感覚Dreamer’ that we made friends, right?

Taka: Oh, did we? How old were we? In our twenties?

Sato: We were over twenty at least. Well, what I remember is that I was on speaking terms with other members of OOR to some extent, but I never talked to this person at all. His performance was really cool, but I didn’t know what kind of person he was as a human, so I felt kind of distance between us a little. Then one day when I was shopping in Harajuku, I happened to see you.

Taka: What? I don’t remember at all.

Sato: Taka was extremely modest at that time, you know. Since a mutual friend was there, we talked a little and I found him low-profile. After that we came across each other several times but, anyway, it took us a very long time to make friends. lol And finally we got over our shyness and started to talk to each other. Since I’m a fan, I repeatedly said, ‘OOR, seriously terrific!’ and Taka replied, ‘Thank you’. lol

-When did it happen?

Sato: I don’t remember at all.

Taka: Was it when ‘Kamen-Rider Den-O’ started?

Sato: Much later. At the age of twenty, or twenty-one? No, it might be when I was nineteen. Ah, I have no idea. Anyway, we came to eat out together and we ate hot pot saying, ‘Winter makes us lonely, right?’ lol We both got lonely easily, I guess. And then we suddenly started to meet regularly. Was it the chicken hot pot restaurant in Nakameguro?

Taka: Yes, yes. We often went there.

Which is the most unforgettable live for you, Takeru-san, who has watched OOR’s lives on DVDs so many times?

Sato: All of them are. Well … all of them, but the first live in Budo-kan, and the first live in Yokohama Arena, basically all of them are good, but all in all, the one in Zepp. Taka’s condition was worst and sometimes he had a coughing fit, while singing. But it was good to the contrary. He was not able to sing in as good voice as usual, but I feel ‘he is singing’, and it’s unexpectedly good, it appears.

-Taka-san, have you seen the works where Takeru-san appears?

Sato: You seldom see my works, right?

Taka: Yes. I see just my favorite lol. Actors don’t always choose their works completely by themselves, right? But I never fail to see my favorite works. I like ‘Bitter Blood’ very much, it’s my favorite.

Sato: You like Watabe (Atsuro)-san, right?

Taka: Yes, I like him. And watching Takeru acting with Watabe-san is very fresh to me. This is the first time you acted in a drama of this kind, isn’t it?

Sato: Right, seldom.

Taka: And ‘BECK’ gave me a sense of affinity and it was very exciting because I am in a band. But basically I can’t watch Takeru’s works objectively. If Takeru and some other person are on the screen, I can’t help looking at Takeru while watching. So I can’t watch it as a story. Especially, I watched ‘Rurouni Kenshin’ many times, but I never watched it objectively. When I look back on it, I can recall it objectively, but while watching, I can never. So if you ask me if I enjoyed the film as a story, it’s difficult to answer. But conversely, it is also fun not to be able to see it objectively — that’s that.

Sato: Such is our relationship. So I can show him everything and tell whatever happens to me. I don’t want to hide something from him.

Taka: I casually ask him, ‘What do you think our next album should be like?’ or something like that. Takeru has been listening to our songs for a long time. I won’t ask others such a thing, though.

Sato: Recently we have an in-depth conversation, but I remember nothing about what we talked about when our friendship started. We may not have had a substantial talk.

Taka: Yeah, it might be in these few years that we came to have rather deep discussion. In these few years, Takeru started to have a question about human beings more strongly, such as, ‘What is a human being?’

Sato: lol

Taka: His question is ‘What is a human being?’ right? No one can answer, I suppose. Since we are doing this kind of job, we sometimes see things in a different way from others. When I was young, I didn’t notice that, but when I was over twenty, I gradually came to realize it and grew up. In Takeru’s case, he is very clever and … well, basically he doesn’t say nothing but what is clear. He doesn’t know how to beat around the bush LOL. Basically he just goes straight, but surprisingly he doesn’t say anything wrong, you know. He is always looking for an answer. He has far more inquisitive mind for an ‘answer’ than I. What is great about him is that he exactly finds the answer. He is the type of the person who finds each answer, absorbs it, and asks for another answer. As for me, even if I don’t know the answer, when Takeru confronts me with an answer while talking, I tend to be shocked. ‘Aha, I see’, I think, ‘I’ve known it just vaguely, but it is actually so’, or something like that. So it’s exciting to be with him. He and I are working in a different genre but we are both in the same position as a performer. We are of the same age, and I respect him, so I often have a talk about various things with him. His reply is very simple and at the same time very clear. That’s where he is a little different from others around me, I should say. I’m apt to doubt what others say from the start, because I got into show biz when I was rather small and I was the type of the person who lived without trusting people around me. But I need not behave like that with Takeru. He talks straight and what he says is easy to understand. That’s the point I think very nice about him —attractive and that’s what I’m lacking in.

Sato: Every person has his own personality. I can say the same to you. You are different from me, so I want to listen to you and we can respect each other.

Taka: Well, with this and that we are always …

Sato: Together.

Taka: But we can’t find answers recently. I’m a little stupid, so when he asks a question at the level of ‘human beings?’ I give it up saying, ‘Takeru-san, I have no idea’ lol. But Takeru keeps on pursuing after all, ‘How stupid are human beings?’ for example.

Sato: ‘Common’ is a trash’, for example. We made up word of wisdom, you know.

Taka: Right.

—What does it mean?

Sato: This is a catchy phrase, but I’ll explain it because it may be misunderstood. In this world, ‘It is ‘common’ to tell a lie’, ‘It is ‘common’ to deceive others’, and ‘It is ‘common’ that it is natural to be deceived’. The situation in the world now is just like that. Those people are massive majority, I mean. ‘It’s OK for me to be the same as others’ is not right, but it’s bad and wrong, so let’s avoid it, it means. For example, littering on the street, or neglecting the garbage, is becoming ‘common’, sorry to say. Those situations today that most people take for granted are actually not ‘common’. You shouldn’t be ‘common’, I want to say.

*to be continured :)

Exchanging cups of ‘sake’, they’re gradually changing the subject to their change and improvement since they first met till now.

Sato: Taka has mellowed, compared with what he used to be.

Taka: It’s thanks to my friends who are always around me, including Takeru. I never know whether I have changed or not by myself, you know, because I’m living my current life. But looking at my friends around me, I notice Takeru, for example, has also been changing little by little. I notice it because I am near him. At the same time, I, who can notice his change, have changed, I think… Then I can challenge the next thing. Yes, it’s my friends. Those who are around me explain something plainly, not by words, but by mood, I suppose.

Sato: Probably I’ve changed quite a lot, I think. And there are a lot of reasons for that. The most significant change is that I came to be more and more known, isn’t it? After all when I first met Taka, people in the world didn’t know me at all, but now, fortunately, most people somehow know me. Since the relationship starts in this situation, I’m getting shyer and shyer to the strangers. When I was in my teens, I wasn’t aware that I am shy, but now I think I’m shy and it’s hard for me to open up my mind.

—More people approach you because you’re the famous Sato Takeru, I guess.

Sato: So I’m getting more and more inclined to protect the ‘Sato Takeru’. For example, if I should show a tired look just a little, they might say, ‘He is a cold person’. The more I get into such a mind, the less normally I can behave with people.

Taka: In that sense, our relationship has changed and I feel we are becoming something like a ‘husband and wife’ LOL.

Sato: My boyfriend, girlfriend, closest friend, husband, and wife. We’re married persons, two of us, right?

Taka: It’s rather hard to explain to others lol. But suppose here is a person named Takeru and I’m his wife, right? If, after years, my husband brings up quitting his job to be a farmer in the country, I won’t stop him. He is such a person. It’s no use stopping him. So I’ll enjoy the situation. I’ll never stop him.

Sato: Right.

Taka: You can try. Then share what you’ve got with me, I feel. You’d do so, too, I think, right?

Sato: He sometimes says something on the impulse of a moment, so in that case, I’d say, ‘There might be another way like this’. But if he decided so after thinking, really thinking a lot, I will never stop him. The reason why our relationship is something like that of boyfriend-girlfriend is that when I went to see a live … I go to almost all the OOR lives … then I should sometimes go to a live where this guy is in the worst condition, having a cold. I see a live when he is in his best condition, too, you know. When I’m watching a live like he is in terrible condition having a cold, my feelings are just like Minami-chan’s, who is watching Tatsuya’s baseball game in the comic ‘Touch’, or Touko’s, who is watching Aniya in ‘ROOKIES’. It’s the manager’s feelings. Though the audience around me is in fever, I’m watching him from the seat, saying to myself, ‘Hang in there, Taka!’

Taka: I had a policy not to go to his workplace often. For where Takeru comes is of course my workplace, but it’s a live and a live is, say, ‘the place to show to others’, right? Takeru won’t invite me to ‘the place to show to others’ stubbornly. The Amuse actors’ live at the end of the year, for example. ‘Never come. If you come, I don’t even care anymore’, he says LOL. In our relationship, I am a wife and Takeru is a husband these days, I think. I didn’t understand what he says about Minami-chan in ‘Touch’ till recently. But last year, I visited the shooting site, because I insisted I had to see the shooting site in order to create a song for ‘Rurouni Kenshin’. At that time, ‘Ah, this is what Takeru has always said’, I thought.

Sato: I can’t tell the detail because it has not been released yet, but he came to see the scene that you could exactly call the ‘death-struggle’.

Taka: This is what the phrase ‘I felt like running away’ means, I thought, ‘Oh, my gosh! … Just awesome …’ Takeru is always doing his best at any time, I know, and we went to eat out together during the shooting, many times. When I’m tired, I go home at my timing, but Takeru never fails to come even after the shooting is over. He says, drinking delicious beer, chatting idly with his best friends, and going home is the best thing for him. I think it would be better to take it easy and return home to go to bed because he has the shooting early in the morning the next day. But he never fails to come along with us when I say, ‘Let’s go to another place.’ If someone there is distressed and wants to have somebody listen to him, for example, Takeru is sure to come and listen to him. I’d seen him like that and visited the shooting site of the ‘Rurouni Kenshin’, where I realized he had come to us after such a tough job. I had a renewed respect and thought he is just terrific

—Before he started ‘Rurouni Kenshin’, Takeru-san was so ready to do it that he said, ‘If my action was not good, I will quit my job as an actor.’ And you saw such Takeru-san in the shooting site. What else did you think?

Taka: Only Takeru kept doing his own action without stunt double, right? It’s not a matter of whether he is young or whether he is the lead actor. I think he’s really great. I don’t know the world of actors but Takeru has an idea that an actor who can’t do his action by himself is finished. Basically, Takeru is a little … perkier than I LOL.

Sato: No, no, no. I’m almost as perky as you, right? We’re the same in that point lol.

Taka: It depends on the way people take you. As for me, I sometimes express myself in an indirect way. But he is ‘rock’, you know. In my opinion, he is quite a rock and I have to follow his good example on the contrary. He said things like that decisively and exactly carried it out. It is not a matter of great or not. He is just awesome. It’s his spirit. So when I was watching him in the shooting site, I felt something beyond description. I felt like crying.

Sato: I haven’t seen either Rurouni Kenshin part 2 or part 3, but Taka has already seen both. Of course they were not complete works, though.

Taka: (feelingly) They were good…

Sato: Even the lead actor hasn’t seen them yet (lol).

Taka: They were great, really.

—Do you talk about your impression after seeing his work?

Taka: I talk quite a lot.

Sato: Yes, he does.

Taka: Shall I repeat it without change?

—Yes!

Taka: I thought it was perfect. Actually he didn’t put spirit into it for nothing. I know how busy he has been and about his private life, so my heart was really gripped by the gap, or … what should I say … as I am a performer myself. But I don’t know how hard to act that particular role will be because I am not an actor. I said to him, ‘Well, it was really a good film. You really did your best!’

Sato: I can’t say anything because at this point I’ve never seen the films. I want to see them. I envy you. I want to see them (lol). Come to think of it, I very well remember the time when it was decided that ONE OK ROCK should produce the theme song of Rurouni Kenshin 1.

Taka: I was terribly happy.

Sato: Before it was officially decided, at the stage where they were thinking of ONE OK ROCK for the theme song and deciding it would be OK, you were performing live in Okinawa, right?

Taka: Yeah, we were.

Sato: I was also in Okinawa to watch it. I don’t remember if it was before or after the live, but two of us went to eat out in a steak restaurant. You knew I was shooting ‘Rurouni Kenshin’ at that time, right?

Taka: I knew it.

Sato: And I told Taka that ONE OK ROCK was most likely to be chosen to produce its theme song.

Taka: I was so happy.

Sato: Yeah, happy. I was really happiest ever since I started this job.

Taka: Me, too. ‘The time has come! Moving with the flow, the new generation should take the throne!’ I thought. I was always talking about such things with Takeru. I may sound imprudent but I had an idea that ‘It makes no sense to let older generations keep on doing. Isn’t it the time we should make a big leap?’ Well, in fact, I didn’t say in such strong words. (lol)

Sato: Well, but it had such a nuance.

Taka: After all, though we are different in career, we have the same feelings. We’ve been doing our job, feeling, ‘Who will go if we don’t go now?’ So I was really serious and the moment the theme song was decided for us to do, I was super happy. I tell you what. I do it in a totally different way from usual one when I produce music for the work where Takeru appears. When I did it for Rurouni Kenshin 1, I was driven by a very strong feeling that I should definitely make it a good one. Of course all I can do is to make a song and provide it. But I wanted to show ONE OK ROCK was making ‘Rurouni Kenshin’ together, involving our fans. So I didn’t want to make it seem that we were just making the theme song. I watched the film many times, as well as spot movies, I thought a lot about what kind of song is the best for this movie. I also investigated about the sound further. There is work called ‘mix’ and I’d never asked more people to do that work before. Usually we have a certain engineer-san to make recordings and he does the mix after the recording. But we didn’t do that for this song. I transmitted the song to about four mixers at one time and decided which sound was the best. I worked on it very seriously, more seriously than ever before. Then they decided to let us produce music for the second film ‘Kyoto Inferno’. This made me feel that the film was mine. We were just one of those who were making the film, I felt. In short, in making a film, you need many different teams, such as the director, actors, cameramen, audio, lighting technicians, construction coordinators, and so on. And I felt we were among the members of those teams.

Sato: This is the first time I heard about mix. But I realized your eagerness. Taka himself said, ‘This is my best work ever’. To hear the song, ‘This is great!’ I myself thought. And we shared common view, ‘Yes! This is exactly the theme music!’

Taka: We did.

Sato: At your home, we two did.

Taka: At that time, I was so much convinced that it was the only song that I could give full marks among the songs I had made. And I was all the happier because it was the theme song for the film where Takeru played the lead.

Sato: I listened to the song for the first time at Taka’s home together with him.

Taka: Yes.

Sato: As usual, in your room.

Taka: I played it, saying, ‘I’ve made an excellent song’. That song starts with the piano. OOR has just one or two songs that start with the piano. Besides, to those songs, piano part was added afterwards. Only that song was made by piano from the start to the end and then introduced the guitar, bass, and drums afterwards. Really good songs don’t take so much time to compose. They are made kind of quickly. When I was making songs with the members of OOR, we sometimes shared that kind of feelings, but when I was doing it alone, I had never felt it. In making songs with the members, we sometimes say, ‘Wow, this is terrific!’ but when alone, I had really never felt, ‘Wow, I’ve made something great!’ But this is the only song I felt so. So when Takeru called on me, I let him hear just a part of the song. Takeru has remembered that intro since then. I developed it further into that song at last. I let Takeru hear the song for the second film first, like the first one, earlier than the director, probably.

Sato: The theme song for the second film is also really good. I want everyone to hear it played in the film. It’s a really good song.

*To be continued. And the next part will be the last :)

cr:stephany-310.tumblr.com

TAKERU SATO FOR JUNON MAGAZINE SEPT. 2014 ISSUE
credit:  Baidu TS

10435569_1460211247588925_27943164447984

Takeru sato's interview in Junon Magazine Sept. 2014 issue
translated by Joy Kiyota
edited by Pechumori

After 7 months, Takeru appears again in Junon magazine.

How have you been LATELY?

Q1. Lately, what kind of interesting books have you been reading?

TS: A manga written by Takehiko Inoue entitled "Real". It is very interesting and also the movie "Bakuman" which will be shown by next year, where my appearance has been confirmed. I already read the original manga story. I think since the beginning of this year, I have been reading much manga.

Q2. Lately, what DVD has become your favorite?

TS: Last year, I watched a foreign drama entitled "Friends". I really like it very much. I decided to watch the whole season. Since then, I have never seen a drama that could beat it. (laughs) Recently, I already watched the whole anime of "Slam Dunk".

Q3. If ever they will give you a summer holiday, what would you like to do?

TS: I want to go to the pool because it's a summer holiday. I want to swim.(laughs)

Q4. Lately, what is your little, little ~~ happiness?

TS: When I get home, the moment I turn on the aircondition, I feel so refreshed and happy.

Q5. Lately, have you met anyone that has made an impact on you?

TS: My co-star in the drama, "Bitter Blood", actor Atsuro Watabe has a sensational star aura. He gives motivation to all the crew. The set really moves when he enters. His acting performance is very fresh to me.

Q6.( Takeru's hobby is eating yummy foods) Lately, what yummy foods have you eaten?

TS: I eat a lot of various foods, and lately I didn't encounter any new stuff. But surely, I'm very fond of rice. A nice rice. I drink wine while eating meat and rice. I don't cook so I go out and find a shop with yummy food.

Q7. Lately, what have you been doing to keep on protecting your health?

TS: Wash hands and gargle.

Q8. Where would you like people to focus their attention on the actor Takeru, today and in the future?

TS: I prefer that they watch me in the movie "Rurouni Kenshin Kyoto Inferno/The Legend Ends" where I grew up one step ahead.

10671209_1460211354255581_31126104431587

10671209_1460211407588909_40437147287835

13954_1460211454255571_41943937048345760

10629594_1460211500922233_47125676968916

Takeru Sato's interview pictures for "Rurouni Kenshin Kyoto Inferno"
credit   otakumode and Baidu TS

excerpt from the interview:

[Takeru Satoh Profile]
Japanese actor. In 2007, drew attention in his lead actor debut on the drama Kamen Rider Den-O. Appeared in TV dramas Rookies (2008), Bloody Monday (2008), Mei-chan no Shitsuji (2009) and Ryomaden (2010) and the film Beck (2010). In 2011, received the Élan d'Or Award for Newcomer of the Year. Appeared in notable productions the following year, including Rurouni Kenshin (2012) and a stage production of Romeo and Juliet (2012). Starring in two-part series Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno/The Legend Ends, to be released summer 2014.

Read more from otakumode

1525466_1460638520879531_253904555813554

10672361_1460638904212826_71990633258825

10645011_1460638874212829_79245144367666

1654158_1460638687546181_996384113979313

10628101_1460638650879518_90524183860644

10628583_1460638587546191_38562678433559

10635944_1460638750879508_61714326074335

10410433_1460638790879504_52434633725704

Archived