Sato Takeru - a.k.a "Rurouni Kenshin"

pechumori

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mskdramalover

i'm glad i find this thread. i love satoh takeru!!!!! i love him as kenshin himura. he is fit for the role. i'm glad i saw him with emi takei and munetaka aoki when they visited my country. :)

Sato Takeru’s new movie:
A Live action movie entitled ‘Selai Kara Neko ga kieta Nara’. (If cats were to disappear from the world)
He plays a double role as a thirty-year-old post officer Miyazaki and a devil. Aoi is his girlfriend.
The shooting will start in October and last till next spring.

tumblr_nbypztsFTe1s0d0yno1_1280.jpg

source: mixi and asahi
credit: stephany-tumblr

Takeru Satoh and Aoi Miyazaki to star in "Sekai kara Neko ga Kieta nara"

By kevin on September 18, 2014

xtakeru-satoh-aoi-miyazaki.jpg.pagespeed

Takeru Satoh and Aoi Miyazaki will star in an adaptation of Toho film producer Genki Kawamura's debut novel Sekai kara Neko ga Kieta nara (lit. "If a cat has disappeared from the world").

Satoh will play a dual role as both the main character (referenced as "I") -- a postman who is diagnosed with a terminal illness and discovers he doesn't have long to live -- and a devil that appears to him with an offer to extend his life in exchange for removing things from his life. Miyazaki will co-star as his first love (referenced as "she").

Kawamura's novel was the first to be serialized via the mobile phone text messaging application LINE and the subsequent book release reached a circulation of over 700,000 copies. Last July it was also adapted as a radio drama starring actor Satoshi Tsumabuki.

In the film, Satoh's character agrees to the devil's terms, giving up various things from his life which each buy him one extra day to live. However, as these things are erased, his connections to some of the most important people in his life including his former girlfriend (Miyazaki) and his best friend (Gaku Hamada) are also taken from him.

Akira Nagai (Judge!) will direct the film, Yoshikazu Okada (Be With YouHankyu Railways - A 15-minute Miracle) adapted the screenplay, and Takeshi Kobayashi (Mr. Children) is handling the music.

Filming will begin in October on a pretty ambitious scale, with shooting to take place on location in places including Argentina and Hokkaido. The film will get a nation-wide release in Japan sometime in 2015.

Source: Eiga.com

credit:  eigapedia

When I learned of the RuroKen live adaptation, I decided to check out who would play Kenshin. I checked out to see the profile and saw Takeru Satou for the first time. I really thought he was Kamenashi Kazuya! They both look alike! (o_Ox) Oro?

Anyway, so glad to have seen all three movies of RuroKen. Until now, I still have the RuroKen withdrawal syndrome. I grew up watching Samurai X way back, and I was glad it was made to live action. The stunts did not disappoint me, and Takeru Satou was flawless! He's the perfect Kenshin. Kyaaaaaa!!!

I may still be fangirling on CN Blue, but Takeru Satou brought me back to J-movie/J-drama/J-pop land. <3 Satou-kun, arigatou gozaimasu! <3

Archived