[official] The Jyp Tour Auditions 2009

Guest love=music=life

Guest vii.Newyen86

Haha, question ^^; So me and my friend are really interested in auditioning for MC's and I've read you have to do a skit of some sort. Problem is, it ties into the experience portion of the application I've been hearing so much about. Truthfully we're art kids ^^; we don't have that much experience in acting in particular (or at least I think so) but as for attending performing art school, I'm part of a high school that specializes in visual art, dance, music, and drama (it's a school that holds auditions too and yeah, managed to get into the visual arts dept.) so I was wondering if our slight inexperience is a disadvantage? teehee? ^^; both in the experience and overall for the audition? (but we're more than willing to act and ruin our image in the process LOL)

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest love=music=life

I'm a songwriter/lyricist, do you think I could audition? (I live in NYC, so it wouldn't hurt to show up anyway)

This audition is being held for performers. Therefore if you wish to audition simply as a songwriter/lyricist feel free to send in an application through the normal application process explained in the auditioning in general thread.

However, if you wish to audition as a singer using your own song, that's fine too

If you were addressing my question that was not what I was asking. I was asking about the process since we are all given numbers (even for the walk-ins) and the question I was asking was of what they want us to do after we go up and audition. Whether we sit and wait for the 1~100 to finish then we are all dismissed. or if we can just leave.

You will be able to leave right after your audition.

Whether the auditions are held in groups of 10 or in a large room full of people, people will be dismissed every 10 auditioners.

However, there is a chance that you may or may not be asked to stay until the end of the auditions for additional filming.

Haha, question ^^; So me and my friend are really interested in auditioning for MC's and I've read you have to do a skit of some sort. Problem is, it ties into the experience portion of the application I've been hearing so much about. Truthfully we're art kids ^^; we don't have that much experience in acting in particular (or at least I think so) but as for attending performing art school, I'm part of a high school that specializes in visual art, dance, music, and drama (it's a school that holds auditions too and yeah, managed to get into the visual arts dept.) so I was wondering if our slight inexperience is a disadvantage? teehee? ^^; both in the experience and overall for the audition? (but we're more than willing to act and ruin our image in the process LOL)

There may or may not be disadvantages.

As long as you don't show the fact that you are inexperienced during your audition, you'll be fine. :)

They are not looking for the most experienced performers but rather people who have potential.

Guest musicpoplove

so even if yyou are first one in the audition and you dont have number by email you need to waite till 3? -.-

++ for NY im pretty sure its rather one person at a time or about 3 people at a time because i've been to the NY jYp building and they have the small stage as an audition. you cant even fit 10people in there. so they probably will pull around 1 or 5 people.

Guest dubledeath

do you happen to go to BCA? o_O

and btw

I just got my number. but I can't make my time-slot.

I can only make it after 1PM D:

so do I come then and wait til all the other numbers go and go with the walk-in register-ers? Or do I just miss it? D:

I want to audition for acting but can I show my dance along with my acting?

If thats possible do I have to write acting and dancing for my position?

Do you guys prefer application in korean?

thank you!

Guest rainymood

Ahh, I realized that the NYC Auditions are on SAT Day.

Unfortunate juniors. Myself included.

Guess I can't join in on the JYP auditioning craze D;

Guest love=music=life

so even if yyou are first one in the audition and you dont have number by email you need to waite till 3? -.-

++ for NY im pretty sure its rather one person at a time or about 3 people at a time because i've been to the NY jYp building and they have the small stage as an audition. you cant even fit 10people in there. so they probably will pull around 1 or 5 people.

Well they have the earlier auditions set for people with numbers and they have the time slot afterwards for all walk-ins...

do you happen to go to BCA? o_O

and btw

I just got my number. but I can't make my time-slot.

I can only make it after 1PM D:

so do I come then and wait til all the other numbers go and go with the walk-in register-ers? Or do I just miss it? D:

If your number has passed, you can come afterwards and still audition before the walk-in time. As long as you come before the auditions end, you'll be fine :)

i already sent in my application, but i want to change my position. is that ok?

Yes

I want to audition for acting but can I show my dance along with my acting?

If thats possible do I have to write acting and dancing for my position?

Do you guys prefer application in korean?

thank you!

You may or may not be given the opportunity to audition for 2 things.

Either way you can write both on your application.

And there is no preference for language on the application.

Guest omgit'sme

I'm not sure how long I should sing, I mean I know you said that we should sing as much as we can memorize but what if we memorized the whole song, should we still just start at the chorus? I'm afraid they'll cut me off before I get to the chorus which is the best part. but I still want to sing one verse before the chorus so I can set the pitch and everything. It's hard just starting from the chorus right away. And I'll probably be doing the walk-in so will that affect how much time I have?

if I sing one verse and the chorus it's about 50 seconds so about a minute.

if i start with the chorus and if they cut me off right after chorus it's about 30 seconds

any advice from people who have been to past auditions?

Guest simply_yummy

Ahh, I realized that the NYC Auditions are on SAT Day.

Unfortunate juniors. Myself included.

Guess I can't join in on the JYP auditioning craze D;

you can still go, because SAT's go until 12:00 PM

so auditions are probably after that, i think? so yeah.

because I know SAT's do end at 12:00-1:ish and if the

auditions start at around 10:00 and go until 6:00, i think that's enough time to go to New York and audition.

Guest loojerr

Hi~

I'm planning on auditioning for NY too... and i just found this out this morning at like 2am... -_____-

But, just for clarification, for singers, all we need to do is sing and maybe freestyle?... we don't have to bring a CD, right?

And... does anyone have any suggestions for song choice? Do you guys think a Loveholic song would be okay?

thanksss

Guest 1nn0xsmile

QUESTION:

i know u can only do one thing for JYP audition. im planning to dance

but can i put " Dance, Sing" in Position???

because i want to become a singer not a dancer. but i dance because i think i can pull off better

plz help, i dont know if it's okay to put both

Guest kaychunkins

i have a question

just to be prepared

say if you're doing a dance for the audition

and you get asked to be recorded some more

do they ask you to do the same song or freestyle to a song they put on?

and also how many things do they usually ask you to do?

QUESTION:

i know u can only do one thing for JYP audition. im planning to dance

but can i put " Dance, Sing" in Position???

because i want to become a singer not a dancer. but i dance because i think i can pull off better

plz help, i dont know if it's okay to put both

Yes, you can put both, and if the time comes where you can only do one just pick whichever one you think you're best at.

i have a question

just to be prepared

say if you're doing a dance for the audition

and you get asked to be recorded some more

do they ask you to do the same song or freestyle to a song they put on?

and also how many things do they usually ask you to do?

it really depends on what they want to see. Usually, if you dance or do something that isn't singing and they like it, they'll ask you to sing. If they like what you sang they will usually ask you to sing another song. Last year if they wanted to see more of you then they asked you to stay for extra recordings and they filmed you doing various categories. In the end it really depends on what they want to see from you, there is not set criteria.

Guest oliviak712

how long did it take for u guys to get your numbers? i sent my app like 3 days ago and i haven't gotten a reply or anything :unsure:

Yeah, I sent my two days ago and I haven't gotten anything back yet too

Guest DragonAngelKya

Yeah, I sent my two days ago and I haven't gotten anything back yet too

same here, maybe they have more applications and it's just taking a little longer for them to go through all of them

Archived