[official] The Jyp Tour Auditions 2009

Guest love=music=life

^ JYP will most DEFINITELY NOT go to where you live just so you can audition.

The reason why it's called a LA/NY audition is because the auditions are HELD in those locations only.

If you are unable to make it to either or auditions, I suggest other forms of auditioning (email, snail mail, online) if and when allowed.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blueberry222

^ JYP will most DEFINITELY NOT go to where you live just so you can audition.

The reason why it's called a LA/NY audition is because the auditions are HELD in those locations only.

If you are unable to make it to either or auditions, I suggest other forms of auditioning (email, snail mail, online) if and when allowed.

oh okay thanks just making sure

because it says that if any state thats not

NY or LA they would do something but yeah

now I know thats ^^

Stupid question,

I'm just wondering if you live in another state

besides NY or LA and you sign up for it, are you still

reqired to go to NY or LA, or they will go to where you live and

audition where you are there?

you have to go to the audition area.

for example, i live in texas, and i'm going to new york to audition.

Guest love=music=life

Update Feb. 9, 2009 6:45PM PST

READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS:

Hello everyone!

The locations dates and times for the Los Angeles and March auditions have been set and are posted on the main JYP Tour Auditions Website.

Which reminds me, the JYP Tour audition website has been set up. Click on the flyer on the first post to be directed to the website.

Unforunately the website is Internet Explorer compatible ONLY, therefore I have included a link to view a screencap of the website and also Sendspace links to download the application.

There are 2 different applications: KOR/ENG and CHI/ENG. If you are neither Korean or Chinese you may fill out any of the 2 applications.

As of now all information that was given to me has been given to you however if there are any updates, I will let you all know as soon as I recieve them.

Please take the time to read through the ENTIRE 1st post before asking any questions

Most likely your question will have been answered in the FAQ portion.

ALSO please do NOT PM me your questions because it's difficult answering all of your questions individually...

For those of you who have been helping me answer the repetative questions, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Don't forget to email in your application to usaaudition@jype.com by the day before your audition.

ALSO, please RSVP at either FACEBOOK and/or MYSPACE.

Thank You!

ChloeJN

Guest love=music=life

thanks so much!

can anyone tell me how to do online registration please?

Just download the application and email it to usaaudition@jype.com

and how come they dont have the dancer category when they do allow auditioning for dancing?

They do :) they wrote it as "Dance Part"

Do people have to fill out the online form if they're auditioning in LA?

Cus there doesn't seem to be a timeslot for the online applicants in LA.

We ask for people to email the applications regardless of whether they are auditioning in LA or NY. However, LA applicants will not be given numbers or time slots.

is this the same application that you'll have to fill out on that day? like could i print one here and bring it so i wouldn't have to bother getting one that day and filling it out there?

ugh and i think i'll have to go during the walk-in auditions b/c of conflicting issues with the times, anyone know the disadvantages of doing the walk-in?

Yes, this will be the same application that will be required on the day of the audition. I really suggest bringing in a copy so that you don't have to fill it out on the day of the audition.

AND

No, there are no disadvantages of doing the walk-in.

hey, this question might sound retarded but....

what if i cant be at the LA and NY auditions in person?

can i just email my application and demo video the day

before the audition?

or should i just email a regular audition

a couple of days before or after

the audition (to the email on jyp website instead of the email on the flyer)

If you will not be able to attend either the LA or NY auditions, feel free to apply the "normal" way.

More information on that is available at the Auditioning in General thread.

Stupid question,

I'm just wondering if you live in another state

besides NY or LA and you sign up for it, are you still

reqired to go to NY or LA, or they will go to where you live and

audition where you are there?

No, the staff will solely be holding auditions in LA and NY. If you can't make it to either auditions.

Send in a "normal" application... Information on that is available at the Auditioning in General Thread.

Hey guys I have a question:

Do you get assigned a number when you send your application online or when you show up there?

I just wanna know how soon to send the application..I guess...Thank You so Much!!

Much Love,

Peace!

Guest love=music=life

okay awesome awesome.

thanks so much for everything guys! whoever has contributed *

would u suggest singing over dancing?

&&

so we can be a walk in for the LA auditions and its okay?

I suggest that you audition for what you are most confident in but prepare for both just in case you are given the chance to do both.

and yes, you can walk-in at the LA auditions.

Hey guys I have a question:

Do you get assigned a number when you send your application online or when you show up there?

I just wanna know how soon to send the application..I guess...Thank You so Much!!

Much Love,

Peace!

For the NY auditions, I believe they are going to email you your number. However, for the LA auditions, you will be given your number when you re-register the day of the audition.

Question,

on the application, what if I don't have any experiences. Should I leave it blank?

And for the participating motivation, is that supposed to be for why I want to join JYPE or why I want to pursue this particular career?

Guest love=music=life

Question,

on the application, what if I don't have any experiences. Should I leave it blank?

And for the participating motivation, is that supposed to be for why I want to join JYPE or why I want to pursue this particular career?

You can leave the section blank if you do not have any experience.

And for the participation motivation, it just needs to be about your reason for auditioning. Whether it is because of the company or your interest in the career. If it is both, write about both. :)

Guest a_dreamer143

hey i cant fill out the application cuz the comp that im using does not have the new office word, is there any way i can open it up and fill it out?

Guest xAnimeLuver19x

if i knoe i can't make it by at mostt...3?? then should i still e-mail in an application?? or should i just register there and get my number?? ^^;;

ahh~~ kinda worried now. haha but still excited =P

good luck to everyone going =)

Guest ☆everlasting★

i hav a question.. wat if im not sure with wat song im gonna be singing, r we allowed to change the song when we walk in , or when we actually facing the judges?

and .. how do we fill the eyesight.. like 1.2 1.3 0.9 stuff?

Guest Sam-chan

^ Actually yeah, I had a question about the eye sight portion too. Should I just write in the numbers written on the prescription my doctor gave me?

Guest love=music=life

hey i cant fill out the application cuz the comp that im using does not have the new office word, is there any way i can open it up and fill it out?

Try finding someone who has the program or visit your local library. I don't know any other way for your to email the application.

if i knoe i can't make it by at mostt...3?? then should i still e-mail in an application?? or should i just register there and get my number?? ^^;;

I'm guessing that you are speaking of the NY audition? Then yes, if you can't make it by 3pm feel free to walk-in and fill out the application then.

i hav a question.. wat if im not sure with wat song im gonna be singing, r we allowed to change the song when we walk in , or when we actually facing the judges?

Yes, you can change your song choice the day of the audition.

and NOTE: the staff members are not the "judges" they are just collecting footage to take back to Korea to be judged there.

^ Actually yeah, I had a question about the eye sight portion too. Should I just write in the numbers written on the prescription my doctor gave me?

As for eyesight, write whatever numbers you know. Most likely that information will not be so important until you are accepted into the company.

Guest boiiink

I have a question.

I know this question might be obvious but I was wondering if it's appropriate to show up at the auditions in sweats, or loose pants. I mean I can't dance in tight clothes and I dance better in loose pants and sweats because it shows more of my dance movements.

So yea, and my cousin was wondering if it's would be appropriate to wear shorts? ( I'm sure it'll be cold):unsure:

lol. She says she can dance in her shorts and I told her not to dance in skinny jeans for sure. So yea. :blush:

Guest love=music=life

I have a question.

I know this question might be obvious but I was wondering if it's appropriate to show up at the auditions in sweats, or loose pants. I mean I can't dance in tight clothes and I dance better in loose pants and sweats because it shows more of my dance movements.

So yea, and my cousin was wondering if it's would be appropriate to wear shorts? ( I'm sure it'll be cold):unsure:

lol. She says she can dance in her shorts and I told her not to dance in skinny jeans for sure. So yea. :blush:

Wear whatever is most comfortable for you. So if that is sweats, then that's fine :)

Guest a_dreamer143

I have a question.

this is jus my opinion..but i think that if ur more comfortable with those clothes then go for it :] some people can dance with their skinny jeans and some cant so its really jus up 2 the person ;] but i would think its ok :D

and for the shorts i guessas long as its not superrrrrrr short u know lol

Archived