[official] The Jyp Tour Auditions 2009

Guest love=music=life

Guest love=music=life

Los Angeles [3/7] & New York [3/14]
*** NOTE: NOT ALL OF THIS INFORMATION IS APPLICABLE TO FUTURE JYPE AUDITIONS ***

*** Latest Update on Feb. 10, 2009 @ 7:51PM***

Read all information in this first post before asking any questions!

forumjl3.jpg

CLICK ON THE FLYER ABOVE TO DIRECT YOU TO THE AUDITION WEBSITE

* Open the website on Internet Explorer

For those of you who do not have Internet Explorer:

Official Website Screencap: HERE

Official Application DL links on Sendspace:

English/Korean Application

OR English/Chinese Application

Videos:

- JYP talking about the upcoming concert and audition:

- Wonder Girls talking about the upcoming concert and audition: Wonder Girls on Youtube

Some of you might remember me from last year...

Anyways, I am once again working with JYPE's Artist Training and Development Team in publicizing the upcoming JYP Tour auditions in Los Angeles.

If you have any questions, I will try my best to get you answers directly from the team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update Feb. 9, 2009 6:45PM PST

READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS:

Hello everyone!

The locations dates and times for the Los Angeles and March auditions have been set and are posted on the main JYP Tour Auditions Website.

Which reminds me, the JYP Tour audition website has been set up. Click on the flyer on the first post to be directed to the website.

Unforunately the website is Internet Explorer compatible ONLY, therefore I have included a link to view a screencap of the website and also Sendspace links to download the application.

There are 2 different applications: KOR/ENG and CHI/ENG. If you are neither Korean or Chinese you may fill out any of the 2 applications.

As of now all information that was given to me has been given to you however if there are any updates, I will let you all know as soon as I recieve them.

Please take the time to read through the ENTIRE 1st post before asking any questions

Most likely your question will have been answered in the FAQ portion.

ALSO please do NOT PM me your questions because it's difficult answering all of your questions individually...

For those of you who have been helping me answer the repetative questions, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Don't forget to email in your application to usaaudition@jype.com by the day before your audition.

ALSO, please RSVP at either FACEBOOK and/or MYSPACE.

Thank You!

ChloeJN

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update Feb. 10, 2009 7:51PM PST

READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS:

Just added:

Videos:

- JYP talking about the upcoming concert and audition:

- Wonder Girls talking about the upcoming concert and audition: Wonder Girls on Youtube

Frequently Asked Questions:

Regarding the Applications/Applying:

Q: What category do rappers audition for?

A: You will audition for the singer category.

Q: Do I need to provide a profile picture?

A: No, they will be video recording all performances, so no pictures will be required. However, if you are auditioning for the Modeling category, you may bring in your portfolio if you wish, it is not required though…

Q: Do I have to live in the respective cities to audition?

A: No, you do not need to be a “local” to audition. Therefore, you may fly in from another state to audition, it doesn’t matter, as long as you are there for the audition.

Q: Nationality?

A: This is best explained by example… My nationality is Korean American because my ethnicity is Korean but I am a US citizen.

Q: If I want to audition for both singing and dancing, how will I write that on the application?

A: I will provide a sample application once the applications are released to help answer that question.

Q: I want to apply to be a composer or lyricist but there is no category for that…

A: Your only option is to go through with a normal JYP audition in which you can either mail in your submission or email it to them. For more information go to the Auditioning in General Thread.

Q: I sent in my application but I decided to change the song I was going to audition with, what do I do?

A: Don’t worry about it. The emailed application is simply to get a head count of how many people are going to show up and for them to have a digital copy of all the applicants info.

Q: What do I write for the Experience portion of the application?

A: Anything from instruments played to teams/groups you’ve been in to art academies you’ve attended, etc

Q: What if you don’t know your measurements? (height, weight, etc.)

A: Estimate or leave the section blank.

Q: For the eyesight portion, is it asking for my eyesight with or without my glasses/contacts?

A: Without glasses/contacts

Q: I don’t have a Korean name… What do I write in the Korean Name space?

A: Either leave it blank, or if you have a Chinese name you may write that in the space.

Q: Position vs. Participation City?

A: An example would be Position: Singer and Participation City: LA

Q: Participation Motivation?

A: Write why you are auditioning…

Q: Is there an age limit?

A: You must be born between 1999 to 1982 (i.e, 9 to 27), however if you younger than 14 years old you need parental permission.

Q: If I’m younger than 14 do my parents have to be at the audition?

A: No, you just need there permission.

Regarding Preparation:

Q: Do I have to bring my own music?

A: For dancers, you are asked to bring your own music however, you are not required to. If you don’t have your own music, they will have dance music ready. For models, they will have music for you to walk to.

Q: Will I be able to bring an instrumental? Will there be mics?

A: No, all singers will be required to audition a’cappella (without music) and there will be NO mics.

Q: I don’t feel comfortable singing a’cappella…

A: Only solution is to get a friend to beatbox for you…

Q: I want to rap and sing… Will I be able to do both?

A: You might not be given the opportunity to do both so I suggest you pick a song that has both rap and singing parts.

Q: Can I sing in a different language?

A: Yes, you may sing in whatever language.

Q: How much time will I be given to perform?

A: It will depend on the staff members… It can range from 1 minute to them asking you for more than you prepared. I suggest preparing as much as you can.

Q: What should I wear?

A: Whatever suits YOU best. Just wear something that is YOUR style. Casual or formal, it doesn’t matter. Whatever you are comfortable in. (I.e., GIRLS if you don’t know how to walk in heels, please don’t wear them, because you can tell when a girl knows how to walk in heels or not…)

Q: If I am auditioning for the MC/VJ category, what am I suppose to prepare?

A: Just some typical MC dialog, like introducing a song or introducing a certain artist, etc..

Q: If I am audition for the Modeling category, what will I be asked to do?

A: On the day of the audition, you will be asked to walk to some music and to show several poses (as if taking a picture)

Q: Can I sing my own original song?

A: Yes, you can sing another singers song or you may sing your own.

Q: Do I have to choreograph my dance routine?

A: No, you can copy someone else’s choreography, you can freestyle, it doesn’t matter.

Regarding the Audition:

Q: Where are the auditions being held? Any more cities?

A: This year thy will be holding the auditions in Los Angeles and New York. Specific times and locations are available on their main website.

Q: Will JYP (Park Jin Young) be at the auditions?

A: No, the auditions will be run by the JYPE Artist Training and Development Team.

Q: Are the people running the auditions judges?

A: No, well not really. The people running the auditions are there simply to record all the auditioners and take the footage with them to Korea. There the footage will be evaluated by the rest of the JYP Casting Team (which includes JYP himself).

Q: Can I audition for more than one category?

A: Yes, BUT they might only allow you to audition for one. It will depend on the turn out on the day of the audition and the amount of time they rented out the location for…

Q: Can I audition with someone?

A: Yes, you do not have to audition alone. Also, the people you are auditioning with don’t necessarily have to audition.

Q: Is there a rhythm test?

A: No (refer to next question)

Q: I heard they made some people auditioning for a certain category, for say like modeling or acting, were asked to sing/dance?

A: After your performance, the staff members may ask you to try a different category if they wish to see more from you.

Q: Do they prefer singers to dancers?

A: No, there is no favoritism for any specific category

Q: What time will the auditions end?

A: It will depend on the number for auditioners on the day of the audition. For LA, at the latest 3pm.

Q: How many people will be in the auditioning room?

A: It will depend on the location that the audition will take place in. Last year in NY, they did a few people at a time in a private room. However in LA, they did it with 200 people in a room with a small stage in which you had to perform in front of everybody. So, you will find out the day of the auditions.

Q: Will the staff members ask questions?

A: They may or may not. If they do, just be yourself and be honest.. :)

Q: If auditioning in a group will we be given more time?

A: Not necessarily.

Q: I can’t make it at the beginning of the auditions, will I be able to audition if I come later?

A: Yes

Q: Will we all be required to stay till the end of the auditions?

A: No, only if you are asked to by the staff members.

Q: Will the people working the auditions be able to speak English?

A: Yes, most of the workers will be Korean speakers however, I’m more comfortable with English so just find me :) I’m tall…

Q: Will my friends/family be able to watch my audition?

A: No, it will be a closed audition

Regarding the Results:

Q: Will there be a 2nd round?

A: No, the day of the audition will be the one and only “round”. Last year, those we wished to see more of were asked (privately) to stay until the end of the auditions to be filmed doing all categories. However, just because you were not asked to stay doesn’t mean you didn’t make it… don’t worry.

Q: When will they announce who gets accepted?

A: All accepted trainees will be contacted privately after all footage evaluations are made by the JYP Casting Team in Korea. So nothing will be announced the day of the audition.

Q: How many people are they going to accept?

A: There is no set number, therefore, they might not pick a single person…

Q: What happens if you are accepted?... (moving to Korea? when will you debut?... etc

A: You will be given the opportunity to participate in the specialized training system of JYP Entertainment as a trainee. All specific information will be given specifically to the accepted applicant.

Tips Specifically for the JYP Tour Auditions:

1. Bring a copy of the application to the auditions so that you don’t have to fill one out on the day of the audition. It will save both you and the staff a lot of time.

2. Stay near where numbers are being called because if you miss your number you’re going to have to wait a bit to get in. Also, the staff members may or may not have a microphones so it may be difficult to hear your number if you are not nearby.

3. Test out your CD on a regular CD player of some sort to make sure that it works.

4. Be ready to wait for a long period of time. Last year LA had a 400+ turn out and the wait was LONG. I suggest bringing a bottle of water or even a sac lunch to eat while waiting so that you don’t have to leave the site of the audition and to keep you pumped up and energized… you don’t want to burn out before you even get a chance to perform.

5. Be OVER-prepared. It can’t hurt…

6. Do some vocal warm-ups and stretching to relax your muscles. If you don’t know how to do vocal warm-ups try going to THIS WEBSITE so some simple female and male vocal warm-ups

7. Get enough sleep the night before!

8. Go to the Auditioning in General thread for a list of tips for auditioning in general :) at the bottom of the first post.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest love=music=life

Will JYP has audtion 2009 in another country such as asia???

^ or even Canada!!!?!!! T_T

Please refer to the first question under Frequently Asked Questions: Regarding the Auditions in the first post.

Thanks,

ChloeJN

As of now, all I know is that the LA auditions are tentatively scheduled to be held on Saturday, March 7th.

omg every time i hope they dont hold it on a date they hold it on that date. i hope they change it or smth. i was gonna go to disneylanddd. plus i dont want to tell them that i'ma be 17. its my b-day and i feel old T_T

Guest emjaewhy

Wow, thanks a lot!

This will be really helpful to many people.

I appreciate this! It's sad that you can't get any New York information, but thanks! This is great. :)

Guest DragonAngelKya

omg every time i hope they dont hold it on a date they hold it on that date. i hope they change it or smth. i was gonna go to disneylanddd. plus i dont want to tell them that i'ma be 17. its my b-day and i feel old T_T

lol, I'm 19 and turning 20 this year, time flies so fast. :P

Anywho, I'm looking forward to any information on the auditions, so thank you in advance. :D

Guest Sam-chan

Yay! I'm looking forward to when they offically announce the cities (I'm hoping Chicago too!) Thanks for the information it's very helpful and nice of you! But JYPE accepts all Asians right? Not just Koreans? Sorry I'm not sure ^_^

Guest love=music=life

Yay! I'm looking forward to when they offically announce the cities (I'm hoping Chicago too!) Thanks for the information it's very helpful and nice of you! But JYPE accepts all Asians right? Not just Koreans? Sorry I'm not sure ^_^

Yes, JYP accepts all races, however they usually target Asians...

- ChloeJN

thank you so much

i have been waiting so long for this

i am very thankful in every way..

you are sure though right?? that jyp is having auditions

this year of 2009..sorry for asking again lol..

i really want to thank you so much..

im going to work even harder now that i know

there are going to be auditions this year..thank you

Guest love=music=life

thank you so much

i have been waiting so long for this

i am very thankful in every way..

you are sure though right?? that jyp is having auditions

this year of 2009..sorry for asking again lol..

i really want to thank you so much..

im going to work even harder now that i know

there are going to be auditions this year..thank you

Yes I am sure. At least for the Los Angeles auditions I am SURE.

The date however hasn't been finalized yet...

- ChloeJN

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

HI CHLOE!!!

:DDD

yay you're helping again this year

sadly i don't think i'll be able to attend

this yea is my junior year in highschool

and my mom is going SUPER SAINE on the SAT's

TT^TT

maybe next year though

- ChloeJN

okay then thank you once again :]

Guest NobodyButYou

Questions! (I wrote it in the unofficial thread, so I'll just repost them here)

1. I live in Canada. This year, are they going to just NY and LA?

2. If I can somehow get to the auditions, I have many categories to audition for (I can sing, dance, and act). Do they have time for me to audition for all of them?

3. Can you audition anytime? (eg send in the application any time of year)

4. Do you have to register online? Or do you just walk in and hand them your application?

5. When they say the training is hard, what do you mean? You train often and hard?

6. Is it a good choice to sing a song from JYP's artists? (eg wonder girls, Joo, etc)

7. When you're a trainee, how exactly do you train? Do you learn do things that have already been performed? Or do they teach you new choreography and stuff?

8. What does the application look like? Where can I print it off?

9. Does the choreography for the dance audition have to be your own? Or can you take choreography from a different artist's performance?

10. If you're picked from the audition, would it be more likely that you'd be debuted in a band or as a solo artist?

Thanks and, if any of these questions have been asked, I'm really sorry! :sweatingbullets:

Guest a_dreamer143

- ChloeJN

hello :] i jus wanted to ask, i know they said they accept all races, preferably asians[i know they have, taiwanese,chinese,thai and korean trainees] but would it be ok if its southeast asian?

hello :] i jus wanted to ask, i know they said they accept all races, preferably asians[i know they have, taiwanese,chinese,thai and korean trainees] but would it be ok if its southeast asian?

they accept all type of asians

it just depends on your passion for it..haha

so wat are you

Guest love=music=life

Yes

If you're auditioning for Singing how long should you sing? Like 1verse+chorus or just chorus?

As much as you can manage to memorize :)

As I always say, it's better to be overprepared then under prepared...

- ChloeJN

Archived