[official] The Jyp Tour Auditions 2009

Guest love=music=life

Guest Melody93

Go to the JYPE website, ( http://www.jype.com )

and click on audition.

Then download the application form and send it to the following address if you're mailing,

The address is

Seoul Yeongdong Post Office P.O Box 25,

Nonhyeon-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea, 135-660.

And address it to the Artist Training Team

so it should be something like this

Artist Training Team,

Seoul Yeongdong Post Office P.O Box 25,

Nonhyeon-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea. 135-660

The email to send your auditions is audition@jype.com

And what do you mean by JYP audition form or global?

Auditioners have to include a clip or urself doing only one category (singing/rapping or dancing or modeling or acting)

***AND**** you have to include

~Close up or Whole body shot ( I advise you send maybe 2 or 3 pictures)

Please Note : You are NOT allowed to photoshop your pictures. and avoid sending pictures which are really small.

~The song has to be 1 - 2 minutes long, and make sure to write your name on the CD along with the title of your song if you're auditioning by mail

~Required file format .mp3 OR .wma OR .wav

~And YES you have to sing Acapella(which means no music, nothing. Just your vocals)

~and JYPE will ONLY contact those who are selected within 2 weeks of receiving email

~High Definition videos are required

~Handset and Voice recorders are allowed for recording but no karaoke recording

and about dancing and acting and modeling, it doesnt say anything there. so idk about those, guess they're more singers auditioning than the rests.

credits: JYPE website

PLEASE NOTE: I DID NOT MAKE ALL THESE UP. THESE INFORMATIONS WERE FOUND AT THE AUDITION SECTION ( The application form, it comes along with a .pdf file, and these details I got are from that file)

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest inspiring.icecream

Can someone confirm if they are holding e-mail auditions?

Did anyone who did an email audition actually get a reply? (Which isn't automated?)

Because I know that some companies don't even bother to check their email.

Guest Melody93

You can mail/email your demo tape anywhere anytime anyday.

They said that they'll reply after two weeks IF they're interested.

and they're having in person auditions every 1st and 3rd week at Seoul.

• 1 month later...
Guest chuubasa

No you dont. If you check the website (http://www.jype.com/audition01.html).... It said everyone regardless of nationality or gender. lol Im not sure why the gender part is there but yea xD. Everyone is more than welcome to participate.

Do you have to be asian to participate? TT_TT -FML-

LMAO. >_>;

^ Just yesterday it said "Any asian regardless of ___________" LOLLL I noticed that and I was like wow... poor non-asians. But they changed it I guess o.o

Anyways I heard the past few JYP auditions were hectic and unorganized, and things were rushed. People barely got to do what they wanted to, they were rushed through their auditions. So get there early and hopefully not be rushed!

Guest ~sexxy mii~

You don't have to be asian. I sent a email to JYP and asked if non-asians could audition (being i'm mixed myself) and they said that ANYBODY can audition. That you dont HAVE TO BE asian.

It seems everyone is confused about this because some say that you do and some say that you dont.

Well, you just found the answer! ^_^ So go for it~!

Hope that helped~~ ♥

• 1 month later...
Guest malfunktion

I'm not sure if this question has been answered already. But do you need to bring ID? proof of age/citizenship?

I auditioned for SM Town a few years ago and they didn't ask me for one. But since it's a different company, I'm not sure so sure.

Guest angel_cutie

the application they told you to fill out already kinda said right? xD

if you're under 14 you need parents permison

but i guess some people get get away with that =P

PS plus~ if you do get accepted,you'd need your parents permission anyways lol

Guest malfunktion

I don't know if I'm blind or what but I looked through the application form and didn't see anything that mentions bringing a piece of identification or whatever.. at least not directly. I'm over 14 so I'm not worried about getting my parent's permission.

I just want to know for sure if they are going to check for ID or not before I end up going there and not being able to do anything 'cause yeah.. I don't have any ID to show them whatsoever >>.. yea.. sucks..

• 1 month later...
Guest noquiero

Sorry to dig this up again, but did anyone do MC auditions? How were they and what'd you do? I'm thinking about doing them next year. I'm hoping JYP would like my comedy mc kind of stuff (like Boom).

Guest kimchipoot

I was just curious about what JYPE does with all the audition tapes. Do they only keep the audition tapes of the people who were accepted into the company so that they can show the public how they were before they debut? Or do they keep all of the tapes no matter what? It would seem strange of them to keep all of the tapes since there are so many people auditioning all the time. I was just wondering.

Archived