Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

Guest miniejungle

is it me or the bride looks worse after her wedding? i thought with the wedding glow and baby glow she should be looking her best? :unsure:

i don't like what she wears... DG looks dashing as ever but... i think i shd just keep the opinion to myself... :)

Guest ruffluv

is it me or the bride looks worse after her wedding? i thought with the wedding glow and baby glow she should be looking her best? :unsure:

i don't like what she wears... DG looks dashing as ever but... i think i shd just keep the opinion to myself... :)

this time i completely agree with you, minie....what on earth does she think she's wearing?? That's something Wondergirls or SNSD should be wearing, not her!!! and she looks older, it's like DG's walking with his elder sister or something! Do me a favor, DG....next time if you wanna come to these kind of functions, just come alone, pleasee! :D. But gotta love DG's coat....he's always a good dresser....maybe he should teach his wife how to dress properly...

17051.jpg

17052c.jpg

170505.jpg

17053o.jpg

170504.jpg

170515.jpg

170517.jpg

170506c.jpg

170507.jpg

170508.jpg

170509.jpg

170510.jpg

170514.jpg

170511.jpg

170513.jpg

source: on pix

credits: Yahoo Korea, DG@ Baidu

Guest valley girl

yay.. i am so happy seeing them together..

i like this..

[PHOTO] Jang Dong-gun, wife arrive at "Desperado" screening

2010051723241377738_1.jpg

anyway who are playing @ this movie??

cred asiae

Guest TY_KSW

totally your eyes right!

i thought same!

not to mention that style is not quite suitable for an aged pregnant woman!

I doubted her fashion taste...

not as elegant as they are saying ;)

Remember the Brown Eyed Girls and 4minute World Cup song from last week? Well, it seems they were only a small part of the big picture as SK Telecom has released a video featuring many of Korea’s top stars.

This video features Rain, Brown Eyed Girls, Psy, Jang Dong Gun and more. The song featured is titled Once More, Korea and everyone is hyped up with World Cup fever. The song is a Korean remake of the classic Village People song, Go West and supposedly composed by the Pet Shop Boys. The video can also be found at T Cafe/. Thanks to BEGISLOVE for the tip and check out the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDXUJzUtOSU...player_embedded

May 20, 2010

Stars no longer shy about premarital sex

But what effect is it having on teens?

19194020.jpg

Koreans have long lived under the influence of Confucianism, especially where relations between men and women are concerned. As recently as a couple of decades ago, parents educated their children using the Confucian idea that “a boy and a girl should not sit together after they have reached the age of seven.”

Today, however, the once strictly conservative country is becoming more open-minded about premarital sex. And premarital pregnancy is more often regarded as a social phenomenon rather than a social problem. These days, when a celebrity couple announces they are getting married but admits they are already pregnant, the response they receive from the public is no longer negative and is even trending toward the positive.

But people who work with teenagers are growing increasingly concerned about the potential negative effects of the trend on young people, many of whom want to become celebrities themselves.

According to a survey done by a Web portal for children hosted by Daum Communications (http://kids.daum.net) in March, one in every two students surveyed replied they wanted to become a celebrity in the future.

Jang Dong-gun and Ko So-young are just two in a recent line of celebrities who have married and announced premarital pregnancies. When Jang and Ko married earlier this month, Ko was already five months pregnant. Then there’s Yang Hyun-suk, CEO of YG Entertainment, and Lee Eun-joo, a member of the defunct girl group Swi.T. who is 12 years younger than Yang. Lee recently announced she was four months pregnant and the couple is planning to get married. Meanwhile, the singer Tablo and actress Kang Hye-jung got married last October, but already had a baby on the way. And former S.E.S. member Shoo and basketball player Im Hyo-sung tied the knot in April after announcing Shoo was pregnant. The couple even went on their honeymoon before they were wed.

“Of course no one can point the finger at a celebrity who gets pregnant before marriage. But the social atmosphere in which it is regarded as no big deal is worthy of notice,” said Lee Ji-hwan, 35, head of the Horeb Odaesan Youth Camp Center, a nonprofit organization that programs camps for schools. “And as more and more celebrities announce their premarital pregnancies in a frank manner, it gives teenagers the wrong idea that premarital pregnancy is not a big deal or even that not having a sexual relationship with your boyfriend or a girlfriend is cowardly.”

Kim Hee-seok, a missionary who leads a youth service at Cheongdam Presbyterian Church, would agree. He sees the phenomenon as potentially problematic for teens, whom he believes have not yet formed their own ideas about love and sex. To address the problem, he organized a sex education day for his students.

“About a month ago, one of the students came up to me and said that she could not understand why the church emphasizes the importance of keeping your virginity before marriage,” Kim said. “I believe celebrities are the role models for teenagers today. And naturally, they imitate their role models - both consciously and unconsciously. That’s where the problem starts. Teenagers are at the stage where it’s hard to have healthy ideas about what’s right or wrong. Therefore, the effect of celebrities’ frequent revelations of premarital pregnancy is absolute and fatal.”

By Yim Seung-hye Contributing writer [estyle@joongang.co.kr]

Credit : JoongAngDaily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2920671

Guest ruffluv

May 20, 2010

Stars no longer shy about premarital sex

But what effect is it having on teens?

Today, however, the once strictly conservative country is becoming more open-minded about premarital sex. And premarital pregnancy is more often regarded as a social phenomenon rather than a social problem. These days, when a celebrity couple announces they are getting married but admits they are already pregnant, the response they receive from the public is no longer negative and is even trending toward the positive.

Thanx will for this great article and i absolutely agree with its content. DG is a wise man but i can't believe he let this happened and somehow tarnished his 18 years clean reputation since his debut. I know that both of them have strong desires to become parents, DG even said in the Park Jung Hoon Show that he wanted a child more than anything else, but couldn't they wait until after they are married which was only a few months away? Or is KSY really that tempting??? :unsure: ...oh wellz, things happened and it's irreversable, and it's not against his religion....and he's a very happy man now, so i'll just let bygones be bygones. At least he's more human in my eyes now....less perfect. One thing for sure, they really love their baby and the little kiddo will be showered with so much love and care. Lucky baby! ;)

Guest TY_KSW

what the heck is she wearing? she looks old, but which part of the world she got that, she should at least know what's good on her even her dresser gave it to her to wear....

oh boy! but dang how lucky she is no?

last time i saw her as an elegant ladies <_<

but seem she turned her taste into Posh spice these days... her dress in the wed was not appreciated too..

i got surprised last few months when they both came home from Hawaii, oop, she looked quite alilke Posh with whole accessories on whole body..

Our man is unchange, still simply and suave as usual... Thanks God for that :lol:

what the heck is she wearing? she looks old, but which part of the world she got that, she should at least know what's good on her even her dresser gave it to her to wear....

oh boy! but dang how lucky she is no?

It's completely awful. Don't know what went through her mind when she put on that mess.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest phoiphoi

oh he's the guy from all about eve, he's married now!? he looks really happy with his wife. best wishes to them :D

June 8, 2010

Mrs. Jang Dong Gun

Public interest in the newly married couple is still strong (I dont think it will die at all). Photo of Ko So-Young wandering somewhere near Hongik University is making its round in the internet. She is seen with a bodyguard (?) looking at accessories and eating ice-cream but what interest the public more is her slenderness. For someone who is 6months (?) pregnant, still no sign yet of her pregnant stomach.

yo … you cannot hide behind that huge white-framed shades. It gives you away.

jangko.jpg

jangko2.jpg

Credit : KoreanDiorama'sBlog

Guest ruffluv

pictures of DG in Laos for a UN World Food Programme activities in March 2010

jdglaosweb1d.jpg

Jang Dong Gun talks with children involved with a campaign to spread awareness about unexploded munitions, a major hazard in Laos where the government estimates they have caused over 655 injuries and 279 deaths over the past 30 years. Over a fifth of the accidents were farming-related and over half of the victims were children.

jdglaosweb2.jpg

Small children are particularly vulnerable in times of crisis. Chronic malnutrition rates in Laos are already at 50% in rural areas.

jdglaosweb3.jpg

One bag contains 30kg of rice, enough to feed an adult for nearly two months. With their immediate food needs taken care of, families can focus on rebuilding their lives.

jdglaosweb4.jpg

To date, WFP has distributed close to 3,000 metric tons of rice to victims of Typhoon Ketsana. More than 135,000 people received food aid in the first three months following the disaster.

jdglaosweb5.jpg

Jang Dong Gun meets Noi (left), a young girl whose family's rice crop was washed away by the typhoon. Her father is often away from the village in search of work, leaving her to look after her two younger brothers.

jdglaosweb6.jpg

South Korean movie star Jang Dong Gun (center) recently visited Ban Houayhoy, a village in Laos that lost much of its rice crop last September to floods brought on by Typhoon Ketsana. WFP is making sure that the villagers have enough to eat until their next harvest in October.

source: http://www.wfp.org

credits: DG@Baidu bar

DG attending Kim Seung Woo & Kwon Sang Woos' movie VIP preview yesterday (080610)

76be4ead394d458d47259f2.jpg

53824975201006091411103.jpg

a bit chubby...must be leading a happy life... :)

credits: DG@Baidu bar

June 9, 2010

WFP unveils photos of Jang Dong-gun in Laos

Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok Editor : Lucia Hong

2010060915180085803_1.jpg

Korean actor Jang Dong-gun and local children of Laos [WFP/photographed by Toru Tokota]

Photographs of Korean actor Jang Dong-gun visiting Laos in March were unveiled today.

The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) on its official website revealed pictures of Jang, the goodwill ambassador for the WFP, of when he was in Laos three months ago to shoot a promotional antipoverty documentary.

The documentary features Jang visiting local schools in the country to provide free meals for its students -- their province was hit by a typhoon last September causing a flood to ruin the country's crops. The photos showed the actor meeting and talking with the local children, transporting food to the area and fulfilling other duties.

Jang, considered one of Korea's most popular actors, has starred in numerous television dramas such as "All About Eve" and movies including "Friend," "TaeGukGi: Brotherhood Of War" and "Typhoon."

He is currently working on filming for war film "My Way" alongside Korean actress Son Ye-jin. Just last month, he made headlines for marrying Korean actress Ko So-young, his co-star in 1999 film "Love Wind, Love Song."

2010060915180085803_2.jpg

Korean actor Jang Dong-gun playing with the children of Laos [WFP/photographed by Toru Tokota]

2010060915180085803_3.jpg

Korean actor Jang Dong-gun providing food for the people of Laos [WFP/photographed by Toru Tokota]

2010060915180085803_4.jpg

Korean actor Jang Dong-gun carrying a sack of rice [WFP/photographed by Toru Tokota]

2010060915180085803_5.jpg

Korean actor Jang Dong-gun playing with a local child [WFP/photographed by Toru Tokota]

2010060915180085803_6.jpg

Korean actor Jang Dong-gun talking with local children [WFP/photographed by Toru Tokota]

Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok kave@ Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@ <ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved> 10.asiae.co.kr

Jang Dong-gun's 6 months pregnant wife spotted

2010060915485527241_1.jpg

Korean actress Ko So-young, six months pregnant with her husband actor Jang Dong-gun's baby, was spotted in the streets of Seoul last week, according to cable entertainment channel Y-Star on Wednesday.

Y-Star released photographs it had snapped last Friday of Ko, leaving a studio after a commercial shoot in the Hongik University area which is known for its various independent and underground culture.

The actress proved to be the fashionista she is even as a pregnant mom, styling a short denim jumpsuit with white oversized sunglasses and a big bag, but strolling in sneakers in consideration for her pregnancy.

Ko, who made her debut in the KBS series "Tomorrow's Love" alongside Hallyu star Lee Byung-hun in 1992, has appeared in numerous dramas and movies, rising to stardom after her role in the 1997 movie "Beat."

She made headlines last month when she married Korean actor Jang Dong-gun, also her co-star from 1999 movie "Love Wind, Love Song."

The newlyweds returned from their honeymoon in Bali last month.

Reporter: Cho Bum-ja anju1015@

Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...060915485527241

*** Wahhh..........JDG is gorgeous on that casual attire just like my KSW. :lol::D

********************************************************************************

Big Bang, 2NE1, BoA and Jang Dong Gun spotted at 71-Into the Fire premiere

Yesterday, we reported about the movie premiere of 71-Into the Fire starring Kwon Sang Woo, Cha Seung Won, Kim Seung Woo, Big Bang’s T.O.P. and many more.

Other than the many stars who attended, there were some like Big Bang, 2NE1, Jang Dong Gun and BoA who were also there but had evaded the press photographers lying in wait outside the cinema doors.

Check out the belated press pictures and video.

20100609_71_1-113x113.jpg20100609_71_7-113x113.jpg20100609_71_6-113x113.jpg

Source : allkpop

June 9, 2010

WFP unveils photos of Jang Dong-gun in Laos

Reporter : Ko Kyoung-seok Editor : Lucia Hong

Photographs of Korean actor Jang Dong-gun visiting Laos in March were unveiled today.

Thank you for this. It's so great to see pictures of him actually doing work instead of just posing with the children.

*** I like this man, he's so kind - beautiful inside & outside. It's so nice to see it helping hungry people. It's really cool - those photos are simply sweet! He'll be a good role model. It's so rare to find a celebrity doing this often. Bless you, JDG! I know this isn't the 1st because he had done similar works of this before. It's great to do good deeds like this - so touching. :lol:

Jang Dong Gun helps the hungry in Laos

20100609_jangdonggun5-460x306.jpg

The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) recently posted photos of top Korean actor Jang Dong Gun helping the hungry in Laos.

The Korean International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) and Korean MOFAT donated $400,000 while Jang Dong Gun visited Ban Houayhoy, one of the villages in Laos that was devastated by Typhoon Ketsana and lost most of it’s rice crop. Jang Dong Gun visited the schools where he met with the students, he also helped transport food to the village.

It’s great to see more and more celebrities doing these type of things. Thanks to Lyn for the tip and check out the photos below.

20100609_jangdonggun1-113x113.jpg20100609_jangdonggun4-113x113.jpg20100609_jangdonggun6-113x113.jpg

Source : allkpop