Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

1 hour ago, Annelyse Court said:

Thank you very much Ephoenix

for this translation :heartxoxo: 

I enjoy discovering all the lyrics of LBH I was so frustrated, when I watched online the masterclass, to be able to understand only a few snippets of the conversation.  My heart tightens every time he talks about Cinema Paradiso and his father (I too had the pleasure of seeing him with my parents at the cinema when he came out in the 80s and I keep a precious memory of it.)
The atmosphere at this event seemed really amazing and I hope Lee Byung-hun will keep a warm memory of her trip to Italy. In any case his fans are not ready to forget his presence, I hope to have the chance to live such a meeting one day. 

you're welcome @Annelyse Court ❤️ 

It's the same for me, too. I cannot help but tear up with every mention of his father and his memories with him. You can only imagine how much he misses him. 😢 I've noticed that he talks about his father whenever he reaches this new milestone in his life as an actor. Be it his hand-foot printing at the Chinese theater, his big interview for the opening of 'LBH Theater', his Stanford University conference, his big public appearance in Yoo Quiz, and now here at Florence Korea Film Festival- Masterclass event. I feel like there are many times before too.....and I am starting to believe it's his own way of paying homage to his father, and his neverending fondness for movies. By keeping him in spirits and bringing his father's memories in every place he's reached as an actor, in places where his father physically couldn't. If we think even from our own perspective, it gives the sense of feeling that his father was there with him that day, too. It's so beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time. 😭 

I agree with you! Everything about this event has been nothing but wonderful. Enthusiastic audiences and their loud cheers and love for him, which he mentioned took him by surprise as well. Especially with the amount of people cheering him as Dongseok and Mr. Sunshine. Gotta give kudos to his interpreter partner too, as it seem she did a fantastic job to convey his messages and jokes to the audiences in all it's essence. The fact that his son was in the audience during Masqueade screening laughing along with the audiences, and his beautiful wife supporting him there makes it all the more precious. Even LMJ seemed very pleased and I am very happy for her. I hope more of these beautiful times comes to this family in the future. And I hope you'd get to live moments like those fans one day too. For all of us, actually! 😃 because that is what we want!🤌😁

• Like 3
  • Love 1

March 29, 2024 

LBH at the 22nd Florence Korea Film Festival Final highlights 

Congratulations, Lee Byung-hun!! Honorary citizenship of Florence, and the winner of Best Actor Award at the 22nd Florence Korea Film Festival. 👏 

april_2024-03-29-12-18-10-151.jpg

Pic: LBH’s Instagram 

LBH was presented with an honorary citizenship of Florence, Italy. The award is called “Chiavi della Citta” award, which is translated as “The Key of the City.”, and was given to him as an acknowledgement for his achievements and contribution to the film industry as one of South Korea’s leading actors. 👏 

april_2024-03-29-12-16-48-474.jpg

Pic: LBH’s Instagram 

LBH greeting the audiences after the screening of his movie Masquerade. He also received Best Actor Award at the event. From the stories shared by the audience, baby Joon Hoo also attended the screening. He was enjoying and having a laugh along with the audiences. Apparently the only movie of his father's that he's watched from beginning to the end. And later watched his Appa having his precious moment on stage. I wonder how far he understands now about the profession of his parents.

april_2024-03-29-13-10-42-999.jpg

LBH also shared a funny anecdote during his conference interview that his son was surprised seeing him all dressed up early in the morning. He said JH asked him why he is dressed like a gentleman, haha. He must have been so used to the Joha personality of LBH at home, always in shorts and watching movies lying on the floor, lol. Since celebrities always change into their outfits at the designated location, this could be one of few times he’s seen him leave like that. Whatever it maybe, his innocent reactions and curiosity are always so adorable and he sounds like such a kind young gentleman. Also, for the fact that he has acquired his father’s dad jokes skills already. 😂 

Since Joon Hoo attended the screening event of Masquerade, we need a 2024 version of this 2 year old Joon Hoo watching his father now at the age of 10. (korean age) Please, LMJ! 🙏

Spoiler
0000598616_001_20171011104850185.jpg?type=w430
Spoiler
AKR20240329006400109_04_i_P4_20240329060105543.jpg?type=w430
Spoiler

Screenshot_20240329_131240_Instagram.jpg

The 8th day of fhe FKFF24 dedicated to Actor Lee Byung-hun. Highlight video from FKFF IG:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5F5LfXC8tr/?igsh=cGE2aWtuYmcwNmhm

Lastly, here are the available links to conference interview and Masterclass event. I doubt it will have English subs available because I noticed even the ones from last year hasn’t been subbed yet.

Conference interview 

https://youtu.be/8-Ehq3ibjcM?si=qafJuUk1tyFkieTB

Masterclass event 

https://www.youtube.com/live/1GaVCKhgtmE?si=vfWBALPPRueMmhFl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

March 30, 2024

Lee Byung Hun Instagram Update: #Florence 

Everything about this pic is 😘🤌💕Classy perfection!!

Both LBH and LMJ were doing lovestagram from Florence, and I couldn’t agree more with the caption she used for her own pic stating that she really haven’t smiled like that for a while. That applies to LBH as well….. it has been ages since we last saw this beautiful, cozy and warm smile from him in casual. 

20240330_133446.jpg

The trench coat is giving such Alain Delon vibe lol. Also, Charles Pak at the front in his own world hehe. And taking pic at the similar location as her…. 😍 

20240330_133444.jpg

I am not much familiar with the korean customs but Seo Yi is 100 days old today and Jun Hoo will turn 9 tomorrow. It’s nice that they are all together as a family there to celebrate. They both look so relaxed and happy. ♥️ 

MJBH Lovestagram era! 🥰

Spoiler

april-2024-03-30-16-40-41-520.jpg

Spoiler

april-2024-03-30-16-44-21-552.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has published its brand reputation rankings for all stars during the month of March! The rankings were determined through an analysis of various stars’ media coverage, consumer participation, interaction, and community awareness indexes, using big data collected from February 29 to March 31.  Lee Byung Hun deserves to be on the list.    :heart2:

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Lim Young Woong
  2. Son Heung Min
  3. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo
  4. BIBI
  5. IU
  6. Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon
  7. (G)I-DLE
  8. Kim Soo Hyun
  9. Ryu Hyun Jin
  10. Yoo Jae Suk
  11. SEVENTEEN
  12. Kim Ji Won
  13. TWICE
  14. Lee Seo Jin
  15. RIIZE
  16. Kim Nam Joo
  17. Kim Go Eun
  18. Baek Jong Won
  19. LE SSERAFIM
  20. Lee Jung Hoo
  21. Lee Chan Won
  22. Lee Hyori
  23. Choi Min Sik
  24. Park Ji Hyun
  25. Song Joong Ki
  26. Kim Ho Joong
  27. Jang Da Ah
  28. BLACKPINK
  29. Lee Byung Hun
  30. WJSN’s Bona

112129_239505_4149.jpg

source : https://www.gpkorea.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=112129#google_vignette

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for film actors!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, and community awareness indexes of 50 popular movie stars, using big data collected from February 19 to March 19.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Choi Min Sik
  2. Ma Dong Seok
  3. Son Suk Ku
  4. Choi Woo Shik
  5. Go Yoon Jung
  6. Lee Seo Jin
  7. Choi Sung Eun
  8. Kim Hye Soo
  9. Song Joong Ki
  10. Lee Byung Hun
  11. Lee Yi Kyung
  12. Im Siwan
  13. Song Ha Yoon
  14. Lee Hee Joon
  15. Jo Jung Suk
  16. Hyun Bong Sik
  17. Gong Yoo
  18. Honey Lee
  19. Yoo Hae Jin
  20. Ra Mi Ran
  21. Jung Woo Sung
  22. Kim Hye Joon
  23. Lee Joon Hyuk
  24. Kang Ki Young
  25. Go Min Si
  26. Cho Seung Woo
  27. Lee Jong Suk
  28. Park Seo Joon
  29. Ha Jung Woo
  30. Gong Myung

source : https://www.newscammp.co.kr/article/view/ncp202403200001

• Like 2

March 31, 2024 

Happiest 10th Birthday to LBH & LMJ's Son-shine, Joon Hoo!!! 🎂🥳 

Finally hitting that double digit, yay!! I hope everything you wish for comes in double fold as well, with blessings, joy and good health twice as more.💝~

0001-19102157149-20210331-035416-0000.pn

Also,

Happy 100th Day (Baek-il) to Princess Birdie Seo yi!! 💯 ~

I hope you are always protected, loved, fortunate, blessed with a good health, and a long happy life. Shine like a star, warm like a sun and grow prettily like a flower. ♥️ ~

Her card is so pretty with shades of pink used for writing her name. Everything is pink perfect!! 💗 

april-2024-04-01-18-17-26-587.jpg

Pic: LMJ’s Instagram stories Caption: “Already 100 days” 

• Like 4

April 1, 2024 

Some additional HD pics of LBH from the Masterclass event at the 22nd Florence Korea film festival 

a50070bb30b24fc8a04ddfb9e6ca0998.jpg

Alessia Bettini, deputy mayor of Florence, delivering the scroll of Municipality of Florence (Commune di Firenze) to LBH before the masterclass event. 

76ad0af2dd92432fa714e8bad6a78e80.jpg

LBH receiving one of his illustrated portrait by artist Andrea Mancini. 

Spoiler

81fba21905b545a1a541a9c691e23cc3.jpg

Spoiler

e1cadc70f9d04f3fba9ff6447af3dbfb.jpg

Spoiler

cfdb32ca1f8846cc94020cc27b758c18.jpg

Source: Pictures shared by official IG of Florence Korea film festival 

Also, pics and clips shared by fans from the event. From @leebh_0712 ❤️ 

In the clip, LBH is seen sharing the table with 3 directors. Kim Jee Woon, Uhm Tae Hwa and Han Jay. Towards the end, we see LMJ, baby Jun hoo with his baseball jacket, uncle Charles Pak and LBH’s manager Park Jae woo. It was such a Déjà Vu seeing Jun hoo and I only realized some time ago that it reminded me of young Dong seok in Our blues. He wore exact similar one when he was following his mother crying and the camera pans at his back. :) 

Spoiler

Pics shared by @milkzywayzon twitter of LBH, LMJ from the masterclass after party, along with LBH with 3 directors. ❤️ 

Original source: @bling_yuri on IG. 

Spoiler

• Like 3

April 2, 2024 

[Exclusive] Lee Byung-hun x Son Ye-jin, Park Chan-wook's first collaboration in a new movie. End-of-year filming goals

0003340831_001_20240402120101382.jpg?type=w430

Actors Lee Byung-hun and Son Ye-jin are expected to be working together for the first time in director Park Chan-wook's new film. Expectations are high both inside and outside the film industry as it is a meeting between top stars and top star directors.

According to the film industry on the 2nd, Lee Byung-hun and Son Ye-jin recently received an offer from director Park Chan-wook and decided to appear in it. It's been 20 years since Lee Byung-hun reunited with director Chan-wook Park in a film. Lee Byung-hun worked with Song Kang-ho, Lee Young-ae, and Shin Ha-kyun in director Park Chan-wook's 2000 film 'JSA', and in 2004, he appeared in the Korea-China-Japan joint film 'Three, Monster' in which director Park Chan-wook participated.

This is the first time Son Ye-jin appears in director Park Chan-wook's work. Son Ye-jin married Hyun Bin in March 2021 and then took a break from acting, giving birth to her son in November of that year. It has been about two years since the JTBC drama 'Introduction, Nine', which ended in March 2022, that he met the audience through his work. 

It is said that Lee Byung-hun and Son Ye-jin received offers to appear in director Park Chan-wook's new film last year and early this year, respectively.

Director Park Chan-wook's new work is one that he has been preparing for a long time to the extent that he calls it the masterpiece of his life. However, it is said that it is still too early to announce it to the public as the copyright contract is in the final stage. 

Director Park Chan-wook has been working on 'The Sympathizer', a seven-part series starring Robert Downey Jr., which will be released on the US streaming service HBO Max on the 14th. Because of this, they are not yet able to concentrate on preparing a new film starring Lee Byung-hun and Son Ye-jin. 

It is said that director Park Chan-wook is aiming to finish the promotional activities for 'The Sympathizer', organize all new copyright work, complete pre-production work, and begin filming in the second half of this year.

The meeting of Lee Byung-hun, Son Ye-jin, and director Park Chan-wook is expected to attract a lot of attention not only in Korea but also in the global film industry. This is because it is a new work by director Park Chan-wook, who has a global reputation, and the original work is also well-known overseas, especially in France. There is already a lot of interest from movie fans at home and abroad as it is expected to shed light on the social problems experienced not only in Korea but also around the world in a sharp, cruel, and beautiful way that is unique to director Park Chan-wook.

Also, the acting skills of Lee Byung-hun and Son Ye-jin will be fascinating to watch, so expectations are also high. Lee Byung-hun is also scheduled to release Netflix's 'Squid Game 2', and Son Ye-jin is internationally known for 'Crash Landing on You', so the combination of the two actors alone is expected to raise curiosity and expectations.

The spring breeze is blowing again in the Korean film industry as we wonder how the combination of director Park Chan-wook, Lee Byung-hun, and Son Ye-jin will be brought to life on the screen. 

Source: Naver 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ephoenix said:

April 2, 2024 

[Exclusive] Lee Byung-hun x Son Ye-jin, Park Chan-wook's first collaboration in a new movie. End-of-year filming goals

Actors Lee Byung-hun and Son Ye-jin are expected to be working together for the first time in director Park Chan-wook's new film. Expectations are high both inside and outside the film industry as it is a meeting between top stars and top star directors.

According to the film industry on the 2nd, Lee Byung-hun and Son Ye-jin recently received an offer from director Park Chan-wook and decided to appear in it. It's been 20 years since Lee Byung-hun reunited with director Chan-wook Park in a film. Lee Byung-hun worked with Song Kang-ho, Lee Young-ae, and Shin Ha-kyun in director Park Chan-wook's 2000 film 'JSA', and in 2004, he appeared in the Korea-China-Japan joint film 'Three, Monster' in which director Park Chan-wook participated.

This is the first time Son Ye-jin appears in director Park Chan-wook's work. Son Ye-jin married Hyun Bin in March 2021 and then took a break from acting, giving birth to her son in November of that year. It has been about two years since the JTBC drama 'Introduction, Nine', which ended in March 2022, that he met the audience through his work. 

It is said that Lee Byung-hun and Son Ye-jin received offers to appear in director Park Chan-wook's new film last year and early this year, respectively.

Director Park Chan-wook's new work is one that he has been preparing for a long time to the extent that he calls it the masterpiece of his life. However, it is said that it is still too early to announce it to the public as the copyright contract is in the final stage. 

Director Park Chan-wook has been working on 'The Sympathizer', a seven-part series starring Robert Downey Jr., which will be released on the US streaming service HBO Max on the 14th. Because of this, they are not yet able to concentrate on preparing a new film starring Lee Byung-hun and Son Ye-jin. 

It is said that director Park Chan-wook is aiming to finish the promotional activities for 'The Sympathizer', organize all new copyright work, complete pre-production work, and begin filming in the second half of this year.

The meeting of Lee Byung-hun, Son Ye-jin, and director Park Chan-wook is expected to attract a lot of attention not only in Korea but also in the global film industry. This is because it is a new work by director Park Chan-wook, who has a global reputation, and the original work is also well-known overseas, especially in France. There is already a lot of interest from movie fans at home and abroad as it is expected to shed light on the social problems experienced not only in Korea but also around the world in a sharp, cruel, and beautiful way that is unique to director Park Chan-wook.

Also, the acting skills of Lee Byung-hun and Son Ye-jin will be fascinating to watch, so expectations are also high. Lee Byung-hun is also scheduled to release Netflix's 'Squid Game 2', and Son Ye-jin is internationally known for 'Crash Landing on You', so the combination of the two actors alone is expected to raise curiosity and expectations.

The spring breeze is blowing again in the Korean film industry as we wonder how the combination of director Park Chan-wook, Lee Byung-hun, and Son Ye-jin will be brought to life on the screen. 

Source: Naver 

@Ephoenix  I hope Lee Byung Hun will take this offer to do the movie. Wait & see.....   :blush:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lee Byung Hun And Son Ye Jin In Talks For New Thriller Film By Hit Director Park Chan Wook

20240402045255_lee-byung-hun-son-ye-jin.

Lee Byung Hun and Son Ye Jin may be starring in a new thriller film together!

On April 2, Korean media outlets reported that Lee Byung Hun and Son Ye Jin received offers to star in director Park Chan Wook’s new film. Park Chan Wook is the director behind numerous hit projects including “Oldboy,” “The Handmaiden,” “Decision to Leave,” and more.

In response to the reports, Lee Byung Hun’s agency BH Entertainment and Son Ye Jin’s agency MSteam Entertainment revealed that their actors received offers to star in director Park Chan Wook’s new film and are reviewing their offers positively.

Lee Byung Hun and director Park Chan Wook previously worked together in the films “Joint Security Area” released in 2000 and “Three… Extremes” in 2004. Attention is focused as to whether Lee Byung Hun will reunite with director Park Chan Wook for the first time in 20 years.

If Lee Byung Hun and Son Ye Jin accept their casting offers, this will be their first project together. At the same time, it will mark Son Ye Jin’s first time working with director Park Chan Wook as well as the actress’s first new project since the JTBC drama “Thirty-Nine” which ended in March 2022.

Stay tuned for more updates!

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

Lee Byung Hun and Son Ye Jin in Talks for Park Chan Wook’s Next Cinematic Venture

imbc-mbc-1.jpg

202404021114206710_1_20240402113604387.j

Film industry buzz on April 2nd highlights that Lee Byung Hun and Son Ye Jin have been approached to star in director Park Chan Wook‘s newest film and are currently reviewing the project. Both actors’ agencies have confirmed this interest.

The film is described as a long-anticipated project by Park Chan Wook. During the 2019 Busan International Film Festival, Park expressed, “I plan to remake Costa-Gavras’s ‘Z’ as a lifetime project, and it will become one of my signature works.” However, it is reported that rights acquisition is still in progress, making it too early for a detailed announcement.

Lee Byung Hun has previously worked with Park Chan Wook on the films Joint Security Area JSA (2000) and Three… Extremes (2004). This project marks the first potential collaboration between Son Ye Jin and both the director and Lee Byung Hun, stirring excitement about the new dynamics they will bring to Park’s cinematic world.

Meanwhile, Lee Byung Hun is set to meet global audiences with Squid Game 2 on Netflix. Son Ye Jin, after marrying Hyun Bin in 2021 and welcoming their son the same year, has been on a hiatus, making this potential project a highly anticipated return for the actress.

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000839506

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

On 4/1/2024 at 6:11 AM, Ephoenix said:

March 31, 2024 

Happiest 10th Birthday to LBH & LMJ's Son-shine, Joon Hoo!!! 🎂🥳 

Finally hitting that double digit, yay!! I hope everything you wish for comes in double fold as well, with blessings, joy and good health twice as more.💝~

0001-19102157149-20210331-035416-0000.pn

Also,

Happy 100th Day (Baek-il) to Princess Birdie Seo yi!! 💯 ~

I hope you are always protected, loved, fortunate, blessed with a good health, and a long happy life. Shine like a star, warm like a sun and grow prettily like a flower. ♥️ ~

Her card is so pretty with shades of pink used for writing her name. Everything is pink perfect!! 💗 

april-2024-04-01-18-17-26-587.jpg

Pic: LMJ’s Instagram stories Caption: “Already 100 days” 

@Ephoenix  thanks for sharing this. Time flies so fast - In Korea, the 100-day mark is a baby's first major milestone as many children in the past failed to live past three months of birth due to diseases and a lack of medical care. So at the 100-day mark, they’re all in a pretty good place. But, in modern Korea, the 100 days celebration is much smaller and usually among the immediate family only. But the first birthday, known as [dol], remains a significant event in which a huge party is thrown, with extended families and friends are invited. A baby’s first birthday is a big deal in Korea. The friends and family usually pitch in to give gold rings to the birthday girl/boy.The first time I went to a Korean first birthday party, I expected to see balloons, cake and lots of children playing. I was surprised to find that it's actually very similar to a Korean wedding.   :heart3:

I saw that she took to social media on April 1st to celebrate her daughter Seo Yi’s 100th day. Aside from the card, a large pink balloons with the writing “Happy 100th Day Seo yi” add to the cheerful atmosphere. The room is filled with gorgeous pink flowers, creating a heartwarming ambiance for her baby daughter’s special day.   :kaching3:

2024040201000122500014572_20240402060503

• Like 5

April 2, 2024 

It still feels surreal to me that yesterday’s casting news happened. Even if we’ve had a pseudo-ride of this same casting news for this movie since the fall of 2019, somehow it feels legit this time around, with both representative agencies addressing it positively. Although the main articles in naver keep revising their contents, and calling it only as PCW’s new film, majority of the media outside seemed to have come to conclusion that it is for ‘The Ax’, a remake of Costa Gavras’ french film of the same name, which Director PCW has been trying to make for many years (almost 15). It’s a film, which Dir. PCW described as his ‘Lifelong passion project.’ The synopsis reads, 

Bruno loved his job as a middle manager at a paper company, but optimistically views being laid off as an opportunity. After two years of searching for a comparable position, the optimism turns into desperation. His wife, Marlene, is working two jobs, and their marriage is deteriorating as their hold on the middle class slips away. Bruno concocts a grimly audacious plan to identify and kill his fellow job applicants so that he is the only qualified person left.”

In an interview with Deadline, back in 2022, Director PCW described the storyline as, 

It’s a truly heartbreaking story about a middle-aged man who lost a job, and now he needs to bring bread to the table to feed his family. So, he struggles in the process of looking for a job in a specialized field, and he becomes a serial killer.” 

Nothing has been official yet, but there are this unsourced screenshot tweets from fellow LBH fans where Dir. PCW gave his review for the book, and expressed his thoughts in remaking the Korean version of the movie, and naming it, “Mogaji-모가지” I did some look around and it’s a very informal derogatory term used for expressing dismissal, being fired, kicked out etc, with one gesturing to slit their throat with the blade of their hand. Dir. PCW said, “its a very cruel expression both in English and Korean, but what can I say, isn’t being fired actually the most terrible thing in the world?” (KoreanLBH fans are begging to rethink the movie title.😅)

The way how DIr. PCW works, I can somehow imagine how dark this movie is going to be in this thoughts alone. His choice of name for the movie, his interpretation, the literal term ‘Ax’, and the plot of protagonist being ‘axed’ from his job, and potentially applying that hand gesture of slitting one’s throat as a MO of a serial killer. 😳

Of course, this is all in my head though. But I wonder how LBH is thinking about it. Imagine being a highly sought after actor for a highly acclaimed director’s life’s passion project….the pressure and the burden must be unimaginable. Not to mention his process of getting into the skin of his character who ends up becoming a serial killer. This seems 10x more intense and challenging than what he felt when he rejected Gwanghae, and the responsibilities here is just immensely huge. I mean, LBH can pull it off for sure, if he sets his mind to it. He’s one of the few actors I think who can effortlessly pull the juxtaposition of this supposed protagonist, and is the sole reason why PCW chose him. Only time will tell what and how it will be, but my anticipation is leveling high right now.. I am really ecstatic to be very honest! :D 

I will link the past articles regarding the movie and Dir. PCW here for anyone interested. 

variety Deadline worldofreel

• Like 2

Lee Byung-hun earns honorary Florence citizenship, actor of year at film festival

76dcd3e3-72c5-4416-b02c-12e352bdb814.jpg

By KTimes

Actor Lee Byung-hun was honored with both Actor of the Year and honorary citizenship of Florence, Italy, at the 22nd Florence Korea Film Fest, earning recognition for his contributions to film and his special connection with the Italian city, his agency said.

The festival, which concluded on Saturday, promotes Korean cinema in Italy and fosters cultural exchanges between the two countries.

This year, Lee was the guest of honor, with the festival featuring a special section dedicated to seven of his films, including the opener "Concrete Utopia" (2023), "Bungee Jumping of Their Own" (2001), "A Bittersweet Life" (2005), "Once in a Summer" (2006), "Masquerade" (2012), "Inside Men" (2015) and "Keys to the Heart" (2018).

Lee's visit to the festival included engaging with film fans about "Masquerade" and "A Bittersweet Life," as well as a master class that offered deep insights into his work, warmly received by fans of both his films and dramas like "Our Blues" (2022) and "Mr. Sunshine" (2018).

Following the master class, Lee, who has often expressed his affection for Florence, received honorary citizenship, a testament to his lasting impact on the festival and the city.

In his acceptance speech, Lee expressed his gratitude. "I'm honored to participate in the Florence Korea Film Fest, a festival I've long had a connection with, and to receive honorary citizenship," he said. "I look forward to visiting again. The time I've spent in Florence, especially with 'Masquerade' and 'A Bittersweet Life' being shown, will remain with me as a cherished memory. It's been an incredibly meaningful experience."

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2024/04/398_372047.html

• Like 4

*** Recently, Park Sung Hoon appeared on 'Netflix Korea' Youtube channel and shared some fun talks. Here, Park Sung Hoon provides insights about Season 2 of 'Squid Game'. He shared, "'Squid Game 2' is my 50th project. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to participate in the most anticipated series of 2024. It's better quality compared to Season 1 and the story is more rich and fun. I can't say anything though, we're still filming." When the hosts asked him whether all the cast members will put on tracksuits and if Lee Jung Jae will sport red hair, Park Sunghoon said, "I really can't say anything. Even among the casts, if there's someone who dies early—" before a host jokingly said, "Die?!"   :heart3:

• Like 2

*** tvN  dramas are popular in and out of Korea. The channel has quite a lot of hit dramas on its record. The channel keeps on having high ratings with interesting plots and Hallyu actors in its cast. Here is a list of the tvN dramas with the highest ratings up until now (all years).     :ohboy2:

(Updated

5. "Mr. Sunshine" - 18.1%

The historical drama "Mr. Sunshine" (2018) with Lee ByungHun and Kim TaeRi had a huge budget and it received a lot of love in and outside of Korea. The drama scored 18.1% of ratings on its last episode.

giphy.gif

10. "Our Blues" - 14.6%

The life drama "Our Blues" (2022) starring Lee ByungHun, Shin MinA, Han JiMin, Kim WooBinCha SeoungWon, and Lee JungEun gathered a lot of interest with its touching story and its talented cast. The drama started at 7.3% and ended at 14.6%.

• Like 3

*** Nominees have been announced for the 60th Baeksang Arts Awards! The candidates were chosen among television shows, OTT programs, and films that aired or were released between April 1, 2023 and March 31, 2024. For series, candidates were chosen among programs that have aired at least one third of the series as of March 31. Productions that were excluded last year because they were released during the screening period were also included in this year’s

pool. The ceremony is scheduled to take place at COEX and will be broadcast live via JTBC.    :hypehype:

Best Film

Best Actor

source/s : https://www.baeksangawards.co.kr/nominees

https://v.daum.net/v/20240408112850256

• Like 2

April 8, 2024 

Lee Byung-hun has been nominated in the Best Actor category for Concrete Utopia at the 60th Baeksang Arts Awards. 

The award ceremony will be held on May 7, 2024, and will be broadcast live on jtbc. 

20240408-054305.jpg

20240408-054307.jpg

Concrete Utopia has been nominated in 4 categories for the 60th Baeksang Arts Awards. 

Spoiler

april-2024-04-08-06-08-12-373.jpg

• Best Film 
  • Best Director - Uhm Tae-hwa 
  • Best Actor - Lee Byung-hun 
  • Best Suporting Actress - Kim Sun-young 

ALL THE BEST, CON-UZZ!!! 🫶💯🙏

Source: Baeksang IG 

Naver 

• Like 3

Another excerpt from Interview made in Florence during the Korean film festival
Capture-d-e-cran-2024-04-09-a-19-57-40.p

Lee Byung-Hun at the Korean Film Festival: 

«Korean cinema is not afraid of changes compared to Hollywood»

04/08/2024 by ELENA BALESTRI

Actor Lee Byung-hun, star of "Concrete Utopia". From his experience in "Squid Game" to "Mr.Sunshine", this is what he told Florence.

Actor Lee Byung-Hun was among the most anticipated guests at the 22nd edition of the Korean Film Festival in Florence. The protagonist of the opening film of the Concrete Utopia festival, directed by Um The-hwa, and of a long-awaited masterclass, the star actor of Squid Game (and busy filming the second season) retraced the stages of his career and told what he stands for because he plays the role.

Lee Byung-hun’s Hollywood Debut and Experience

More than 20 titles have seen him as a protagonist, starting with Gongdonggyeongbigu-yeok JSA of Park Chan-wook who in 2000 made him known to the cinema firmament. The consecration as a new star of Asian cinema comes in 2005 with A Bittersweet Life by director Kim Jee-woon. The first Hollywood film was made in 2009. It’s GI Joe: The Ascension of the Cobra (by Stephen Sommers). Then followed by GI Joe 2: Retaliation , Red 2 until the western directed by Antoine Fuqua The Magnificent Seven . A dream come true for Lee Buyng-hun, whose passion for cinema was transmitted to him by his father with whom he often went to see American westerns.

I lived more than half my life as an actor and didn’t realize how ambivalent this job was. – He says in response to our question about what acting means to him and being an actor – Over time, I have been influenced by the characters I played for a long time and there are times when I wonder who I really am. But also moments where, through the characters I play, I discover who I am, or I learn something new through them."

Catch your breath with the game

Acting was also a kind of lifeline for the actor. In a time of great personal difficulty, being on the set in front of the camera helped him catch his breath.

Once I was going through a difficult time as it can happen to everyone,” says Lee Byung-hun, “I was in such pain that I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t even sleep. I went through a hell of a time. One day I had a shoot and had to go on set. I was in the worst of situations, I was not interested in filming, I could not breathe. But I was lucky not to fall. It was the first time in 10 days that I was in front of the cameras and I felt them breathe. I felt the movement and without realizing it for the first time in a long time, I felt a feeling of freedom, I breathed. If you have a problem with yourself, you can go to the hospital, but when I read the character and became that person for a moment, it was as if everything had disappeared. A truly unique experience.” 

A love that Lee Byung-hun brings to his work, which led him in 2012 to be one of the first Korean actors to have his imprint on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Compared to American productions, ” Byung-hun explained, “I think Korean cinema is more flexible, courageous and experimental. He is not afraid of change. – And on the relationship with North Korea, I don’t think the division of the two Koreas will have an impact on the Korean film world. I would say that in our cinema this theme has almost become a category: there are many productions that talk about our division, but that go beyond, from romance to friendship stories. We have an opportunity to tell the story of both groups with different types of film productions.

Source : https://www.funweek.it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Annelyse Court said:

Compared to American productions, ” Byung-hun explained, “I think Korean cinema is more flexible, courageous and experimental. He is not afraid of change. – And on the relationship with North Korea, I don’t think the division of the two Koreas will have an impact on the Korean film world. I would say that in our cinema this theme has almost become a category: there are many productions that talk about our division, but that go beyond, from romance to friendship stories. We have an opportunity to tell the story of both groups with different types of film productions.

Thank you so much @Annelyse Court for the translation. 😘 

I really loved his answers in this one. He was simply honest and speaking facts. I think this is the first time I’ve read him answering a question about North Korea. He may have had talked about it in the past when JSA was released, but I personally do not know much of his interviews from that era. I don’t think there was something like that even during Ashfall times. It could’ve been a tricky question considering their own history and current situations, but his answers were so in line with his craft and his profession, and remained so without making it anything political. Art really has no boundaries and I hope we get to see more of these opportunities being explored to tell their stories in the future.

Lee Byung Hun ♥️ Lee Min Jung dinner time with Musician Kim Soo Chul 

Movie and Music story time together with awesome couple LBH and LMJ.” 

Last year in September, LBH and Dir. PCW had sent video messages to musician Kim Soo-chul on the KBS program ‘Immortal Songs’, to congratulate him on his 45th debut anniversary. At that time, KSC nim had mentioned that he often meets LBH to have meals together, and that LBH is the actor he really likes the most. Seems like it’s one of those moments. Also, artist KSC has provided his music to many Korean movies in the past and he has mentioned that it’s one of the reason he is close to Dir. PCW. All this connection when The Ax news is in the air is making my brain work harder…. 😂 

20240409-133205.jpg

Photos: Kim Soo Chul Instagram 

20240409-133203.jpg

That SL shirt looks like from the closet of Ahn Sang goo and it is hurting my eyes but DID HE CUT HIS HAIR? 😳 The pic was posted only hours ago, but I don’t think it was recent as even LMJ has bangs in the pic. His hair actually matches the video message he did for the musician on his 45th anniversary last year. It could’ve been a throwback pic I think. 

Spoiler
202309091822002510_1_20230910060213496.j202309091822002510_2_20230910060213499.j

• Like 2