Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

mistymorning said:

Hey, nice to be back, thanks for the warm welcome rubie. :D
image_readtop_2013_531342_13727547889672

This article(and similar article here too from MBN) has some more details on Byung-Hun's character Killer Han in the movie.  We knew that Han is very skilled in what he's doing, and OCD. And has his own private jet. In this article, apparently Han is also very luxurious. - we sort of expected it from private jet :D -  Unlike other killers who's basically hermit usually, Han wears suits, pursues targets in his private jet and his team(?) uses high tech items. Han also apparently enjoys wine and knows how to drive sports car (can see it in car scene with Helen Mirren ) Artcle said Killer Han never loses his dignity whenever where ever he is.  ;))
Okay he sounds like perfect killer, but comment in other news article rubie posted, LBH said that Han is a killer who's missing just 2%. Just to give you background for this comment, this is actually famous Korean ad line(which has lot more versions, but one can be found here(this version with JJH and JIS, this

is with JWS and Zang Ziyi) for selling fruit flavored water in South Korea. Both CFs seems very serious, but somehow with the product( fruit flavored water) it....sort of gives funny feeling? Missing just 2% usually means something is almost there but not quite in Korea. (And my personal take is that it gives sort of tragic comedy vibe because of that.

:P

)  For the product itself, it was a hit.

LBH will be in LA premiere on July 11th, so we'll have more news from there. And hopefully something concrete on his next project, whether it's Heopyeo or something entirely different within this week. Am I hoping too much? :P

@dhit25, that is so cool.. you're in Korea and sharing the RED2 poster. *love it!* Thanks so much. Hope you'll share more of LBH sightings and have a great time, of course. rbhcool.gif

Thanks to mistymorning for these updates' translation, catching up on LBH articles to share ^^
June 28, 2013
LBH: Helen Mirren is so warmhearted and mother-like 
Source: Nate l translation by mistymorning 
bh_helen.jpg

Actor Lee Byung Hun participated in a Q&A session at the RED2 Showcase at Sheraton Walkerhill held on June 28 by answering queries written on post-it notes.
A fan had asked "With which actor/actress you got close during the shooting?
Lee Byung Hun replied that "Helen Mirren with whom I had car chasing scene together"
"I'm very impressed and admired Helen Mirren as a person. I would like to be like her." "Before, as a fan, I thought she looked a bit cold and could be scary as well as a strong persona.." "But in real life, Helen Mirren was like a wonderful big sister and sometimes mother-like. She makes me feel really comfortable. She's always giving warmth (brightness in the exact word) all around"

July 1, 2013
Star FoodtalkMeeting former Miss Korea Lee Eun-Hee, of 'My Sooji'
Recipe of the woman who can make LBH-LMJ eat crab soup
Source: OhMyNews l translation by mistymorning ^^
IE001594758_STD.jpg

It's been known that celebrity siblings Lee Byung Hun and Lee Eun Hee's mom is a very good cook. When former Miss Korea, Lee Eun Hee was asked about her specialty dish, she has this to share.
What do you want to cook for Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung who will be married in August?
I'm good at Korean cuisine. I cooked crab soup first time after I got married, it was really good so maybe crab soup? Or, Galchi-Jorim (Galchi - fish named hairtail) or Chicken soup, my hubby liked it. So maybe chicken soup.

Another article on LBH-CZJ pairing for ELLE <3
July 3, 2013
ELLE Korea meets Hollywood stars Catherine Zeta Jones and Lee Byung hun
BNTNews
kx3jdmtoi48o7cji3aq2tmprf0zp7fig.jpg
[by Cho Suyoun] Korean actor Lee Byung hun and Catherine Zeta Jones will cover fashion magazine ELLE in August edition.
World star Lee Byung hun and Catherine Zeta Jones will cover the August edition of ELLE Korea Magazine. According to a source from ELLE, the two stars will soon participate in shooting and they will be appearing like a couple. Since the film ‘RED: THE LEGEND’ will be released all around the world, this couple cut will be in international ELLE magazines as well.
Actor Lee Byung hun is one of the top stars in Korea. Since his Hollywood debut through ‘G.I. Joe,’ Lee was captured by many Hollywood staffs and the director of a film ‘RED: THE LEGEND’ casted him right away and gave a role to be a partner of Bruce Willis and Catherine Zeta Jones. The pictorial shooting of Lee Byung hun and Catherine Zeta Jones will be held in second week of July in Los Angeles. The August edition of ELLE Korea will be released on July 20. (photo by Bluemage, Lotte Entertainment)

This entertainment clip by jtbc really doesn't beat around the bush.. it's a straightforward, frank but nonetheless, positive commentary
Published on June 30, 2013 by jtbcstar

Sendspace // Thanks to mistymorning for the translation of the clip, Merci!
Clip starts with woman reporter saying there's a common thing between JDG-KSY couple and LBH-LMJ couple,Man reporter saying, the man's doing better ?Woman reporter saying, brides do not have well known projects, and doing lots of CF(Voice-over that sounded very much like the actress who acted as LBH's mom in BML) Well, nothing wrong with earning big money.LBH and LMJ getting married in August? Why deny it when you set the date and got the bouquet?The size of ceremony will be huge (and the interview with the wedding hall agent). The reservation is very recent, and they only reserved the hall so far. The hall can accommodate from 750 to 1000 people.
The last snippet showed LBH's interview (this was in HK last year, when he went to receive the Cineasia award)(Voice over by actress) What's the money when you're getting married much younger wife when you're over 40.(LBH interview) The feeling of relief when we first metNow I have more courage (because of her)Just she beside me makes me stronger.(Voice over) You're getting married late, but have a happy life together enough to make up (starting late). I'm looking forward to seeing your junior too!The end.

176.gif

Btw, heard the news about WonBin? LOL.. good for him, at least he's still a pretty and decent normal guy. Congrats to him and actress Lee Na Young. It's nice that they got an all-around positive response from fans from both sides. No one trashes and bashes either of them.. the only worst scenario, both actors' websites crashed but that's normal. (it's actually pretty mundane exposure but better than having to deal with snarky netizens, right)
As for our Byunghun and Minjung, their heartaches earlier on .. the malicious rumors, online attacks and backlashes before are transforming into the sweetest & most beautiful moments for them as they embrace their happiness together.

Thanks to mistymorning for the clips highlight and gist heart.gif
A couple more clips from the RED2 Showcase last Friday.. the SBS clip might not be available for viewing for some fans but basically it says that the next (RED2 related) step for LBH is the LA premiere next week. Most likely that the ELLE Korea team will be going with him for the photoshoot with CZJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gEVuhNn18AA

The second clip (also with Chinese subs) mentions that at the RED2 party at Bruce Willis' house.. actors Kevin Costner and Chris Pine were also there. And all of them had their photos taken at the coin photo booth. ^^

There will be a nude scene of LBH in RED2.. mainly to emphasize that killer Han is a very dangerous person, when he meets other people they have to do a thorough body check on him.3drool.gif
And the mention of LBH's father.. his name can be seen in the cast list, as requested by the director.
201307010920290010_1.jpg

Also on MBN news, the media asked LBH how many viewers he would expect for RED 2 which BH replied, because it's being released world-wide, by that standard, maybe 70 million viewers? It's also been mentioned in some that LBH promised to paint his face red if that happens. fainting.gif<-- that will be rubie..

Hello @vickyhall, welcome to Lee Byung Hun thread! What is your most favourite Lee Byung Hun film?
Please join us in sharing everything about Lee Byung Hun here. Don't be shy, ok.

Found this LBH list by Daniel Rodriguez
Ranking: Byung-Hun Lee (Actor)
My favorite korean actor and one of my all time favorites, Byung-Hun is also the protagonist of two of my favorite movies, A Bittersweet Life and I Saw the Devil. He's most known in Hollywood as the ninja Storm Shadow, from G.I. Joe, his less interesting character. He manages to be a fantastic actor, very versatile and also an insane martial artist, a combination very rare to be found.
There still are some lesser known movies for me to watch, most of them romantic comedies if I'm not wrong and the latest G.I. Joe as well.
1. A Bittersweet Life2. I Saw the Devil3. Joint Security Area4. The Good, The Bad, The Weird5. I Come With The Rain6. Masquerade7. IRIS8. GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra9. Everyone Has a Secret

Any American fans in Dallas? heart.gif
AFFD 2013 Official Website // Twitter // Facebook
affd_2013.jpg
July 3, 2013
8 Korean Films on AFFD MenuCountry’s Best on Show in Dallas

by Pierce Conran KOFIC
Korean film will be particularly prominent during this year’s Asian Film Festival Dallas. One of the premiere showcases for Asian cinema in North America, the festival is supported by Well Go USA Entertainment, the top Asian film distributor on the continent. Now in its 12th year, AFFD will run from July 11th to 18th. Looking at this year’s numerous Korean selections, one of the two opening films will be the dark organ trade thriller Traffickers, from debut director Kim Hong-sun. Cats and Dogs, a low-budget effort billed as Korea’s first feature to be shot on a smartphone, is a sweet romcom set in the world of pets. The successful indie Romance Joe from Lee Kwang-kuk, initially premiered to rave reviews in Busan in 2011. Ryoo Seung-wan’s big-budget spy blockbuster The Berlin File, starring Ha Jung-woo, Han Suk-kyu, Jeon Ji-hyeon and Ryoo Seung-beom, will add some firepower to the program. Following numerous award wins, such as the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival, O Muel’s lyrical historical picture Jiseul will on show this year. The ominbus Horror Stories, which was directed by some of the most prominent genre filmmakers in Korea and which premiered at PiFan last year, is also in the lineup. Meanwhile, the offbeat animated film Padak will demonstrate the continued versatility of the Korean film industry. Finally, Choo Chang-min’s blockbuster period film Masquerade will round out the program as the event’s closing film.
affd_2013_schedule1.jpg

Another Red 2 review, found from imdb.com
http://www.fatmovieguy.com/movie/red-2/

His review on movie is not really great, but left nice mention on LBH.
Out of the Supporting cast, I really liked Byung Hun Lee. He played Storm Shadow in the G.I. Joe movies. He was really cool with his martial arts that he could almost have a stand alone film. He also provides the panty drop moment in the movie that the ladies will love.

Found couple articles posted yesterday, on how NY premiere(on June 24th) had gone for LBH. The verdict, was excellent!
Source: tvreport, herald
LBH worked wonders on his character Han, so before premiere had about 10 interviews scheduled, but after the premiere, he got more than 100 requests. Also, apparently Summit Entertainment did survey on "Who was the most attractive character in Red 2" and LBH's character Han took the #1 spot, by about 70% of the voted. 
So far for all the movies he had done in Hollywood, he got great reviews for his acting. As a fan, I'm so excited and hope he'll get interesting and meaty roles in Hollywood. I wish there's a way to clone him and make one work on Korean project and the other work on Hollywood project. And maybe another for promotional work. ;)

July 3, 2013
Lee Byung Hun reveals he has a nude scene in 'RED 2'

by  jennywill  AllKpop.com l Nate
1372855230_534902.jpg
If you needed an extra reason to go watch 'RED 2' when it hits theaters, here's another one you can add to the list.
Remember when Lee Byung Hun showed off his chiseled body in the 'G.I. Joe' movies? Well, back then it was just his upper body - but on 'RED 2', he took it all off! In an interview with SBS' 'One Night of TV Entertainment', he said, "It's going to be a fresh, exciting movie. I don't have just a revealing scene. I have a nude scene. It felt nice. I took it all off."
He added, "I worked out by myself without a trainer. I was in England for about 2 months and went to the nearby gym, but the trainer was busy, so he never made time. Later, I told him I was an actor, and he said that if that was true then he was a singer."

July 3, 2013
Lee Byung Hun and Lee Min Jung Planning a “Simple” Wedding
By Evan+ DramaFever Blog Planning a wedding can be a nightmare, that’s why they make movies about it all the time; it makes for good drama. Lee Byung Hun + Lee Min Jung plan to forgo any troubles for their upcoming August nuptials. Jung revealed, ”Usually, brides-to-be pick out the beauty shop, wedding dress and wedding photos. But since we already know people in those industries, it’ll take less time to plan. I am planning on asking a lot of people around me. We decided to make the wedding as simple and small as possible.”  Wedding planner Yang Sun Hee, perhaps revealing too much information, shared that the ‘simple’ ‘small’ wedding will have 1200 guests and cost $100 per plate. Yang predicts the wedding will top out at $120,000 which, as celebrity wedding’s go, is a relatively modest sum.
jtbc_bhmj.jpg
Captures from the jtbc clip posted earlier

Guest seli_setiana

rubie said:
July 3, 2013
Lee Byung Hun reveals he has a nude scene in 'RED 2'

by  jennywill  AllKpop.com l Nate
1372855230_534902.jpg
If you needed an extra reason to go watch 'RED 2' when it hits theaters, here's another one you can add to the list.
Remember when Lee Byung Hun showed off his chiseled body in the 'G.I. Joe' movies? Well, back then it was just his upper body - but on 'RED 2', he took it all off! In an interview with SBS' 'One Night of TV Entertainment', he said, "It's going to be a fresh, exciting movie. I don't have just a revealing scene. I have a nude scene. It felt nice. I took it all off."
He added, "I worked out by myself without a trainer. I was in England for about 2 months and went to the nearby gym, but the trainer was busy, so he never made time. Later, I told him I was an actor, and he said that if that was true then he was a singer."

Thanks so much mistymorning for the wonderful gist on RED2 feedback in the NY premiere recently. To know that Byunghun-ssi received a lot of positive attention for his character is very heartwarming indeed. He may still be playing an assassin or bad guy (for now) but there's nothing generic about it. LBH gives an otherwise a 2-dimensional character more depth that audience will feel & root for him, as in GI Joe and now RED2. He's truly a gem of a classy actor who not only has a physical charm and screen attraction but someone who acts & fights well in every scene he's done. Hopefully RED2 will be the door opening to better, worthy scripts in Hollywood for LBH. It's not easy making the crossover with the distinct difference in culture and language, but our BH certainly gave his best and even more. We're lucky in the sense that we know and really appreciate what's he's been going through to bring about more recognition to Korean actors in the international stage.
Sure hope his hard work and effort, hardships and sacrifices will present him a wonderful worthy offer to play in Hollywood and show them what he's got.
Borrowing the fatmovieguy's reviewer phrase for RED 2 -- BH's panty drop moment..in_love.gif
I think.. Byunghun's nude scenes were famously from Addiction, All In (shower scene).. and IRIS (shower but not shown all ^^)..mistymorning shared a tidbit that BSL has a nude scene of LBH showering but Dir. KJW decided to take it out of the movie because he wanted the fans to focus on Sunwoo and not his you-know. LOL.. really, Dir. Kim..
Those in GBW.. EHAS.. ICWTR.. XTM.. IRIS (torture scene)...  were mainly topless ones.. so it'll be interesting (hehee) to see how Han goes nude in RED2. It's not like a glance in the shower scene.. not a love scene but body-check scene. Now that's a first for BH..3drool.gif
Ohh.. goshh.. better change the topic.. poster_oops.gif before rubie goes all crimson.. like a cooked lobster
Here's the clip from the SBS Midnight TV Entertainment that LBH was interviewed, shown on July 3. The YT clip showed the whole segment but some may not be able to view the clip due to location restriction.
Thanks to mistymorning for the clip highlight & dl, here are LBH cuts to share wub2.gif
SBS Mignight TV 20130703 #5(5)_1 (55.41MB)

SBS Midnight TV 20130703 #5(6)_2 (12.95MB)

2013-07-03sbs_hanbam.jpg

July 4, 2013
Update: Lee Byung Hun ♥ Lee Min Jung Wedding

Veteran Actor Shin Young Gyun to Officiate, Lee Beom Soo and Shin Dong Yup as MCs
Source: Nate ++
130704_51d527eea0163.jpg

Top star couple Lee Byung Hun-Lee Min Jung's wedding on August 10 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel will be officiated by veteran actor Shin Young Gyun while actor Lee Beom Soo and MC Shin Dong Yup will act as moderators (emcee?) at the wedding -- as there will be two parts of the ceremony.
The 85-year old movie actor Shin Young Gyun recently made the positive comment choosing LBH as the actor who performs really well in his roles (article). The veteran actor is also well known for his long and happy marriage.

Lee Beom Soo and Shin Dong Yup are well-known as LBH's close buddies in the industry. Lee Byung Hun was the MC at Lee Beom Soo's wedding in 2010 (article) and LBH attended Shin Dong Yup's wedding back in 2006. (article). Wonder if LMJ was at the ceremony, too?