Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Thanks so much Amaryllis for this awesome clip, just seen it.. fabulous sharing! :wub:

Everyone, do watch the clip if possible.. it has cool subs.. pretty interesting questions posed to BH (the KBS reporter is a big fan of him) and an even wittier answers by him. :lol:

:excl: Btw.. everyone sending PMs or waiting for replies from anyone in the forum, please remember to check your Inbox from time to time even though there's no indication of new messages. It appears that we will have to log in again to access our PM.. only then we'll know if we have had unread messages waiting.

:excl: Btw.. everyone sending PMs or waiting for replies from anyone in the forum, please remember to check your Inbox from time to time even though there's no indication of new messages. It appears that we will have to log in again to access our PM.. only then we'll know if we have had unread messages waiting.

Hi rubie, thanks for this info. :lol:

About his currently showing movie, for sure, this is an awesome film – Haven’t watched it yet but definitely I will this weekend because of LBH. I was kind of anticipating this since it’s LBH’s 1st Hollywood movie. I’m sure he’s great again here. :D:lol:

August 11, 2009

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Source: moviemoxie.blogspot.com

200908073658.jpg

Dir: Stephen Sommers (Van Helsing, The Mummy, Deep Rising)

Cast: Channing Tatum, Sienna Miller, Dennis Quaid, Marlon Wayans, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Byung-hun Lee, Ray Park, Rachel Nichols, Sa'd Taghmaoui, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Christopher Eccleston, Arnold Vosloo

USA, 2009

Seen: August 7, 2009 at AMC in the ETX

Reason to see: It looked like boat loads of fun

I was hoping G.I Joe: The Rise of Cobra would be a heck of a lot of fun, and it certainly was. Earlier this year I was perplexed when people said they 'just want to see a popcorn flick'. Now, I think of that term as fun, action and not much else matters. For me, I think a film does need more to matter. But then I saw G.I Joe: The Rise of Cobra and had an 'a-ha' moment, because it was fun and action so I was feeling the love of the 'popcorn flick'. Not to sell it too short though. What tipped the scales to make it more than just a fun action film was the great ensemble cast portraying a plethora of charismatic characters. Byung-hun Lee as Storm Shadow was freaking awesome. Sienna Miller was a great as the character Baroness, bringing strength and attitude on the screen. Sa'd Taghmaoui was charming as Breaker, Channing Tatum was perfectly cast as Duke and I even laughed at Marlon Wayans' jokes as Ripcord. I would have loved to see more of Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Ray Park but considering the number of characters they each got an impressive amount of screen time for a film that hovers just under the 2 hours mark.

Before giving the impression of being a fangirl, I have to make note that I wasn't a fan of G.I. Joe in the past. Aware of the phenom? Sure. "Knowing is Half the Battle", ending the show with a PSA style 'message', action figure and all that jazz. But it didn't resonate with me so I take this film as seperate entity than that of anything in the G.I. Joe of the past. This film creates a near future contained world that is understandable and accessable. Does it push the line here and there? Of course. That is what near future action movies do!

I also want to acknowledge the design and styling of the characters who each had their own individual look. It was refreshing to see that the styles matched not only the characters tone but also their function, specifically it was refreshing to see women in action roles in an action film wearing clothes that they could fight in. Thank you!

Shannon's Overall View

I thoroughly enjoyed it

I'll buy it

I recommend it as a fun action flick

Guest isahbm

Hi! Just watched GI Joe in a local cinema!

Its being LBH's first Hollywood movie was only an accidental reason why I did. I just had to see him on the big screen for the first time (am sure it's not to be the last) and it was indeed awesome. He was AWESOME, his presence was all over the movie.It was great that in most scenes, only Hunnie was in white amidst other characters in black or dark attire.

When I insisted on watching GI Joe, I told friends that I needed to because my favorite actor was in it. We weren't exactly into action films like that. I felt giddy with excitement and actually clapped at his first appearance. My heart was thumping everytime he was on screen, which was a lot so that left me breathless.

I suspect that the film's director and producers realized that they got a lot more than what they could have earlier expected and really gave Storm Shadow more exposure. So that's lucky for us Hunnies and quite fortunate for the entire movie.

Trust LBH to give life even to a comic book character. In my opinion, his eyes were so expressive and told a lot about Storm Shadow's ruthlessness. His actions, running scenes and fight moves were sharp. His body, wow! I think his walk was vintage LBH, so manly, so assured (even, or more so, as a baddie!).

Btw, it's been 3 straight villainous roles for our Hunnie, isn't it? The GBW, ICWTR and GI Joe. I've also seem GBW and have been rooting for THE BAD coz it's our Hunnie.In GI Joe final fight scene, if I could, I would have given Snake Eyes a big kick (ha,ha) for slashing Storm Shadow shirtless bode. :D That would have been comical indeed.

Here's wishing that LBH is nearer to his dream of reaching out and showing lots more people his overflowing talent. I'm so proud of him!

^ isahbm! It's so good to read your thoughts again. The Storm Shadow well-observed and well-recap! :D

So happy and grateful that many fans like us (English speaking fans especially) are finally having the chance to watch GI Joe at our respective locations to be able to share our thoughts & comments of the movie almost all at once.. without feeling too left out. This is something that doesn't happen often and should be appreciated.

Byunghun's Hollywood debut have certainly proved to be a really positive & worthy venture for him. In the KBS clip he mentioned that although he's fully aware of the challenges, but he also knew that he'd feel more regret if he didn't take the chance and it's never too late to try new things. Indeed.. he went out and gave his best shot that became a well-deserving success,

Whatever some critics might trash about the movie.. it's really a treat seeing our BH on the big screen, not one bit of disappointment at all. He even gave 'GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra' much needed plus points. When GI Joe opens at #1..that is already a cool reward in itself. Despite the fact that we often say that we wanted to see him in more quality-made Korean movies and invited to international filmfest, etc.. he definitely doesn't look out of place in a well-made blockbuster movie and he owns Storm Shadow.. all the way! I have to admit . a realization sinking in how through Hollywood movies.. that all his fans meaning everyone.. not just the Korean and the Japanese fans.. but everyone can finally enjoy watching him on the big screen together.. that is almost simultaneously when GI Joe gets screened worldwide. This is like the treat we rarely get.. especially when Korean movies no matter how popular, many countries even in SEA (except selected ones) doesn't screen any of them. So, in a way. as much as we feel a dilemma .. it's actually the treat meant for everyone.

Because of his unlimited passion, incredible self-perseverance and relentless commitment, we will always be proud of our Byunghun.. he's definitely the actor he set out to be, Talented, Respected, Professional, Successful.

Guest ellabel

^^ Wow!! Took me sometime to read all the wonderful posts i missed.

Looks like it's raining accolades for our favorite HUNnie.... and I'm so happy and proud. No matter what bad reviews they give to the movie, they will always mention how Storm Shadow saves the day! :D I think BH is overwhelmed with all the praises he's been getting and it wud be a total disaster if he will not be included in the sequels.

Been seeing a lot of new names and so happy to read your thots on BH and thanks a lot for sharing all those pics, links on BH interviews, vods, etc. Kamsahmnida! :wub:

@ellabel

Hi, sorry for stalking you... but i see you frequent Lee Byung Hun's hot thread....

i sent you a pm, but you might not notice it (because of the new soompi)

Thanks~

-alodia

No worries, alodia.... Hehehe... u know that this bamboo forest is my haven.

I will check my PMs even if i dont see any notice that i get a message.

Btw, i know u will happy to know that i already finished City Hall and I totally love it.

janie dear.... u will miss 99% of your life if u will not watch GI Joe soon. Dont u want to see the talked about HUNnie awesome bod? :w00t: What's keeping you hunnie sis? pali!! pali!! :lol: Have a great vacation.... enjoy!

Errr... about WW.... i also got bored watching the drama that i just followed it in KBS World (not getting my own copy) and didnt mind missing a few eppies no matter how much i wub Binnie. :ph34r:

Just came back from watching GI Joe..

goosh when LBH first appeared in that full white suit and the close up to his face, it reminded me so much of his visit to singapore. lol..

His english definately sounded very different from his usual speaking. It was a less korean-english accent and more westernised. If one did not hear him speak english before, you would def think that he usually speaks like that in the movie.

A great show. I enjoyed it. I think he chose a good project to be in..in his very first appearance to hollywood.

Hi rainy!

I also am glad that BH chose this project for his very first Hollywood movie. He's one lucky dude tho i know he deserves all the recognition as he is truly a talented and hardworking actor.

I hope just like BH that he gets other roles, not from cartoons or action flicks in Hwd. He wud like to work with Cameron Crowe who did Jerry M. so a movie along that line wud be great.

:rolleyes: Great reviews about Hunnie as Storm Shadow is like everywhere..Me not a fan of GI Joe but will watch for the sake of Storm Shadow kicking richard simmons..and wow..Storm's big poster (at a bus-stop near my place..) is making heads turn and makes me want to take the local bus too..cool!.. and will snap a pic for Rubie.. :P

inezjang babe, am also not a fan of GI Joe or other films with the same genre but i enjoyed it a lot. Of corz, BH had a lot to do about me loving it. do share with us that cool pic of SS.

By the way, I noticed something between Storm Shadow and Baroness too....... it was subtle but it was there. I'd love for them to have a love story in the sequels even if there wasn't in the comics. Since Sienna Miller is pretty high profile, it would be good for LBH's career too.

Hello Happy_Day! :)

Hmmmm...... it wud be nice if BH will have a love story angle in the movie esp. if it's SM since as u said she's visible in Hwd plus she and BH have a certain kind of chemistry, looking good walking/acting together, she in her sekshi fitting black outfit and hair and he in his immaculate white costume and hawt bod. And, personally, i think they hit it off well. I'm sure u all saw from the interviews and promo gigs how SM smile, touch, look and interact with BH. ;) However, i still feel that Ana or the Baroness is for the Duke... they have a history..... so, maybe a new character as love interest for SS will be okay.

Saw the movie just now...

LBH is still hot to me.... i like the movie... think there will be part 2

Based on the interviews of Bh and Stephen Sommers, there will be sequels... didnt BH say he signed up for 3 sequels and will come back as Storm Shadow if they make them? With the movie's substantial box office results all over the world and growing praises for Storm Shadow, it wud be foolish not to do the sequels without LBH.

EXCLUSIVE: Byung-hun Lee - The Stormshadow Interview

CBM: I'm assuming you're signed on for sequels?

Byung-hun Lee: Three. And I would come back to play Stormshadow if they make them.

It took me so long to download this file, can someone help me to find some link related to this because it require me to download the whole video first before I see it. I really want to see it. :(

Elsie, do you have FlashGet? It's a download manager to help make downloading easier especially when the files are big and connection is slow. This way.. we don't have to leave the computer on for too long as the download can be resumed later.

Download FlashGet and install from http://flashget.en.softonic.com/

The file is actually a big file (we do have to download the whole clip first before viewing it).. that's why it takes longer. There are other similar clips on Youtube but most probably without the subs.

Similar clip but without the English subs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-UWrqR6S2E

Guest mailene28

oh, ive never seen those pictures ^^ from Korea press con. thank you so much for sharing rubie. they really got so close doing the movie.

Rachel Nichols likes Lee Byung Hun’s abs

It looks like Sienna Miller wasn't the only female G.I. Joe cast member that was smitten with veteran Korean actor Lee Byung Hun. According to Channel News Asia, it seems that fellow cast member Rachel Nichols was smitten with Lee Byung Hun's abs, not to mention she think he's hot, an excerpt from the article:

Whose idea was it to get Lee to take his shirt off?

Rachel Nichols (RN): Mine! I didn't even need to work that day; I just turned up on set anyway.

Marlon Wayans (MW): She was like: "Get his shirt off, get his shirt off!"

Lee Byung Hun (LBH): I had to work out so hard. I never drank - not even one bottle of beer. I had to be on a diet. I thought: "I'm not an actor; I'm a body builder." I was a little disappointed, though, because Stephen deleted a lot of those scenes.

Stephen Sommers (SS): He wanted slow motion shots! We'll probably put those in the DVD.

Rachel Nichols (RN): We'll make a whole movie out of those shots!

Stephen, what made you pick Lee for the role?

Stephen Sommers (SS): Someone showed me a movie of his - I can't remember which one now - and I thought: "He's a movie star." He projects so much with his eyes. There's something about this guy ... I don't know. I love him!

Rachel Nichols (RN) (To Stephen) I think all of your answers should be: "Because he's hot!"

Stephen Sommers (SS): Because he's hot! And I'm not gay!

The article also mentions that Marlon Wayans and Lee Byung Hun became best friends, which is pretty cool! Good to hear positive news for Lee Byung Hun in Hollywood!

Source : allkpop

http://www.allkpop.com/index.php/full_stor...byung_huns_abs/

Dear all...you are most welcome

Dear Rubie...you may upload onto the youtube to share with others...I can't upload youtube from office server ^^;;;;

Thanks so much Amaryllis, really appreciate the cool sharing but I can't upload on youtube either although I have an account. My pc's flash function doesn't work.. it's needed for the uploading. This dino pc.. installing a new software won't work either. :(

Can anyone here upload Amaryllis' sharing on Youtube or direct me to one so that we can post it at the news blog.. since GI opens.. we've got many visitors to the blog checking Byunghun out.

What a good 2-anniversary treat for 'Byunghun of our Heart.'. :)

Guest mailene28

wow, thank you willenette unni for the article. haha, he really has great abs. and oh my... :wub: so even those Hollywood stars were smitten by our hunnie. :blush: basing on their answers specially Sommers, im hopping there are still upcoming Hollywood movies he will participate in. uhmm, its from allkpop, i guess im gonna read articles from them already, just dont like some bashing and negative comments in there.

thank you everyone for all the wonderful sharings.

oopsie, i topped the page with no new articles and pix. :D

August 12, 2009

G.I. Joe The Rise of Cobra | Official Movie Site

Source: gijoemovie.com

BYUNG-HUN LEE (STORM SHADOW) is an international superstar who is recognized as one of the starters of the "Korean Boom" in television and film. Known as one of the "Four Kings" in Asia, Lee is the only actor to sell out the Tokyo Dome with 45,000 screaming fans. Having completed a 70,000-fan arena tour in Japan in 2007, he has solidified his position as one of Asia's top stars.

Lee was born in Seoul, South Korea, and originally wanted to be a film director of motion pictures but fell into acting. He started his acting career in 1991 with a Korean television drama, "Asphalt, My Hometown." Since then he has done many dramas on the small screen, including "Tomorrow Love," "Police," "Son of Wind," "White Knight 3.98," "Happy Together," "Beautiful Days" and "All In." Although much of his early success came from television dramas, Lee's real passion was for making films on the big screen.

His most recent films were Kim Jee Woon's "The Good, the Bad, and the Weird" and Tran Anh Hung's "I Come with the Rain." Other credits include Kim Jee Woon's "A Bittersweet Life," Park Chan Wook's "Three Extremes," "Everybody Has a Little Secret," "Addiction," "Bungee Jumping of Their Own" and Park Chan Wook's "Joint Security Area." He is currently in production on "IRIS," Korea's highest budgeted TV drama to date. Lee is currently an ambassador for UNICEF and Tourism Ambassador for France. He has also received France's Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters in 2006.

20090730bh1.jpeg

A review of a different kind.. major spoilers of Storm Shadow's background based on the comic HERE

Where the special effects are occasionally hit or miss, the sword scenes kick richard simmons. Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes elevate this film in ways that defy description. Not only is Byung-Hun Lee just plain hot, he and Ray Park bring it home ever single scene, mixing intelligence, strength, pathos, and passion. Their onscreen moments also remind us that all the tech in the world means very little when set against skill. The fact that Asian martial arts outshine both CGI and military weapons is perhaps a telling lesson for a film centered on GIs.