Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

May 7, 2024

Lee Byung Hun at the 60th Baeksang Art Awards: Highlights Part 1

LBH didn’t win the Best Actor trophy, but he sure came looking like a majestic trophy himself for his fans, and made some memorable moments at the event as well. 😎 

april-2024-05-07-16-32-09-173.jpg

Seriously the Baby Birdie effect is real….. he is glowing more than ever and exploding with cutest charms everyday. Ever since the first news of her during CU era, this man has been so full of surprises at events. Even the articles were saying, “Lee Byung hun’s healthy teeth is taking a break today”,😆“Was LBH always this cute?” Haha And he says, he still wants to keep the mysticism around him. Lol. His face always looks the prettiest during Baeksang, but that hair is making it 10x better. He is so pretty!! 🥰 

april-2024-05-07-16-33-48-223.jpg

Ms. Lee Beautiful and Mr. Lee Gwiomi(Cutie) on their date at the 60th Baeksang Awards! 🥰 

GIF-20240507-134736-738.gif

Alexa, play “super shy’ by New Jeans. 😂 btw was he tearing up was he just fooling around with the camera? 😂 This is my first time knowing them being present in the same award show together and LBH watching her in real time. He looked so proud and amused. They’ve truly come such a long way together. This is one of my happiest moments as a fan. I am just imagining baby Joon Hoo watching his parents live from home. Their dinner conversation today would be so much fun! 🥰 

here’s the link for LBH’s red carpet: @leebh_0712 on twitter. 

LMJ’s clip where she came as a presenter with her former co-star Shin Ha kyun: https://youtu.be/rbGATvH29Wg?si=1QgnYsSRwQwmJ7MR

• Like 2
  • Love 3

May 7, 2024 

Lee Byung hun tribute speech at the 60th Baeksang Arts Awards: Highlights Part 2 

LBH’s tribute speech to honor the 60th Anniversary of Baeksang Arts Awards, and his introductory speech to welcome a special performance “What is Art?” by a veteran actor Lee Soon Jae. He started his speech with Baeksang’s history, it’s prestige, honor and devotion to uplift the cultural artists of South Korea, and it’s broad coverage over the years from domestic to global media like OTT. But I will just translate the little personal touch he added in the speech here. 

There is no correct answer to the acting I do. Sometimes I wonder if my acting is good or not, and at those moments, I often fall into a swamp of vague loneliness and suffering. Every time that happens, when the public praise comes back to me like the Baeksang Arts Awards, I feel great comfort that I cannot express in words, knowing that I am not taking the wrong path. I hope that the Baeksang Arts awards will continue to be a source of great comfort and light for Korean cultural artists until such passionate purpose goes beyond the 60th anniversary and reaches the 100th and 200th anniversaries.

Now, I’d like to present an artist who has been agonized his whole life with the question, ‘What is Art?’ From now onwards, I’d like to look back on the story of his pure passion with you all.” 

april-2024-05-07-20-40-27-902.jpg

During his special performance, which was set up like an audition, where veteran actor Lee Soon Jae appeared as an artist giving the audition, he was asked if there are artists he would like to work with in the future. He answered that he’d like to work with actors Choi Min Sik and Lee Byung Hun, and praised them and sent his love call to work together one day. For LBH he said, “Oh and our actor Lee Byung Hun, it’d have been great to do action, but at this age it is not possible to fight and do action anymore. So, how about a Korean version of ‘Godfather’? I will play the character of Marlon Brando and our LBH will be best for the role of Al Pacino. If there was anything, make sure you remember this.”  *it was funny how LBH looked towards CMS’s side when he mentioned this because CMS is considered a Korean godfather himself. Lol* 

GIF-20240507-135424-436.gif

I remember he called LBH “Byung Hunnie” in this video and it seemed like they were close. 

Veteran actor Lee Soon Jae expressed his willingness to work with LBH, and I remembered he did a cameo for LBH’s Brawl Stars TVCF back in 2019. He did a cameo with his “Grandpa over flowers” costars and LBH’s dialogues and expressions were hilarious in that episode because they were his great seniors in the industry, and he was talking about sending them to afterlife. The way he suddenly changed from lion to mouse in this scene and greeted them was hilarious! 😆 I am surprised they haven’t worked together before in a project. LBH’s character barely ever have father in his drama/movies except his real father cameo in Red2, so not sure about Godfather, but maybe a father figure like Hwang Eun San in Mr. Sunshine would be a good one, I think. 

Here’s the link for his speech: https://youtu.be/5ZQdLnRlli0?si=s65rG0KFzTL30zit

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

May 8, 2024 

Lee Byung Hun at the 60th Baeksang Arts Awards: Highlights Part 3

There was this little interactive corner during the ceremony where host Shin Dong Yeop talked with the audience members, and he started with Lee Byung hun bestie, of course.

SDY: Let’s start with Lee Byung hun ssi, because he is someone who’s won Baeksang trophy for 7 times already. That’s why unlike other award ceremonies, I think Baeksang awards must feel more comfortable and friendly. What do you think?

LBH: I think I did receive a lot of awards at Baeksang awards, thats why it is the award ceremony I always feel grateful for. 

SDY: Yes. You know unlike other award ceremonies, when we interview people at Baeksang, we always do a close up shot of people, and others could feel a bit flustered during those moments, but it seems our actors here aren’t feeling that awkward at all. So, lastly, Lee Byung hun ssi, could you please show your trademark wide smile to the viewers of Baeksang? And I am not talking about your regular smile here, but that smile you had in your Donut TVCFs from the 90s as if you just got paid your modeling fees. 🤣 please do it in the camera. 

LBH: Oh here? Hello. I am Lee Byung hun. I know you guys have been waiting for a long time, but sooner or later, I will come back with a good projects. Please wait for me a little more. Thank you very much! 

GIF-20240507-143731-311.gif

Because of this I got to revisit this Donut TVCF after such a long time, and LBH really did his pose of biting his donut like in the advertisement naturally while he was asked by his friend. I know Shin Dong Yeop and LBH’s friendship goes back a long way, and I am sure there was some inside joke about his smile too, because that specific details about “smile as if you just got paid your modeling fees” was so bff coded. Lol. Shin Dong Yeop saw his chance and took it! LBH looked so adorable.:D 

The 90s Dunkin Donuts TVCF in question. 😆 

april-2024-05-07-23-48-54-749.jpg

His eyes! His eyes!😍 his Dunkin donut TVCF is one of my all-time favorite. He looks so pretty and his eyes have that mischievous sparkle but at the same time so deep and mysterious that you can’t help but feel drawn to them. 

Link: https://youtu.be/4OBrPjW_Mkw?si=b5q3Hnsd_2W4d2vi

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

May 8, 2024 

Lee Byung Hun IG update 

Rehearsing for his tribute speech for Baeksang’s 60th Anniversary and veteran actor Lee Soon Jae. 🌹 But why do I feel like if i stare at this pics long enough it’s suddenly going to move as he starts break dancing and do body rolls? Haha… 

april-2024-05-08-11-36-49-866.jpg

With BH family

(That phone case looks like it’s made by artist Joon Hoo… since his car is also full of stickers. Lol) 

april-2024-05-08-01-05-34-061.jpg

📸 from BH Entertainment IG 

Team Concrete Utopia at Baeksang 📸 Director Uhm Tae Hwa IG 

Spoiler

Screenshot-20240507-111338-Instagram.jpg

• Like 4

May 8, 2024 

[NEWS] Korean Actor Lee Byung Hun has joined a Hangeul Wall Project in New York

A huge 22-meter-high 'Hangeul wall' is erected on the Korean Cultural Center's new building in Manhattan, New York, USA.

According to the Korean Cultural Center in New York on the 7th (local time), this work is part of the 'Hangeul Wall Project' which involves creating a large mural in the Korean Cultural Center building in colllaboration with world-renowned installation artist Kang Ik-joong.

These Hangul letters in beautiful multi-color palette is the message of LBH for the project, along with his name at the end. Quoting here the caption on Korean cultural center NY IG post, “If you lose strength, you’ll gain greater strength. LBH’s message reminds us that overcoming challenges not only strengthens us, but also leads to incredible personal growth.” It’s a perfect message from him and resonates so much with his own personal journey as an actor throughout the years. 👏 👏 

april-2024-05-08-23-37-41-124.jpg

📸 Korean Cultural center NY IG 

Famous actors have already started participating. Lee Byung-hun left a message saying, ‘If you lose strength, you will gain greater strength.’ Lee Ha-nui sent the phrase, “You can be friends with everyone,” and Han Hyo-joo sent the phrase, “Good relationships last forever.” Kang Ik-jung laughed and said, “Tens of millions of people from all over the world may participate, so log on to the site right now.”

뉴욕한국문화원 한글벽 예상도. 작품은 오는 9월 공개될 예정이다. [사진: 뉴욕한국문화원] 

The Hangul wall, which will be produced through various participations, will be released in September. For the month of May, you can create your own Hangul work by visiting the project website (www.hangeulwall.org) anywhere in the world and entering the phrase under the theme of 'The story you want to share with the world'. English users can enter English and automatically convert it to Korean.

Source: here

😊 P.S. It’s a little TMI, but like the project says, I participated in creating my own message as well and it was fun. I just submitted mine adding my own colors and message. I wrote,

“Your life should be lived at your own pace.”, with my name at the end. This line resonates with me the most as I’ve lived most of my life with other people’s expectations, constantly in fear of being left behind, and being told I am not enough for my age. This is one of the affirmation I tell myself, so that I wouldn’t lose myself in the hurdle and rush of life. You can participate free at HERE  ENJOY!! 💜 

Spoiler

2134-20240509002141.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Ephoenix said:

May 8, 2024 

[NEWS] Korean Actor Lee Byung Hun has joined a Hanguel Wall Project in New York

A huge 22-meter-high 'Hangeul wall' is erected on the Korean Cultural Center's new building in Manhattan, New York, USA.

According to the Korean Cultural Center in New York on the 7th (local time), this work is part of the 'Hangeul Wall Project' which involves creating a large mural in the Korean Cultural Center building in colllaboration with world-renowned installation artist Kang Ik-joong.

These Hangul letters in beautiful multi-color palette is the message of LBH for the project, along with his name at the end. Quoting here the caption on Korean cultural center NY IG post, “If you lose strength, you’ll gain greater strength. LBH’s message reminds us that overcoming challenges not only strengthens us, but also leads to incredible personal growth.” It’s a perfect message from him and resonates so much with his own personal journey as an actor throughout the years. 👏 👏 

april-2024-05-08-23-37-41-124.jpg

📸 Korean Cultural center NY IG 

Famous actors have already started participating. Lee Byung-hun left a message saying, ‘If you lose strength, you will gain greater strength.’ Lee Ha-nui sent the phrase, “You can be friends with everyone,” and Han Hyo-joo sent the phrase, “Good relationships last forever.” Kang Ik-jung laughed and said, “Tens of millions of people from all over the world may participate, so log on to the site right now.”

뉴욕한국문화원 한글벽 예상도. 작품은 오는 9월 공개될 예정이다. [사진: 뉴욕한국문화원] 

The Hangul wall, which will be produced through various participations, will be released in September. For the month of May, you can create your own Hangul work by visiting the project website (www.hangeulwall.org) anywhere in the world and entering the phrase under the theme of 'The story you want to share with the world'. English users can enter English and automatically convert it to Korean.

Source: here

😊 P.S. It’s a little TMI, but like the project says, I participated in creating my own message as well and it was fun. I just submitted mine adding my own colors and message. I wrote,

“Your life should be lived at your own pace.”, with my name at the end. This line resonates with me the most as I’ve lived most of my life with other people’s expectations, constantly in fear of being left behind, and being told I am not enough for my age. This is one of the affirmation I tell myself, so that I wouldn’t lose myself in the hurdle and rush of life. You can participate free at HERE  ENJOY!! 💜 

Hide contents

2134-20240509002141.png

Thank you Ephoenix for this info, I wanted to vote for you but I did not find your creation. I also created mine and here is my philosophy: "A smile can cure all ills."😊

Spoiler

2249-20240509134903.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Annelyse Court said:

Thank you Ephoenix for this info, I wanted to vote for you but I did not find your creation. I also created mine and here is my philosophy: "A smile can cure all ills."😊

Reveal hidden contents

You're welcome, @Annelyse Court ❤️ 

That is indeed a beautiful message. 

I voted on yours using your name as a keyword. Here's my proof of shot 🤪 Don't forget to vote for LBH, too. Hehe

You can vote me using my name as a keyword to search. It's 엘리자 in Hangul. Thank you 😘🙏 

Spoiler

april-2024-05-09-11-09-43-183.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

May 9, 2024 

Lee Byung Hun was behind Hwang Jung Min by just one vote for the Best Actor category at the 60th Baeksang Arts Awards.

20230709-161510.jpg

(I find it interesting that Hwang Jung Min's character in his winning movie was based on a tyrannical leader who usurped power after the assassination of President Park by the KCIA Director that LBH's character is based on. That's why I specifically needed Kim Gyu Pyung meme for this! 😆)

As usual the article about the selection process and ranking after the Baeksang Award ceremony is here. I am sharing an excerpt from the above mentioned article describing the process in detail. 

The actor category, which raises expectations every year, was a competitive battle as usual this year. In particular, the Best Male Actor category, which was referred to as the 'Group of Death' from the moment the candidates were revealed, was the subject of heated debate to the extent that some even said it was 'the most difficult' among all categories in the judging process in recent years. Approximately five rounds of difficult discussions and voting were held, and the final results were not easily reached. After narrowing it down to Hwang Jung-min of 'Seoul Spring', Lee Byung-hun of 'Concrete Utopia', and Choi Min-sik of 'Exhuma', the final battle was between Hwang Jung-min and Lee Byung-hun. The judges supporting Hwang Jung-min and the judges supporting Lee Byung-hun spent a considerable amount of time trying to persuade each other without breaking their respective opinions. The judges who raised their voices for Lee Byung-hun said, "There were many moments where Lee Byung-hun made up for the shortcomings in the scenario with his acting. He is the actor who saved the movie," and "In terms of energy, none of the five actors have anything to talk about. However, Lee Byung-hun created the sense of suspense and thriller with his acting in the movie which could've easily turned anticlimactic." he claimed, and I thought, ‘He’s renewing himself again like this.’ I think no one can beat Lee Byung-hun with acting.” The judges who supported Hwang Jung-min said, "It is a great challenge to choose a real-life person who is so well-known, and we highly value this. It is not an easy decision at all. Because of Hwang Jung-min, the role of Jeon Doo-gwang was created as a new character rather than a real person." “I think the value of the drastic change was great,” “When he burst out laughing in the bathroom, it felt like he was making the audience surrender,” “I daresay he was an exceptional person who moved the audience with his anger, giving a performance that will go down in film history.” “It once again confirmed the viability of not only the character but also actor Hwang Jung-min,” he emphasized. After a sharp confrontation, Hwang Jung-min defeated Lee Byung-hun by only 1 vote in the final judging, winning his first Baeksang trophy 30 years after his debut.

➡️ This is another excerpt from the interview article of Editing Director Han Mi Yeon where she talks about how she had to edit LBH's scene out because his acting was too good it overshadowed his co-stars.😳 

"I get deeply concerned when editing a movie touches on a character. During ‘Concrete Utopia’, Lee Byung-hun (Young Tak) was the problem. The humane character should be revealed in many different ways, but Lee Byung-hun acted so well that all the other characters were buried. In particular, Lee Byung-hun's passionate performance of 'Apartment' was so strong that there was a great concern that it would become a 'Lee Byung-hun top movie'. After discussion, the scene where Young Tak was haunted by his demons and his inner guilt was emphasized was edited out. Director Han said, “Director Uhm was born in the 1980s , so we were able to persuade him because we got along well with him.”

Sources: naver1 naver2 

Just me reading these articles.... "he is so good that no one can beat him in acting... and BECAUSE he is too good, his scenes needs to be edited out." Like.... 

NYABOZ

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

*** After the Baeksang event, many took to their Instagram accounts to share photos taken together with other stars at the event.  :kitty:

BH Entertainment actors
Lee Byung Hun, Kim Go Eun, Jang Dong Yoon, Lee Hee Joon, Joo Jong Hyuk

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6qz1TwPhnW/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=5c767c33-7f16-4aa9-891a-a95c75c7abb5&img_index=1

• Like 2

May 11, 2024 

Lee Min Jung has joined the Hangeul Wall project in New York! 

“It’s okay to fall down as long as you get back up.” 💪 

april-2024-05-11-18-51-48-707.jpg

📸 @kccny IG 

Celebrated actress Lee Min Jung is on our journey. Like she mentioned, lets have the resilience and determination to recover from the setbacks in our lives and continue moving forward.” 

Guys, you can actually vote multiple times a day to multiple people at the same time. I don’t think this applies to celebrities but the ones getting the higher likes have more chance to be on the wall apparently. Also, her English name there is Lee Min-Jeong if using Hangul is difficult. So keep voting!! 🗳~

• Like 4

May 12, 2024

Lee Byung Hun’s congratulatory video clip to celebrate the exhibition “Confession to the Earth”, in which he is also participating as an audio docent. 

Hello, this is Lee Byung-hun. A very special photo exhibition recording todays precarious Earth as seen from continents around the world, oceans around the world, and skies around the world will be held at Chungmu Art Center’s gallery Sindang from April 18th to September 8th.” 🌏 

According to previous article shared on this project, LBH will participate as an audio docent in the first exhibition ‘Confession to the Earth.’ A total of 16 of the exhibited works are explained in his unique and appealing voice. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C62ks0lOd2_/?igsh=Y2xlMmc0bHE4aGp3

UPDATE

All the 16 videos that LBH participated as an audio docent are uploaded in the youtube channel of this project. I will only link one video. Rest are all under the same channel. 

• Sink Rise_Joel by Cliff (Nick Brandt): https://youtu.be/ocu-t1Ie3mI?si=GGYOcS-iYzZmSSti
  • Hong Kong soup(Mandy Barker): 
  • N*TGMSIR05(Tom Hegen) 
  • Eviction_07(Ingmar Bjorn Nolting) 
  • STILL(FFS)-SKY(Mandy Barker) 
  • Alice, Stanley and Najin Kenya 2020(Nick Brandt) 
  • Fatuma, Ali and Bupa (Nick Brandt) 
  • Najin and people in fog (Nick Brandt) 
  • Penalty08(Mandy Barker)
  • N*TSFS20(Tom Hegen) 
  • N*TGES05(Tom Hegen) 
  • Eviction_15(Inmar Bjorn Nolting)
  • Eviction (Inmar Bjorn Nolting) 
  • On the shore of a vanishing island14(Lee Daesung) 
  • Futuristic Archeology 01(Lee Daesung) 
  • Futuristic Archeology 02(Lee Daesung) 
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

May 14, 2024 

Lee Byung Hun’s narration for the 7th Anniversary of golf community ‘The Greencup’, featuring cameo by Ahn Sang Goo :lol:

LBH sure is busy donating his voice in every possible project these days. Just this year alone he did it from K-pop mv to Climate change Exhibition to Baeksang Special stage to now The Greencup Golf community, which he is also a member of. His treasure like deep voice sure is being immortalized in so many projects other than his dramas and movies. National Mukbang and ASMR King!!🤴👈:D 

20240514-175040.gif

Fun edit: Ahn Sang Goo Vs. Lee Byung Hun lol (Looks like LBH won 😜

It was probably this goofy man LBH’s own idea to make people laugh but it was really funny how they used Ahn Sang Goo’s clip from ‘Inside Men:The Original’ for their video, where his past was revealed as he was taken under his wing by that nutcase Lee Kang Hee and was getting accustomed to the rich lifestyle, and golf was part of it. 🤣 You can see actor Baek Yun-sik at the back too. I wonder if this was possible because of the location being from the same company because copyright  and everything, you know! 

Also, look at his curly permed hair in the close-up shot hahah…..(worst hair that LBH’s character ever had imo😉)

Spoiler

april-2024-05-14-11-28-28-367.jpg

april-2024-05-14-11-29-16-138.jpg

Blurred Byung Hun in 440p, but this one is the recent one with his same golf hat. Let’s hope we get HD pics from this as well like last year. Now, we know the reason why only his right hand has the worst sunburn. It’s so uneven that it was noticeable even in his CU era profile shoot. 😂 

Not yet uploaded in their official youtube channel but here’s LBH’s voice narration clip: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C68FnS3JqT_/?igsh=NmY3bW96Z25oY2Q5

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

May 15, 2024

BH Entertainment released some BHIND pics of LBH from the 60th Baeksang Arts Awards 

IMG-4187.jpg

This could be the reason why we didn’t get ‘On the way to Baeksang’ passport selfie this time because LBH was there way ahead than anybody else to prepare for his special stage speech in his casual outfit, and also the fact that the audiences weren’t prepared for his surprise appearance on the stage either. His hands were tied, I see. 🙃 

IMG-5477.jpg

Making sure that his shirt’s sleeves are exactly 1.5cm out under his coat 😉 

Spoiler

IMG-3888.jpg

Spoiler

image.jpg

More pictures: BHEnt 

Also, some adorable clips of LBH and LMJ were surfacing from The 7th Greencup Day party. It was fun to see LBH blushing and avoiding the camera as he went on that little stage to receive his lucky draw gift hampers. We always saw this man with his best actor trophies, so he looked like a shy teen student receiving those gift bags, and hiding his face, while his friends are cheering him at the back, lol. 

Some twitter links since I don’t know the original IG sources. From @leebh_0712 ♥️ 

Spoiler

‘Nice Birdie!’ couple 😉 from @hundailyy ♥️ 

Spoiler

BHIND vlog released by BH Entertainment from the 60th Baeksang Arts Awards in their YouTube channel. 

https://youtu.be/D1cNfE1IDEA?si=nEZ4VH-jmZYDKf3j

• Like 3
  • Love 1

*** Lee Jung Jae (who plays Seong Gi Hun in Squid Game) recently revealed in a Business Insider interview, that season 2 is slated to witness an OTT release in December. Though Netflix hasn’t confirmed anything yet, I am looking forward to the premiere.   :heart3:

• Like 2

May 21, 2024 

Lee Byung Hun’s recent episode where he mistakenly went inside the wrong funeral hall, told by his besties Shin Dong Yeob and Song Seung Heon in YouTube channel ‘Zzan Bro Shin Dong yeob’

Recently, Song Seung Heon appeared as a guest in Shin Dong yeob’s youtube channel, zzan bro, and shared many annecdotes of them three throughout the episode. 

5-E7-D4-DA7-7557-4-C78-8-F8-A-3-AEF06696

1. They were talking about golf and how they got into it, and SDY shared a funny moment when he took rookie golfers LBH and SSH to play for the first time together.

SDY: At that time, It hadn’t been that long since SSH started learning golf, and Byung Hunnie, even though he had started golfing for a while, he wasn’t that good yet. So, we went together for the first time(to play golf), and as soon as we went in there, it was a chaos because all the workers there and caddies started coming to look at them. They kept thanking me for bringing LBH and SSH along. So, they started playing, and since SSH was new to golf, his ball was flying in all directions, but their caddie was excited and working hard to get those balls for them. Byung Hunnie was also hitting in all directions. Once it was all over, their exhausted caddie’s eyes were completely sunken as if saying….. “handsome? whatever…they are nothing.” So I said to her, “They really look good in person, don’t they?”, and she replied panting, “No, they don’t. You’re the most handsome one!” So, there was days like that when I was handsome, too. 😂

*That poor caddie girl, these rookie golfers totally broke her illusion for real.*🤣 

2. They were talking about their first time social experiences as an young adult in 20s and how they learned so many things for the first time and also in the most funny way. 

SSH: Since we are taking about it, it reminded me of another case of myself. It was during the time when Byung Hun Hyungie’s father had passed away. You know usually when you are in your 20s, you don’t have many moments of attending a funeral home, right? But somehow at that funeral home, I happened to be the one at the front to pay my respect. So I asked other older brothers behind me to go at the front, but they kept telling me to go ahead. So I became the one to go first. I had heard before that you have to bow twice and half to pay respect. I did my first full bow and second one as well, but at that moment I really wasn’t sure what ‘half bow’ meant, and as I was wondering, I did my half bow like this (Half forward bend-Yoga pose 🤣)…. I am really not kidding. It wasn’t something I did intentionally, I really didn’t know what it was. 

(SDY showing how to do Half bow)

SSH: It wasn’t something to laugh about as it was a solemn place, but all the hyungs behind me were biting their lips trying to hold their laughter. I talked  about this to Byung Hunnie Hyung later on, and he laughed again. 😂 

SSH’s ‘Half bow’ as he demonstrated in the episode. I swear it made me burst into laughter. I bet it haunts him forever. 🤣 

Spoiler

4-F2-B2155-B5-AC-4-C8-B-B3-B5-E5-B8528-F

3. Since they all started sharing their first time funeral home stories and stories they heard of people during their first time there, SSH mentioned there was another one with LBH which was recent, and SDY went on to fully reenact the whole scenario. 

SSH: If we talk about these incidents from a funeral home, there are so many. There is one recent episode with Byung hunnie Hyung as well. 

SDY: Oh yeah yeah. We had a very close friend of ours whose father had passed away. Three of us had known him for decades. So, everyone was coming and going inside the funeral hall, and Byung Hunnie said he will come later. But he was a bit late even though he said he will be there soon. I kept wondering where he went because he said he was right in front of the hospital. But the thing is, Byung hunnie had gone inside the funeral hall by himself. Even the person who was collecting the condolence money at the front was surprised to see him apparently, but he went along…After dropping the envelope, and writing his name on the register, Byung hunnie took his shoes off and went in, surprising even the mourning family members. He had wondered a bit after not seeing his friend among the chief mourners, but he thought his friend must have gone to attend a condolence call or something like that, and thought of paying his respect since he is there already. He knew his friend’s father had passed away, but as he bowed and looked up, the portrait picture of the deceased person was a female. He was supposed to go inside the room 32, but he had gone inside room 31, and did all that.🤣 

035-FDD3-C-57-E3-4-C75-8-CAF-025-C1-AAE7

SDY: But the main struggle was from this moment. You know he had already put his condolence money in the box, and since the mourner is his close friend, the money he had given was not a small amount. As he was not sure what to do and was about to leave, the person from their side came in and thankfully told us to take back his condolence money. They had to unlock that box, and take everything out, and find the envelop that had Lee Byung hun written on it. And Byung hunnie kept apologizing. It was a real-real story! Right?

SSH: It was one of those moment where he couldn’t even go and ask if they could give back the condolence money, but thankfully they themselves realized the misunderstanding and suggested returning it.  

SDY: It was so awkward to even wait for everything, and the fact that it was non other than LEE BYUNG HUN! 🤣 

Guest: Wow! This was the insane one among the stories from funeral homes. //

Spoiler

bhredcarpet-0-20240521-220002.gif

Of course he'll be wearing black but this is the exact awkward apologetic face I thought of his when I imagined him waiting for his condolence money to be found among the pile of envelopes. 🤣 Honestly, the more I try to imagine, the funnier it gets, especially If you try to think of LBH’s other socially awkward face throughout the whole situation. I just cant imagine what went inside his mind when he looked up and saw the portrait was not his friend’s father. And they said it happened not so long ago haha….. Thankfully, his besties were there for him to share the embarrassment. Those first time moments reminded me of my own first experience when I was 15-16, and was attending a relatives’ funeral. It was a low-key traumatic experience for me as I was scolded for my mistakes by a female relative, and not knowing my own customs, but hearing their experiences in a lighter way sure made me feel relieved that it was completely normal. And it was my first time seeing SSH talk this much! Maybe it was the alcohol but he was cute :) 

Link to youtube channel: https://youtu.be/FH2tT1OHl18?si=ZDDHosnxAw4pKDys

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

May 22, 2024

MJ♥️BH from The 7th Green Cup Day!! 💚 

april-2024-05-22-20-11-17-322.jpg

I initially thought I’d wait for more postings from the event and collectively update but looks like they don’t have much content this season. This one is from the short interview they did with the members on ‘What food do you want to eat right now?’ 

LMJ said she wants Ice-cream, and I eagerly waited for LBH’s answer out of curiosity of course on his taste but this man had to be that unpredictable one in the crowd as always and say, “He is full”, and give that donut smile afterwards. 😏

Spoiler

GIF-20240519-192410-310.gif

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7JEtdwJwUq/?igsh=MWZ4Zm15aTIzMDAweg==

Finally, some update pics! 💚 

Screenshot-20240524-061453-Instagram.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot-20240524-061619-Instagram.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot-20240524-061510-Instagram.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7WK4CTSa5m/?igsh=MTI2Zm1rdWFia3p5ag==

• Like 4

4 K-Dramas And Movies That Feel Like Summer

Summer is nearly here, which means you get the yearly permission to relax and make the most of the warm days ahead.

It is also the perfect time to chill with your favorite K-dramas. Summer is often a metaphor for nostalgia, the first brush of love, a time to rekindle a long-forgotten romance, or even start afresh. Here are four K-dramas and movies which celebrate summer in its many shades and even have summer in their titles.

“Once in a Summer”

once-in-a-summer.jpeg

A true blast from the past, this 2006 film stars Lee Byung Hun as Professor Yun Suk Young and Soo Ae as Seo Jung In.

Professor Yun is asked by one of his students, now an assistant producer, to appear on her TV series, which looks at relocating long-lost loved ones from the guest’s past. Though initially hesitant, Yun Suk Young agrees. He relives the memories of a summer long gone by, 50 years to be precise. The year was 1969, when he, along with his friends, had traveled to a remote village. He encounters the cheerful and happy Jung In, the sole custodian of the village library. As the two get to know each other, their relationship faces turbulence as Jung In harbors dark secrets and the volatile political climate of the country further adds fuel, and the couple is faced with unforeseen circumstances.

This film is a mellow story of past love, heartbreak, and the desire to go back in time to seek answers to questions that still seem unfathomable. Lee Byung Hun, who portrays Yun Suk Young’s 50-year journey, is fabulous as the one-time reckless young man to an old man looking back at the wonder years and love of his youth. Keep the tissues handy as this love story will make you cry.

credit : soompi news