5626b2ebjw1eg4zk3pbbfj20800dct8y.jpg
5626b2ebjw1eg4zk4i0ugj20hs0qo75b.jpg
5626b2ebjw1eg5065a380j20bo0fj3ze.jpg
5626b2ebjw1eg5065x9z6j20bo0kqmxm.jpg
5626b2ebjw1eg5067j4isj20bo0kqjry.jpg
5626b2ebjw1eg5068laeej20bo0kq0t6.jpg
Cr: naver via tagged

Guest Jocelyn Chow

Hi,!!@luluwannagohome,thanks so much for sharing update filming pics from our lovely Jis, so exciting to watch his news drama.. :\"> :x 8->

Btw welcome to newbie HuaT,so glad to meet you join these Jis thread.. >:D< :x

@sunshine4ever - as you are the Moderator I am sorry the below post is a bit off-topic.  I just felt guilty about not replying to older posts of @everythingnothing and @timi163 - so I hope it's okay if I do this now even though (so many new and exciting things are happening in this thread at the moment related to "It's Ok...."!).  I will try to be better from now on and reply quicker :) so my apologies to anyone who's not happy with me messing up the thread lol.

@timi163 - yes, I have seen Frozen Flower.  It was because of this movie that I became interested in JIS and in his other projects. I thought the movie was of very high quality and JIS was very good in it.    

And yes, I confess I enjoyed watching that "bear hug" in the latest Winix CF which probably makes me very shallow lol. 

@everythingnothing, please, please accept my apologies for not replying to your post of 15 April (?!).  I feel awful and I hope you will forgive me.  I think your questions made me ponder and in the end I forgot to reply.  It was very rude of me!  So even though I am very late with this reply, I hope you won't be offended :) 

Uhmm, I'm not sure how to quote properly in the thread, so I'll just do this:-

@everythingnothing "I like A Dirty Carnival the most out of Yoo Ha's works but I don't think you will like it because you don't like brutal and violence films, right?"

I thought about what you wrote and I figured I didn't express myself properly with my first post.  When I described Frozen Flower as "brutal and violent" - I probably just should've said that I find it VERY hard to watch movies (and usually avoid them) where someone is tortured or humiliated and I was specifically thinking of the scenes like Han Baek being tortured and Hong Lim being castrated in FF when I wrote this.  Otherwise (compared to so many other movies FF is not actually that violent).  
I would like to take your advice and watch Dirty Carnival.  I will tell you what I think once I've seen it (I have to get it first)  :).  I was impressed with Yoo Ha enough to make me want to see it.
Violence in movies doesn't bother me provided it's not just senseless violence for the sake of it and that there is some message behind it all (even if I do find some scenes uncomfortable to watch).  I definitely enjoy good action movies.  Very often I found that so much depends on a Director and whether they are successful in portraying their point across and for bringing out the best in their actors.  I believe that Yoo Ha has done that with JIS in Frozen Flower. 
Do you know which scene gives me the goosebumps the most in FF?  The scene at the end of the movie when Hong Lim returns to the Palace, confronts his "team" of guards and asks them to let him through to see the King.  Just the very expression JIS has on his face when he whispers quietly to the guards to get out of his way because he does not want to fight them (which in the end he is forced to do anyway).  And also the scene when he tells the King he's there to take his life.  I could've given JIS an Oscar for those moments alone - the way he portrayed the transition from a relatively happy, care-free King's lover (at the beginning of the movie) to a man who has lost everything, you can almost feel the weight of the world on his shoulders.  I was totally engrossed in those scenes and in the character JIS portrayed.  This can only be achieved if someone is a genuinely good actor.  
And I know we often joke here or admire how "cute" JIS is but the reality is - it wouldn't have mattered how beautiful he is IF he couldn't convince us of the characters he portrays - whether it's Hong Lim, Oh Soo or many other characters he has portrayed to date.  It's like meeting people in real life - sure, at first we might be attracted to them because of their good looks BUT if there is no substance to their personality you lose interest. 
If anyone here feels like it and has the time - I would love to know what made you interested in JIS in the first place (was it a movie? a TV Series? etc., etc.).   I really, really admire and respect his longtime fans (I have seen some names here that go as far as 2005 - now that's impressive.  JIS is very lucky to have such fans!). 
Now, wish me all good luck - I'm about to sit down and watch for the first time the last 2 episodes of TWTWB (Episode 15 & 16) - and I am truly scared of the end .... <sigh>.  Don't worry I won't be posting on this thread (after I have seen it) and I will probably post on the TWTWB thread (for some therapy lol), even if the thread is finished :).

@moniw18 " so my apologies to anyone who's not happy with me messing up the thread" no, surely everyone here is happy when many JIS fans are active on this thread :) visit and talk with us often, dear.

"And yes, I confess I enjoyed watching that "bear hug" in the latest Winix CF which probably makes me very shallow lol." LOL me too I really like this CF ...his hands *screaming* JIS and Lee Elijah (Wonderful Days) look cute together in the CF.

For your apology, why? I don't mind, I'm sure you read all of our posts.

:x

I have been a fan of JIS since Shoot for the Stars but I like his characters the most in A Dirty Carnival and That Winter The Wind Blows, I always like a complex characer and I am sure I will love his character in IOIL. I think many people here started to like him from What Happened in Bali, the drama that made him really famous in Korea.

Guest luluwannagohome

LoVe Cartier said: https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1QPE5E0ido
@luluwannagohome i know it's time consuming to do the sub. i tried my best with my bad grammar. you can correct me if you find there's mistake in the translation.

Thank you @LoVe Cartier and @everythinothing for sharing that info!  WOW - you guys are experts on JIS's work! I love the little insights into each role, very interesting read.
@LoVe Cartier no need to explain/justify that you're the "odd one out" for liking or enjoying aspects of movies that are different to other people's views.  I am constantly amazed (after joining this forum) at the variety of opinions/thoughts/feelings on every movie/TV series that JIS has done.  I think it just reminds us that we are all individuals and there are different aspects of a movie/TV series that will appeal to us and that's how it should be. (Sort of like "art", 10 people can see the same painting but it will have a different meaning for every person).
I enjoy reading other people's opinions and thoughts even if they are different to mine (I just can't tolerate when people are really abusive or mean but thank God that's not the case here lol).  
@everythingnothing you are truly a good sport.  Thanks for your comments and understanding :).

@"LoVe Cartier"‌ "his guilty expression left a deep impression in my memory even at the moment. )" It's not only guilty feeling for sure, he loves the king but the relationship between him and the queen is just purely a lust.

"spring days" (prefer this drama over what happened in bali. see? i told you i'm strange." You are not strange. I also like him in Spring Days, like I always said his acting is unique and you can obviously see it in Spring Days. Some said he acted too childish to be a doctor but for me, it's "no" It's the way he interpreted the roles as Noh Hee Kyung praised him in That Winter The Wind Blows, he always made the characters he acted more complicated. Ko Hyung Jung and JIS' acting in Spring Days made the drama not boring.

But JIS acting reminds me a little bit of Choi Min Sik, that's why some critics said he will be next Choi Min Sik.

@moniw18 You're welcome, dear :x