4. MBC “Black Out”
  5. JTBC “Romance in the House”
  6. tvN “No Gain No Love”
  7. KBS2 “Perfect Family”
  8. KBS2 “Beauty and Mr. Romantic
  9. KBS1 “Su Ji and U Ri
  10. MBN “Bad Memory Eraser

credit : soompi news

*** Sigh..... Bad memory Eraser is always with less than 1% rating. It's failing to meet my expectations. IDK what's the standard or expected rating for a station like MBN. This drama is doing that bad. It seem to have a consistent crowd, 0.3%. I'm not happy at all.   :cries3:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of August 26-Sept. 1, 2024

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-august-26-sept-1-2024/#google_vignette

Friday, August 30      
Black Out 5 MBC 5.1%
Bad Memory Eraser 9 MBN 0.3%
Good Partner 10 SBS 15.5%

Saturday, August 31      
Cinderella at 2AM 3 Channel A 0.4%
Romance in the House 7 JTBC 3.3%
Beauty and Mr. Romantic 43 KBS 18.3%
Black Out 6 MBC 4.8%
Bad Memory Eraser 10 MBN 0.3%
Good Partner 11 SBS 15.4%
DNA Lover 5 TV Chosun 0.6%
Love Next Door 5 tvN 4.8%

Watch: Kim Jae Joong And Kim Junsu Tease Collaboration As JX In Intriguing New Teaser

20240905154849_JX2_c4ff89.jpeg?s=900x600

Kim Jae Joong and Kim Junsu have set the stage for a new project together!

On September 6 at midnight KST, the two JYJ members unveiled a tantalizing teaser on their newly created joint social media account. The teaser, released under the name “JX”—which stands for Jae Joong and XIA—includes intriguing images and a trailer.

The teaser images show the two artists’ profile faces facing each other against a dark background, with the caption “IDENTITY” displayed above.

The accompanying trailer features nature scenes paired with a voice-over narration from Kim Jae Joong and Kim Junsu, emphasizing their longstanding support for each other despite numerous challenges. The teaser concludes with a message suggesting that their journey is evolving into a new chapter, piquing fans’ curiosity about what they have in store.

Check out the images and trailer below!

JX.jpeg JX1.jpeg

Spoiler

Are you excited for Kim Jae Joong and Kim Junsu’s upcoming collaboration? Stay tuned for more updates!

*** On September 6, Jae Joong and Junsu announced that they will be teaming up for a joint concert this fall! The upcoming Seoul concert titled “IDENTITY” will be held over three nights at the KSPO Dome from November 8 to 10, marking the start of a new chapter for the duo. I'm excited to see Jae Joong and  Junsu back on stage together.   :glee:

JX.jpg

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/article/117/0003868436

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kim Jae Joong And Kim Junsu To Hold 20th-Anniversary Concert Together As JX

Spoiler

20240905231950_Kim-Jae-Joong-Kim-Junsu.j

Kim Jae Joong and Kim Junsu will be teaming up for a joint concert this fall!

On September 6, the two singers announced that they would be celebrating the 20th anniversary of their debut by holding a concert together under their new group name “JX,” which stands for “Jae Joong” and “XIA.

JX’s upcoming Seoul concert “IDENTITY” will be held over three nights at the KSPO Dome from November 8 to 10, marking the start of a new chapter for the duo.

JX.jpg

*** Jaejoong has shown the magnificent mansion that he built for his parents. The spacious building, which is reportedly worth 6 billion won (about $5 million) will appear in one of the episodes of KBS2's 'Pyeon Restaurant,' which is set to air on September 6.  The mansion itself, which is four floors high and has an underground garage, is designed for his parents. The main house has four bedrooms, five bathrooms, and spreads through three levels. He built a private sauna and bathroom for his mother and father and installed an elevator to move between the floors. "When I was young, my family was happy and fortunate but not financially. So, when I had the financial means, I always wanted to make my parents' house as big and nice as theirs." In the  episode, he goes to visit his parents during the holiday season. He is the youngest of nine siblings,  showing a cordial interaction with his parents. He has eight sisters, aged from 43 to 77, as well as eight brothers-in-law and twelve nieces and nephews. He remarked humurously that he will soon become a grandfather. His mother, who finally saw her son after months of separation, greets him: "Why is my son so pretty today?"   :getmygrooveon:

Kim Jae Joong And Jin Se Yeon Share A Romantic Night At Home In "Bad Memory Eraser"

20240906031342_Jin-Se-Yeon-Kim-Jae-Joong

The romance is heating up on MBN’s “Bad Memory Eraser”!

“Bad Memory Eraser” is a romance drama about a man whose life changes due to a memory eraser and the woman who holds his fate in her hands. Kim Jae Joong stars as Lee Kun, who was once a promising tennis player but lost his self-esteem and confidence after an injury. Jin Se Yeon stars as neuropsychiatrist Kyung Joo Yeon, who unintentionally winds up becoming Lee Kun’s fake first love through memory manipulation.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Bad Memory Eraser,” Kyung Joo Yeon finally became aware of her own feelings for Lee Kun, and the episode ended with the two sharing their first kiss.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Lee Kun and Joo Yeon openly express their affection for one another at home. Dressed casually in comfortable clothes, the couple seems more relaxed around each other than ever before.

While Joo Yeon initially holds a blanket up to her neck as Lee Kun playfully pouts his lips as if asking for a kiss, she soon lets her guard down. In the next photo, the couple shares a blanket while lying down together, with Joo Yeon happily closing her eyes in anticipation as Lee Kun holds her hand and properly leans in for a kiss.

JIn-Se-Yeon-Kim-Jae-Joong-2.jpg

The next episode of “Bad Memory Eraser” will air on September 6 at 9:40 p.m. KST.

*** Jaejoong is one of the winners from “2024 The Fact Music Awards” Day One. Congratulations to him! Day one of the 2024 The Fact Music Awards was held at Kyocera Dome on September 7 in Osaka, Japan — The winners were awarded based on a combination of chart data, judges’ picks, and fan voting scores. Jaejoong won as Hot Stage of the Year, meaning he has standout performances.   :coolcat:

tma-24-925x513.jpg

*** Jaejoong has revealed his family home for the first time on TV on September 6th episode of Stars’ Top Recipe at Fun-Staurant It featured Jae Joong visiting his family home to spend time with his parents. In the episode, Jae Joong is shown arriving at his family home with his hands full of gifts. Jae Joong immediately embraced his mother and playfully said, “Why do you look so beautiful today, Mom?” making her smile. What drew attention was Jae Joong’s family home. The house revealed for the first time on TV is a large four-story home with a basement garage. The high-ceilinged first floor and the large terrace on the second floor were particularly striking. The third floor has four bedrooms and five bathrooms, which can easily accommodate his large family of nine siblings. The massive size and the showing of details of the home, including a private elevator for the elderly parents, a large bath, a sauna and a kitchen designed for his mother were truly impressive. Throughout his stay at the home, Jae Joong had affectionate and playful interactions with his parents. He shared, “When I was young, our family was happy and joyful but we were financially struggling. So, I wanted to make sure that when I became financially stable, I could provide my parents with a big, beautiful home. That’s why I spent over a year designing and building this house for them.”   :ilike:

NISI20240905_0001646752_web_202409051345

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/ranking/article/003/0012771608

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for dramas!

The rankings were determined through an analysis of the consumer participation, media coverage, interaction, community awareness, and viewership indexes of 19 popular dramas, using big data collected from August 8 to September 8.   :ilike:

Check out the top 19 for this month below!

1. “Good Partner”
  2. “Beauty and Mr. Romantic”
  3. “Love Next Door”
  4. “Your Honor”
  5. “Black Out”
  6. Su Ji and U Ri
  7. The Auditors
  8. “The Frog”
  9. “The Tyrant”
  10. “Queen Woo”
  11. Serendipity’s Embrace
  12. Perfect Family
  13. Snow White’s Revenge
  14. “Romance in the House”
  15. The Brave Yong Su Jeong
  16. Bad Memory Eraser
  17. Cinderella at 2AM
  18. “Miran of the Junk Shop”
  19. DNA Lover

source : https://www.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=578337

Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. SBS “Good Partner”
  2. tvN “Love Next Door”
  3. tvN “No Gain No Love”
  4. JTBC “Romance in the House”
  5. ENA “Your Honor
  6. MBC “Black Out”
  7. KBS2 “Beauty and Mr. Romantic
  8. KBS1 “Su Ji and U Ri
  9. KBS2 “Perfect Family
  10. MBN “Bad Memory Eraser

*** Sigh.... .I feel kinda bad for the Bad Memory Eraser team. It is not getting a decent audience for its time slot.   :cries3:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of September 2-8, 2024

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-september-2-8-2024/

Friday, September 6      
Black Out 7 MBC 5.7%
Bad Memory Eraser 11 MBN 0.4%
Good Partner 12 SBS 14.4%

Saturday, September 7      
Cinderella at 2AM 5 Channel A 0.4%
Romance in the House 9 JTBC 2.7%
Beauty and Mr. Romantic 45 KBS 16.6%
Black Out 8 MBC 6.4%
Bad Memory Eraser 12 MBN 0.3%
Good Partner 13 SBS 16.3%
DNA Lover 7 TV Chosun 0.7%
Love Next Door 7 tvN 4.0%

*** MBN’s Bad Memory Eraser has shared intriguing new glimpses of its upcoming episode, which is TONIGHT! On the previous episode of “Bad Memory Eraser,” Kyung Joo Yeon’s heart ached when she learned that Jeon Sae Yan (Yang Hye Ji) was Lee Kun’s true first love. In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Lee Kun and Joo Yeon don’t shy away from expressing their feelings for each other despite being around other people. Then Lee Kun is unable to hold himself back from leaning in and trying to steal a kiss on the cheek as Joo Yeon freezes in place.Another set of stills capture a heartbreaking moment in which Lee Kun breaks down on his own. This episode of “Bad Memory Eraser” will air TONIGHT September 13 at 9:40 p.m. KST!

Kim-Jae-Joong-Jin-Se-Yeon-2.jpg

Kim-Jae-Joong.jpg

source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/609/0000896458

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kim Jae Joong Goes Through A Rollercoaster Ride Of Emotions In "Bad Memory Eraser"

20240913015636_Kim-Jae-Joong-Jin-Se-Yeon

MBN’s “Bad Memory Eraser” has shared intriguing new glimpses of its upcoming episode!

“Bad Memory Eraser” is a romance drama about a man whose life changes due to a memory eraser and the woman who holds his fate in her hands. Kim Jae Joong stars as Lee Kun, who was once a promising tennis player but lost his self-esteem and confidence after an injury. Jin Se Yeon stars as neuropsychiatrist Kyung Joo Yeon, who unintentionally winds up becoming Lee Kun’s fake first love through memory manipulation.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Bad Memory Eraser,” Kyung Joo Yeon’s heart ached when she learned that Jeon Sae Yan (Yang Hye Ji) was Lee Kun’s true first love. Meanwhile, the conflict between Lee Kun and his brother Lee Shin (Lee Jong Won) heated up as Lee Shin became more upfront about his feelings for Kyung Joo Yeon.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Lee Kun and Joo Yeon don’t shy away from expressing their feelings for each other despite being around other people. During a sweet date at a restaurant, the couple only has eyes for one another—and Joo Yeon is all smiles when she sees a “vegetable bouquet” that Lee Kun has lovingly prepared for her.

Later, Lee Kun is unable to hold himself back from leaning in and trying to steal a kiss on the cheek as Joo Yeon freezes in place.

Spoiler

Kim-Jae-Joong-Jin-Se-Yeon-2.jpg

However, another set of stills captures a heartbreaking moment in which Lee Kun breaks down on his own.

During a moment alone at the beach late at night, Lee Kun falls to his knees in despair and sobs, looking as though he has lost everything.

Kim-Jae-Joong.jpg

To find out what causes Lee Kun to break down—and what will happen to his budding romance with Joo Yeon—tune in to the next episode of “Bad Memory Eraser” on September 13 at 9:40 p.m. KST!

In the meantime, catch up on all the previous episodes of the drama with subtitles on Viki below:

Watch Now

Watch: Kim Jae Joong's New Girl Group SAY MY NAME Unveils All 7 Members Including Former IZ*ONE Member Hitomi

20240913033232_say-my-name.jpg?s=900x600

The new girl group SAY MY NAME produced by Kim Jae Joong has revealed all seven members!

Over the course of two weeks, iNKODE Entertainment shared trailers and photos of SAY MY NAME’s seven members, unveiling former IZ*ONE member Hitomi as the final member on September 13

Produced by iNKODE Entertainment’s CSO Kim Jae Joong, SAY MY NAME is preparing to debut in October.

Check out the seven members below!

Dohee

dohee.jpeg

Kanny

kanny.jpeg

Spoiler

Mei

mei.jpeg

Junhwi

junhwi.jpeg

Soha

soha.jpeg

Seungjoo

seungjoo.jpeg

Hitomi

hitomi.jpg

*** The small cable channels are competing for the lowest viewership ratings - hahaha -  and these are the week-end spot.

Drama viewership ratings for the week of September 9-15, 2024

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-september-9-15-2024/

Friday, September 13      
Black Out 9 MBC 6.5%
Bad Memory Eraser 13 MBN 0.4%
Good Partner 14 SBS 15.7%

Saturday, September 14      
Cinderella at 2AM 7 Channel A 0.4%
Romance in the House 11 JTBC 3.2%
Beauty and Mr. Romantic 47 KBS 18%
Black Out MBC
Bad Memory Eraser 14 MBN 0.5%
Good Partner 15 SBS 16.7%
DNA Lover 9 TV Chosun 0.7%
Love Next Door 9 tvN 4.5%

*** It is currently Chuseok in South Korea, where family goes to visit extended family. Jaejoong’s niece went to spend time with him. She shared her love for NCT to him. NCT is formed and managed by SM Entertainment. - hahaha - It's only during Chuseok that we get reminded that our biases are simply just family to their relatives!

Niece: “Uncle, do you know NCT?””

Jaejoong: “Yeah, of course I do.”

Niece: “I like NCT.”

Jaejoong: ” Oh really? You know I was in SM Entertainment for 8 years then we had a court trial, right?”

Niece (Caption): “LOOOOOOOL I should just die.”

4 Truths Kim Jae Joong & Jin Se Yeon Discover In Episodes 13-14 Of "Bad Memory Eraser"

20240917005529_Bad-Memory-Eraser-2.jpg?s

As we reach the final episodes, it’s about time to know the whole truth behind every mystery and unanswered question in this K-drama. After a lot of clarification in some of the most prevailing issues in the plot, you’d expect there was not much left to see but a happily ever after. However, things might not be as easy. There have been a lot of emotions, complications, and misunderstandings around all four leads, but it looks like there’s still a lot coming up for them in the last few episodes. For now, here’s what we learned in this week’s episodes of “Bad Memory Eraser.” 

Warning: spoilers from episodes 13-14 below! 

1. What happened during Lee Kun’s accident 

Since the beginning, Lee Shin (Lee Jong Won) has been hard to figure out. His attitude and actions sometimes proved that despite loving his brother, he also felt resentment and some sort of hatred towards Lee Kun (Kim Jae Joong). That’s why it’s not hard to imagine that he was the culprit behind Lee Kun almost dying. Also, every snippet of memory and clue pointed him out as such. However, when an anonymous report shows pictures that incriminate him, the truth of what really happened that night comes to light. But the shadow of suspicion brings big repercussions to him and his tennis team. 

bad-memory-eraser-1-3.png

bad-memory-eraser-3-3.png

Spoiler

bad-memory-eraser-2-3.png

bad-memory-eraser-4-3.png

At last, we learn that what Lee Shin wanted to hide so desperately is not that he tried to murder his brother, but that he attempted to take his own life. In a shocking plot twist, the night when the brothers confronted each other, Lee Shin jumped off the bridge, only for Lee Kun to save his life by holding onto him and getting hit in the process. The tragic truth is that both brothers are victims of a suffocating upbringing and a series of unfortunate accidents. However, they still have to carry the pain and consequences of these circumstances, almost losing one another along the way. 

bad-memory-eraser-5-3.png

bad-memory-eraser-6-3.png

bad-memory-eraser-7-3.png

2. How Lee Shin feels about his career as a tennis player 

Despite having the possibility to clear his name from the murder suspicions, Lee Shin takes the easiest way out of his problems. He runs away from home, though only for a couple of days. He takes that chance to leave everything behind and focus on thinking about what he truly wants for his life and career. He accepts that his dream was never to be a tennis player, but with his family’s pressure on his back, he can’t easily give up everything. His parents, especially his mother, are beyond redemption. Though she is a major contributor to her children’s hardships, even after all that’s happened to them, she continues pushing them to their limits in order to achieve her own expectations. 

bad-memory-eraser-12-1.png

bad-memory-eraser-13-1.png

bad-memory-eraser-14-1.png

Which is why it’s quite commendable when Lee Shin decides to take a break from being a tennis player. We don’t know if he will retire for good, but his decision to step out and look after his mental health issues first speaks a lot for him. Everyone should have the right to take a break and look for their happiness. And that happiness also includes giving up on his feelings for Kyung Joo Yeon (Jin Se Yeon) after he realizes that her feelings for Lee Kun are deeper than even she can admit. 

bad-memory-eraser-8-3.png

bad-memory-eraser-9-2.png

bad-memory-eraser-10-2.png

bad-memory-eraser-11-1.png

3. The identity of Jeon Se Yan’s biological father 

The presence of Jeon Se Yan (Yang Hye Jin) – as endearing and entertaining as she is – has always been sort of confusing because despite being Lee Kun’s real first love, this fact has hardly had any importance since the start of the drama. Later on, when we found out she was looking for her biological father and not her first love, any possibility of developing a romantic line with the male lead was out of the picture. So you could only guess what her role could really be, even more so since her mother is trying to prevent that she finds him. 

bad-memory-eraser-15-1.png

bad-memory-eraser-16-1.png

bad-memory-eraser-17.png

bad-memory-eraser-20-1.png

With just a couple of episodes left and after 14 episodes of framing Lee Shin as a possible murderer, who would have thought that a real criminal would appear right now as Se Yan’s father? At first, he appears as a real hero to save his daughter when her mother tries to forcibly take her back to Italy, but he quickly shows his true colors. He not only is the stalker who has been following and threatening Lee Shin, but he is most likely related to the death of Joo Yeon’s father as he has a record of murder and other crimes. 

bad-memory-eraser-21-1.png

bad-memory-eraser-22-1.png

bad-memoy-eraser-23.png

bad-memory-eraser-26-1.png

4. Lee Kun finding out about the memory eraser experiment 

If there’s ever been a resilient character in a K-drama, it’s Lee Kun. He not only fought through every struggle in his life but was able to start anew after almost dying. However, it seems all of that will be useless once again. Though he has been actively trying to regain his memories despite the pain they inflict on him, he could never have imagined that the truth would be revealed to him in the most hurtful way and by the most obnoxious person. And so he learns everything about the experiment that erased his memories and the fact Joo Yeon isn’t his first love. 

bad-memory-eraser-25-1.png

bad-memory-eraser-24-1.png

bad-memory-eraser-19-1.png

Perhaps Lee Kun’s biggest misfortune isn’t losing his career as a professional athlete, but it’s being surrounded by completely selfish and despicable people. First, by his parents, and second, by a medical team so unprofessional that they would even perform extremely dangerous procedures without considering the ethical or life-threatening consequences. For better or for worse, Lee Kun accepts a new procedure, and we’re back to square one. At this point, more than a happy ending, we can just hope the ending of this drama won’t make us wish for a memory eraser for ourselves.

bad-memory-eraser-27-1.png

bad-memory-eraser-29-1.png

bad-memory-eraser-28-1.png

bad-memory-eraser-18-1.png

Watch the latest episodes of “Bad Memory Eraser”: 

Watch Now