[drama 2006] Stranger Than Heaven 천국보다 낯선

Felicia Soh

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pucca.sg

Here I have enclosed some photos from the "Opening Ceremony of the Seoul International Movie Festivall" (第七届首尔国际电影节(9月8日-9月17日)^^

award.2.jpg

award.3.jpg

award.5.jpg

award.1.jpg

Credit to eelisa :)

Guest shigehiro

Ok, although I shouldn't ask this in here, however, does anyone have a direct download link for Stranger than Heaven ep.03 hardsubbed which is released by S2...

I tried to get it thru cb and bt, but these two fail on me... =|

Thanks a lot...

Nice Guy San-Ho

Uhm TaeWoong featuring SanHo in SBS 'STH' that is suffering from poor program rating is continuously receiving words of encouragement from viewers.

Playing Kang SanHo, a tough guy who is in triangular love with a top singer You HeeRan and Noh YoonJae who is almost his elder brother in the drama, Uhm TaeWoong impressively portrayed SanHo who fell in heart broken one-sided love for HeeRan with his outstanding performance and speeches to touch a cord in viewers' heart in the episodes broadcasted on Sep.11~12.

On the bulletin board of the drama homepage, a number of TV audience cheered and asked him to do his best to the last ending of the drama and some others expressed their pity on the low rating.

This drama is now going toward the end presenting complications between SanHo and YoonJae and HeeRan belatedly beginning aware of the existence of SanHo hidden deep down in her heart.

Credit to Bill at Uhmsky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope the ratings will not deter UTW and all the cast to give their best performance! :D

Guest Pucca.sg

Saying goodbye to 'SanHo' and 'Stranger than Heaven'

Finally SBS sent the last episode of 'Stranger than Heaven' starred by Uhm TaeWoong ,Lee SungJae and Kim MinJung on the air Sep.20.

The drama signed off still makes us feel sorry in many respects.

This drama broadcasted from July 31 had made a very poor record in its rating against their expectations considering the splendid casting.

The low rating of the drama defeated by the rival 'Jumong',one of the biggest hit soap operas seemed to inform that a large majority of televiewers were completely indifferent to it.

However, surprisingly we came to know it was proud of its viewers' enthusiastic response on the bulletin board that had surpassed any rival drama in this respect. Is it the power of a well made drama? The fervent fans insisted that once you happened to watch it, you were not able to get rid of it.

The most regretful thing is that the excellent originality, passionate performances of the cast and many unforgettable scenes would be buried in oblivion because of the dishonorable rating based on the result.

The most unforgettable scene selected by the viewers was the kiss scene broadcasted on Sep.5. it became the talk of the town soon. The burning kiss scene done by Uhm TaeWoong and Kim MinJung who were in a triangular love with Lee SungJae in the drama 'STH' caught viewers' attention arousing their interest in how their love would turn out.

In the episode of the day, SanHo (Uhm TaeWoong) got hurt seeing HeeRan who loved YoonJae. And his fans could saw him giving a violent kiss to HeeRan. With the kiss scene giving a wild hug to Kim MinJung, Uhm TaeWoong won fans' tremendous popularity, being recognized as a charismatic actor.

Posting the scene on internet bulletins, the fans were anxious to know when the love of HeeRan and SanHo would be materialized.

Now the televiewers are giving the staff and cast who for the last 8 weeks have carried out their original intention to make a well-made drama even in difficulty a clap and cheers.

Credit to Bill from uhmsky cafe :)

This thread is soooo quiet... :unsure:

How's the last episode? anyone watched it yet?

my cb is acting up on me again, so i haven't watched ep 16....

but I'm curious to know who ended up with whom kekeke... ^^

oh and btw, ep 7 and 8 subs are out!

please check d-addicts... hehehe *too lazy to do it here tonite*

Ya, I'm curious to hear if fans are happy with the way it ended, but no spoilers for me, please! ;p

I think I want to d/l the whole thing to watch, which is going to take some time, have to wait for the subs, etc. Eventually I'll be able to come back to the thread and comment!

mar,

the ending is sweet. i think fans were happy with it.

i think i'm gonna work on a review for this next. though it's not a great drama, the ratings were really very cruel.

UTW said "I was so happy"

Uhm TaeWoong expressed his thoughts of 'Stranger than Heaven' in which he took the lead role, seeing the drama out.

In the presence of the ending party of the drama regretfully having got a poor rating as low as 3~4%, he said "However, we were happy." on Sep.19.

He added to say "Of course, we were sometimes distressed with the low rating but also we were really happy on shooting. Frankly speaking, I was a little depressed. But it was meaningful to me to work for the well made drama regardless of its rating."

In the drama he played SanHo, an entertainer manager with a gangster career. SanHo loved a female top singer HeeRan (Kim MinJung) who he had taken care of but in the end he decided to forget her because of brotherhood with a love rival YoonJae who did not have blood relation with him at all.

As he made so many efforts as to cut his hair short for a change of the atmosphere in the latter half of the drama, he was acclaimed as "a devoted actor" by the staff.

On the other hand he opened his future plan " I will take a rest for a while and spend free time taking exercise."

Dated : 21-09-2006

Many thanks to Bill for all the translations

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As this drama has already wrapped up, I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to the team of subbers, WITH S2 for the great work, ay_link, yeohweeping and my Uhmsky colleague, Wendy (Pucca), Dramalover, Luv, Mar and EVERYONE for sharing pictures, cap scenes, comments, links etc. etc. Without everyone's effort, this thread would not be active......joongmal gamsahamnida. bubble_thanx.gif

Even though this drama failed to garner the attention of viewers, I hope K-drama fans especially UTW, LSJ, KMJ's fans and also to those who like the storyline or for whatever reasons find STH appealing, please support this drama (the team of subbers had taken so much of their invaluable time to do the translations). hug.gif

I happen to be one of those who was enjoying this drama all the way regardless of the rating!

i thot the plot was extremely refreshing and the cast totally engaging.

i'm still at ep8 cuz for this series i thot the dialogue was critical enuf for me not to watch raw & spoil the fun!

WithS2: thanks for all the effort translating, please know that it's truly appreciated!

can someone please explain in detail what happened at the very end?! i started watching it, but was not able to finish. (please color in white/light yellow so the ending is not spoiled for anyone!)

thanks!!

-mika

have you tried iyagi's ?

Yes, for two days, and the file is not starting. While there, I found the last two episodes of Fashion '70s I was missing, and surprisingly those files started right away, so it has not been a total loss. Still trying for ep 7 of STH though. Hum... so why would old files like Fashion '70s d/l and a new one not? Clubbox is indeed a mystery.

I hope K-drama fans ... who like the storyline or for whatever reasons find STH appealing, please support this drama
I will continue to support it because I want to watch it to the end... just like Princess Lulu!

Are there any other clubboxes besides twinlite that has ep 7 hardsub? The file is not starting... and bit torrent is not an option.

It was the same for me but eventually I downloaded from BT.

I highly recommend everyone to watch this drama despite the low ratings. Great casts too. Its good that With S2 has subbed this. Thank you! Download it...!!! Its worth it.

Archived