Johnny’s Entertainment Expansion Into Korea

elizabeth

Guest reverie_

Do u have any idea how old most of the juniors are when they are recruited?? :ph34r:

i can bet you that none of them were recruited with the intent of

learning 3-4 languages and selling albums in other languages.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can bet you that none of them were recruited with the intent of

learning 3-4 languages and selling albums in other languages.

I'm not in JE so I can't say whether that's true or not

but I do know that there is Johnny's International so those recruits might have been trained in those areas, but I'm not sure seeing as how the JE members don't need to do such a thing because they are written in stone in the world's 2nd largest music industry.

Guest Opus. 19

When I read the article, I felt that it would be an overseas management office as Korea (and their crazy rabid fans) do bring in a lot of international money for the johnny boys. Getting allkpop news is the same thing as pulling crap from tabloids. They never list a proper source and their posts are usually misleading and pointless. I have yet to see this come from an actual Japanese source. Can someone refer a link?

In any case, I find it unlikely that they'll drag Arashi over to Korea and make them sing in Korean.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing that. xP

Guest Shiget^

I'm not in JE so I can't say whether that's true or not

but I do know that there is Johnny's International so those recruits might have been trained in those areas, but I'm not sure seeing as how the JE members don't need to do such a thing because they are written in stone in the world's 2nd largest music industry.

they don't learn any other language besides english and japanese. Theres no reason for them to learn another language because their main target is solely Japan, this is why up to know Johnnys doesnt have an International FanClub. If they only have one our lives will be much easier T_T

Johnnys International are Juniors with mixed blood some of them knows english because they learn it at home, they dont actually learn it on JE. actually when you join JE you must have Japanese blood, theres no full americans or full indians in JE all of them are half or have japanese blood in them.

they don't learn any other language besides english and japanese. Theres no reason for them to learn another language because their main target is solely Japan, this is why up to know Johnnys doesnt have an International FanClub. If they only have one our lives will be much easier T_T

Johnnys International are Juniors with mixed blood some of them knows english because they learn it at home, they dont actually learn it on JE. actually when you join JE you must have Japanese blood, theres no full americans or full indians in JE all of them are half or have japanese blood in them.

I know the J International are all mixed race juniors

I even talked about in one of the threads.

About the whole learning language thing, I kinda figured everything you just said but I wasnt 100% positive

and yeah you are right they don't need to do so because of the target audience being japanese and that's all they need, that's what I was trying to say because someone stated that they probably wouldnt make it in korea or the rest of asia due to the language, but that's kind of like saying someone like..Beyonce who targets the american audience would need to learn another language to become an international superstar. I don't think it comes down to what language people speak, afterall look how Yamapi got mobbed in that airport in korea.

And yes they should have an international fanclub dammit lol

Guest huangmeixi

Japan's groups are popular in Asia without resorting to learning an entirely new language.

Yamapi was mauled in Korea and he's never promoted there whereas TVXQ have had to learn Japanese and sing in Japanese and spend more time in Japan than Korea to be famous there.

So if JE actually tries to promote in Korea he'd certainly overtake its market. But I don't see why he would. He'd barely make any money even of they were number one. Maybe he just wants to richard simmons off SM.

SM doesn't even care about TVXQ in Korea anymore. It's all for show now or else they'd be called traitors or something. Their Korean releases have been getting sloppier and sloppier with the latest one having as its title song like something bought off a rack of songs for sale instead of being carefully composed for TVXQ. Instead they're spending more and more time and effort on their Japanese releases.

The fact is you can make more wayyyyy money in Japan, and SM would sell those boy's souls to get at that market.

Japan's groups are popular in Asia without resorting to learning an entirely new language.

Yamapi was mauled in Korea and he's never promoted there whereas TVXQ have had to learn Japanese and sing in Japanese and spend more time in Japan than Korea to be famous there.

So if JE actually tries to promote in Korea he'd certainly overtake its market. But I don't see why he would. He'd barely make any money even of they were number one. Maybe he just wants to richard simmons off SM.

SM doesn't even care about TVXQ in Korea anymore. It's all for show now or else they'd be called traitors or something. Their Korean releases have been getting sloppier and sloppier with the latest one having as its title song like something bought off a rack of songs for sale instead of being carefully composed for TVXQ. Instead they're spending more and more time and effort on their Japanese releases.

The fact is you can make more money in Japan, and SM will sell those boys souls to get at that market.

That's what I'm saying

and u are right about SM and Japan

Guest virvir111

it cant.. its like impossible.. im sorry, with the laws with whole only cable program can air japanese music and radiostation are banned from japanese songs airing..(however they allow other asian countries music to air freely..) PS>blame the government not the ppl.

and netizens already hate arashi.. for something i wont talk about in here.. ( if u want to know go on bestiz..or telezone,,)) WHENever some1 uploads a pics of johnnys on telezone (huge daum korean photosite.) ,, every1, LIKE ALLL THE COMMENTERS write really nasty comments about them..

arashi does have the most popularity in south korea OUT of all the japanese singers,, but thats like OUT OF ALL THE japanese singers..lol.. but doesnt mean they have ALOT OF FANS,, its just they have the MOST fans out of the japanese stars.. not enough to be able to make a "EXPANSION" lol.. thats like more than doing it.. i'll admit arashi is sorta popular among manias but not JOHNNYS. only ARASHI is.. it'lll be waste of time and money and stupid for johnnys to do that. also the "korean fans" of arashi sometimes arent the nicest,, they'll like arashi but then totally end up not acting like they are interested in them,, because their blogs gets terrorized.. and they dont like being called ILPAS ( japmanias,,except harsher),, i remember i read one of the posts on a blog which talked about

ex. ---- http://blog.naver.com/kingjs1743?Redirect=...gNo=30036438171

솔직히 말하면 일본에있는 한 그룹을 좋아하는건데..

In truth i have a idol group i like and they are japanese.

일본노래나 그 사람들을 좋아하면 사람들은 맨날 이 소리만 하지 이 소리 진짜 듣기 싫다..

Whenever there is a japanese song, or if i like them people always say these things

"일본빠순이냐?"

" are a japanese freak?"

"일본오타쿠흉내내지마"

" stop being a japanese otaku freak, wannabe, stop acting like it"

이 소리 진짜 듣기 싫다.

i hate hearing these things

아라시 한국팬들은 슬픕니다.

Korean arashi fans are always sad.

우리가 왜 욕을 먹어야 하지?일본에 있는 한 그룹을 좋아할 뿐인데..그냥 그 사람들을 좋아하는 것 뿐인데..

Why do we have to hear these things? we just like a group from japan, we only have interest in them..

"일빠냐?"

" are u a ILPA?"

일본빠순이라는 말을 왜 들어야 할까요,미국가수들 좋아하면 뭐라 않그러면서 왜 일본가수들 좋아하면 그렇게 말하는건데요?

Why do we have to be called Japfreaks, when someone likes american artists, nobody says anything, but when someone likes a japanese celeb, everyone just lashes at you?

꼭 한국가수만 좋아해야하는 법은 없잖아요?

there is no law saying we have to only like korean stars.

일본빠순이,오타구,일빠 정말 듣기 싫어요 진짜..

japanese freak, Otaku, ILPA,, i hate hearing these things.

그들의 목소리와노래,그 것을 좋아하는거 뿐인데,꼭 싫어해야 될까요?난 그렇게 생각않해요.

i like their voice and songs and thats it? do i have to hate that? i dont think like that

만약에 아라시가 한국을 욕하게 되면 아마도 포기하게 될꺼에요..아마도..

if Arashi cusses out Korea then i'll give up being their fan.. probably..

그런데 지금은 포기할생각 죽어도 없어요.

but i dont have that mind right now.

왜냐하면요 내가 좋아하는 가수니까 좋아하는 그룹이니까..

because they are singers i like, a group i like.

아라시 한국팬들은 그 말들을 들으면 얼마나 마음아픈지 아시나요?

do you guys know how hurtful it is to hear these things as korean arashi fans?

나는..니가 아라시여서 슬프다..

(to arashi).. im sad that you guys are ARAshi (of Japan..basically saying im sad that your japanese..)

하지만..슬프지만..

im sad,, but

나는 아라시가 좋다.

i like arashi.

if johnnys doesnt have SM.ent.. for korea its impossible. SM YG JYP would just lash out. especially SM. i just know it. if johnnys breaks out with SM for korean concert managing and album managing and decides to open their own office,, HM... dont even wanna think the consequences. like SHINEE helped promote HYD movie in south korea,, although it was a box office flop in south korea..

korea still doesnt really accept japanese culture as much as other ppl.. they still have that "wow,,, away,, shoo" feeling,, n the demand for foreign artists besides american isnt AS powerful enough,, or popular enough,, i believe south korea needs to open up a bit to other asian entertainment culture,, but it wont happen any time soon..

BESIDES THE EXPANSION INTO KOREA is FAN MADE RUMOR FROM 2006,, lol just found that out. cuz i dont find any of this in any korean news,,

^It isn't as though they're trying to "break" into the Korean music industry lol.

Really, those reactions are very close minded and... stupid. And most Korean netizens hate just about everyone and everything so I'm not surprised they've already spat out nasty things.

And about this -

if johnnys breaks out with SM for korean concert managing and album managing and decides to open their own office,, HM... dont even wanna think the consequences.

Say SM decides to "retaliate"... do you know how badly they'd be screwing over their artists who are trying to successfully cross over into the Japanese music industry? JE is a powerhouse in Japan. They can actually pull music acts from music shows. So no... JE doesn't really have much to lose against SM. They've NEVER groomed Arashi for a Korean debut or even promoted them very much and gained a fanbase in Korea anyway. I don't see JE having anything to lose if they decide to venture into the Korean music industry. Well, there wouldn't be much (money-wise) to gain either.

It's about time Korea learns to accept japanese artists in their country...

It's kinda unfair now..since alot of japanese ppl love korean artists... while it's not the other way round.

I don't see why people are not happy about it... I think it could actually help the relations between both countries.

And about SM and JE competiting...who knows...SM might be the 1 helping them to crossover.

SM have been distributing JE stuffs in Korea for awhile now.....from what I know. -_-;

I remember ARASHI being on SM website last year/2 years ago.

Without good connections in Korea, I don't think JE will be able to build an office in Korea.

It's the same with SM. They had connections wif Avex in Japan.

I don't think any JE artists will release korean albums or anything though.

THey prob will just appear on Korean tv ..and have concerts...

Maybe they will start recruiting korean trainees and such as well..

Anyway...this is interesting...can't wait. =P

^It isn't as though they're trying to "break" into the Korean music industry lol.

Really, those reactions are very close minded and... stupid. And most Korean netizens hate just about everyone and everything so I'm not surprised they've already spat out nasty things.

true..i agreed with what u said..

i dont get why people keep on giving negative views and freak out when there's only a news about this..

when korean artist keep on releasing single in japan..they had been welcomed nicely by japanese people

and even featured them in the tv programs..and why couldnt korean citizen do the same things too..

i do not think any of the JE boys will stay and promote themselves in korea and even learn korean deeply just in order to breakthrough korean market..

like some others said, probably JE will only set up a company to make it much easier for them to sell JE stuff and even recruiting new talent..

if arashi being an issue here..take note that they are already been super duper busy with their schedule in Japan alone..probably they will visit korea but not to the extend of spending their times there..

Guest Pinklett

yup i agree with you too

haha wherever the word johnny's pops up in this forum, TVXQ follow

since its korean based, some underestimate how well known and popular je is in asia, without any foreign activities at all

actually when i saw the title topic, i was thinking: why would they

johnny's are already ridiculous well known even in korea, and they wouldnt gain anything in incomes, looking at korean music sales.

but yeah most likely its some kind of branch to sell je stuff

Guest Shiget^

actually, their tickets were sold out within MINUTES not even an hour but MINUTES, korean ticketing kept adding more seats and to the other date it just kept going on sold out, and to add more, arashi is huge enough to add one more show to their korean tour, theyre in korea now having concerts.

JE didnt choose to be famous in Korea, they didnt do promotions, they didnt sing korean songs to make korean people like them, they are just famous and their stuffs comes to Korea. JE doesnt actually come to a country on their own they always get invitations and their TFs are high.

but still SM is the solely distributor for JE stuffs, i think it will still be when JE expands, just like how Avex is in taiwan.

but i honestly cant see JE looking out for talents in other countries, nor guest on korean variety shows ^^ i think this is all they will have concerts, press cons, and selling off their local versions of their CDs and DVDs thats all. but they are indeed branching out the articles are in: http://arashi.vox.com

is this news even credible?

I think it's a bad move because Korea doesn't make money. In fact that's why a bunch of korean artists are trying to make it in Japan. why go there while you have the second largest music industry in the world at home? china might be fine though, since most ppl in the world are chinese.

I think the reason JE wants to conquer South Korea is because if you are popular in Korea then you most likely will be popular throughout Asia. The perfect example is DBSK, they are wanted everywhere in throughout Asia after their exploded popularity in South Korea. JE is looking more at the bigger picture then just South Korea, it is more like conquering Asia.

I think the reason JE wants to conquer South Korea is because if you are popular in Korea then you most likely will be popular throughout Asia. The perfect example is DBSK, they are wanted everywhere in throughout Asia after their exploded popularity in South Korea. JE is looking more at the bigger picture then just South Korea, it is more like conquering Asia.

Lol... NO.

If you are popular in S. Korea that does not guarantee that you will be popular throughout Asia.

JE is not trying to "conquer" South Korea - they are opening an OFFICE in S. Korea to cater to a fanbase they've ALREADY GAINED.

Archived