Johnny’s Entertainment Expansion Into Korea

elizabeth

Guest toanyone21

Darling, in case you miss it... DBSK have the biggest fanbase in the world. :rolleyes:

dbsk does have the biggest fanclub but their album sales arent good as JE.

well thats great news, i wanna see some Japanese groups in korea.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tonyc402

lol, why would someone want to register for a fanclub more than once? seriously. being an official member is not free, it comes with fees. them having the largest fanbase is in korea, not japan. well duh, i don't think any of us fans expected them to beat JE boys, not at all. but they've grown a lot in japan and if you compare how much they've sold with their first few singles and how much their singles sell now, it's a huge accomplishment. i honestly don't care if they're not where the JE boys are, atleast they're being recognized.

and why would dbsk fangirls be afraid of JE expanding into korea? lol, that's hilarious. JE boys in Japan are like DBSK in korea and vice versa. i admit i was afraid of dbsk not being as popular as they were before with their comeback, but they totally proved me wrong. what makes you think the JE boys can beat them if WG and BB can't? hahahahahah funny

they will have to learn korean first. and why are they even thinking of expanding to korea? the music industry there is at rock bottom.

ROFL , trust me some fanclub girls are crazy like that .

Guest inyeon.

lol, i dont think there will be "Serious competition".

SM advertises for JE/Arashi anyway. O_o Doesn't that mean they will most likely WORK together?

Guest PhuongNguyen

dbsk does have the biggest fanclub but their album sales arent good as JE.

well thats great news, i wanna see some Japanese groups in korea.

I'm not pointing out that DBSk and better than JE artist. Someone pointed out that DBSK fans must be worried, and thus, I stated the "biggest fanbase" comment to make someone realize that DBSK isn't just some group that is so easy to be kick out.

Guest superjihyeee!

ohhh they are going to do well if they go to korea.

NewS especially, i think (other than Arashi :P) because of Yamapi. lol.

wasn't yamapi like, top ten in most liked japanese artist in korea or something? haha idk.

i just remember that time he went to korea and he was like, molested at the airport. O__O

omgthisissoexcitings ldkfjdslk :DDD

From what I hear Johnny's is only opening a branch in Korea, and that doesn't always mean that his boys are gonna fly to Korea and start singing in Korean and start guesting on Korean variety shows. It could be just that they want to reach out to the Korean fans, making it more convenient for them to buy their singles and albums without having to order online or whatnot.

Thanks.. at least it's more clear but I wouldn't mind if they sing in Korean.. NOW THAT, I wonder how it'll go but again.. I wonder how everything will go once it actually happens.

Guest minkiii

i would go JE all the way. they do produce some of the great singers. and the groups truly grow with the fans. its nice how that is instead of always trying to keep it 'young and cute'

Guest yurikah

Yay! I'm glad Johnny is going to Korea. I mean so many Korean artists go to Japan, I think just as many Japanese artists deserve a spotlight in Korea too. ^^

Guest Atmosphere.

Maybe I'm like very slow, but I never heard of the Johnny's Entertainment.

I'm in love with Japanese music and like AVEX, but I don't recognize Johnny's?

Someone said Kat-Tun is under that entertainment who else? o.o

Guest Shiget^

as i have said in my journal:

I think it only means they're opening a Johnnys Office in Korea just a base for all JE fanclubs, CDs/DVDs, Goods, translated stuffs like jwebs in korean and some event planning when JE idols come to korea, just like what Taiwan has, nothing more nothing less. I honestly can't see JE making an album, make NEWS and Arashi sing all Korean album. I think thats never gonna happen, considering how nationalist Japan is, I think they wouldn't do that. They would let them sing probably two or one song in Korean like they do on concerts.

They are doing this so that their events will be organized, I dont know if they will put of fanclubs like they have in Japan, but I think in Taiwan they have a fanclub not sure, because i know you can read translated jwebs in taiwan? i think JE is just considering Korea as big fanbase like Taiwan is, especially now that Arashi are famous in Korea now.

But i can see in the future, probably next year, I think NEWS will be having Taiwan concerts and they will probably have one in Korea too, just a guess since Yamapi was mobbed in the airport. so by opening an office will be a preparation for the concerts ^^

Guest littlemisssunsunshine

I fear slightly for Yamapi.. *remembers when the Korean fans mobbed him* O_O..

and hyoo, SM's got competition if JE's expanding into their territory..

haha true that.

on another note, theres nothing wrong with JE's expansion is there? not that they need too with the popularity that already exists anyway...

Guest ^w-nGz^

well, in my opinion if i am Johnny or his sister (the one currently running the company)..

i would debut Jin+Kame+Jun+Ryo+Yamapi in a group together aimed for the Korean market..

why? simply because they are the most popular ones.. (remember yamapi's incident at the korean airport?)

and arashi can just be themselves..

and Kimura can just debut as an actor..

that would be a perfect Johnnys Korea for me hehe

as i have said in my journal:

I think it only means they're opening a Johnnys Office in Korea just a base for all JE fanclubs, CDs/DVDs, Goods, translated stuffs like jwebs in korean and some event planning when JE idols come to korea, just like what Taiwan has, nothing more nothing less. I honestly can't see JE making an album, make NEWS and Arashi sing all Korean album. I think thats never gonna happen, considering how nationalist Japan is, I think they wouldn't do that. They would let them sing probably two or one song in Korean like they do on concerts.

They are doing this so that their events will be organized, I dont know if they will put of fanclubs like they have in Japan, but I think in Taiwan they have a fanclub not sure, because i know you can read translated jwebs in taiwan? i think JE is just considering Korea as big fanbase like Taiwan is, especially now that Arashi are famous in Korea now.

But i can see in the future, probably next year, I think NEWS will be having Taiwan concerts and they will probably have one in Korea too, just a guess since Yamapi was mobbed in the airport. so by opening an office will be a preparation for the concerts ^^

Oh that's cool.

I'm in love with Japanese music and like AVEX, but I don't recognize Johnny's?

Someone said Kat-Tun is under that entertainment who else? o.o

LOL - just about every boyband in Japan.

A few of them are listed on the front page.

Arashi, NEWS, SMAP, Kinki Kids, KAT-TUN, H!S!J!, Kanjani8, Tokio, V6, Tackey & Tsubasa... and then there are Johnny's Juniors lmao...

Complete listing can be found here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny%27s_Entertainment

Guest reverie_

im a fan of JE but i don't think they will make it as far

in the other asian markets COMPARED to SM and some of JYP

because those two companies drilled their artists for many years

as trainees for the PURPOSE of expansion into all of asia.

however, if they continue to sell their albums by just opening another branch,

i guess they'll succeed =)

im a fan of JE but i don't think they will make it as far

in the other asian markets COMPARED to SM and some of JYP

because those two companies drilled their artists for many years

as trainees for the PURPOSE of expansion into all of asia.

however, if they continue to sell their albums by just opening another branch,

i guess they'll succeed =)

Do u have any idea how old most of the juniors are when they are recruited?? :ph34r:

Archived