Kim Rae Won 김래원 ❤ Ardent Actor ❤ Shining Star

ploy1234

10 Korean Dramas You Need to Be Watching in March 2021

After tons of new premieres in February, March slows down a bit, but just a little. We have several new dramas to choose from, and they are each quite different from each other. Let’s see what we have to look forward to in this March 2021 edition of “Korean Dramas You Need to Be Watching.”

This monthly series is meant to keep you updated on what’s happening in that amazing world of Korean dramas so that you don’t miss out on anything! Here are the kdramas you should keep an eye out for in March 2021:

L.U.C.A.: The Beginning

L.U.C.A.: The Beginning Korean Drama - Kim Rae Won

L.U.C.A.: The Beginning is about the idea that all species descended from a common ancestor. It focuses on a man (Kim Rae Won) who is born into the world of genetics and has special powers but doesn’t know who he is so he is looking for answers. He is joined by a detective (Lee Da Hee) on his search.

L.U.C.A.: The Beginning airs Monday and Tuesday on tvN.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramakisses

https://kdramakisses.com/2021/03/01/10-korean-dramas-you-need-to-be-watching-in-march-2021/

• Like 2

I love, love Jang Hyuk but Kim Rae Won occupies a very special place in my fangirl heart. I think he's the one I've been following the longest (my first exposure to Hallyu was My Sassy Girl and My Little Bride) and even if some of his projects are not in my top favorites (I'm looking at you, Black Knight), his presence and warmth and charisma always draws me in. LUCA's plot isn't particularly unique or unforgettable but I've been watching it for him. Imagine my annoyance when I read complaints from some Lee Da Hee fans why they paired her up with an "ahjussi." :rage:

Anyways, I'm so glad to see him back and thank you all for the hardwork here! :kisslevel:

• Like 5

*** tvN’s “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” has shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode! New stills show Ji Oh holding his daughter as he stares off at something in the distance, eyes full of sadness although he finally has his child in his arms once more. The next episode of the drama airs on March 8 at 9 p.m. KST. :selfie2:

39a74bd21ebe4b499d5a8473d67251c2.jpeg?s=

Kim-Rae-Won.jpg

Ahn-Nae-Sang-Kim-Rae-Won.jpg

Spoiler

Kim-Rae-Won-1.jpg

photos source : soompi news

Edited by serenilmauve
Please hide more than 3 images in spoiler tags, thanks
  • Like 1

3 Crucial Turning Points In Kim Rae Won’s Journey In “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning”

a1badbf0dc9649b8ba4e18e7e2c4d162.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” has taken a look at how Kim Rae Won’s character has changed throughout the drama!

“L.U.C.A.: The Beginning” is a sci-fi action thriller starring Kim Rae Won as Ji Oh, a man who is being chased for his special abilities, and Lee Da Hee as Gu Reum, a violent crimes detective who is the only one who remembers him.

Spoilers

Spoiler

Determined to not become a monster, Ji Oh has battled with monstrous humans in order to protect himself and his family. However, he has finally reached a crossroads between good and evil, and he must make a critical decision in order to protect his family. It remains to be seen whether or not he will choose to become a monster for the sake of protecting what is most precious to him.

With only two episodes left in the drama, here are three turning points in Ji Oh’s quest for the truth behind his identity.

1. The evolution that began in suffering

Having been thrown into the world all alone, Ji Oh had to run from unidentified pursuers without even knowing the reason why. Without anyone to tell him who he was or where he had come from, Ji Oh was all alone. After he began to use his supernatural abilities to protect himself, a thrilling pursuit began.

It turned out that Ji Oh was a product of Human Tech’s ambition, and his abilities were more of a curse. However, after meeting Gu Reum, he began to realize who he truly was and resolved to no longer run away from the evil that was Human Tech. He faced his unavoidable fate, and his strength grew in the midst of his suffering, leading viewers to wonder what transformation he would undergo next.

lee-da-hee-kim-rae-won.jpg

2. Gu Reum, who helped him understand love and the reason for his existence

Gu Reum is Ji Oh’s sole refuge and savior, who sees him as he truly is despite their ill-fated connection. Although he regarded her with suspicion at first, he grew to sympathize with and relate to her, and he protected her after she was falsely charged with murder. For Ji Oh, Gu Reum represents the start of everything, and it’s thanks to her that he began to dream of a life as a normal human with a normal family. Gu Reum and their daughter provided Ji Oh with the hope and courage to want to live on.

3. Ji Oh’s dangerous choice for the sake of his family

Ji Oh and Gu Reum were unable to remain happy for long due to the villains of Human Tech who desperately attempted to seize Ji Oh and his daughter to fulfill their desire to take over the world. Ji Oh once again ran to the battlefield but was then pushed away by Gu Reum, who didn’t want their daughter to be confined to a tragic fate brought upon her by her father’s genes.

Ryu Joong Kwon (Ahn Nae Sang) and Hwang Jung Ah (Jin Kyung) then used Ji Oh’s weaknesses to convince him that taking over the world was the only way to protect his family. No longer able to bear a life where he is pushed away by Gu Reum and his daughter is stigmatized just like he once was, Ji Oh made the decision to join hands with Hwang Jung Ah, marking a dangerous turn toward the side of evil.

luca-the-beginning-kim-rae-won.jpg

To find out how Ji Oh’s dangerous decision will affect the drama’s conclusion, don’t miss the final episodes of “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning,” which will air on March 8 and 9 at 9 p.m. KST.

Catch up on the drama with subtitles below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 1-7, 2021

dramaratings_3.jpg

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-mar-1-7-2021/

Monday, Mar. 1      
River Where the Moon Rises 5 KBS 8.8%
Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick 13 JTBC 1.8%
L.U.C.A.: The Beginning 9 tvN 6.2%
Tuesday, Mar. 2      
River Where the Moon Rises 6 KBS 9.2%
Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick 14 JTBC 1.7%
L.U.C.A.: The Beginning 10 tvN 6.3%
  • Like 2

• Guest changed the title to Kim Rae Won 김래원 ❤ Ardent Actor ❤ Shining Star

*** "L.U.C.A.: The Beginning"  has reached its end this week closing with a nationwide average viewership rating of 6 percent for its final episode and 5.5 percent for its penultimate episode. I'm not really happy with how it ended. The ending is heartbreaking. Still, the series remained mostly interesting till the end.  :wow2:

luca_main_2.jpg?itok=k2OWdUF7&width=750&

picture source : PinkVilla.com

• Like 1

*** "L.U.C.A." simmered down to a quiet end, its final ratings neither the best or worst. :heart3:

*****************************************************************************************

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 8-14, 2021

dramaratings_3.jpg

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-mar-8-14-2021/

Monday, Mar. 8      
River Where the Moon Rises 7 KBS 8.7%
Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick 15 JTBC 1.6%
L.U.C.A.: The Beginning 11 tvN 5.5%
Tuesday, Mar. 9      
River Where the Moon Rises 8 KBS 8.3%
Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick 16 JTBC 1.7%
L.U.C.A.: The Beginning 12 tvN 6.0%
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 9:50 PM, Mave Doan said:

May I ask why news about Rae Won is so rare ???
Is he not as active as he used to be or is he more private now?

Thank you.

@Mave Doan, KRW has an upcoming action film titled “Decibel” (literal title) and it has begun filming on April 20! It has been confirmed that Kim Rae Won, Lee Jong Suk, Jung Sang Hoon, Park Byung Eun, Lee Sang Hee, Jo Dal Hwan, and ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo have been cast in the film. The movie is about a group of people racing to stop a sound terrorism attack in the city that is similar to an incident that happened in a submarine a year ago. Kim Rae Won will play a Navy commander who has to stop a terrorism attack in the form of a sound bomb planted in the heart of the city. Amazing casting choices! This is exciting. This is a must see. Can’t wait to see KRW again in the big screen. :emmm:

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=076&aid=0003722301

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, hello! 

Finally once again here. 

Hope everybody is okay, healthy, happy. :sweet:

Thank you for all the updates!! :issohappy:

On 4/10/2021 at 4:50 PM, Mave Doan said:

May I ask why news about Rae Won is so rare ???
Is he not as active as he used to be or is he more private now?

Thank you.

He was always like this. Private :please:

When he doesn't have project we see him so rare. 

But I imagine him in his fishing world ( he loves to go fishing). 

On 4/28/2021 at 7:11 AM, willenette said:

Thank you, @willenette!! You bring always so many good:yaaa: news. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2021 at 3:55 AM, maria1983 said:

Good evening to all!

Hope everybody is doing amazing

Hope we will find out soon about the new project of our Prince. Pray! 

@maria1983, he is currently working on his new movie "Decibel," and recently I saw this BTS picture during the filming of the upcoming film. He seemed to be having fun while on a break. Rae Won were wearing an all-white uniform. With these photos, I'm now looking forward to the upcoming movie. He's looking good in his uniform. "Decibel" production officially started last April 20 after the cast lineup was finalized. ASTRO member and Cha Eun Woo will also be sharing the same frame with Lee Jong Suk and Kim Rae Won.  :Twerkdatbutt:

lee-jong-suk-and-kim-rae-won.jpg?w=600?w

Spoiler

photos source : Kdramastars

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, hello~ Hope everyone is well ^^

I've been digging through old interviews of Rae Won and started subbing some of them. I don't think these were ever translated before?

I'll be subbing more over the next few weeks, definitely let me know if there's any specific that you guys would like me to sub, I do take requests! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 3/31/2021 at 10:34 PM, Mave Doan said:

L.U.C.A leads me to here...  :relaxed:

@Mave Doan, NICE to know that I guess you have watched the drama. L.U.C.A.: The Beginning is full of action and thriller scenes. I don’t like the ending of the drama, though – I guess those who have watched it - many of you will also not like the ending of the drama. I love Ji O as a character. It’s a 12 episodes drama and I must say, I am so happy because I really don’t dig long drama EPs. I’ve been supporting for lower episodes counts. I’ve been enjoying my time a lot watching this. The most illogical thing for me is how Gu Reum is still alive…. she’s been beaten so much and tossed around & I am so shocked her character is still alive. – hahaha - It just makes it so unbelievable. Kim Rae Won nails the role so well and he’s almost unrecognizable here. You can tell he’s put a lot of effort into the portrayal of this character, he feels desperate and his performance here is just amazing. Everyone in this drama is doing so well; there is no weak link here.  :Twerkdatbutt:

• 4 weeks later...

‘Doctors’ Cast Update 2021

SBS' "Doctors," starring Park Shin Hye, Kim Rae Won, Yoon Kyun Sang, Lee Sung Kyung, is no doubt one of the OG medical series in the K-drama world. It opened the viewers to the struggle and challenges that these medical staff face every day-may be personal or professional.

doctors.jpg?w=900

Despite successfully wrapping up the drama in 2016, the "Doctors" cast was able to maintain their friendship and have been sharing their mini get-together on social media.

Kim Rae Won (Prof. Hong Ji Hong)

park-shin-hye-and-kim-rae-won.jpeg?w=600

In the 2016 SBS series, the versatile actor served as Park Shin Hye's love interest and, at the same time, her mentor in the K-drama, portraying Hong Ji Hong.

source : Kdramastars