[drama 2008] White Lies 하얀 거짓말

Guest huangsy

gerryg: Sporadically, I check this thread for any updates. Unfortunately, it seems like you and I are in the same boat because I'd liked to know the answer to your questions, too. :unsure:

Hi Hi Auntie Mame

Oh the frustration. I can tell this is a good series but unfortunately it's heavely dependent on the conversation and thus I easily get lost about what's going on. :tears:

Hopefully someone will come to our rescue :D

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nysophia_x_ii

Can someome please tell me what is going on.

- Is the mother of the austic son trying to make his wife take herbal medicine to get pregnant.

- Did his wife refuse. Under what grounds?

- What has happen to the little boy? Was he abused real bad? How much does the husband know. Does he knows the little boy is his oldest daughter son?

hi :)

ok, just to answer your questions:

yes, the mother is trying to make the wife get pregnant, and no it's not that she refuses to drink it. It's that he won't even let her sleep on his bed. When his mother asked him why, he said "cuz this is my bed. no one can sleep on it." and she was just so shocked that she couldn't say anything. In other words, they have never slept in the same bed.

and i'm not sured what the second question is...but the girl's father knows that it's his grandson, which is why he wants to keep him and raise him without her knowing.

oh and also, just fyi, she had thought that her baby died when she was hit by the car. but in reality, her parents gave the baby away, hoping she would start a new life. well, now she's gonna...find out...

Guest redzone85

I enjoy watching alot of Shin Eun Kyung stuff (movies and dramas) but i read on wikidrama that this one has 200 episodes!! thats close to 100 hours, im not sure if i should bother with this one to be honest.

What is the feedback on this drama?

Guest nysophia_x_ii

I enjoy watching alot of Shin Eun Kyung stuff (movies and dramas) but i read on wikidrama that this one has 200 episodes!! thats close to 100 hours, im not sure if i should bother with this one to be honest.

What is the feedback on this drama?

haha, well, as you can tell, this thread is...dead...lolz, but ummm, it's pretty fun to watch, if you have the endurance to watch it. I'm watching it for Shin eun gyung also, but yeah. try it, and see if you like it :)

haha, well, as you can tell, this thread is...dead...lolz, but ummm, it's pretty fun to watch, if you have the endurance to watch it. I'm watching it for Shin eun gyung also, but yeah. try it, and see if you like it :)

I put this series on the same scale as Temptation of Wife. If this wasn't a morning drama maybe it would get more attention. Anyway, this series is sooooo good. Even though I am confused due to my lacking language skills, I can't stop watching it, it's really good.

I put this series on the same scale as Temptation of Wife. If this wasn't a morning drama maybe it would get more attention. Anyway, this series is sooooo good. Even though I am confused due to my lacking language skills, I can't stop watching it, it's really good.

May not be much consolation. But, this thread isn't as dead as the thread of another drama that I'm watching; i.e. "Splendor of Youth/Glory of Youth". That thread has a grand total of 813 hits since it was created. Actually, I wonder if anyone, besides me, is watching. :unsure:

Oh well, all alone am I when you said "good-bye".(remember that song?) Seems like everyone said, "good-bye" to this drama. Assuming that anyone even said "hello". ... sheesh :wacko:

Guest avonmarissa

I started watching this about a week ago; granted I cheated and skipped a couple of episodes. I am very interested about the relationship between the autistic man and his wife. I wonder what the outcome of their relationship will be.

Guest redzone85

May not be much consolation. But, this thread isn't as dead as the thread of another drama that I'm watching; i.e. "Splendor of Youth/Glory of Youth". That thread has a grand total of 813 hits since it was created. Actually, I wonder if anyone, besides me, is watching. :unsure:

Oh well, all alone am I when you said "good-bye".(remember that song?) Seems like everyone said, "good-bye" to this drama. Assuming that anyone even said "hello". ... sheesh :wacko:

That drama is a flop, the competition for morning dramas are real tight.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Glory_of_Youth/Episode_Ratings

Temptation of wife ownage.

Yeh, i like her stuff.

I was having lunch just now at my parents home, and i saw bits of it. Is not bad, but im not sure if i should watch this, because i am preoccupied with so many dramas withjust not enough time at the moment. I might reserve the videos or download files, and watch them in a later date.

This drama personally doesnt squeeze into my tv leisure time, but there is always periods of the year when there are no decent dramas out.

Let me know, how you enjoying it.

** LOL, i saw Kim Jin and wow... he is so old now, i remember watchingg 3 boys and 3 girls sitcom and it doesnt feel so long.

• 3 weeks later...

Could someone tell explain what is happening? Why is she so afraid of the guy calling her? I missed some episodes. Could someone explain how she got her son and does she know who his identity?

Could someone tell explain what is happening? Why is she so afraid of the guy calling her? I missed some episodes. Could someone explain how she got her son and does she know who his identity?

Thank goodness someone is just as confused as I am. Hey, are you getting tired of her pathetic look. My goodness she pulls it out every 3 minutes!

Thank goodness someone is just as confused as I am. Hey, are you getting tired of her pathetic look. My goodness she pulls it out every 3 minutes!

Hey gerryg!!

I watch this show EVERY day in my office....

and I agree about the pathetic look....

the stranger that keeps demanding money from her - she pawned some jewelry, and the guy was surprised that she came up with the money.... and then shows up and gives it back to her demanding more...

and the ex- is pulling all the strings while arranging to steal the kid and take him to England.

Today he was trying to arrange English classes for him.

and the ex-'s English is awful!!

the stranger keeps showing up at the house - but her autistic husband finally spoke up and made the connection between the him(the stranger) and her ex- (and the real father of the little boy)

He said that "Hyung's friend is a bad man too.."

and she finally got a clue and said.... "you know him (her ex-) and he hemmed and hawed... about it....

Preview shows her going to her ex-'s and slapping the crap out of him.....

ABOUT TIME!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So in the end.... the "bad man" kidnapped the little boy from the playground while he was playing with the Autistic husband....

Only the bad double-crossed her ex- and demanded more money.

The ex- truly freaked out - and got the money -

So now both parents are desperate - but they don't know the involvement of the other....

All the time the little boy is scared and crying.

So the ex- makes the drop of a bag of money - while the "bad man' on the phone directs him to car in a different directions...... The ex-'s thugs capture the "bad man" and the ex- finds the little boy....

the kid's asleep - so he takes the opportunity to beat the crude out of the double crosser....

and then the ex- splits for the airport - holding 2 tickets to England....

The beat up thug - then goes to the kid's mom and tells her that the ex- has the boy and is on his way to the airport...

She calls up her ex's current wife - and asks her where he is.... she says on a plane that is leaving about now...

She races alone to the airport and finds them in line - about to cross through to the plane gates...

She grabs the kid - who screams "MOM"!!!

and the ex- is about to split the kid pulling the other way - until the child collapses and he lets her have him to take to a hospital.

Now the child's mom is determined to mess with her ex- and shows up for dinner at his house wearing the necklace that her ex' bought TWO of - one for her and one for his wife....

His current wife is FINALLY getting suspicious and putting two and two together....

She goes to the jeweler's and confirms that her husband bought 2 of the same necklace...

His wife had also already found a "spare" wedding ring - that she didn't know what to make of...

and finally the Friday cliffhanger is that she got into her husband's locked desk drawer and found the

torn up picture of the 2 of them together - she puts the pieces back together and VOILA!

the light finally goes to the top!

Does Madam Shin knows that the little boy is the son of her daughter-in-law? Is that why she put them out of her house? When her autistic son was trying to get to his family his mother trapped him like a wild dog. I felt so sorry for him. I couldn't believe she cornered him to bed room door. Finally he was desperate yet smart enough to climb out of the window. I can't imagine treating someone as inhuman and cold as she did.

Anyway, is madam Shin suspicious that the the ex is the father of the little boy? And what is going on between the two lowly mothers. Why are they always arguing and what exactly are they arguing about? Both of them are low-life form in my eyes.

Also, is the ex's wife pregnant? Was she going to the clinic for fertility treatment and it work or are they still trying. I wonder what's going to happen when she finds that her sister-in-law is working with her lover. I wonder if the lover and s-i-l will get together or will it be just a simple case of blackmail.

I know I always have more questions than comments when it comes to this story. I am so into it yet I am so lost. My one comment though,

I am amazed at how the adult treats the little boy like an object to be hidden or stolen. I still can not get pass how the grandmother snatch away a brand new baby boy and brought back an emotionally abused raggedy Andy doll. It makes my heart ache when I see him having a hard time trying to cope. I wouldn't be so forgiving, even to my mother, in that situation.

Yay, finally some answers! Only trouble is that I have even more questions.

I still don't know the ex's intent, on taking the son away to England. I thought his first priority was to be part of the family business. Isn't that why he gave her up, when his father died? So, he's giving up the business and wife to run away to England???? Or, has he already stolen the company funds?

And, since he's the one who abandoned her, why is he so mad at her?

I keep wondering how much Madame Shin knows or if she is manipulating any part of it.

Thank you to canyayasis for the latest report.

Guest nysophia_x_ii

I still don't know the ex's intent, on taking the son away to England. I thought his first priority was to be part of the family business. Isn't that why he gave her up, when his father died? So, he's giving up the business and wife to run away to England???? Or, has he already stolen the company funds?

And, since he's the one who abandoned her, why is he so mad at her?

I keep wondering how much Madame Shin knows or if she is manipulating any part of it.

yeah, it's kinda strange that he's giving everything up and trying to leave to England.

He's mad at her because she didn't tell him that their son was still alive. After he found out, he asked her one last time, "what happened to our baby?" and she responded by saying that "he died". and he took this to sort of mean that their love also died. That's why he's so upset with her. from his view, he feels like he didn't have a choice. he feels that he had to marry so that he could continue in the company. yeah, it's really selfish... :.sigh.: so frustrating.

and I think madame shin has her suspicions but she can't confirm it yet. but she keeps looking at the way shin eun gyung's character takes care of the child, how she's always so loving to him. It's abnormal to her and she's starting to get suspicious. with her power, she will probably start investigating and find out REALLY soon :crazy:

@nysophia_x_ii: Thank you for more explanations. :D

gerryg and I are non-Korean speakers. Although we can figure out some things, we are so lost regarding other things. So, we keep coming to the thread to see if anyone has posted any comments that will give us a clue to what's happening.

For awhile, it felt like it was just gerryg and I yoo-hooing to each other in an empty cave. :lol::blink::wacko:

The ex- plucked some hair from the boy and did a DNA test to confirm that he is the father.

Madam Shin knows that the boy is her daughter-in-law's biological son - and initially that's why she threw them out -

but the autistic son - as mentioned bloodied his hands to escape to his wife and the boy....

the ex- had sent Madam Shin a tape recorder of the daughter-in-law admitting that the boy is her biological son.

(the ex- sent it anonymously... he had recorded one of their conversations)

he finally jumped out of the car one day (thinking he saw his wife and the boy) and got away from Madam Shin and the driver...

He remembered something his wife had said - and found a taxi to take him to her parents home...

only when he got there, he didn't have enough money - so the driver was berating him - and he sister in law showed up and paid the taxi.

He went up with her - and when his mom came over - he went to his wife's bedroom and refused to leave.

Without much of a choice, Madam Shin brought the wife and the boy back to her house.

and Madam Shin told the boy that he should call the "ahjumma" ... "eo-mah"

yOO-hOO Auntie Mame Look what we got :D

Thank you canyayasis and also nysophia_x_ii for your summary and explanation.

There's a scene where Mrs. Shin announces something regarding the little boy to the family. Maybe she's going to allow her son to adopt him and put him under his registry. Never-the-less, the ex- just blatantly rejected and refused the idea in front of everyone. When you see this please let me know what did he say and why did everyone accept his hostile attitude.

But just prior to that scene I was very happy to see the little boy come into the room and then sit between the legs of Mrs. Shin's son. The ex was so mad then, I thought he was going to black out from high blood pressure. :D

@gerryg: Imagine the following cartoon drawing: A group of people, parched and dry, crawling across the sands of a hot desert, dying of thirst for some water. B)

The people are all of us, non-Korean speakers, who are watching this drama without subs.

And, thanks to canyayasis & nysophia_x_ii, who has just given us water, WE ARE SAVED!!! :wacko::w00t:

Archived