[drama 2008] White Lies 하얀 거짓말

Guest huangsy

At some point - to those who end up watching this series -

we might want to think about uploading to MU for folks...

just an early idea, that's all - not a committment ... yet!

MU uploading is tiresome on a daily show!

Hi Canya from a mile high city,

MU uploading may be tiresome, Come on it's only 370 meg size.

For me well, I have limited bandwiths (100G per month).

so not for me. Good to read yours. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BTW Who will be white liar??

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yoo Hoo, is anyone, out in soompi-land, still watching this drama? Since I don't speak Korean and there's no one doing summaries, I have no idea what is going on now. :blink:

Yoo Hoo, anyone watching??? :unsure:

I also don't know what's going on, so I'm hoping someone will summarize this good series. Please!

Guest dramaok

i saw up to epi. 4, and so far...

Eun-Yeong's dad got promoted as captain of the guards at the dept. store, and Mz. Shin even goes to his house and tells them she wants her son to marry Eun-Yeong.

at first EY's parents are thrilled but soon her dad finds out about Hyeong-Woo's disability and is infuriated and so he quits his job and throws the money at Mz. Shin,

but Mz. Shin gets down her knees and begs him to give his daughter to her as daughter-in-law. of course he won't but now he's jobless..

then Eun-Yeong runs into Jeong-Woo and Jeong-Woo pretends to be Mz. Shin's chauffer, and tells EY he disappeared 5 years ago because his dad killed himself and it was his fault. so he diddn't think he deserved to be happy again. but now he's back to be w/ her. o.O.. now his wife, Na-Kyeong is at first kinda suspicious but JW got an alibi who textmessages him pretending to thank him for helping him w/ his job all night long (the night JW didn't come home) and so Na-Kyeong is not suspicious for now..

Then Mz. Shin wants to make EY's family broke and is plotting to take away their house to make them desperate and i think she hired a pretend businessman to approach EY"s dad w/ a business proposition to invest his house as collatoral.

I was wondering just what could he possible tell her about why he went MIA. :blink: See although you know I've been watching these stories for quite some time now, I still don't have such a thought pattern to come up with such a bold face lie as that!

Anyway Dramaok thank you kindly for saving us. I actually stop at 4 and now I think I've got enough to go on without consistently asking myself... why is she with him!!!!! :unsure:

Thanks! :D

Guest dramaok

saw up to 7..

a couple more revelations..

Na-Kyeong the rich wife, was previously married and divorced, before her current marriage with Jeong-Woo.

Jeong-Woo really thinks he can pull off this double identity thing.. married to Na-Kyeong while still seeing Eun-Yeong.

Mz. Shin pretends to be repentful and asks Eun-Yeong to go see Hyeong-Woo once..

while in the meantime, she already ordered Jeong-Woo to go hire one of Eun-Yeong's dad's desperate friend to go approach Eun-Yeong's dad to swindle some money.

Hyeong-Woo is a little younger than Jeong-Woo but they share the same father. Mz. Shin is the deceased father's first wife, and Jeong-Woo's mother is the mistress.

Eun-Yeong's father once suffered a life-threatening illness which was cured after surgery, but if he is traumatized the illness could come back. Mz. Shin found this out from the doctor at the hospital Eun-Yeong works at.

@dramaok: Thank you for more tidbits.

I thought the scenario may have JW being the son of a mistress. It seems like, Mz Shin, begrudgingly, accepts JW's involvement in their family affairs.

Question: Were JW and EY married when they were happily living in the roof top house?

@dramaok: Thank you for more tidbits.

I thought the scenario may have JW being the son of a mistress. It seems like, Mz Shin, begrudgingly, accepts JW's involvement in their family affairs.

Question: Were JW and EY married when they were happily living in the roof top house?

I found this at http://www.allkoreandrama.com/2008/11/white-lies.html

Synopsis

Seo Eun Young and Kang Jung Woo are happy married couple. Suddenly, when Eun Young was pregnant, Jung Woo abandoned Eun Young to marry a rich woman , Na Kyung, and then the two went to study abroad for 5 years.

Then, Eun Young work as a nurse in a hospital. Kang Hyung Woo is one of her patient. Kang Hyung Woo's mother, Madam Shin, a department store owner, want to make Eun Young to marry her son.

I am still curious if they were actually married. I think I'll believe it if dramok says it true.

Do you think maybe they got married but never sign the marriage certificate?

How else can they remarry without divorce (and obviously they did not divorce because poor EY didn't even know he abandon her) What do you think?

no they never married. JW told EY he was an orphan when they first met and they lived together as boyfriend and girlfriend.

gerryg: Your questions are also my questions. The mystery deepens ...

Mystery solved! Thank you Dramaok!!!!

When EY finds out that JW betrayed her and is already married do you think she will then marry soft-spoken HyeongWoo? Also, what impact will marrying HW have on JeongWoo?

Thank you dramaok and hi Auntie Mame and gerryg!

I've watched up to episode 6. After reading about the story so far I'm not sure if I want to carry on watching this - its really going to be all dark and twisted! Don't know if my heart can take it :crazy:

I've watched up to episode 6. After reading about the story so far I'm not sure if I want to carry on watching this - its really going to be all dark and twisted! Don't know if my heart can take it :crazy:

:lol:

The problem may not be the heart. But, it will definitely be my stomach. Mz Shin is already giving me stomach reflex acid. :tongue2:

whooooo ... This drama may end up with a revenge theme. I think JW finally told EY the truth because she was totally devastated. She cut up the portrait that she was painting of him and left him. At one point, her sadness turned into anger towards him.

In the mean time, Mz Shin's plan to bankrupt EY's family has worked. When the father found out that he was scammed, he collapsed and is hospitalized.

I only understood the word telling the family to "prepare" from the doctor. So, the father must be in very bad condition. :unsure:

That's all I got out of the action today.

Guest dramaok

ep. 8-9:

JW asks EY to spend her life w/ him. she thinks he's proposing marriage and tells her family, and dad wants to meet his guy,

so she sets up a time and JW reluctantly agrees to come but pulls a no-show last minute. then he arranges to go on a overnight trip with EY, telling his wife he's going to japan instead. there at some mansion, he shows her a drawing room for her to come and draw whenver she has time since art was her dream.

Mz. Shin meets with EY's mother, Mrs. Seo and gives her an apt as a present. saying she wants to make EY's parent's life comfortable so that EY can feel comfortable about leaving them for marriage in teh future. Mrs. Seo is such a money wwhore.

the conartist JW hired to swindle EY's dad, Mr. Seo.. well he's supposed to 'disappear' after the scam to thailand forever but it seems the guy may come back and haunt JW later on. the man warns JW they are partners in crime.

at the end of ep. 9, in the preview clip for next episode.

JW to EY: i am married. you be my secret woman!

also it seems Na-Kyeong has kept her first marriage a secret form Jeong-Woo. her first marriage ended during honeymoon

yes this drama is quite heavy. i think Mz. Shin has some redeeming qualities left... we'll see.. but JW i'm not sure what to think of him.. and it seems Hyeong-Woo will marry Eun-Yeong afterall.. maybe as her revenge, but i bet she falls for him in the process.

Guest kauaisurfer

Mystery solved! Thank you Dramaok!!!!

When EY finds out that JW betrayed her and is already married do you think she will then marry soft-spoken HyeongWoo? Also, what impact will marrying HW have on JeongWoo?

We LOVE it...when a mystery is solved...AND mr. gerryg, we do NOT have a Sherlock Holmes complex...well maybe a small one.

...We just can not see or fathom EY ...marrying on the rebound. We just not see that in her character's complex makeup.

... and it seems Hyeong-Woo will marry Eun-Yeong afterall.. maybe as her revenge, but i bet she falls for him in the process.

We both are SERIOUSLY doubtful that EY will marry HW...ALREADY stated she will seek reveng in a more meaningful way...

...We SALUTE ALL with a Good Cup of Coffee...

We would go surfing...but the rain is heavy the last couple of days...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived