G.dragon Shocking Koreans With His Outfit Worn At M.net 20's Choice

Guest happy.birthday

Guest tecktonik/

Um. You know, the only reason he was forgiven is because he's a guy. I think boy groups always have it easier than girls. Imagine if a girl wore a shirt similar to G-Dragon's. She would be bashed like there's no tommorrow. o.o Just because GDRAGON wore that shirt, its funny and looks good on him. :| That shirt's ugly... And so is that hat

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read something where it mentioned Big Bang was able to wear what they wanted?

Like they coordinate their own clothes?

If that's the case, I think it went a bit too far.

What Americans/other countries think is besides the point - they're in KOREA.

Because they're such a popular group that has already shown it's potential to influence teenagers, it is only reasonable that Koreans would be angry at such clothing.

As a Korean born and raised in America all my life, I didn't have much of a reaction, though the I <3 XXX thing was kind of meh, but I know that if I was raised in Korea (my family is pretty conservative), I would definitely see that clothing as completely inappropriate.

In other words, while I don't think I would lose my fangirl-ness of Big Bang, I know I would be really disappointed (though it would blow over in a while), I would have to show less of my praise for them towards my folks because they would have very negative thoughts about them.

So YES Ji Yong's clothing crossed the line (I'm not saying exactly he did, but he should have put a bit more thought into wearing that type of clothing).

Also, I think the thing is that profanity or any other words with bad meanings in another language that's not the home country language is considered less 'bad'? Like I hear Korean cuss words and while my friends my Korea and my parents are like omgahd that's bad to say, I'm just like...oh really?

And vice versa.

Oh and besides all that morality talk, that whole outfit is hideous.

Guest Storytime

Like most people said, we have no problem with it here in the US because we've seen a lot worse. But that's Korea, Korea is conservative and it's a good thing, but those buttons are not.

Guest Yangie12

Am I the only one who laughed her butt off seeing GD like this?

I mean seriously, that guy has some guts.

Though I agree that his shirt is very ugly -don't get me started about that thing on his head-, I still find it somewhat amusing n_n

But yeah, the first time is funny. Just don't wear sometime like that anymore, GD.

Guest starcaption

errr what is that muffler thing on his head? looks like what old rich ladies wears =/

uhh he's a bit lucky he's in korea, because of the f-word on his shirt (i haven't seen anyone wear the f-word in america).

i think asian ppl like the f-word.

and the sex part... yeah he should watch what he wears next time, you're not that cool.

anyways, lol cause he looks like a retard.

Guest j-star

man they went crazy bc of a flag on top's jacket? O_O but i could see the issue clearly on gdragons shirt. he probaly would have been spared if he knew no ounce of english but these days korean people's vocabulary in english skills have increased and big bang is no exception. poor guy, if he was full of it, just blame the coordi. but bc of his english skills he ultimately has to take partial balme

Guest supergirl9789

ok i really am a big fan of g dragon

but that shirt was designed to be worn by gays

one of the button says "fear the queer"

john galliano (the shirt's designer) is a very blunt and proud gay man and is saying that gays should be proud, loud, etc.

and i dont think gd knew that.

poor gd

It's not that shocking since other stars have worn "sexually explicit" clothing before. I guess it could be offensive to some sensitive Koreans. But poor choice of clothing I must say... and what's with the furry thing? xD

Guest abcdaisy

i don't think it matters really?!

when i i first saw the pictures i look at his hair

and i thought he was wearing an afro?! but he was wearing that

thingy i don't know what to call it i don't really mind the 69 and i love sex thingy

really?! who ever takes it personally is dumb

he's a funny person...

Guest ii_christie

Oh wow just saw the big sticker with " I ♥ sex" on it but when I looked closer I noticed the "strong" words on it that might offend people. Well personally I don't think that as much of a big deal but certainly it might influence some youngsters. Hopefully this incident does give a bad rep to Big Bang. BB hwaiting!

Guest shellaayy

LOL @ G-D's shirt. It's ugly anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

I'm guessing GD actually doesn't realize what the shirt says, since their english level isn't that great / they don't use those words in their everyday lives. xP

i really think GD is kinda cocky and arrogant sometimes, he seems to think that he can get away with anything without any consequence...i mean he is a freakin idol star and he should be a good role model to his fans...he is trying too hard to look different and cool but he comes out as careless and inconsiderate...even superstars in korea will not do this kind of thing coz they know fans look up to them....

GD don't be such a bighead coz they are already rumors about you being cocky and arrogant

Um. You know, the only reason he was forgiven is because he's a guy. I think boy groups always have it easier than girls. Imagine if a girl wore a shirt similar to G-Dragon's. She would be bashed like there's no tommorrow. o.o Just because GDRAGON wore that shirt, its funny and looks good on him. :|

I agreed :ph34r:

Personally, I think that shirt is incredibly unattractive. T_____T;;

The buttons, in a sense, are explicit for Korea because it is so conservative. You don't just go around wearing stuff like that in Korea, especially when you're in the public eye.

I think he shouldn't have worn that but I also think the public is overreacting.

He could just apologize for it and get it over with.

Guest terrorterror5

to wear at an awards show in korea, kinda foolish and very unnecessary. korea is crazy conservative, what type of reaction would there be besides the type he is getting. even in america it wouldn't be accepted. gd is still pretty young, in an idol group and for someone of his status to wear something like that, not smart. people in the public eye have responsibilities, damn snsd seems to get blasted for everything they do, imagine if one of them wore that shirt, it would be curtains for them.

its great how everyone makes excuses for someone they don't even know.

Guest ANG.7BD

the first thing was wow from his hair

it took me a minute to figure out that it wasn't his hair

I have no comment on that sticker. Just a Whoa..lmao

Archived