Which Asian Nationality Have Natural Double Eyelids Without Surgery

Guest MARYGRASS

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am 100% Chinese and i have monolids however both my sisters and mom have double lids. So it just depends.

But if we have to pick a nationality, i think people from southern parts of Asia have more double lids.

Guest Noodlebowl

Everyone in my Fam have caucasian sized eyes.

We're Cambodian.

My eyes are smaller than everyone else's though... I got my Dad's Chinese genes.

Everyone in my family makes fun of me. :(

But, Uh. I haven't seen any Cambodians without a fold.

Even though I have the smallest eyes in my family, I still have them.

:)

Guest P ri ss `

i'm a Singaporean Chinese, and i have double eyelids. Everyone in my family does.

However, my mum and i don't look quite Chinese.

I get the comment on "where are you from" alot.

Guest kiss_bunny

The only asian country that i know that everyone has double eye lids is India lol. and the countries west of it.

I Think the South Asian countries have double lids i mean most of them do i THINK.

Guest wanderingkind

I'm Thai, and I would say every relative/ other Thai person I have met has that double eyelid.

Guest kittyy

Im Korean and my dad has double eye lids, while my mom doesn't, yet all her siblings has natural double eyelids. I only have natural double eyelid on my left eye. I had to get surgery on the right side to match.. -_-

• 1 year later...

I'm Indian and Korean, and I have double eyelids and so does my mom. But her mom has mono lids. For Indians, it depends were you're from. I know SOUTH indians have double eyelids, but some East and alot of North Indians have monolids.

Guest sunye~

all asian nationalities have a certain percentage of people with natural double eyelids. whether or not you have it depends on genes. the stereotypes of asians most of the time stresses single eyelids so that's why it seems like most asians don't have double eyelids.

it's half and half in my family -- i'm japanese. there's a balanced number of people on my paternal and maternal sides who have double eyelids. i happen to have single eyelids but i'm slowly developing double eyelids.

Guest krystaliu

I'm pretty sure it depends on your genes. XD

I mean, my sister and I are both 100% Chinese and I have double lids all the time while she has double lids only in the morning, or when she rubs her eyes.

... actually, double lids are for every ethnicity, just more common in some than others. ^^;

Guest disfunktional.

The majority of viet people I know, including myself have double eyelids. They're not as big as Filipino eyelids but they're there :)

Guest bitterworld0.0

Myanmar ( Burmese )

all most everyone of us have double eyelids without sugery @@ which are really big =D

Guest r_keikei

im mixed singaporean (mum has double) and chinese (dad has single).

All three of my siblings have single eyelids and i have double and its funny cause when you pair my sister and i together we dont even look related.

It's just genetics, though i remember reading that some asian communities have single eyelids because over the years fat/skin accumulated there to protect eyes from the harsh sun. Often those asians in rural parts have it.

Guest that.ordinary-girl

I think it's all genetics haha :) I'm Chinese and I have natural double eyelids, but I know some Chinese friends who only have a single eyelid. My older sister has a double eyelid on one eye and triple on the other haha, it's actually pretty funny :) some of my Viet, Flip and Korean friends have single eyelids while the others have 2 or more!

Guest Eishi

I'm Chinese and I have double eyelids on one eye and semi-ish double eyelids on the other eye (does that even make sense? xD). But I think a lot of Filipinos have double eyelids and most have creases too :D

Archived