Which Asian Nationality Have Natural Double Eyelids Without Surgery

Guest MARYGRASS

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dorkafied!

I think all nationalities can naturally have double eyelids, it really depends on the genes :mellow: 

Guest flayz

i have double eyelids.... people say i look flip

im mainly chinese.... and probably a bit of viet.... but dont know how much lol

its complicated...

Guest weirdHarmony

well i think vietnamese does! i'm vietnamese and i have double eyelids. Actually i don't know any vietnamese who doesn't have ..

Guest mizzmacy08

It varies on all races.

I am Hmong and I have natural double eye lid. & I know some people of my own race who has single lids.

So i'm sure all Asian sub culture has either lids.

Guest hydraskylar

I think it depend on individuals, not races. My parents and I have double eyelids, so do all of my aunts and uncles, but some of my cousins have single eyelid (and no mixed marriages here)

Guest Sensitive_soul

Other than those that have already been mentioned, some Malaysians also do.

Actually, a lot of Asians are born with natural double eyelids that's why I absolutely HATE it when people say we try to look like Westerners

Guest Jun4351

i think it's more interesting to find westerners with single lids, i wonder if there ARE, or if i could find any photos, since it seems so much more rare...and yea totally, tons of asians are born with double lids, it's not to look western, it's just that it's more common that asians have single lids than other races, and so people overgeneralize that trait when comparing asians to others.

i think it's more interesting to find westerners with single lids, i wonder if there ARE, or if i could find any photos, since it seems so much more rare...and yea totally, tons of asians are born with double lids, it's not to look western, it's just that it's more common that asians have single lids than other races, and so people overgeneralize that trait when comparing asians to others.

Yup, there are westerners with single eyelids. Björk Guðmundsdóttir is 100% Icelandic (white european) and she has single eyelids, as do some other Scandinavians (very few though).

Guest Liandon

Many of the Koreans I've seen and know have natural double eyelids, but I have also seen many without them.

In our family though, my sister and I are the exceptions - we have single lids while everyone else doesn't.

Btw, every nationality is capable of having natural double eyelids. 

Guest Hui.

Malaysian represent :D i have double eyelids and so does the rest of my family. In fact, my mom has really big eyes for a chinese person.

Guest tsrider

I'm Viet and I lived in Vietnam for a while before. I rarely saw Viets with single eye-lid but there were definitely a few, especially boys (not men). I asked my mom before and she said that's because as they grow up, somehow their eyes seem to change to double lids. A few Viets have their lids "sharper" as they age as well.

All my family members have double eye lids except one of my cousins who clearly has single eye lids and ME!! Well, my eyes are hard to tell 'cause they're not single lidded but not double lidded either. They're in between and that's the most frustrating thing ever!!! I want surgery for that but my parents will literally throw me out of their house if I ever to bring up any topic about plastic surgery whatsoever.

That makes me wonder how did the people who had platic surgery convince their parents?

Guest wizengamot

yeah it depends on the genes. however, so far, i have not seen a pure filipino with monolids.

Filipinos are double eyelid people

Guest monkeyshinobi

Well every asian nationality has people with natural double eyelids and people with monolids. But I think some asian nationalities have more people with natural double lids. It seems like east asians have more people with monolids, while more southeast asians have more double lids. Idk why that is, but i've noticed it.

For me I know a bunch of Thai people with natural double-eyelids. I am actually one of them lol XD My mom, aunt, my whole family basically has double eyelids. My cousin's is strange, lol she has one monolid and one double eyelid, it's just so weird. She's partially chinese, her grandmother is chinese. So like 25% idk

Guest lilbaby06

Well every asian nationality has people with natural double eyelids and people with monolids. But I think some asian nationalities have more people with natural double lids. It seems like east asians have more people with monolids, while more southeast asians have more double lids. Idk why that is, but i've noticed it.

For me I know a bunch of Thai people with natural double-eyelids. I am actually one of them lol XD My mom, aunt, my whole family basically has double eyelids. My cousin's is strange, lol she has one monolid and one double eyelid, it's just so weird. She's partially chinese, her grandmother is chinese. So like 25% idk

I agree with your post, it does seem that South East Asian are more likely to have double eyelid, while East Asian are less likely to have double eyelids. As for China it is a huge country that is a mix of different people from different background so the proportion of double-lid and single-lid is harder to tell, unless we break it up into smaller region to consider . There is always exception to the rule so you will meet people who don't have the trait or have the trait even though they are from that region. Genetics and climate is usually the reason for a specific trait being more dominant. I have live in Japan for a year, in South Korea for 4 months, and in Vietnam for 1 month. I am Vietnamese so I do know quite a lot about Vietnamese people even if I didn't stay there for a long time. I also live in an area where I do encounter quite a bit of Asian so I base it off of what I have seen. I don't think there is anything wrong with having a double lid or a single lid therefore when I am commenting whether one country is more prone to having a double lid or single lid it is neither meant to be bad or good.

Guest hellokatie1618

I'm Laotian and have double lids, and a lot of the Laotian people I know have them if their family is more from the deep south versus near the border of China.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dorkhead

Most of my gf are all asian (chinese, viet, tai) and have double eyelids. only 1 girl fakes her double eyelids with her eyelashes. Perhaps it may change through generations living in different parts, like lactose intolerance xD? I do noticed guys having more monolids! Girls dont use eyetape here.

Amongst friends me and my sis have the most defined double eyelids inherited from our grandma...she had those kind of eyes that the skin goes inwards below the brow and lays ontop of your eyeball...very deep arcade-arch i think? Now we have double eyelids, but after our 4th year our innercorners changed as if we had major magic epi done o.o

These were our eyes as babies and it not really changed xD! But whenever i gain weight the fat under my brows will bulge and hoot my lids a lil :(. Due to our eyes and other facial features we are often thought of being mixed, i often draw winged lines to look more asian Even when visiting friends in china daddy is always asked if he is our stephdad xD

babyfoto-1.jpg

Archived