Which Asian Nationality Have Natural Double Eyelids Without Surgery

Guest MARYGRASS

Guest hwaiting

Just to answer the question, even though many have before. There's no particular ethnicity with guaranteed double eye-lids but we do see ethnicities that have more OR less.

Now onto myself and my family. We all have double eyelids. I don't know anyone in my family, or even extended that doesn't have double eyelids. My crease is quite small, I probably have the smallest, less noticeable in my family but they are indeed there. My eyes are from my Vietnamese/Chinese dad, my Vietnamese/European mother and sisters all have a larger more.. euro like crease and of course their eyes are light brown/hazel. Figures. Haha

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fuzzy.wuzzy

Filipinos, Indonesians, Thais, Taiwanese, Vietnamese, Malaysians etc. all have high prevalence of double eyelids. I read somewhere that in Chinese people, the prevalence of double eyelids is something like 50%.

Most Chinese are actually of Austronesian descent and are related to the above groups (by Taiwanese I mean the Formosan natives, I know most Taiwanese people are of Hakka and Han descent), whilst Japanese, Koreans and Tibetans are of a different genetic family. With the second group, monolids are more common, something like 75-80% naturally.

There is science and anthropology behind it, if anyone's really interested I'll find links for you :)

Guest emacs

i know many asians envies double eyelids

serious question: is there a medical or health reason for this envy?

Guest happybun

I don't think so. :D

You know, Asians are often teased for their small eyes. Double eye-lids create an illusion of larger, rounder eyes.

I'm full Vietnamese and have deep double eye-lids. But my father has smaller double eye-lids as well as my younger brother. My younger sister, my mother and I all of deep double eye-lids.

One of my friends has monolids but she's only half Vietnamese while my full Vietnamese boyfriend has monolids as well D:

But, I think many Vietnamese people have double eye-lids.

Guest monkeyinabarrel

Darwins theory of evolution: natural selection. Ideas of beauty changes and beauty standards are made by those who rule (celebrities, politicians wife, magazines, etc..). Before white people came asians didn't have the need to get double eye lids (when they did they brought their war machines and stuff :mellow: ). It helps us pick the most suitable mate (best for reproduction and choosing the person with the best power)

Who's more attractive: Hugh Hefner or Daniel Henny? Obviously daniel henny.

What's more attractive? a guy with gang green (skin disease) or a healthy normal guy?

Who would you want to date? a janitor or a CEO?  CEO 

Who's going to have a better appearance? janitor or CEO? CEO (usually the case unless he's an old fart like america's playboy Hugh)

It's built into all of us (including other species), it helps keep species from going extinct

Guest Ashley-Kat

I think I'm one of the lucky Chinese girls who got double eye lids~ The outside kind, not inside. XD But a lot of Taiwanese girls I know have them too~

Guest luv_panda

Alot of cultures. I find alot of viet girls have them same goes for Chinese and japanese...alot do..

Also lots of westerners don't have double eyelids. They have very deep set eye sockets which gives the illusion of a eye fold.

Asian's bone structure doesn't allow for the deep set eye sockets do we envy those you have it to achieve an eye fold.

Guest AnnaGui

I'm Chinese and I have a natural double eye lid... But I find that most of my Chinese and Korean friends, or just all my Asian friends, don't have a double eye lid. I wonder why some Asians have them and some don't?

Guest miss.you

uhhh...all asian ethnicities have natural double eyelids....just not all people within that nationality do, and all asians can have single lids. Well maybe not all asians, I don't know about those nations west of China....

THANK YOU FOR POINTING THIS OUT!

Too often, people seem to think that an entire race either has or doesn't have something.

Do all white people have big eyes? No. Do all black people have large butts? Nope.

I'm Korean, and I have a natural double eyelid, same with my mother's side of the family for generations and generations on.

Apparently when my mother's family lived in Korea, their eyes were very famous in their neighborhood. They even went as far as to call them "Ham Apricot Eyes" (Ham is their family name, by the way)

And I hear that the double eyelid is just there depending on where your eye muscle sits, so... :P 

I'd say mostly Viet and Filipino girls have a lot of double eyelids :P

Guest Eve1430266525

I'm Chinese and have double eye-lids.. o_o

but, anyone from any ethnicity can have double eyelids.

I mostly see vietnamese, and philipinos having them.

Guest nauticalblue

My parents are both fully Han Chinese and my mother has double eyelids, while my father has monolids. I suppose my mother is a bit of a rarer exception, since most Han Chinese (not one of the southern Chinese ethnic groups) I've met have monolids, me included. I often see southern Chinese and Vietnamese people with double eyelids with the exception of a few that I know. The same goes for Filipinos. There aren't very many Koreans here where I live, but I've seen them with both monolids and double eyelids (natural, not surgical). I've seen plenty of exceptions to every nationality, but I do tend to see double lids more prevalent in certain nationalities.

Guest pok3ydot

I'm the only one in my full vietnamese family that has monolids...probably every ethnicity has both but with one being the majority. Although i really have never seen an Indian person with monolids... o.0

Guest assbleeder

I thought it was like a genetic trait that all races have...

THIS! All races have those that do, and do not. It's not a race thing, it's a genetic thing.

Archived