Which Asian Nationality Have Natural Double Eyelids Without Surgery

Guest MARYGRASS

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest iliketurdows

o.o true, ive never seen a viet monolids!

myeye.jpg

Double like these? Vietnamese btw, and i don't think i've ever met another viet with single

Guest couturelust

i think it's more of a genetic thing than a nationality thing. i'm 100% chinese and i have really big double-lidded eyes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LuVaHgiLaHsA

I don't think it's based on nationality. It's probably just genetics. I'm Chinese and I have double eyelids. My whole family does too. My korean friend also has deep double eyelids too. I don't think it's by nationality at all.

Guest whizzer's_rose

i think... I THINK its more to skin colour than nationality..

u see.. ppl who naturally have darker skin colour most likely have a double eyelids. *like viets, filipino, etc222

while ppl who have fairer skin usually have single eyelids such as chinese, etc222

but if course, there's exception to everything.

since everyone in the world now is most likely mixed with God knows what

so yeah..

im fair, i look chinese, but i have HUGE eyes with perfect double eyelids.

so yeah.. but im mix with LOTS and LOTS of races, but my nationality is indonesian XD

I am pure Filipino and I have fair skin- but I do have double eyelids. I think it's not about skin color though- maybe more on ancestry like in the Phils our first settlers were the Negritos (those having dark skin, short) and then the malays (which I think is the majority of where Filipinos of today are from) and indo-aryans. I do believe that skin color can also be affected by climate or geographical location and may not have relation to having double eyelids.

Malay variety. Tawny-coloured; hair black, soft, curly, thick and plentiful; head moderately narrowed; forehead slightly swelling; nose full, rather wide, as it were diffuse, end thick; mouth large. upper jaw somewhat prominent with the parts of the face when seen in profile, sufficiently prominent and distinct from each other. This last variety includes the islanders of the Pacific Ocean, together with the inhabitants of the Marianne, the Philippine, the Molucca and the Sunda Islands, and of the Malayan peninsula. I wish to call it the Malay, because the majority of the men of this variety, especially those who inhabit the Indian islands close to the Malacca peninsula, as well as the Sandwich, the Society, and the Friendly Islanders, and also the Malambi of Madagascar down to the inhabitants of Easter Island, use the Malay idiom. -wikipedia[6]

Guest onesweetflavor

I think it depends on the genes. My dad has double eyelids and my mom doesn't but I have double eyelids so yeah. Not a very good explanation but yeah.

Guest IwishIwasKOREAN

o.o true, ive never seen a viet monolids!

blink.gif

Phuong Ho beaten by San Jose police.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=UHYUUD1DxLg

article-1222836-06F4B488000005DC-61_468x286.jpg

Cao Boi Bui from Survivor:

Cao Boi - Guess What I'm Here

survivor-cookislands-cowboy2_1161652810.jpg

http://www.answers.c...epicanthal-fold

In addition to Asians and eastern subarctic and arctic Eurasians, some native American peoples (especially those of Middle America and some populations in South American lowland areas), the Capoid local race of southern Africa, and some of the composite racial groups of Pacific island peoples have high incidence of developed epicanthic folds. The fold occurs less frequently in Southeast Asian populations and in North American Indian groups but occurs occasionally in some European groups, for example in some Scandinavians and Poles.

While epicanthic folds occur more frequently in Asiatic groups and those peoples genetically linked to Asia, its presence is not universal in these peoples and it occurs less frequently in other groups. The incidence of epicanthic folds varies widely among the nine major geographic races and their local races. Attempts to define racial groups by the presence or absence of such features, by phenotype, rather than by genotype and specific inherited traits, are historically problematic and scientifically unreliable. There is substantial variation in phenotype within geographic races and subraces produced by the gene flow inevitable in an aggressively mobile species such as our own, by environmental conditions, and simply by individual variation due to a number of causes, including genetic mutation and the ‘small-sample’ effects of isolated population groups. Modern genetics rejects the notion of a ‘pure’ race; while the historical origins of some geographic groups are obscure, contemporary racial groups are mixtures of the gene pools of many geographic races. Thus, the presence or absence of a developed epicanthic fold, while an indication of one of a number of genetic origins and an important diagnostic feature of certain genetic disorders, cannot bear the cultural freight often bequeathed to it by history, pseudo-science, and prejudice.

The association of the epicanthic fold with Mongolians and Asians more generally served to reinforce notions of racial and cultural supremacy in nineteenth and early-to-mid twentieth century European physical anthropologyphysiognomy, and racial theory. Humans with the genetic anomaly now known as Down's syndrome, caused by having three copies (trisomy) of chromosome 21, have limited physical growth and mental retardation of varying severity, and an increased risk of other serious physical problems. Down's syndrome is one of the more common chromosomal defects, occurring on average in 1 in 900 live births. The Down's syndrome infant is quickly recognized by both facial and more general cranial characteristics, including a rounded head, short neck, thin and usually fine hair, flat nose, small mouth, and, especially, slanting eyes with pronounced epicanthic folds.

Read more: http://www.answers.c...d#ixzz1SAUbP4cS 

http://www.buzzle.co...thal-folds.html

Epicanthal folds refer to the folded skin of the upper eyelids which covers the upper inner corner, known as the canthus of the eye. It stretches from the nasal corner of the eye to the inferior side of the eyebrow. Eyes with epicanthal folds look almond shaped or boat shaped. Along with East Asian people, epicanthal folds are common in children with inherited genetic diseases. It may occur to fetuses or new born children of any race before the nose bridge starts elevating. Epicanthal folds can be fully developed or less developed and may change shape or decrease in size with age. 

Epicanthal Folds Causes

The cause of epicanthal folds in East Asian people is still in doubt and there are various theories that hold genes, complex anatomy and the environment responsible for this. For other races, the causes of epicanthus folds can be associated with various genetic disorders.

Apart from congenital disorders, there is no other apparent cause found for epicanthal folds in people from other races than East Asian. In East Asian people, epicanthal folds neither pose any danger nor is the result of any disorder. According to the evolution theory, it may be a necessary variation in human genetics and adaptive feature that helps people adjust with natural local conditions. For example, epicanthal folds are common in people living in snowy regions, desserts, etc. Such eye design helps them protect themselves from strong winds, cold weather, and harsh UV rays. However, why the epicanthal fold trait exists is still unknown by medical science.

Guest christelle-g

^Agree. They are lucky people and got beautiful big eyes :rolleyes:

I'm 100% viet and got one single lid, one double lid. Shame -_- my whole family is double lid. Oh Except my little cousin of 4years, she is single lid.

Guest Falloutatdisco

my mom is japanese and has one single eyelid, and one hidden double eyelid.

i'm half-japanese and have double eyelids (i think).

by double eyelids do you mean like where the fold never meets at the inner corner, or are they allowed to meet at the inner corner and still be double eyelids?

these are my eyes/eyelids..

(brightness/colors are edited, but it shows my eyelids well)

see how the folds connect at the inner corner? do i have double eyelids?

sorry, i'm not really sure though. q:

Eyelids.jpg

Guest monkeyinabarrel

^yes their double eyelids

I honestly thought this thread was dead (my suspicions were wrong)

I didn't believe caucasians could look/get single eyelids until I watched 16 & pregnant with girl named amber

ep3_del_scenes__seg2_140x105.jpg <--- watch a segment of the show but she looks like she has monolids

Guest leithu

Weird I think the genetics behind double eyelids are present in each asian ethnicities' gene pool. I'm vietnamese and the rest of my family has double eyelids. I happen to have the smallest lid height. My niece is 1/2 chinese, 1/2 vietnamese and she has a fuller crease than I do. Her father is chinese, and he has large double eyelids as well has his wife(viet).

Guest hkukaudition

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--><!--coloro:#2F4F4F--><span style="color:#2F4F4F"><!--/coloro--><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro--><!--fonto:Arial Black--><span style="font-family:Arial Black"><!--/fonto--><i>i know many asians envies double eyelids</i>

but i don't really see the great big deal about it

but <u>i wonder which asian ethnicity have natural double eyelids without surgery?</u><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Most of my family have double eye lids and we're from HK My brothers got really deep double eye lids aswell

Guest Sannyson

Melayu like native Indonesians, Malaysians, Filipinos. And Indians. They have natural double eye lids

I'm Chinese, and I only have double eye lid in one eye >.>

^^ Yes, that's true. My husband is Indonesian and he has big eyes with double lid and huge lid space.  People are always mistaking him and his family for Hispanic people.

Archived