[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

though i LOVE the drama to death:

i think the fact that JanDi's "love" for JunPyo is essentially an ornamented pity play is what annoys me the most about this entire drama.

that somehow JiHo's love is considered disposable in comparison to JunPyo's by everyone else's standards in the drama is what annoys me second about this drama.

the fact that the people on the show still look at JaeKyung as some sort of freak annoys me when in fact she actually has more niceness and personality in her pinky than the major characters put together annoys me. it's like a CRIME that she should love her future husband.

the fact that JanDi seems to have forgotten how to take care of herself at all is a bit ridiculous.

why we randomly had to see her brother get sick for no reason was kinda silly.

the fact that we now have to watch the back story to one of JunPyo's and Jiho's flunkies is doubly annoying, since i could really care less about Kim Bum's character. if this were foreplay, if i were a dude and the drama were a girl, he'd be cockblock. :lol:

Thank you for such an amusing post. With everything so sad, your post really put a smile on my face! I can totally sense your annoyance from reading your post! I laughed especially hard at the last part.

JK is not a freak, but she definitely is annoying at the moment...of course that will change in later episodes. I also found it quite strange that JD's brother got sick so randomly and there was no follow up. I thought his being sick was how JD got involved with wanting to be a doctor and volunteering at the clinic...but that didn't happen. So, I hope some of the random stuff will be answer in later episodes.

Guest hyukiemylove

I read about Jang Ja Yeon's suicide earlier at the kcelebphotos section and I was in uttershock.

I guess it was just so surreal to grasp since she looked perfectly fine, and gorgeous at the baeksangs earlier this weekend. It's so hard to imagine that she was feeling so much pain within.

RIP Jang Ja Yeon :/

episode 19 sounds pretty good. I'm hopeful that this will be a good tuesday episode. I was hoping that Goo Jun Pyo would be the one to knock at her door at not F3 and I'm wondering who was at the door before the preview cut to another scene.

Guest ziemah

Hello... is there someone who can help me find the new OSTs... I'm really want to get those new songs... and also the new version of Because My Head Is Bad.... is there someone who can help me?

thanks in advance.!

and also... what are the titles/names of the new songs?

thanks again!

heres the download link for the New osts.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zxmqqjqdktn

the thread move so fast~

Guest freetshirtsorg

Isn't that the problem? Fans and viewers tend to forget celebrities are people too. They have feelings, and their own issues to deal with. On screen, what we percieve is just an image, not the whole person.

Guest tppwendy

OMG i really can't believe .

Why does it happen??? Hope u rest in peace JJY.

That's shock for me. I hope nothing like that happen again in Korean Ent.

Guest oc-ca

stepping aside from the sad news from bof, i just finished hyd seasons 1, 2 and the movie. so it seems that bof has been hitting all the story arcs - albeit out of order at times. so what have we not seen yet? the living in decrepit apt & becoming a maid to gjp are coming up in episode 19. others possibly to follow in random order- gjp amnesia, trip to fishing village, break up in the rain, some sort of a beauty contest, prom, wedding, deserted island, trip to nyc, fake suicide of mentor, jd's brother's first love. imo the trip to new celdonia shoulnt stand in for the desert island bc the plot development was different.

am excited about the finish. hope the cast and crew can maintain the quality to the end despite its many setbacks.

Guest samtly

To said that it is curse, u are saying the unexpected thing to happen to individual, the last few accident can be said to be curse. this is so different. here is someone taking her own life, she have a choice. she choose to walk down this path. I hate it when one chose to take their own life, so many of people beg every day to live a day longer yet she choose to end it. how sad can life be than death.

back to the drama. let just hope tragedies can stop so we can purely enjoy the drama.....

Guest buddhjie14

heres the download link for the New osts.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zxmqqjqdktn

the thread move so fast~

thanks so much!

i agree... the thread move so fast... i used to be active in this thread, back then when it only have 300+ pages... but, wow! look at it now... its almost 1000 pages... i can't keep up with this thread, it really is so fast!

thanks again!

stepping aside from the sad news from bof, i just finished hyd seasons 1, 2 and the movie. so it seems that bof has been hitting all the story arcs - albeit out of order at times. so what have we not seen yet? the living in decrepit apt & becoming a maid to gjp are coming up in episode 19. others possibly to follow in random order- gjp amnesia, trip to fishing village, break up in the rain, some sort of a beauty contest, prom, wedding, deserted island, trip to nyc, fake suicide of mentor, jd's brother's first love. imo the trip to new celdonia shoulnt stand in for the desert island bc the plot development was different.

am excited about the finish. hope the cast and crew can maintain the quality to the end despite its many setbacks.

i think there will be a season 2... maybe in 2011, becuase the HYD pattern airing is every 2 years(w/o the movie)... MG1-2001, MG2-2003, HYD1-2005, HYD2-2007,---HYD (2008) Movie--- BOF-2009, and a-maybeBOF2-2011

Guest koala157

thanks so much!

i think there will be a season 2... maybe in 2011, becuase the HYD pattern airing is every 2 years(w/o the movie)... MG1-2001, MG2-2003, HYD1-2005, HYD2-2007,---HYD (2008) Movie--- BOF-2009, and a-maybeBOF2-2011

Season 2 of BOF?! no offense, but with the plot already so fast and furious and complicated as a tangled thread, spiced with angst and jealousy and DRAMA; I cant really imagine what they can offer us in season 2. If they can offer us something new...saayyy..... JP/JD married or engagement life...that may be interesting...but seriously, the 3rd/4th parties involvement in this love-square/pentagon is already exhausted and is usually the only thing that can make convoluted emotions and plot.

i just hope they can make the best of what they can out of the last 7eps. If they want to make a special like the Japanese one did, that will be great, to put some sort of closure. but if they're going to make season 2, im afraid it will only hampered whatever good(or joyful or fun) impression/memory we've had so far of season 1.

Guest OneSky.

I heard from somewhere that in the manga it ended as the whole story being a dream of JD's or something.

When i heard my jaw dropped! <_<<_< better not end like that.

It didn't for the japanese or tawain i'm pretty sure, so yea.

If it ends like that, I'm pretty sure netizens/viewers will have an outrage. That's a ridiculous ending.

Boys Before Flowers Stunned by Suicide

It was another setback and a major one for Boys Before Flowers as one of the actresses, Jang Ja Yun (27) who plays Sunny in the drama and makes life difficult for Jandi as part of the JinSunMi trio was found to have committed suicide in her Bundang home today.

According to local police who confirmed the suicide, " Jang Ja Yun was found to have committed suicide in her own home today. She was discovered at around 7.34pm by her sister who then called the police. We are now investigating the case and will give further updates like the reason, her will (if any), etc at a later time." The police also revealed that her approximate time of death was around 4.30pm and that she had hung herself.

It breaks my heart to see people who resort to suicide... May Jang Ja Yun rest in peace..

i think this drama is cursed :sweatingbullets: ....all the cast had car accidents then one of extra cast had suicide...hope no more bad news till the end of the drama..im tired of hearing bad news everythime i surf online.

I agree... I hope the death of JJY will be the last of the heartbreaking news.. T______T

EDIT
--;

A season two? Are you kidding me? The first season was so fast-paced and it seems as though HYD season 1 + 2 jammed into one! What plot would they use for season two? I think a season two for the korean version of Boys Over Flowers is
highly
unlikely. x.x'

Guest shamien7

Hehe...

If theres really a 2nd season...i hope its more about the other f3..woobin especially! :lol:

Cant wait for 2morow!!!

Guest ahsieee

Suz & maymay thanks for the pictures...

shows me how much the cast has been affected by her death..

i hope they'll be okay..

i agree with everyone else.. pls don't say the cast is cursed..

just gotta pray for them now.

poor ghs.. eon then jjy.. sigh* :tears:

Guest oc-ca

Season 2 of BOF?! no offense, but with the plot already so fast and furious and complicated as a tangled thread, spiced with angst and jealousy and DRAMA; I cant really imagine what they can offer us in season 2. If they can offer us something new...saayyy..... JP/JD married or engagement life...that may be interesting...but seriously, the 3rd/4th parties involvement in this love-square/pentagon is already exhausted and is usually the only thing that can make convoluted emotions and plot.

i just hope they can make the best of what they can out of the last 7eps. If they want to make a special like the Japanese one did, that will be great, to put some sort of closure. but if they're going to make season 2, im afraid it will only hampered whatever good(or joyful or fun) impression/memory we've had so far of season 1.

if there's season 2- which doesnt happen in kdrama world- it will have to be fresh material. they've used up almost all the story arcs from hyd 1, 2 and movie already. and one of the best things about kdrama is that it has an end. i hate it when they drag it out just for sake of extension when it detracts from the telling of the story. on the otherhand, i will sorely miss seeing f4 together. sigh.

Guest ziemah

thanks so much!

i agree... the thread move so fast... i used to be active in this thread, back then when it only have 300+ pages... but, wow! look at it now... its almost 1000 pages... i can't keep up with this thread, it really is so fast!

thanks again!

youre welcome! yeah me too.Being a pre-u student is very tiring and i went home in the aftrenoon.And everytime i went home the pages increase around 10 pages or something.Its really hard to keep myself updated with this thread.haha.I actually bookmarked the important pages so thats why i have all the links.just incase if some people is searching for the dload links on the past pages.

If theres a season two for BOF then it will be great! :D ahhh i dont want this drama to end just yet.i bet im gonna miss this drama when it has ended. :(

i cant wait for monday! HEEHE hopee more Joonpyo and jandi scenes.And please less jae kyung scenes! <_<

Guest samgirl

i seriously think no season 2 for this. it was announced before that they're gonna cut the episodes so they can show their high school life and college.

also the moving in an apt will be shown on ep 18. since that will also be the episode JD's parents will leave for the fishing village , according to the written preview which i think is more consistent compared to long video previews

Guest buddhjie14

it's just my opinion.. referring to the HYD-Pattern I observed... maybe they'll do some sort of japan and taiwan version combination of the 2nd season of those 2 versions... i haven't watch any of the sequel of the other 2 versions... but just by looking at it, it has more episodes(the 2nd season) than the 1st, i can say that there's a lot more about this drama. MG 1 has 27 episodes, while MG2 has 31... and HYD 1 has 9 episodes, while HYD2 has 11... I don't know anything about the japanese version. but If I refer to the taiwan version, there are lot more that we haven't seen in this version that was shown in the 1st season of MG(taiwan)...

I can't hardly defend my assumptions about the maybe-2nd-season-of-BOF, but i'll watch the season 2 of Japan and taiwan versions when i have some time for me to see if a season 2 of BOF is necessary or not. and also, we haven't seen the rest of this version... maybe we'll all know when the season ends. we'll know if there would be a season 2 or whatever...

Hehe...

If theres really a 2nd season...i hope its more about the other f3..woobin especially! :lol:

Cant wait for 2morow!!!

now that you mentioned it. i remember something about the season 2 of MG(taiwan). the story has also taken the life and love story of the other F3. that also makes Rainee Yang one of the main casts because of Ken.

maybe our Ga Eul(dunno her real name :tears: ) will be a part of the main casts if there would really be a season 2...

I leave for a day and bad news appears. Thanks lisante for posting the news about Jang Ja-yeon. I can't believe she committed suicide. May she rest in peace!

It is so sad to hear so many thing happening to the BOF cast. I don't really think I hear that many things happen for other dramas, but I could be wrong. Thanks maymay for posting those pics. The BOF cast is so sad. When I first saw the pics, I was thinking what kind of scene has them all wearing black, so I went back and realized that a member of the BOF cast had passed away. Oh....that is so sad. :tears:

Along with some other people, I think that this show should just end with this season because second shows never end up good. The reason for that would be that they try to find storylines for the show that sometimes doesn't make sense from the first season and end up ruining the show. I think they should look at the second season for Meteor Garden and decide not to do one. I felt so sad when that series didn't really get good ratings. I love BOF and I will miss the show, but if a second season just to appease the audience and ruin my happy feelings for the show, then I'd rather they don't do one. I was already not looking forward to the second part of this season, so I totally won't be looking forward for a second season. I'm sorry to the other people who wants a second season, but I think that it is best to end it with this season. A special is good, but a second season is bad.

Guest buddhjie14

if there's season 2- which doesnt happen in kdrama world- it will have to be fresh material. they've used up almost all the story arcs from hyd 1, 2 and movie already. and one of the best things about kdrama is that it has an end. i hate it when they drag it out just for sake of extension when it detracts from the telling of the story. on the otherhand, i will sorely miss seeing f4 together. sigh.

I think, just my opinion and the way I see it, the kdrama world is moving to the world of sequels... anyone heard of Full House 2??? and also, the drama three dads one mom, it ends in a way that you'll hope for a sequel, i'm thinking that when the main casts of that drama, jae hee and jo hyun jae, finished their army service, there would be a sequel. I really do think and hope that there would be a sequel of BOF..

youre welcome! yeah me too.Being a pre-u student is very tiring and i went home in the aftrenoon.And everytime i went home the pages increase around 10 pages or something.Its really hard to keep myself updated with this thread.haha.I actually bookmarked the important pages so thats why i have all the links.just incase if some people is searching for the dload links on the past pages.

If theres a season two for BOF then it will be great! :D ahhh i dont want this drama to end just yet.i bet im gonna miss this drama when it has ended. :(

i cant wait for monday! HEEHE hopee more Joonpyo and jandi scenes.And please less jae kyung scenes! <_<

thanks again.. btw, do you have a copy of Kim Hyun Jung's version of Because I am Stupid?

me too, i really don;t want this drama to end. that is why i am thinking a lot of ways for this drama to have a sequel.. i am convincing my self for something that might not happen. lol.

i seriously think no season 2 for this. it was announced before that they're gonna cut the episodes so they can show their high school life and college.

also the moving in an apt will be shown on ep 18. since that will also be the episode JD's parents will leave for the fishing village , according to the written preview which i think is more consistent compared to long video previews

that part was shown in the meteor garden first season. lol.

i know it's not good to compare this version with the others. but i can't help my self from thinking of ways for this season to have a sequel.

if there would be a sequel. i think, it will more likely be some sort of meteor garden's version where the other F3's life will be part of the story.

Guest toomuchsmiling

Man, this thread is so fast.

But...she committed suicide! :( Jang Ja Yeon, rest in peace~!

It's so sad and so shocking. I thought it was a joke when it was

first mentioned. She was one of the girls you loved to hate in the drama. :(

-_- Really, the fans the cast and especially the family, I pray things will

soothe out soon.

thanks for the share of ep. 19. u_u

-feels gloomy-

trying to add some cheer

Gu Hye Sun singing with Seungri

Raining on a Sleepless Night March 6, '09