[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest Schneewitchen

They're going right to filming after this?

That's brutal.

Better return to work so they will be diverted from bad ideas.

Guest green.teax

Ohmygoodness. That's just so sad. RIP JJY.

I know everyone here is saying that BOF may have bad luck or something, but let's try to be optimistic. People said 2008 was going to a bad year for China, with the earthquake, snow storm, and Tibet stuff, but the Olympics was a success, and 2008 ended up to be a year with its ups and downs. Let's just hope for the best for the rest of BOF and its cast instead of worrying about how BOF may have bad luck.

Guest eternitygoddess

It's hard to work when your brain is somewhere else and your emotions are a tangled mess.

Just because one of the casts commit suicide, it doesn't mean this drama is cursed. Come on people, let's not think negatively. I'm sad that she passed away but let's not relate it to the drama. If we do, I'm sure the other casts and producers, staffs, etc, would feel bad about it :(

Yeah that is. How hard is it gonna be for them to get into the right mood of their characters at a time like this...especially if they're trying to film comedic scenes.

Well no, metaphorically speaking their situation is like a pact with the devil. Like the saying goes you only gain something by sacrificing something else. Or something like that anyway.

In this case, I suppose the price for achieving popularity is that they have no luck what with accidents and everything.

But yeah...this comparison is just creepy in general...I would never have thought of it like that... :mellow:

Yeah.. it's kinda a so sad T___T

my deepest condolence to JJY's family and friends..

more pics from wake in morning

Song Byung Joon PD-nim

t62fqu.jpg

BOF casts

344t4xf.jpg

rmtvu8.jpg

muc1hd.jpg

j8pr0i.jpg

1zvq2b4.jpg

28hzudg.jpg --> SHR [WW's cast]

2cxjpls.jpg

xogpr4.jpg

mjpvmr.jpg

121z67q.jpg

credit: as labeled

--edit-

oopss.. sorry, edit the pic. that's SHR from WW cast.

Guest annypooh79

i think this drama is cursed :sweatingbullets: ....all the cast had car accidents then one of extra cast had suicide...hope no more bad news till the end of the drama..im tired of hearing bad news everythime i surf online.

I think so too. I might sound superstitous but it seems like that's what they have to pay for their fames. this drama is so cursed!!!!!

sighhh... such a sad sad news. :(

Hope her family will be able to go through this hardship. Poor GHS.

hope she'll rest in peace.

Guest luzzz777

Who is that person who thought of putting a glittery headband on? :blink:

That's the actress who plays Miranda, part of the trio. And just to add, I don't think there's anything wrong in wearing a "shiny" headband to a wake. It doesn't mean you're being disrespectful in any way or form.

Guest shamien7

I think so too. I might sound superstitous but it seems like that's what they have to pay for their fames. this drama is so cursed!!!!!

Plz dun think that. Theres ALOT other succesful drama that didnt need 'sacrifice' nor 'curse' for its fame.

And other BOF version also, theres no such thing...those are just accidents. coincidental accidents.

We all feel sorry for her but i'm sure, what happen to her is not related to BOF

So plz, lets put all these behind us. JJY will always be remembered as our Sunny

Guest siticantik3011

Who is that person who thought of putting a glittery headband on? :blink:

That's the actress who plays Miranda, part of the trio. And just to add, I don't think there's anything wrong in wearing a "shiny" headband to a wake. It doesn't mean you're being disrespectful in any way or form.

No, that's not Miranda. She's actress Seo Hyo Rim the one who acts in Worlds Within (the drama prior to BOF)

MirandaGinger/Gook Ji Yun

339u3a8.jpg

Miranda/Min Young Won

s6lj03.jpg

Seo Hyo Rim

242g6qt.jpg

Guest lilnahnah

Uhh...I think we should stop talking about the drama being cursed

That's kinda how these stories grow out of proportion and spread like wildfire and before you know it we'll be reading articles about

"Boys Over Flowers ... the CURSED DRAMA"

That kinda thing would just give more uneasiness and stress to the cast and crew of the drama...

So c'mon guys. Let's stop with that.

This was all very tragic and sad but because of it I'm awaiting Monday's episode even more.

Cuz while yes, it may be difficult to put on a strong face and keep working, but that's how people heal...

During times of hardship you always see a great boom of art

Art being anything from music, poetry, performance arts....

I have no doubt that it'll be difficult for the cast to work with their usual gusto after the wake, but it may be the thing that helps them all heal together.

(For example:

The cast of the musical Rent when it first opened for the public. Jonathan Larson, the writer/composer/creator of the show died the night before.

The entire cast was shocked. They could have decided to postpone, even cancel the show, but they didn't. They all decided to honor his memory and perform his work and heal together as a group.)

Guest eternitygoddess

And just to add, I don't think there's anything wrong in wearing a "shiny" headband to a wake. It doesn't mean you're being disrespectful in any way or form.

It strikes me as odd that she even thought of accessorizing.

Guest tinyxtina

yeah. let's please stop discussing the possibility of the show being cursed or not. (i'm not very superstitious and find it utterly ridiculous) and i know this is a depressing time but...

i can't help but feel excited that some new episodes will be on in about a day or two. xD now we'll know how JP drove JK away.

Guest ml_87

lilnahnah: u are absolutely right.

in addition, the character of Sunny in BOF is over. the group 8 representative said that since entering university, the 3 trick girls dont appear in the film any more.

so pls dont link her death to BOF and dont say that "BOF is cursed" :tears: let her rest in peace now :(

we should talk about the two next episodes

tomorrow is monday finally. the maid arc is in front of us.

BOF hwaiting! :)

i wonder why in the preview of episode 19, JK still go shopping with JP. why JP ends their relationship in episode 18?

what he says to her in the pool is not enough for her to understand that she has no room between JP-JD?

dont say that JP didnt say anythingwhen being hugbacked :((

Guest tinyxtina

It strikes me as odd that she even thought of accessorizing.

-_- its probably not a thought

she probably needed to wear a hairband (to pull back her hair) and the one she grabbed was coincidentally sparkly? i mean its asia. what do you expect? they take heart to materialism so she probably had a lot of those kind of hair nick nacks.

Guest misshakissh

ppl are saying that the cast is cursed.. because they didnt do that jesa thingy.. its a tradition among korean drama cast and filming staff to do a jesa before the drama airs and everything,,, like iremember watching one of the BOF behind the scenes and when the filming staff were talking about all the car accidents.. one of the staff was like

" maybe its cuz we didnt do the jesa thing.." well he said that half jokingly half serious.... but then that was a few days before koo hyesun's big accident too..

WEIRD..

Guest lilnahnah

ml 87 No, tomorow's Sunday!!

omg I was doing the same thing ALL DAY today lol

I kept thinking it was Sunday and going "NEW EPISODE TOMORROW!!! :)"

and then I would remember that it's actually Saturady today -.-;;

Guest dunlop09

Uhh...I think we should stop talking about the drama being cursed

That's kinda how these stories grow out of proportion and spread like wildfire and before you know it we'll be reading articles about

"Boys Over Flowers ... the CURSED DRAMA"

That kinda thing would just give more uneasiness and stress to the cast and crew of the drama...

So c'mon guys. Let's stop with that.

This was all very tragic and sad but because of it I'm awaiting Monday's episode even more.

Cuz while yes, it may be difficult to put on a strong face and keep working, but that's how people heal...

During times of hardship you always see a great boom of art

Art being anything from music, poetry, performance arts....

I have no doubt that it'll be difficult for the cast to work with their usual gusto after the wake, but it may be the thing that helps them all heal together.

(For example:

The cast of the musical Rent when it first opened for the public. Jonathan Larson, the writer/composer/creator of the show died the night before.

The entire cast was shocked. They could have decided to postpone, even cancel the show, but they didn't. They all decided to honor his memory and perform his work and heal together as a group.)

Can't agree with you more! The cast and crew are going through so much right now guys, and I think we should be supporting them, not spreading rumors that they are cursed. Hearing this is not going to help them recover. To them, it is going to sound like their supporters are now backing out because they believe the drama is cursed. This is their time of need, and instead of saying things like this, we could be supporting them. Imagine how bad they will feel reading things like "BOF is cursed". Hopefully they will be back to their cheery selves soon. :)