[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest dunlop09

Oh man...I feel so bad for Jandi, I didn't realize how important swimming was to her until she was telling JH: "I know, I'm not pretty, not smart, and I don't even have money. But one thing. I had one thing that I liked more than others, one thing I was good at. They say I can't do it anymore. I shouldn't ever swim anymore. So what do I do now? What am I supposed to do now?"

And I guess this means that JD won't be able to teach JP how to swim?

Can you agree with me that them meeting and getting to know each other beforehand is going to cause more heartache? Its a choice of friend vs. love. They have a connection outside of JP. On a smaller scale it kind of reminds me the decision that JH had to make: JP his friend or JD. Granted, JD didn't have 15 years of friendship with fiancee but was saved by her. That's almost 7 years of friendship right there.

JD is going to let JP go anyway, bcos she thinks the fiancee is far much better than her for JP in any aspect. i dont know if the friend vs love will be important here. maybe a little, but JD's feeling of inferiority give more influence to the situation. JP is the one who will end the engagement, not the fiancee and obviously not bcos JD doest give up JP. it's JP's decision and him alone.

another person uploaded it onto their youtube page...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlt2TDzejhQ...re=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCnZ-P-OkZo...re=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcv28FAnClk...re=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_5jQwXAadU...re=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqf_TxXjqVo...re=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEWQDPSd-8I...re=channel_page

Credits @ HarueKorea

also i translated the SoEul part when she comes into YiJeong's workplace...

YJ - Do I look that handsome? Then again there is no woman out there that hasn't fallin for this face.

GE - Who is falling for who-- ... I came here because i have something to say.

YJ - About JunPyo and Jandi?

GE - Yes...

YJ - Tell me.

GE - About what?

YJ - Have you still not changed? About waiting for your soulmate.

GE - What does that have to do with anything?

YJ - Do you think that JunPyo is Jandi's one and only soulmate? That destined partner, the soulmate... do you think he is it for her?

GE - That---...

YJ - Are you enabling your dreams onto Jandi?

GE - What did you say?

YJ - If i was you, i would be using that time to find my soulmate. Even though I'm not even sure that there something like that out there.

GE - Surely, i think it was bad to come here. I'll go then. You believe it to don't you. Destined partner, Soul Mate. Something like that,... you believe it too.

YJ - What?

GE - You know there is something when people say no but they actually mean yes... I think i know now. Sunbae, you really believe in something like destined partner/soulmates. you're just scared that there is something like that out there. Why is that?

YJ - Don't talk like you know everything.

GE - For the first time today, i think i felt as if you are a real person. I think it is a good thing that i came. I'll come next time to talk about Jandi. Until then...

^Thanks so much for translating the SoEul part , i kept wondering what they were saying , and now the mystery is solved!

I need more SoEul scenes. It would have been nice if Ga Eul went to Macau also , she could help cheer Jandi up , and maybe we will get more SoEul scenes too! Haha , wistful thinking on my part.

But i feel with Ga Eul there , JanDi could talk with her friend about it , share about it with her closest friend , cause i think maybe some girl talk will help JanDi.

Guest lingling22

whoa.. episode 13 was such a turnaround..

i noticed many didn't like it, but for me.. it was good because now reality is setting in..

also now we can see that people do grow apart because we have certain responsibilities that all of us have to go through..

for the youngsters here .. kinda hard to relate to but for us.. who's still young at heart (hehehe) do fully understand..

in case of jun Pyo he needs to sacrifice his happiness because there's a lot at stake..

plus i still love the way Jun Pyo carries himself.. very manly .. hotness

to the jun pyo - jan di shippers.. don't be annoyed.. i think this time around Jandi will need to make extra effort to win Jun pyo back..

maybe this time she will realize "the damsel in distress" will not work anymore.. (Ji Hoo is there anyway)

Guest happyf11t

I wouldn't be disappointed at all... Seeing something happening between Junpyo and Jandi no matter how hard it is to take is something that i'd love to see rather than Jandi just walking around the streets of Macau aimlessly...

As i've said in my post, it's a personal opinion... i'm not whining but rather just ranting about how there could have been a lot more scenes that could be more pivotal at this point (like a prolonged Junpyo Jandi meeting perhaps where even if Junpyo is avoiding Jandi we could have seen more of his real feelings...)

I've never posted in the forum before; but after reading the above comments, I can't help ranting a little. I can't agree with you more... There need to be a little more depth in this drama. Instead, there have been way too many random shots and details, that did not help building up the climax at all.

Giving other actors and actresses more air time is Ok, but over doing it really doesn't help the show. I'm disappointed by this episode. Lee Min Ho and Goo Hye Sun are really good actors. It's a pleasure watching them act and interact. I can't bear to watch scenes with Kim Hyun Joong. He might be popular, but he's a disappointing actor. Most of the time, he's like wearing a mask and just delivering his lines. I certainly would like the director and writer spend a little more time exploring the true feelings between Junpyo and Jandi, and how they overcome obstacles and find true love.

*Possible Spoilers*

I may be in the minority here, but today's episode brought tears to my eyes. Perhaps I'm over analyzing :unsure: , but I realized that JD gave the ultimate sacrifice for JP. She gave up her dreams to protect him. During the fight, in order to protect JP she threw herself over him and took the hit from the chair. I thought there was a future significance to her being hit by the chair, but wasn't sure where the PD was going with it. The reason I was teary-eyed was because knowing that she had sacrificed her dream she then goes to meet the man she loved and who vowed to love her always, only to be treated so coldly and see him laughing with other women as if they never shared a love. This was the ultimate betrayal and had to deal a heavy blow to her heart. My heart went out to her and I could literally feel her pain, good acting by both GHS and LMH.

As to the posters who said they didn't understand why JD didn't fight off the thugs, I can understand why she didn't. She is in a foreign country in a back alley with a bunch of guys attacking. I think in those circumstances even the strongest person may not fight. My question though is after Woobin spoke to them didn't it seem as if they were more afraid of him then the other guys? I wonder if the PDs are going to show that Woobin's father was involved with the mob as in the Japanese version.

Guest xiaomaii

Oh man...I feel so bad for Jandi, I didn't realize how important swimming was to her until she was telling JH: "I know, I'm not pretty, not smart, and I don't even have money. But one thing. I had one thing that I liked more than others, one thing I was good at. They say I can't do it anymore. I shouldn't ever swim anymore. So what do I do now? What am I supposed to do now?"

And I guess this means that JD won't be able to teach JP how to swim?

if it's gonna happen on the future episode, JD could still teach JP how to swim. the problem with JD is that she wasn't not able to compete anymore. means she can't do the training, since swimmers really got intensive one! it'll be exhausting and it won't be good for her.

--as for the fiancee knowing tsukasa and makino's relationship. the first time the fiancee and makino went to the restaurant, makino told shigeru that once tsukasa told her that he love her. then shigeru ask if makino felt the same thing, and it turns out makino she was dumbfounded. so shigeru exclaims to herself that since makino doesn't feel the same way. it's okay for shigeru to like tsukasa and decided to go on for the engagement.

Guest lucky_moon

do u have any subs????? mediafire or sendspace :S

if u mean Ep13, it just finished airing 5 hours ago & ur asking for sub :crazy:

at least wait till tomorrow.

if u mean Ep13, it just finished airing 5 hours ago & ur asking for sub :crazy:

at least wait till tomorrow.

wow 5 hours=] ok i'll wait till tomorrow (i don't live in korea and thought i don't know the time of airing or what time is it now there =])

Giving other actors and actresses more air time is Ok, but over doing it really doesn't help the show. I'm disappointed by this episode. Lee Min Ho and Goo Hye Sun are really good actors. It's a pleasure watching them act and interact. I can't bear to watch scenes with Kim Hyun Joong. He might be popular, but he's a disappointing actor. Most of the time, he's like wearing a mask and just delivering his lines. I certainly would like the director and writer spend a little more time exploring the true feelings between Junpyo and Jandi, and how they overcome obstacles and find true love.

sorry that i cut your post..

i couldn't agree more with your opinion, happyf11t. i'm hoping the director will spend more scenes exploring between JP and JD's relationship instead of jumping from one scenes to the another (eventhough its fun to watch).i just finished watching episode 13 eventhough i didn't understand korean much. episode 13 is indeed a sad one.i really admired LMH acting as JP. his character make me hate him for ignoring JD but at the same time i love his way of interacting with his customers in this episode.

do u have any subs????? mediafire or sendspace :S

tendele can you wait until tomorrow and search in this thread again. They are not robots who can sub an entire episode in 5 hours..i'm sure subbing teams like froglivers and viikii will have it up by the next day.

Thanks DDuk for translating that SoEul part!! So, that is what they said!!! Cool!!!

I watched Ep. 13 with no subs, so most of the time I'm guessing what they were doing. It was so sad to see Jandi's last swim. I started to cry too. What was F3 reading off of? I really need to watch it with subs. I love the interaction F3 has with Jandi. I'm so glad they had showed that relationship. It shows that they not only are Jun Pyo's friends, but they are Jandi's too. I feel so sad for Ji Hoo when he looked like he didn't know what to do to comfort her. Ay...sad episode....I'm sorry, but I wanted to punch Jun Pyo when I saw him ignore Jandi.....instead of ignoring her, why can't he just tell her what happened and then say something along the lines of wait for him for a few years while he fixes the company's financial institution? I guess that is too much to ask.

I really hope that Ji Hoo sees his grandfather. His grandfather looks to sad...I'm thinking probably Jandi might tell Ji Hoo about it considering she saw Ji Hoo's pic of the grandfather.

I was really happy that F3 came to the rescue again....get to see the kicking butt again!! They are so cool when they did that. I was wondering if they had that considering the other two versions did.

I really hope that they have a storyline for Won Bin. We know already that Jun Pyo has a mother, a sister, and a deceased (?) father and now he has to deal with the financial situation of the company. Ji Hoo has parents that have passed away, no brothers and sisters, and a grandfather which we will get to see why he left Ji Hoo in the first place. Yi Jung has a father, no sure about what happened to the mother, and a brother and a first love storyline for him. What about Won Bin? I know about absolutely nothing about him. I wonder what his family is like and what kind of a storyline the PD will have for him.

Anyways....sad episodes this week..that is all I know.....

Guest MiyuKanata09

i hope that they will not cut Ga Eul scenes in Macau.. Jan-di needs her for this time around. :)

Ga Eul will never be shown in Macau... first reason is why does she has to? i mean the main reason of JD to go to Macau is meet her BF, there's no way GE has to be there ... JD, GE, and F3 didn't even expect that JP will act like that...even viewers that didn't watch the other version will never thought of JP will ignore JD.. all i mean is theres no piont of GE to be there.. and also how can she afford to? in ep. 13 JD has to collect funds just to be able to buy ticket...if GE was there it will be more unrealistic...

if your talking about the pictures of her with JD and JK (JP's fiance), i'm guessing those scenes are scenes where JD already came back to Korea and also JK...

i really wish they show JD cry infront of her Best Friend (Ga Eul) instead of JH... i don't like the fact that she's always share and cry infornt of JH instead of her Best Friend GE.. yeah she share her problem to GE but not the way best friend do... best friend talk and girl to girl talk is more comfortable when sharing problems...

tendele can you wait until tomorrow and search in this thread again. They are not robots who can sub an entire episode in 5 hours..i'm sure subbing teams like froglivers and viikii will have it up by the next day.

just as i said i dont live in there so i dont know what time is it or how many hours had passed. but i'm sorry i dont think u are roboo's too..... i've just asked no bad intentions or any meaning to hurry =S =]

Guest eternitygoddess

How does one go from being a highschooler/fresh highschool graduate to running a multibillion dollar company(SHINHWA GROUP)? Even if you're the heir, it's still pretty unbelievable.

Agreed. You need a MBA or at least an undergrad degree to sufficiently be able to run a multi-billion dollar company. JunPyo with his already questionable level of intelligence and maturity = ehhh...get back to hitting the textbooks

And multi-billion dollar companies are rarely (if ever) head by one person. There's always a board of directors running it together.

[just as i said i dont live in there so i dont know what time is it or how many hours had passed. but i'm sorry i dont think u are roboo's too..... i've just asked no bad intentions or any meaning to hurry =S =]

no worries..i don't lived in korea as well.if you are living in GMT areas, the drama was aired at 2130 (GMT +9) in Korea last night. Just to let you know so that next time you can calculate the time differences okie. cheers..