[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest epique.

i really wish they show JD cry infront of her Best Friend (Ga Eul) instead of JH... i don't like the fact that she's always share and cry infornt of JH instead of her Best Friend GE.. yeah she share her problem to GE but not the way best friend do... best friend talk and girl to girl talk is more comfortable when sharing problems...

sorry i cut your post.

i agree w/ you.

it seems as if jihoo is her bestfriend for godsake.

not that i hate or dislike jihoo or anything but i think jandi should share more of her problems with gaeul.

:rolleyes: i just literally said everything you said but in my own words.

sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know the piano piece Jihoo and Jandi were playing during episode 13? it was so heartbreaking and pretty... and i definitely don't think it's on the OST.

the song is 사랑밖에 난 몰라 I do not know love yet

most of the versions are really trot style, this one below is more 'modern-day' singing style :sweatingbullets:

version on piano, vocal by Lee Seon Hee

Guest doremii*

How does one go from being a highschooler/fresh highschool graduate to running a multibillion dollar company(SHINHWA GROUP)? Even if you're the heir, it's still pretty unbelievable.

yeah it's unrealistic.. but this whole storyline is filled with flaws lol

I could never see someone like Tsukasa/JP running a company. lol I will never understood why the mother is so pressed on making JP the successor..

i couldn't agree more with your opinion, happyf11t. i'm hoping the director will spend more scenes exploring between JP and JD's relationship instead of jumping from one scenes to the another (eventhough its fun to watch).i just finished watching episode 13 eventhough i didn't understand korean much. episode 13 is indeed a sad one.i really admired LMH acting as JP. his character make me hate him for ignoring JD but at the same time i love his way of interacting with his customers in this episode.

I agree, I wish they'd focus on JP-JD instead of trying to make the triangle work

I know they're following the manga, but JH really pales in comparison to JP.

I suppose they're trying to give more parts to Hyunjoong since some of his fans have complained that the drama sort of "used" Hyunjoong because of his popularity.

Guest shamien7

How does one go from being a highschooler/fresh highschool graduate to running a multibillion dollar company(SHINHWA GROUP)? Even if you're the heir, it's still pretty unbelievable.

I've been thinking the same thing...but i guess his mum made him one of the ceo...to replace his dad (altho i do think even for ceo hes too young :sweatingbullets:) but i dont think hes running the whole shinhwa group. just the hotel in macau maybe? and that bring up the engagement thing...the investor must be anxious because his dad is gone...so his mum has to do something to convince their investors and also the board that shinhwa group wont be affected...and the solution is by having partnership with jk family company...rite?

p/s:anyone watching kbsw now? huhu...finally i can watch bof in bigger screen.. :lol:

^ I think it was mentioned that he was Ji Hoo's grandfather.. :unsure:

Eek... i have officially liked spoilers. I can't ignore them anymore. :P Thank you all for them!!

I've yet to watch ep13, and i probably won't get to watch both ep13 + 14 until tmrw night. :tears:

But seeing that there's not many Joon Pyo scenes.. breaks my heart!!... hehe, ok jk.

But knowing the storyline already, i should mention that we shouldn't be upset with Joon Pyo. He has a purpose for being cold this time! However, i do agree that both the leads have this extremely awesome way of working with their eyes. They're probably the best leads i've watched~ acting with just their eyes. And the PD is sure not making use of them together in ep13~~ but seeing all the photos of Jan Di crying,, i think it hasn't gone to waste. Though this ep might be a "filler"-- i think we need this filler for the upcoming episodes to come. F3 with Jan Di-- it's for their bond. Ji Hoo and Jan Di-- it's for the later scenes in when he decides to reveal his feelings for Jan Di (though it was quite annoying to me. :( )The coldness that Joon Pyo gave Jan Di-- it's for the intensity in when he reveals why he had to be like that. I think there's a purpose for this episode... well, from reading the spoilers and all. ^_^

**Joon Di fighting**

hey guys! can someone tell me whether the old man who comes to eat at JD's jook place - is he JiHoo's dad? he just looks like him especially in the newspaper picture...

thanks! ;)

i think he's the former president or something, you know jihoo's grandpa

Agreed. You need a MBA or at least an undergrad degree to sufficiently be able to run a multi-billion dollar company. JunPyo with his already questionable level of intelligence and maturity = ehhh...get back to hitting the textbooks

And multi-billion dollar companies are rarely (if ever) head by one person. There's always a board of directors running it together.

I agree about higher education is needed for somebody who runs a multi-billion dollar company!

But, about Jun Pyo's level of intelligent (NOT the maturity one :P ), I'm going to copy paste from Javabeans' blog. This's actually a cut scene from epi. 4, they mentioned how smart Jun Pyo is (with an IQ of 150).

Jan-di (serious): “Are you sure he’s not really an idiot?”

Yi-jung: “His IQ measures over 150, so you can’t call him an idiot. But his language and interpersonal skills are a bit…”

Woo-bin: “He’s particularly awful with proverbs and sayings, but he’s pretty good at foreign languages. In short, he’s impossible to figure out.”

Yi-jung and Woo-bin trade looks and chuckle.

Guest colloquy

I can see why his mother would want him to succeed his father - legacy, to keep the business in the family so to speak. It's a pretty romantic idea, but anyway...

Usually, what I would think would normally happen is that he would attend a university while working for his parent's company in a lower-ranked position.

I haven't seen the latest episode, but definitely weird if a high school graduate inherited a company without any oversight by directors or a 'guardian' of sorts that would help him out. But, hey, it's a drama...

Easy, you hire the most briilliant and experienced advisers and lawyers just like other famous people such as Henry Ford (except for being a brilliant mechanic who invented the automobile, he was actually uneducated). Henry Ford was not accepted by upper crust society because of his lack of sophistication to the point that he took people to court. When one of the lawyers smugly asked him a question about a subject like history to prove the claim he was illiterate was true, Henry turned to his aide and then gave the answer to the question. He said, "You see I don't bother myself with minor details that can be answered by people I hire, I just concentrate on what I know best, and that is business of automobiles.

If you watched Episode 13, JP is not yet the head of Shinwa but the managing director, meaning that his mother is running Shinwa as President. JP reports to his mom or someone higher than him like an Executive Vice President; he may probably be a member of the Board of Directors. He may be considered, at this point, as a "trainee" before taking on the big job of running Shinwa.

Guest toggle45

the song is 사랑밖에 난 몰라 I do not know love yet

most of the versions are really trot style, this one below is more 'modern-day' singing style :sweatingbullets:

version on piano, vocal by Lee Seon Hee

Thanks so much for the link! The modern day version is so beautiful!

My Translation of Episode 14 54sec Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxqddgpOV08...re=channel_page

@HarueKorea

HAHA opps sorry GD meant JD

i was listening to a big bang song when i was writing it out lol

Maybe you should take some time out to see your F4 friends?

JP: Can I? Then should I cancel everything on my schedule just so that I could play around with them?

YJ: There is something definitely wrong with that bastard (referring to JP)

JD: I have to meet him, I came here because whatever he has to say its better for me to hear it upfront from him.

(JD talking to JP)

JD: So you're saying that its the truth?

JP: I originally am this kind of person, Forget about everything

JH: the ugly girl over there, do you want to buy some ice cream? Give me one day with you

JH Macau Friend: JiHoo, that girl, you like her.... (the friend is speaking in broken korean)

JH: What?

JH Macau Friend: JiHoo, whenever you see her, you smile

JH: Get on (referring to him asking for her to get on his back)

JD: What?

JH: Because of you there are so many things that im trying for the first time... so thank you

QUOTE (ryau @ Feb 16 2009, 02:03 PM) *

I agree its unbelievable. So lets just use this supposedly plausible explanation - JP has been in training since kindergarten at SHINWA school, as you are all aware the school is for the super elite therefore the education received is not just the standard but includes that for "heirs in training" this could include running a multi billion corporation. F4 had a special classroom with different instructors which covers most things from the super elite society this also could include how to run their prospective inherited organisations when necessary, case in point "right now". I also remembered at JP's and JD's first date when she bought him coffee and stated the price at $3, he automatically added tax etc to give the actual price to item. What JP had at high school was theoretical training not the practical, in Macau the practical training comes into play. Also considering that JP appears more intelligent than Japan's Domouyji (no offense to the Japanese fans out there, but its a fact) we'll use that as justification for him being supposedly able to run SHINWA GROUP in the near future while being in an extremely high position at this time without the qualifications that we believe are required to run such an organisation.

Guest cimechang

Uh oh, judging by ep. 14 preview I smell trouble ahead for JD and JP. JH on the other hand isn't looking too bad, he looks a lot like he's in denial but he's starting to grow on me again. C'mon JP! Hurry up and get out of your funk and realize that JD is the one for you! Geez, does this mean that we shouldn't be expecting this version to end like the Taiwanese/Manga version?

I agree, I wish they'd focus on JP-JD instead of trying to make the triangle work

I know they're following the manga, but JH really pales in comparison to JP.

I suppose they're trying to give more parts to Hyunjoong since some of his fans have complained that the drama sort of "used" Hyunjoong because of his popularity.

I really, really hope that's not true. I mean, I myself is getting a little frustrated with the every-now-and-then scenes of Jihoo and JanDi. but then again, I understand them exploring that soulmate vs. husband concept from the Caledonia episode. but... they made the Rui/Jihoo character quite detestable in the beginning, that I can't quite bring myself to re-like the Rui character. I find myself forwarding their scenes. altho I really think i'm foolishly biased towards the actor playing the part. :ph34r:

and i'm probably one of the few, if not the only one who thinks this: about time Jandi deserves it a little to feel jealous/ignored. :ph34r::crazy::ph34r: