[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

to all the manga readers :)

my sis and i were just wondering, did makino wear a similar 'hamburger' dress :vicx:

coz we thought it was beyond comprehension why JP would choose such a dress when they were surrounded by 'designer' clothes :wacko:

in a manga illustration it might have looked acceptable, but in real life... not so much.

JD still pretty though :) especially with the hat on.

Guest revontulet

I just finished listening to the OST and the only song that redeems it is the one by SS501, Neh Muh Ri Gah Nah Bbuh Suh. The soundtrack is a SYNTHESIZERS overboard. It's a shame because the drama so far is quite entertaining.

After watching all the episodes so far, I've noticed that there's a complete lack of F4 friendship! Where's the love?! Only Yi Jung and Woo Bin seem like friends and Jun Pyo and Ji Hoo are just there. It's the weirdest thing. Kind of disappointing in comparison to the manga! But the chemistry between Jun Pyo/ Jandi and Ga Eul/Yi Jung make up for the lack of friendship between the F4. (Thankfully!)

I was also kind of disappointed with how they dealt with Min Ji. I'm wondering whether she really left the school or not because it seemed like the PD closed her story arc with her leaving the school? Correct me if I'm wrong about that. In the manga, Makino forgives Sakurako (How? IDK b/c she is a crazy b.) and then Sakurako becomes one of her hilarious friends. Along with this dude whose name I've completely forgotten, Sakurako supports Makino through her hardships with Doumyouji. It would be a shame if the writers of BOF decided to take her completely out :/

Anyways, enough of me rambling about the drama. It's pretty good so far even with the story and character changes and I hope it stays that way! BOF LOVE <3

Guest restlesspetals

I absolutely loved the beginning of episode 5 where JP came to save JD.

Did anyone else also fall in love with the song (starlight tears)? I didn't pay too much attention to it even though I've listened to the entire OST, but man, the onset of this song to the moment JP came to JD's rescue was so dramatic ("I'll be waiting for you...") JD had been waiting for someone (which fortunately is JP)

i am sorry to ask and all

but i was wondering who Sarah is?

can anyone answer my question?? pleasee :]

Sarah is Yijung's first love even though we all know he's a player. She doesn't appear until way later in the manga.

to all the manga readers :)

my sis and i were just wondering, did makino wear a similar 'hamburger' dress :vicx:

coz we thought it was beyond comprehension why JP would choose such a dress when they were surrounded by 'designer' clothes :wacko:

in a manga illustration it might have looked acceptable, but in real life... not so much.

JD still pretty though :) especially with the hat on.

LOL that would be impossible considering that part of the manga was drawn probably more than 10 years ago and they all had really old-fashioned clothes back then.

I didn't think the dress was THAT bad until someone mentioned the hamburger resemblance :lol:

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

question: so actually in the manga, did Rui really like Makino or he will still love Shizuka?

In the manga, I think (someone could add their 2 cents), he always loved Shizuka and Makino. His love for Shizuka may have simmered but his love for Makino never really dies. Rui was always looking out for her and I think since he felt that Domoyogi was more right for her, he basically surrendered since they were much more compatible. Now, I'm pretty sure that's how the manga portrayed his feelings, but I could be confusing it for the jdrama HYD.

can anyone pleasee translate the last part of the previews for ep6?? when JP is talking to JH..in anger :ph34r:

I asked a friend and just like someone listed before, Jun Pyo says "Listen here", in a rude manner. If its going to go by the way the manga/jdrama did it, Jun Pyo should be telling Ji Hoo that he doesn't want to be friends with him and that he is permanently removed from F4.

I have to say, I laughed out loud when the ending theme started playing as Jun Pyo started taking off his shirt. Do the PD people really think Jun Pyo taking off his shirt is worthy as a cliffhanger? :P

LOL! I know... what kind of cliffhanger is that? I think it would've been cliffhanger worthy if those extended previews or trailers were not released because we know that its not something BIG, rather its actually something comical. Anyways, when they froze the frame and started to play the "I'm stupid" theme, I was like.... whatttttt?

Maybe he will ask her to teach him how to swim?? :w00t:

Oh! That's a great observation. Because in the previews for the next episode, either younger version of Jun Pyo or present Jun Pyo was floating on top of the water like a dead man.

I haven't watched the Japanese version of the drama, but can someone briefly explain the differences? Objective opinions please, not subjective (ex: so and so is hotter)

Is the plot/characters pretty much the exact same? For example is Episode 6 of the Japanese version the same as the Korean? Or are they drastically different? Because I was surprised all this action happened already & it's only episode 6 (but I love that in this case hahah bc I'm a rabid fan & I need more drama)

Jdrama - Makino/Jandi never met a victim of the "F4 red notice" before going to the school. She got into the school through scholarships and such.

Kdrama - Jandi/Makino met a victim of the "red notice" and became a heroine by saving him. To dispute this issue, Domoyogi/JunPyo's mother randomly gave her a scholarship and admissions to the university.

---

Jdrama - Makino/Jandi doesn't swim amazingly or on scholarship.

Kdrama - Jandi/Makino swims for a supposed "scholarship".

---

Jdrama - Makino/Jandi's first kiss is when she trips from saving Rui/JiHoo from Domoyogi/JunPyo's punch -- landing on Domoyogi/JunPyo's lips.

Kdrama - Jandi/Makino kisses (not sure if it was her first kiss) JunPyo/Domoyogi because she thought he drowned (he can't swim) and gave him cpr.

---

Jdrama - Domoyogi/JunPyo's sister makes an appearance before he devised his plan to develop a first date with Makino/Jandi.

Kdrama - JunPyo/Domoyogi's sister has yet to make an appearance.

---

Jdrama - More importantly, Yuki/GaEul and Soujiro/YiJeong 's budding relationship is quite distance and foreign. Nothing big or significant for the most part.

Kdrama - In my opinion, GaEul/Yuki and YiJeong/Soujiro's chemistry is very strong from the beginning. Episode 5 highlights it VERY well and that their relationship is not something to ignore.

---

Jdrama - The group does not go on a trip after Rui/JiHoo arrives.

Kdrama - They go on that trip (episode 5).

---

Jdrama - The evil backstabbing school friend of Makino/Jandi has a love/hate feeling for Domoyogi/JunPyo and uses her as bait to lure him into a trap. Domoyogi/JunPyo risks his life for her which signifies his love.

Kdrama - The backstabbing girl Minji doesn't do anything but spread pictures/rumors around and get slapped around by Jandi/Makino.

---

Jdrama - Rui/JiHoo doesn't kiss Makino/Jandi since they did not go on that trip that the kdrama does. However, he hugs her in that secret stairwell they both like so much ... and Domoyogi/JunPyo sees them. Jealous, he announces to the school that Rui/JiHoo is removed from F4 and that he is no longer their friend.

Kdrama - JiHoo/Rui kisses Jandi/Makino at the beach and JunPyo/Domoyogi catches them.

OMO!! I'v missed 15 pages from my latest posted last night! @__@

THIS THREAD IS TOTALLY ROCK!! :lol: *counting the soompiers here ^^*

WOAAAHHH those caps of bummie are so amajing!

thank you so much for sharing that <3 gosh this boy

is really too cute for his own good!

-Rebecca

NUGU?? GOO JUNG PYO?.. or LEE MIN HO??..kekeke... :P

THIS GUY IS GETTING HOTTER and HOTTER... :wub:

LOL!! :lol:

abou MIn Ji, i wish JinDi punched her instead of slapped her >,<

i knew it from the beginning of MinJi tried to make a friend with JinDi, there was something wrong with her <_<

luv!! *hugs*

i see you are here too... ^^ as always, thanks a lot for the screen caps dear :)

*i'm rarely lurking on EOE thread now... :(*

I_broke_a_nail!, thanks for explaining the differences of the characters between J-drama & K-drama.

i never watched F4 both Taiwan and Japanese versions.

but, after reading all comments here, i think F4 K-version is more interesting and

i agree that the K- version storyline could make our heart into happiness, sadness, fun, etc... more touching :)

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

LOL if you carefully watch the pre-k flashback that MinJi and JunPyo have, you see mini-WooBin playing the board game "the game of LIFE" and smiling with the stack of fake money. And apparently, he's play the game by himself =/

Guest Tobemist

Tobemist, I totally agree with you regarding Ga Eul and Yi Jung. I love how Ga Eul (Yuki) in the manga slowly evolved into a strong person and it was all because of Yi Jung. I hope that they keep the storyline the same and of course expand on it giving us more sweet moments btwn them and hopefully a real ending. I admire how the manga was able to portray the difference btwn Yuki and Makino's characteristics/personality and why they were such good friends. This version I'm not able to differentiate btwn Yuki (Ga Eul) and Makino (Jandi) because it seems they are both almost the same, the only difference is Jandi is very physical with her emotions and isn't afraid to voice her opinions. I'm a little concern and despite wanting a closing ending for Ga Eul and Yi Jung (being that I am a very long time fan of BOF manga) I don't want Ga Eul's character to be changed so much that fans (manga Yuki) don't recognize her.

^ Glad we're on the same note. ^^ I thought no one was bothered by the changes. I'm really happy that someone actually feels bad for Yuki. :D Thank you.

i really wanna watch 6, but then again i don't

i hate to keep seeing joonpyo and jandi's relationship on the rocks >.<

i just dont get what was going through jandis mind before she kissed jihoo. like, come one jandi, you are joonpyos girlfriend. she never really fought back when joonpyo announced she was and JD never called off the whole gf/bf thing

so what does she thing she's doing, just going and kissing ji hoo. did she never think it would hurt joon pyos feelings? >.< blahhhh

i cant wait til episode 7 & 8. i think their kiss would land in one of those episodes, right?

Guest Christinaisweird

omo!

this is getting intense, just watching this.

the boys are such eye candies to look at, man.

i like how han chae young was in there.

i'm excited to watch the next episodes.

i knew it from the beginning of MinJi tried to make a friend with JinDi, there was something wrong with her <_<

LOL! This is exactly what I was thinking. But then I got to really like her, and now I just feel bad for her

I hope she comes back so she can redeem herself

And poor Jandi, all the friends she makes besides F4 in that school turn out to be traitors (Minji, and that model guy that supposed to come later)

Man, the songs they use range from Paradise, Lucky, Stand By Me, and I'm Stupid, and that's basically it. I know the songs are in the soundtrack but is it illegal to use other songs?? The song they did when JP asked JD to go on a date was great, I want more of good songs. I'm seriously getting bored of those songs above and to think that there are still 19 episodes to go.

Guest baqinardo

I was also kind of disappointed with how they dealt with Min Ji. I'm wondering whether she really left the school or not because it seemed like the PD closed her story arc with her leaving the school? Correct me if I'm wrong about that. In the manga, Makino forgives Sakurako (How? IDK b/c she is a crazy b.) and then Sakurako becomes one of her hilarious friends. Along with this dude whose name I've completely forgotten, Sakurako supports Makino through her hardships with Doumyouji. It would be a shame if the writers of BOF decided to take her completely out :/

She will be back.

She will take revenge with Jun Pyo.

and also the guy who almost decide to suicide in the 1st episode.

at least that's how the article said (from the chart of relationships).

so yeah, 18 episodes to go.

still lot of things can happen..

Guest restlesspetals

I wonder when in the series JD cuts her hair (and for what reason)

(looking at the press conference of BOF, the actress has a shorter hair, and they probably already filmed a few episodes by that point).

Guest luzzz777

Man, the songs they use range from Paradise, Lucky, Stand By Me, and I'm Stupid, and that's basically it. I know the songs are in the soundtrack but is it illegal to use other songs?? The song they did when JP asked JD to go on a date was great, I want more of good songs. I'm seriously getting bored of those songs above and to think that there are still 19 episodes to go.

I agree. The soundtrack for Boys Over Flowers is, to say the least, forgettable. The show is really entertaining, but it it could be even more memorable if they had some good songs to go with some scenes.