[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

betcha, i love your sig! it reminds me of The Notebook :P

I only caught the beginning of episode 5 raw this morning, so this is just from reading spoilers.

If it was me, and I was in Jandi's shoes, I'd slap Minji too. I really don't think just letting her off the hook means you're being a "bigger person." Living up to my own values and whatnot, I would be traumatized if someone ruined my so-called "innocence"(for lack of better word at the moment) like that. Especially when I thought that person was a true friend. I'd be torn with anger and disappointment and I honestly don't know if I could forgive or forget that easily/quickly. So in that moment, I think the slap would be justifiable. I totally understand each person has their own stake on it and how'd they handle a situation like that; but this is my own so please don't chew me out! :P

*2nd time i've owned a page in this thread! woohoo!*

Guest revontulet

restlesspetals

Well in the towards the end of the manga, if I remember correctly, Makino has to cut her hair b/c some parts of it get cut off by some jerks (I can't remember exactly). I don't think they're going to put that scene in the kdrama because Jandi's hair is already short.

After we get a shot of Jun Pyo clenching his fists, he just says, "Listen to me carefully" before the scene is cut. :P

no guys ... he actually says "ga go" which means along the lines of "heed my warning/brace yourself" basically he tells jihoo he better watch out and prepare himself (for his wrath)

also that one scene in the room in caledonia where joonpyo walks in (and jandi asks him how he got in.. he holds up a key) and leans over her and asks her something.... he asks her "jandi... have you accepted my feelings" not anything else (someone else translated it into something earlier incorrectly)

i agree that your translation is the most accurate. in the scene where junpyo walks into jandi's room and asks her, "nae ma eum jup soo haet nyah?" i had to look up what "jup soo" meant and the closest is to accept. So he is asking whether she has accepted his heart/feeling yet?

In the manga and somewhat in the japanese drama, Minji comes back but as Jandi's true friend who actually supports her relationship with Joonpyo. I think if the Korean director does make her come back, she will probably also act as a support while Jandi will be battling against Joonpyo's mom.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that in the manga even though she is Jandi's friend she also was pretty clear that it was 'fair play' in getting Jun pyo's affection because this time she has nothing to hide and is being her true self. However futile it was because Jun Pyo never even looked once her way! :D

Guest susiiieee

i agree that your translation is the most accurate. in the scene where junpyo walks into jandi's room and asks her, "nae ma eum jup soo haet nyah?" i had to look up what "jup soo" meant and the closest is to accept. So he is asking whether she has accepted his heart/feeling yet?

yea... plus in the latest preview he adds on and says not to make him wait a long time...

i think one of the coolest things about watching ep 5 was the subtle changes the directors had made between the 7 and 8 minute previews we had seen... you can see the modified the parts and for the most part i liked the changes they made...

esp when joonpyo is washing her face int he beginning of the episode... they cut the scene where he licks his lips.. which i found alittle too juvenile and obvious. i like how he shoved the towel in her face and stalked out.. alot more subtle and classic to the character's previous tones.

Guest baqinardo

I was also kind of disappointed with how they dealt with Min Ji. I'm wondering whether she really left the school or not because it seemed like the PD closed her story arc with her leaving the school? Correct me if I'm wrong about that. In the manga, Makino forgives Sakurako (How? IDK b/c she is a crazy b.) and then Sakurako becomes one of her hilarious friends. Along with this dude whose name I've completely forgotten, Sakurako supports Makino through her hardships with Doumyouji. It would be a shame if the writers of BOF decided to take her completely out :/

She will be back.

She will take revenge with Jun Pyo.

and also the guy who almost decide to suicide in the 1st episode.

at least that's how the article said (from the chart of relationships).

so yeah, 18 episodes to go.

still lot of things can happen..

Guest xoJiJixo

Thanks for the comparisons!

Did anyone figure out the cell phone brand name that Jun Pyo has? I'm not sure it's T*Omnia because on the features it doesn't mention anything about video conferencing? ...I think?

Guest hannacorsino

to those who read the manga, in the taiwanese version

shancai has a guy friend that goes in the same school..

is this character just an addition made in the taiwanese

version?

to dramalovers26 i haven't watch the new episodes yet but

in the japanese version the reason why she did that is because

when they were young tsukasa/joon pyo told her that she

was ugly.. that's the reason she doesn't want jandi to look

at her alumni book.. it will be revealed that she had

plastic surgery and yet eventhough she was pretty tsukasa/joon pyo

still won't look at her..

^ no, the friend was in the manga.

I almost felt pity for minji for the childhood scar that she bore eversince that day... but in a way junpyo is right. she has an ugly heart now which is worst than when she was in kindergarten. Besides all she did to jandi, she was basically the female version of 'junpyo'. She slapped the girl who bumped into her at the pub so hard that that girl fell to the floor. I'd compare that to junpyo telling her to lick off the ice-cream.

it's been a reeeally long time since i last visited this site. hmmm? it was still hana yori dango (hyd) back then. now it's boys over flowers fever! :D

what i really like about this drama is that they're not copying hyd to the T (i don't read the manga :sweatingbullets: ). i like the variations. i don't feel like i'm watching the same old story (even though i kind of am :rolleyes: ). :)

i did like the japanese version of the "saving" of makino (jandi) by domyouji (joon pyo). in hyd, he really sacrificed himself by letting sakurako's (min ji's) goons beat him up, which showed just how much he loved makino. :tears: and he really said the words, "i love you." :blush: but! i adore the way joon pyo saved jandi! it was straightforward but really sweet. :blush: and i looove how she kinda curled up to him after he said, "i believe you! i believe you!" super awww moment! :D

but hmmm, i still don't feel jandi falling for joon pyo. i can only see her liking him, but not really loving him. i mean, come on, girl! we're talking about the great goo joon pyo!!! :D

annnd!!! :w00t: i LOOOVE yi jung and ga eul!!! PDs! thank you, thank you for giving them meaningful scenes! i've always shipped this pair but back in hyd times there were only a handful of us who rooted for sojiro/yuki. i hope the writers give them a good ending! i don't want to see ga eul chase after yi jung. i want it the other way around. i'm dreading sara's appearance. :P

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that in the manga even though she is Jandi's friend she also was pretty clear that it was 'fair play' in getting Jun pyo's affection because this time she has nothing to hide and is being her true self. However futile it was because Jun Pyo never even looked once her way! :D

I believe that happened some time right after the backstabbing incident. But I read the whole way through the manga and Minji defended Jandi when Umi came out, saying that Jandi saved her (Minji) one time and she can never repay her kindness. Btw, I'm crossing my fingers that the director won't include the amnesia plot in the drama, even though it will most likely come since it's just so typical kdrama. But yea that's my least favorite twist throughout the whole thing and I can't even count how many obstacles have gotten into our favorite couple's way. :(

to those who read the manga, in the taiwanese version

shancai has a guy friend that goes in the same school..

is this character just an addition made in the taiwanese

version?

to dramalovers26 i haven't watch the new episodes yet but

in the japanese version the reason why she did that is because

when they were young tsukasa/joon pyo told her that she

was ugly.. that's the reason she doesn't want jandi to look

at her alumni book.. it will be revealed that she had

plastic surgery and yet eventhough she was pretty tsukasa/joon pyo

still won't look at her..

I answered a question regarding what happened after Minji left. We were pondering whether or not the PD will have her come back and if she comes back what role will she take. I was just explaining if the PD follows the manga she will be back as sort of Jandi's friend but they will also be involved in 'fair play' in getting Jun pyo's affection.

I've read the manga before, so long ago that i don't remember it well. In the preview, i saw JH kissing JD, saying something like 'How can I start liking u'. I though it's pretty unfair, for both JD and JP, don't u guys think?

U can say that he probably already had feelings for JD before leaving, but isn't he selfish for kissing JD and completely ignore her feelings just because he was rejected by the other girl (don't remember her name)

Another thing, F4 are best friends, doesn't JH feel guilty at all doing that to JP, knowing JP likes JD (already declaring her as his girlfriend, even though against her will)

Guest secret_valentine

i can't help but love this drama!!!

I love all of the couples!!

but i'm more of a Jandi and Goo Joon Pyo Fan.!!!... but i still support ga eul and kim bum^^

Guest luzzz777

i did like the japanese version of the "saving" of makino (jandi) by domyouji (joon pyo). in hyd, he really sacrificed himself by letting sakurako's (min ji's) goons beat him up, which showed just how much he loved makino. :tears: and he really said the words, "i love you." :blush: but! i adore the way joon pyo saved jandi! it was straightforward but really sweet. :blush: and i looove how she kinda curled up to him after he said, "i believe you! i believe you!" super awww moment! :D

The J-version made Sakurako undertake two roles because they had to condense everything inside 9 episodes. If you read the manga, Sakurako is not the one who's supposed to have hired those goons to beat Jan Di up so as to lure Jun Pyo out. It was Junpei, who will come in later. So, I think the chair smashing event will occur later on in the K-version.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

for once, we see Yijeong visibly irked by gaeul. he didn't have the time for her and the reason he accompanied her was just becoz he wanted to do junpyo a favor. i think that's very sweet of him. and instead of having yijeong and gaeul getting close together, i actually would like to see more snarling from both parties to spice up the show.. haha.. kim bum finally showed some good acting in this episode. i was kinda tired of all the smiles, i knew there was more to him than that.

I agree, I really liked how they showed Yi Jeong getting irritated by Ga Eul. I guess I like it because Yi Jeong has never showed his irritation to any girl. And so it kind of means that Ga Eul is a little different from other girls.

I've been reading a lot of comments about Yi Jung / Ga Eul couple, I'm glad to see they receive so much love even though their scenes don't even add up to 5% of the drama. However as much as I love their chemistry and compatibility, I must say, as a fan of Soujiro / Yuki / Sara's storyline from the manga, I'm not sure if I liked the changes we see in Yuki's character, because in my opinion, that is what makes the story flows.

In the manga, Yuki (Ga Eul) came to like Yi Jung when he helped her revenge her ex who dumped her. It came into my mind that, if Yuki was able to stand up for herself like when Ga Eul stands up to Yi Jung, then she wouldn't have needed his support, and the reason why she liked him in the first place will be non-existent. I liked Yuki because she is different from Makino, she is weaker and that explains why Makino had to protect her when they were in (middle high? primary?) school. Now that they made her much stronger, I'm not sure if everything will fall into place.

I actually liked Yuki's character development in the manga. She becomes courageous gradually as she tries to pursue Soujiro. I just think that it will be more interesting if Ga Eul is the one chasing Yi Jung, not the other way round. If not it will be another Jun Pyo - Jan Di couple. I hope they kept close to the manga in their character and storyline progression, because the only thing really worth changing is their ending. :D

I think that even though Ga Eul was strong enough to stand up to Yi Jeong when they were talking about Jandi, Ga Eul may be weaker when it comes to love. In episode 6, I think Ga Eul will talk about the "soulmate" thing, which leads me to think that it is quite possible that she may think of her future bf as her "soulmate". And so which is why when he betrays her, its extra devastating. I think any strong girl would become weak because of this.

I'm really looking forward to the future Yi Jeong and Ga Eul loveline, and really hoping for a changed ending from the manga and JP drama version!

i hope the writers give them a good ending! i don't want to see ga eul chase after yi jung. i want it the other way around. i'm dreading sara's appearance. :P

LOL me too! I guess deep down I always believed a guy should chase after a girl. I'm actually anticipating Sara's appearance! Because at least after that Yi Jeong will start to notice Ga Eul a bit more, although I don't know whether the Korean version will have Yi Jeong falling in love with Ga Eul or not. Please scriptwriters! I don't want an ending where Ga Eul is chasing after Yi Jeong, while Yi Jeong is trying to run away!

-----------------(END SPOILER)---------------------------------------

Did anybody notice that Yi Jeong said the same words to Min Ji as he did to Ga Eul? "Hey, calm down."

I'm guessing he probably has said these words many times to the girls he's dumped. LOL!!!