[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest Tobemist

I've been reading a lot of comments about Yi Jung / Ga Eul couple, I'm glad to see they receive so much love even though their scenes don't even add up to 5% of the drama. However as much as I love their chemistry and compatibility, I must say, as a fan of Soujiro / Yuki / Sara's storyline from the manga, I'm not sure if I liked the changes we see in Yuki's character, because in my opinion, that is what makes the story flows.

In the manga, Yuki (Ga Eul) came to like Yi Jung when he helped her revenge her ex who dumped her. It came into my mind that, if Yuki was able to stand up for herself like when Ga Eul stands up to Yi Jung, then she wouldn't have needed his support, and the reason why she liked him in the first place will be non-existent. I liked Yuki because she is different from Makino, she is weaker and that explains why Makino had to protect her when they were in (middle high? primary?) school. Now that they made her much stronger, I'm not sure if everything will fall into place.

I actually liked Yuki's character development in the manga. She becomes courageous gradually as she tries to pursue Soujiro. I just think that it will be more interesting if Ga Eul is the one chasing Yi Jung, not the other way round. If not it will be another Jun Pyo - Jan Di couple. I hope they kept close to the manga in their character and storyline progression, because the only thing really worth changing is their ending. :D

Still no news about Sara’s casting, huh? *curious* ^^

Guest xoJiJixo

I haven't watched the Japanese version of the drama, but can someone briefly explain the differences? Objective opinions please, not subjective (ex: so and so is hotter)

Is the plot/characters pretty much the exact same? For example is Episode 6 of the Japanese version the same as the Korean? Or are they drastically different? Because I was surprised all this action happened already & it's only episode 6 (but I love that in this case hahah bc I'm a rabid fan & I need more drama)

WAHOO I TOPPED A PAGE!

Guest daysgoby

I don't really think that not slapping / "being the bigger person" is unrealistic or too good to be true. I see everybody's points, but I think you can end a friendship AND still be the better person without the slapping.

If we're really gonna talk about "realism," how realistic is it that the two seem to be really good friends or that Jandi should be righteous by feeling betrayed despite the two not really hanging out at all? The scenes between Jandi/Ga-eul and Jandi/Min Ji seem to be evenly split thus far in the series, but if I were new to the Hanadan story as a whole and didn't know Ga-eul was Jandi's best friends, I would still think their interactions were more reflective of a closer relationship.

I also just have a problem with the way they closed out the Oh Min Ji story. When Jandi was defending Min Ji's use of plastic surgery, she uses the "Well, you guys have done it too, so who are you to talk?" argument against Jin, Sun and Mi. That argument doesn't really sit well with me because it's childish to just say "Well if you can do it, why can't I?" instead of actually defending Min Ji's actions for what they were and not judging the morality of her actions as relative to Jin, Sun and Mi's. I guess I just have beef with the way the writers chose to end this plot point :P

I haven't watched the Japanese version of the drama, but can someone briefly explain the differences? Objective opinions please, not subjective (ex: so and so is hotter)

Is the plot/characters pretty much the exact same? For example is Episode 6 of the Japanese version the same as the Korean? Or are they drastically different? Because I was surprised all this action happened already & it's only episode 6 (but I love that in this case hahah bc I'm a rabid fan & I need more drama)

WAHOO I TOPPED A PAGE!

I don't remember the Japanese version episode by episode in details. But in my opinion, the Japanese version follows the original manga plot a lot more strictly than the Korean one.

For example, in the Japanese version "Makino/(aka Jandi in korean ver)" was sent to the prestigious school by her parents(also happened in manga) and not by an incident saving a student from committing suicide (in Korean ver.). Another obvious example would be how "Shizuka / han chaeyoung's role in korean ver) did not love Rui / Ji hoon(in korean ver.) as a lover but more of a brother. I was very surprised when there was a kiss scene btwn them in the korean hanadan because it means the reason that Jihoon had returned from paris would be a completely different reason.

There are many more details and examples. But I'd rather encourage to watch the Japanese version as well. ^^

Also, the difference in pacing is pretty obvious-korean version is in a tighter pace and things/events happen a lot more quickly than the Japanese version.

Guest ykidkwis

YAY arashi finished subbing ep. 5 and is uploading it now! watched before on viiki but bad video quality and some missing subs...can't wait to watch it again in HQ :D....so excited for ep. 6 too.

Guest valley girl

hey what is the rating of the 5th episode 25 %, and eoe 25,1 % too??

yay i am glad kkk KBS deserved this

in 6th episode they should surpassed EOE

Guest polaris

Gahhhh. I think this is a very important point. :lol:

I don't know if it's just me, but i feel like the other versions really emphasized this expression of Joon Pyo.. whereas we only hear him say it once in here. But i don't quite remember. All the analyzing of your guys' parts are sooo fun to read!! I am still very very curious as to who the shaman is referring to as "soulmate" and "husband".... it's JOON PYO for both of them!! :crazy:

I really hope the fortune teller lady did not mean that there were two guys and that one would be her husband and the other her soulmate...

I think that would be so sad.... :tears:

I really hope she meant instead that there were two guys but one would be her soulmate AND husband.. and that one person would be Junpyo!~~~~

OR..maybe the fortune teller meant mistakingly picked up signals for both Jandi and Gaeul and meant that Jandi's future husband and GaEul's soulmate was there...(I remember from a preview for ep 6 when Gaeul was talking about her soulmate)

----------

Also I read some comments saying that Jihoo seemed to be an outsider among the F4... I think this is more so because ever since he came back from Paris.. he seems like a different person.. more jaded and even more quiet and to himself than before. He is probably like that because he is suffering from a broken heart..a repercussion of whatever happened in Paris.

^ ahhh, amazing icons/banners! :D

love the coloring you used, and i love the text in the first banner ^^

if i didnt already love my set, i'd prolly be using on of those ;o hahah

nice work :3

YAY arashi finished subbing ep. 5 and is uploading it now! watched before on viiki but bad video quality and some missing subs...can't wait to watch it again in HQ :D....so excited for ep. 6 too.

would you mind posting the link to that site?

i'd love to watch it in hq xD

Guest fobbiyo

I didn't think this drama would be good. I mean, I like the storyline and the Japanese version, it's hard not to compare. After the first two episodes, I like it alot so far. Very interesting and funny even though I know what's going to happen next. I like they didn't completely copy the Japanese version :) In the Japanese version, I like Rui better, in the Korean version, I like the Jun Pyo [?] LMFAO! I completely forgot all of their names :X Can't wait for more. I just hope it doesn't lag :crazy:

I've been reading a lot of comments about Yi Jung / Ga Eul couple, I'm glad to see they receive so much love even though their scenes don't even add up to 5% of the drama. However as much as I love their chemistry and compatibility, I must say, as a fan of Soujiro / Yuki / Sara's storyline from the manga, I'm not sure if I liked the changes we see in Yuki's character, because in my opinion, that is what makes the story flows.

In the manga, Yuki (Ga Eul) came to like Yi Jung when he helped her revenge her ex who dumped her. It came into my mind that, if Yuki was able to stand up for herself like when Ga Eul stands up to Yi Jung, then she wouldn't have needed his support, and the reason why she liked him in the first place will be non-existent. I liked Yuki because she is different from Makino, she is weaker and that explains why Makino had to protect her when they were in (middle high? primary?) school. Now that they made her much stronger, I'm not sure if everything will fall into place.

I actually liked Yuki's character development in the manga. She becomes courageous gradually as she tries to pursue Soujiro. I just think that it will be more interesting if Ga Eul is the one chasing Yi Jung, not the other way round. If not it will be another Jun Pyo - Jan Di couple. I hope they kept close to the manga in their character and storyline progression, because the only thing really worth changing is their ending. :D

Still no news about Sara’s casting, huh? *curious* ^^

Tobemist, I totally agree with you regarding Ga Eul and Yi Jung. I love how Ga Eul (Yuki) in the manga slowly evolved into a strong person and it was all because of Yi Jung. I hope that they keep the storyline the same and of course expand on it giving us more sweet moments btwn them and hopefully a real ending. I admire how the manga was able to portray the difference btwn Yuki and Makino's characteristics/personality and why they were such good friends. This version I'm not able to differentiate btwn Yuki (Ga Eul) and Makino (Jandi) because it seems they are both almost the same, the only difference is Jandi is very physical with her emotions and isn't afraid to voice her opinions. I'm a little concern and despite wanting a closing ending for Ga Eul and Yi Jung (being that I am a very long time fan of BOF manga) I don't want Ga Eul's character to be changed so much that fans (manga Yuki) don't recognize her.

Guest lantawmako

Am I the only person who rather liked the fact that Jandi slapped Minji? xD I mean, it seems like something a normal person would do, in contrast to all those dramas where the main girl lets the evil backstabber off scotfree just because she's kind, still harbors friendly feelings for that character, or finds herself to be above that sort of behavior... It's probably because in those situations, I come close to tearing my hair out thinking of what I would do if I was in the main girl's position (if I had the chance *__*) lmao

Besides, in this version of the drama, we know that Jandi + Minji really are sorry/forgiving despite the confrontation.

you're not alone....the slapping is justified in my books......minji's behavior was horrible.

Am I the only person who rather liked the fact that Jandi slapped Minji? xD I mean, it seems like something a normal person would do, in contrast to all those dramas where the main girl lets the evil backstabber off scotfree just because she's kind, still harbors friendly feelings for that character, or finds herself to be above that sort of behavior... It's probably because in those situations, I come close to tearing my hair out thinking of what I would do if I was in the main girl's position (if I had the chance *__*) lmao

Besides, in this version of the drama, we know that Jandi + Minji really are sorry/forgiving despite the confrontation.

I am all for the slapping. She put Jandi in a bad situation and made the whole school think she was a richard simmons. Those slaps were sissy slaps. I would have liked that she punched her instead.

Guest polaris

According to the manga she, Minji will be back. Not sure if this version will have her coming back. :sweatingbullets:

I think she will be back since this we are up to episode 6 and there are a total of 24 episodes..(and the fact that she didnt apologize or say sorry means she might come back with some other schemes since she is sort of psycho)

so they will have to come up with further twists and plots...

Guest Jamieâ„¢

I don't think the slap was so much for the hotel thing/bullying/drugging her (that's a lot lol) but mostly because JD was disappointed in Minji for betraying their friendship. Eg. the scene with the sheep doll, you could see the sadness in JD from losing her only friend at shinhwa (well.. before F4 became friendly towards her). I don't want to see Minji back lol her story is over

I think she will be back since this we are up to episode 6 and there are a total of 24 episodes..(and the fact that she didnt apologize or say sorry means she might come back with some other schemes since she is sort of psycho)

so they will have to come up with further twists and plots...

In the manga and somewhat in the japanese drama, Minji comes back but as Jandi's true friend who actually supports her relationship with Joonpyo. I think if the Korean director does make her come back, she will probably also act as a support while Jandi will be battling against Joonpyo's mom.