[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest ginny_potter

Not to mention, I seriously still cannot see the friendship chemsitry between Jihoo and Junpyo. D: It's like, they don't even talk in the show or acknowledge the other's existence unless Jandi is around. Pleaseeeeee speak to each other. I think I'm going to die from the supreme distance between the two. I can totally see Junpyo's friendship with Yijung and Woobin but nooo, nooo...

I had the same feeling when I saw HYD but it all changed during that part where Rui followed Shizuka to Paris. Domyouji's reaction was just priceless, he doesn't want to be left behind. And when he was waving to the plane like crazy? Awww, made me realize he actually misses his friend at that moment.

I still have to see that "Awww" moment between Jun Pyo and Ji Hoo though and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll happen soon.

Guest aaclove

I mean, I'm loving that Jandi has feelings for Jihoo because he's been so good to her. And it's obvious that she's starting to like Joon Pyo. I don't mind watching them fight for her and I love that she's trying to figure out her feelings, but I hope the scriptwriters (This is the same group who did Witch Yoo Hee, right?) don't do it in a way that'll make everyone go, 'WTF, stop messing with their hearts and friggin' pick a guy!" I don't know if I'm getting my point out clearly (?) but I just hope that in the end, she'll make a clean decision.

i definitely agree. which is why the length of this drama series is making me nervous. sometimes korean script writers and directors overplay the same scenario within a drama, adding unnecessary angst. eventually, it'll only make the audience hate the main female lead because she seems so indecisive and weak.

case in point, goong. when the prince kept going back to that other girl over and over again, i ended up giving up on the drama because it seemed to be, not only, messing with the female lead, but with the audience. i just hope jandi doesn't act like the prince in goong.

i hope there will be a few episodes where jandi strongly stands by jun pyo's side without wavering.

Guest buddhjie14

hi! newcomer here! ahaha!

arghh!! i can't wait for chapter 5! its still not out in mysoju.... i cant wait for jandi/junpyo moments.....and also jandi's friend(i dont know her name) and yi jung moments! ahhaa!!! :rolleyes:

i miss hyun joong... i wanna see him nowwww!!!! :tears:

hi! welcome to soompi! i see that this is your first post :lol:

hopefully around 3-4pm in the afternoon(Philippine time)

they'll post episode 5 on mysoju,

but you can watch it on viikii though...

episode 5 parts 1-4 are already 98-100% english subbed,

while parts 5-6 are 94-95% english subbed.

btw, are you from Philippines? just wondering because of your ID...

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it that Junpyo knew that Jihoo would like Jandi if Seohyun wasn't around? If the unwritten rule exists, then Junpyo would be arrogant of Jihoo. Then again, Junpyo is the type and it was Jihoo who went to France.

Not to mention, I seriously still cannot see the friendship chemsitry between Jihoo and Junpyo. D: It's like, they don't even talk in the show or acknowledge the other's existence unless Jandi is around. Pleaseeeeee speak to each other. I think I'm going to die from the supreme distance between the two. I can totally see Junpyo's friendship with Yijung and Woobin but nooo, nooo...

Well anyway, episode five was sweet. I seriously seriously seriously melted in the beginning scenes. So cute. And maybe it's just me, I don't know but Hyunjoong isn't doing too bad of a job portraying player Jihoo. Haha. I really liked the scene when he appeared at the porch-terrace-veranda-whatever it my be place with Jandi. He's really getting into the swing of the character which I thoroughly enjoy.

Ga-eul and Yijung story is still cute as heck. I seriously love the two. AND OMGOSH, fangirl moment but did anyone enjoy watching Yijung run while looking for Ga-eul? That was majorly hot. Despite his pretty-boy face, Kim Bum has such a nice body.

JP has always known and also acknowledges it so he knows that JD is not exclusively his and his OTT ways of trying to win her over.

Guest buddhjie14

i definitely agree. which is why the length of this drama series is making me nervous. sometimes korean script writers and directors overplay the same scenario within a drama, adding unnecessary angst. eventually, it'll only make the audience hate the main female lead because she seems so indecisive and weak.

case in point, goong. when the prince kept going back to that other girl over and over again, i ended up giving up on the drama because it seemed to be, not only, messing with the female lead, but with the audience. i just hope jandi doesn't act like the prince in goong.

i hope there will be a few episodes where jandi strongly stands by jun pyo's side without wavering.

don't worry... i think there'll be a part

when JD will stand for JP,

i think this is when (on Meteor Garden version) Daoming Si was trapped using Shan Cai,

and he came to rescue her, but ended being beaten up because if he's going to fight back,

they'll surely hurt Shan Cai. And the part when Shan Cai used herself to protect Daoming Si

from the bad guys... when they're about to hit Daoming Si with a chair...

i definitely fear that as well but then why add a very respected actress onto the show to play a very convincing mom (evil/mean) i might add if she isnt to create angst for that main couple?

taking into perspective that there is 18 more episodes to go, and i have no idea how this series ends or anything since i've never seen any of the other versions, i'm questioning how long now its going to take for JD and JP to finally have a mutual love without any problems n such o.o (or if she ends up with JH)

am i gonna have to wait like til the very end of the series? bahhhh i hope not.

That scene reminded me their 1st encounter when he said, " If everything works out

by saying sorry, no need for laws & police.

He ate his words!! :lol:

Gahhhh. I think this is a very important point. :lol:

I don't know if it's just me, but i feel like the other versions really emphasized this expression of Joon Pyo.. whereas we only hear him say it once in here. But i don't quite remember. All the analyzing of your guys' parts are sooo fun to read!! I am still very very curious as to who the shaman is referring to as "soulmate" and "husband".... it's JOON PYO for both of them!! :crazy:

I saw episode 5 and my heart totally sunk. The beginning was just so sweet and heart-warming. I felt so bad for Jandi, I was like gonna scream x.x

I find it funny how Jun Pyo is asking Yi Jung to help him with Ga Eul and not Woo Bin.

Guest misshakissh

NEWS SUMMARIES IN NAVER REGARDING BOYS OVER FLOWER.

* PREPPY LOOK POPULARITY RISES AMONG MALES.

lee ji hoon's shopping mall heyyo.co.kr had their sales hit above 50% than normal. many males finding kimbum's style in BOF caused this.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200901200909511010

* KIM JUN called the next JANG DONG GUN.

huge amount of cfs calls, casting calls have been flooding in for KIMJUN's entertainment company wanting KIMJUN. etc.

http://star.mk.co.kr/star_today_view.php?sc=41000001&cm=

%BD%BA%C5%B8%C5%F5%B5%A5%C0%CC-%B4%BA%BD%BA%C1%BE

%C7%D5&year=2009&no=38842&selFlag=sc&relatedcode=&wonNo=&sID=507

* KIM HYUN JOO WILL BE JOINING THE BOF CAST FOR EP 6.

when junpyo gets jealous and tries to get jandi and jihoo expelled from SHINHWA SCHOOL, junhee nuna will be the savior for the two. she will be taking a huge/impacted role for BOF, taking part in about 10 episodes in total. She will be playing both the loving enemy and sister for KOO JUN PYO. (?!??!!?) uh oh~

http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...1&outlink=1

* BOF FILIMING IN KEMYUNG UNIVERSITY CANCELED DUE TO 3,000 FANS swarm in :wacko:

basically the production team had to cancel the day's shooting at the university as their filming date got in way with the signing up for new semester for university students causing a huge mass of onlookers to get inway with the shooting.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200901200909491020

* BOF POPULARITY SHOOTS CF BREAK TO 15..

normally korean dramas dont have CFS in between every 10 minutes,, but they do 1 break in the middle. And from the first date of 2 cfs for ep 1, it had grown up to 15 cfs for episode 5. showing the popularity of BOF.

http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...1&outlink=1

* BOF RATING RISE, EOE FALLS.

http://news.cnbnews.com/category/read.html?bcode=66195

* LEE SI YOUNG to joing WE GOT MARRIED WITH junjin..

mbc totally trying to gain some popularity here..lol anyway good for her,, but im expecting her to back on BOF. please!~~ i loved her friendship with jandi although it sort of went the wrong way, but i can seriously tell that they were good friends till the end.

* MBC FEEELING THE HEAT SETS UP REAIRING GOONG EPISODES.

PUHAHAHA.. i dont even have to summarize that. ironic how its GROUP 8 that has taken production for both..

Guest annievy;

just finished watching it ! yay !

cant wait until tomorrow !

loved the shamen part, its showing that there is a real

love triangle going on rather than the other versions

how it seemed like rui was just a friendd yuhknow ? (:

QUESTION:

does any one know what phone Joon Pyo uses?

i think it the haptic 2 but im not sure THANKS !

Guest estarr<3

OMGGGG i just finished watching ep 5

and now im craving for ep 6 T^T

this drama makes me crazy i swear

i rewatch it a million times a day T_T

LOL at JP when he was talking about the genie as if he was a person =0=

OMGG IM SO JEALOUS OF GAEUL

but she looks so cute with yi jung

T____________T

i love how he was runnign around the whole top place to look for her

heheh so cute

and LOL how the restaurant like

increased in customers by like 1000000

after the new ladies started to work there to replace jandi and gaeul when they went away

heheheh

btw i like JP's phone. haptic yeah? +0+

cant wait till tomorrow when ep6 comes out :D

Guest KDPMeluv

Did anyone else think that Minji's past story was just...completely DISTURBING?

it kind of ruined this epi for me i think. cuz...plastic surgery every 2 years and then junpyo's like "i don't remember, but i'm sorry about that."

I'm not saying junpyo did anything wrong but, the fact that minji was so utterly scarred is really disturbing.

and that part when she was face to face w/ junpyo explaining her story, she seemed INSANE! o_o

and the fact that she like, scratched her face out of the yearbook.

wow. totally scary.

i think this drama is uncovering a lot of teenage drama that actually happens to some kids. first, the suicide attempt, next the utter mob bullying which is so true in korea, then the whole plastic surgery fiasco and the faked sleeping pics. it brings up some not-so-pleasnat aspects of student life. i was hoping bof would be more of a happy go lucky drama that everyone could watch in peace as a stress reliever (it is most of the time, but...)

On another note.

I'm a totaly ga eul yi jung shipper. THEY ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER!!!

Guest prettysw33tymae

Episode 5 was love! Although, I confess, that I was paying more attention to GaEul and YiJung than JanDi and JunPyo. T^T I can't help it!

OMgaddd... me 2!

I honestly was excited because of that pair..

I wish they get more and more and more and more screen time!!

Luv the pair very much!!

I look upon more of them since i know what is pretty much going to happen to the main couple anyway~

so this couple excites me..Wishing the PD will have a creativity in the story..twist or something..!!!

As for this episode..

It was alright..

I think it is going a bit tooo fast but hey who knows...

I am just hoping everyone would have a happy ending!!

Okai probably a LOT of ppl will hate me by sayin this.

But i still cant stand Hyunjoong's acting..

seriously,, it isnt bad but something is still missing!!

I hope he improves soon..

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddd..Eppisode 6!!

I cant wait for 7 and 8 tooo!!

The Kiss OMG! *excites*

Guest buddhjie14

OH MY EFFIN GAWD! (Channeling Ginger here)

What was supposed to be a one hour episode of Kkotboda Namja turned out to be 2 hours for me, since i kept on replaying and replaying some scenes from this episode...

It just gets BETTER AND BETTER AND BETTER AND BETTER...

I've been a big fan of the Taiwanese Meteor Garden and i'd forever be thankful to it for opening my doors to the world of Asian Dramas... but even if this version did some revisions from the TW one and there were a few deviations from the manga... I'm LOVING EACH AND EVERY SINGLE MOMENT OF IT! (and i don't even understand a single word of Korean!)

Jun Pyo playing that video game and Jandi covering the screen, Jun Pyo hitting the fire alarm of the mall so they can shop alone, Jun Pyo throwing the coin to get Jandi's attention... These scenes are not really a major part of the series and yet the impact on me was quite huge... I LOVEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD IT!

Everything seems brand new to my eyes and my senses even if i've watched both Taiwanese and Japanese versions countless of times...

In this episode i cried, i laughed, i giggled like a schoolgirl, i sighed and i spazzed non-stop over JunPyo... HOW PERFECT IS THIS GUY? JUNPYO SARANGHE! :wub:

I love the backdrop of all the locations that this episode was shot in... I can never get enough of the grandeur and opulence and luxury of the life that F4 lives... Everything just reeks of MONEY... No offense to the Taiwanese and Japanese production since i love it the same way, but this F4 made the others look like middle class citizens! :D

This series really caters to every woman's fantasy... THAT TO BE LOVED WITHOUT PRIDE, WITHOUT MEASURE and UNABANDONLY by a Tall, super handsome, filthy rich guy who will give up everything just to be with the woman he loves... and it is working... I am officially IN LOVE WITH JUN PYO (and MINHO too!)

I can understand Jandi's fascination with Ji Hoo though... in her heart, he is her savior... the person who sheltered her at a time when she needed it most... and i think, i will just be a teeny weeny bit disappointed if she immediately switches her attention to Jun Pyo just because he's being kind to her...

However, as she gets to know Jun Pyo better, i can also see her initial perceptions about him changing... her feelings wavering as she begins to weigh if what she felt for Ji Hoo was love or if she's feeling something more for Jun Pyo...

I think this version will present an even greater dillema than that of the previous versions when it comes to that love triangle since it seems like Ji Hoo had admitted to Jandi from previews that he is beginning to like her too... (Isn't it so that in the TW version Lei said that "he wishes he can like San Cai instead" when they kissed which means that he's still hung up on Chin and just seeking comfort from San Cai but in the Kversion Ji Hoo is already asking himself out loud, how he had begun to like a girl like Jandi which is almost an admission...)

Lei/Rui in the previous versions was more of a friend... somebody who kept his feelings for San Cai/Makino locked inside himself but with the complete and utter understanding that it is Dao/Doumyoji who really owns her... I wonder if they'd make this version any different...

As for the real actors, Kudos to Hyun Joong since he is slowly improving... I can see him growing more comfortable in his role and more relaxed now that he's not so dark and broody... I am looking forward to future episodes wherein he'd get the chance to let his character shine...

As for Minho... BRILLIANT ACTOR! I love his facial nuances, his gestures, his walk, his swagger, his arrogance and his soft side... the tenderness that he has on his face whenever he looks at Jandi makes me believe that he is really soooo much in love with Hye Sun... He is really JUN PYO come to life... I thought the same thing when it was Jerry Yan but he brought something else into the role that was also different from those who had previously done it...

He is sooooo believable as the heir of a worldwide conglomerate that i feel a sense of awe whenever he's onscreen... like i would like to genuflect or bow from my waist when i see him... hahaha!

Anyways, sorry for the long post but i think I have already found my most loved series for 2009...i know it's too soon to tell but one thing's for sure... I AM AT THE EDGE OF MY SEAT WAITING FOR EPISODE 6 tomorrow...

Sharing caps for today's episode although in LQ

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7044/53381296wx4.png%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9410/45495833af1.png%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6853/14942971gk9.png%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img67.imageshack.us/img67/3811/16858146mi7.png%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img239.imageshack.us/img239/6098/87384619vw1.png%7Boption%7D

I am also starting to like the Yi Jung - Ga Eul pairing... Unlike other series where my interest for secondary pairings are just that... SECONDARY... I have the same amount of interest over the development of this relationship just as much as i have with the Jun Pyo - Jandi - Ji Hoo love triangle...

Also, I was not really a Kim Bum fan when i first watched the series (i thought he looked too much of a nice boy...) but i am starting to see why a lot of girls fall for him... HE IS GOOD LOOKING and his smile is KILLER!

hi!

first i want to say that i relaly enjoyed reading your post!

it was kinda long... but... its worth reading! hehe...

i can see that you're also from Philippines...

let me tell you a good news...

I saw in ABS-CBN forums that it is confirmed that they got the rights

to air Boys Over Flowers(korea) in Philippines...

you said that it was Meteor Garden that opened your doors to Asian Drama world...

for me... Meteor Garden started my obsession to Tai dramas,

I used to only watch Kdramas(thanks to Three Dads One Mom who open my doors to the Kdrama World :lol:)

but after watching Meteor Garden. I begin to like Tai Dramas also...

I watched Meteor Garden I think just less than 15 days ago, I watched it because I really can't get over my obsession to Boys Over Flowers and it makes me crave for more of Hana Yori Dango!

I also tried to watch the Japanese version, but i kind of found it not really interesting(sorry if I offended any of the Japanese verion fan)... for me its really boring... just my opinion...

I have to admit that this version(korean) is the best among the three remakes!

taking into perspective that there is 18 more episodes to go, and i have no idea how this series ends or anything since i've never seen any of the other versions, i'm questioning how long now its going to take for JD and JP to finally have a mutual love without any problems n such o.o (or if she ends up with JH)

am i gonna have to wait like til the very end of the series? bahhhh i hope not.

correction... 19 more :lol:

they haven't aired the 6th episode yet.. :)