[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest kween_lisa

... Watching Episode 5

Does anyone feel bad for the little girl actress in the pre-k that plays Minji (that backstabbing friend that betrayed Jandi?(

The drama is basically implying that the little Minji is ugly. That's so sad. I think they should've done the scene in a way that it doesn't show the girl's face. But with all that aside...

OMG! mini-JunPyo was sooooo cute trying to avoid the bug. It was insanely adorable. I couldn't help giggling.

And the first 3 minutes of episode 5 was so sad. The way they were abusing Jandi was horrible.

I DO! That little girl is so cute!

I think they should have done it like the japanese. They didn't show her face at all.

Thank you LUV for the pictures.

Guest buddhjie14

blingee

353227627_977879.gif

%7Boption%7D

353213274_736049.gif%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7D

353194081_150301.gif%7Boption%7D

hi betchay830,

can I use that one as my avatar? thanks!

(sorry for qouting a pic, i just need to show her the pic i want :lol: )

+EDIT+

whoah!!!

I Opened a new Page!

+EDIT+

I applied it.. :)

i kind of feel bad because i didn't wait for your approval..

I hope you won't mind me using it...

^_^

Guest daysgoby

vlcsnap-9662177.png

I have to say, I laughed out loud when the ending theme started playing as Jun Pyo started taking off his shirt. Do the PD people really think Jun Pyo taking off his shirt is worthy as a cliffhanger? :P

Also, I'm doing recaps of the series as it airs, and here's the full recap of episode 5. I make fun of Hyunjoong's acting out of love ;)

My favorite moments in the episode (spoilers!):

• Jun Pyo baiting Jandi with the 500 won coin
  • Jun Pyo sheepishly admitting he's never had a girlfriend
  • After Jandi's phone convo with her parents, Jun Pyo asking a bit timidly if he's done something wrong again

can anyone pleasee translate the last part of the previews for ep6?? when JP is talking to JH..in anger :ph34r:

After we get a shot of Jun Pyo clenching his fists, he just says, "Listen to me carefully" before the scene is cut. :P

I have to say, I laughed out loud when the ending theme started playing as Jun Pyo started taking off his shirt. Do the PD people really think Jun Pyo taking off his shirt is worthy as a cliffhanger? :P

lmfao, i think its worthy xD

who doesnt wanna see some shirtless joonpyo? x3

and that cap... o.o WHOOO <3 lmao

he gets hotter every episode

Guest prisonerzero

I absolutely love strong Jandi - like where she gets bullied but she doesn't start sitting down and crying or that scene with Oh Min Ji where she slaps her instead of going 'oh ~ you're my best friend~ Let's make up even after all the crap

Exactly, yes. I really love strong Jan Di too. I actually like her a lot more because of her strong attitude. The Min Ji thing confused me though 'cause I can't remember something. Did she slap her because of the hotel and pictures thing?

Guest sweetie

EoE seems to be holding steady at 27% but I'm glad this drama is quickly catching up.

Vikii just has the last part to sub, I can't decide if I should start watching it or not.

Hi, just to let u know.. the last part is actually the preview only, the ep ended in part6. poor u waiting, go n watch it now! ^^

this drama gets better n better!! and i'm loving it more n more!

i actually cant wait to see next week's ep more than tomorrow's. tomorrow gonna be sadder watching our dear junpyo getting hurt by that kiss :tears:

cant wait for when jandi will realize her feelings for junpyo

Guest daysgoby

Exactly, yes. I really love strong Jan Di too. I actually like her a lot more because of her strong attitude. The Min Ji thing confused me though 'cause I can't remember something. Did she slap her because of the hotel and pictures thing?

She slapped her once after Min Ji says that she won't ask for forgiveness, and once for saying that she won't apologize.

I actually thought the slapping was as really petty move. I can't help but compare this scene to the one in the Japanese version because Makino was still the bigger person after the incident, and right after she still stood up for Sakuraku (might've spelled this wrong), Tsukasa runs and gives her his seal of approval, which I thought as adorable.

Guest justanordinarywriter

^ I think she slaps her because she is disappointed with Minji. (You know, to stood up that low and pretending to be her friend, whereas jandi really regards her as a friend)

I think the little girl who plays little Minji is also very cute! And little Junpyo's smirk reminds me of the current Junpyo... Lolz... (it's funny how they even make their clothes similar..)

Guest indierockerette

The chemistry between the F4 is what makes this version somewhat lacking, at least for me. I hate to say this but Ji Hoo seems always out of the place or lost or not even a part of the group. Yes, his character is quiet and indifferent, but the vibe I get from him in this version is just, I dunno, he seems to be a nobody? Was Hanazawa Rui ever like that? I mean when I read the manga, even if Rui just stays silent in the background, I know he's there. But Ji Hoo, even when he speaks, I cannot even feel his presence. It surprises me that I cannot bear to like Ji Hoo here, when in all the other versions, be it the original or adaptations, Rui/Ji Hoo has always been my favourite.

However, I feel bad for judging Ji Hoo this early, as we haven't seen his other side yet. (I hope.) If there's one thing I want this version to improve on (aside from the OST), it's the chemistry between the F4. I don't want to compare, but I cried in the j-version when the four of them brawled in front of Shizuka's poster(?) with such a killer BG music. That was bittersweet. Good thing, I'm starting to see JP's friendship with YJ and WB. I'm soooo looking forward to the future episodes.

Hi all! I'm a newcomer to this thread.

That's my thoughts exactly! I always loved the chemistry between the F4 in the Jversion. When I was reading the manga, the Rui in the Jversion was almost exactly how I imagined him to be. You really saw the love/friendship between Tsukasa and Rui.

In BOF, I don't really see any of that. I hope we get to see more of their friendship developing soon. Also, I want to see more character development of the other F4 guys. We don't really know much of YJ or WB yet. I know they're gonna have the YJ+GE storyline (which I did like but for some reason, I can't seem to like GE yet in this version) but they always leave out WB's character in the other dramas so I'm hoping they'll focus a bit on him too.

So it isn't just me. Who else thinks this OST is pretty bad? Part of the reason I liked the Jversion so much was because they had good music (Utada Hikaru's song was PERFECT! though, sometimes used a bit awkwardly but it always seem to fit into the mood of the drama). The songs in the Kversion are okay, but some of the songs have the worse singers singing them. That one "Lucky" song sounds like me and my friends at a karaoke.

It was a good episode today. The beginning was just <3333. I usually prefer Rui but I'm really liking Tsukasa in this version. JP is just too cute for words :lol: ! I tried to look past JD's overexaggerated screaming earlier because she had the right to scream at JP for being such a jerk but now it's just annoying! She seriously needs to calm down on that because my ears need a rest. Anyways, I'm sooo looking forward to episode 6~!!!!

Guest prisonerzero

She slapped her once after Min Ji says that she won't ask for forgiveness, and once for saying that she won't apologize.

Okay, thanks. I hate slaps when I don't understand their reasoning, hah.
:P

I think the little girl who plays little Minji is also very cute! And little Junpyo's smirk reminds me of the current Junpyo... Lolz... (it's funny how they even make their clothes similar..)

ahaha yeah, like mini jihoo had all white, and didnt mini joonpyo have fur or something? xD

and all the things they were doing are reminisent to how they are now.

Guest buddhjie14

EP 5 was so good!

I seriously watched this drama cause of hyunjoong...

but for some reason i was a little disappointed when he came back

cause that mean JD was going to get distracted again and focus more on him.. T.T

I want more JP and JD action!~ (but he didn't really interfere in this ep)

lol my favorite part was prob the part that everyone was anticipating for over the week.

JP saving JD.

lol he was so hot><

i also liked the fact that this drama had a little bit more of Kibum and Gaeul action:]

the cliffhanger at the end.. JP looked really hot, esp cause of the wind.

can't wait until tomorrow!!!

BONUS

some spoilers? on today's ep

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/2009/e7/20090120/20090120071919569e7_072113_0.jpg%7Boption%7D

I love that teary eyes of Joon Pyo, it tells me of how sorry he feel that he didn't believe Jan Di from the beginning and how he love Jan Di...

Guest _KojiWay

man i'm so addicted to this drama~

i needed a new wallpaper so why not a boys over flowers ?

and i'm just sharing it here just in case anyone wanted one :)

final.jpg

the size is weird because my computer's weird -0-''

if you want a specific one just let me know~

still need to finish episode fivee

but the people on viikii are super fast and awesome

i do have to say though, i need to turn the volume down at times 'cause of jandi's yelling

mondays and tuesdays are not going to be productive from now on

...My favorite moments in the episode (spoilers!):

• After Jandi's phone convo with her parents, Jun Pyo asking a bit timidly if he's done something wrong again

After we get a shot of Jun Pyo clenching his fists, he just says, "Listen to me carefully" before the scene is cut. :P

thanks so much for the translation!!

AND i totally agree with the part when JP asks JD if he did something wrong, it was so cute and he was genuinely worried! . he's trying so hard to get everything right! :blush:

Guest betchay

hi betchay830,

can I use that one as my avatar? thanks!

(sorry for qouting a pic, i just need to show her the pic i want :lol: )

+EDIT+

whoah!!!

I Opened a new Page!

+EDIT+

I applied it.. :)

i kind of feel bad because i didn't wait for your approval..

I hope you won't mind me using it...

^_^

No problem.. :D

I'm late on replying coz i did resized it for you.

avi2.gif

Use this one coz it is under 40kb file size.

Guest misspinky

I actually thought the slapping was as really petty move. I can't help but compare this scene to the one in the Japanese version because Makino was still the bigger person after the incident, and right after she still stood up for Sakuraku (might've spelled this wrong), Tsukasa runs and gives her his seal of approval, which I thought as adorable.

agreed. i was like wth? it was weird. it was twice not just once and i don't wanna look at you anymore (which i thought would probably be better). but in the japanese version, domyouji gets beat up trying to save makino but in this one it doesn't happen probably until the male model part where he confesses that he loves her even more than his own life.

The chemistry between the F4 is what makes this version somewhat lacking, at least for me. I hate to say this but Ji Hoo seems always out of the place or lost or not even a part of the group. Yes, his character is quiet and indifferent, but the vibe I get from him in this version is just, I dunno, he seems to be a nobody? Was Hanazawa Rui ever like that? I mean when I read the manga, even if Rui just stays silent in the background, I know he's there. But Ji Hoo, even when he speaks, I cannot even feel his presence. It surprises me that I cannot bear to like Ji Hoo here, when in all the other versions, be it the original or adaptations, Rui/Ji Hoo has always been my favourite.

IMO, the PD seem too be purposely portraying Ji Hoo as a sort of outsider within the group. If I'm not mistaken in episode 5, JP remarks on Ji Hoo's hange since coming bak from Paris that he's actually acting like a person and that this was the first time in a long time that he actually liked him. He's sort of like the shadow side to the rest of them and basially just does his own thing. The other two ae closer to JP. It's sort of like having a group of friends in high school or ollege and there are always one or two who are closer to each other, but are still part of the overall group.

daysgoby i loved your recap and although we have different views on this epi as a whole, you made some really great points. Like i said earlier, i think JH is much much better when he doesnt speak much at all.

The gifts were overbearing, a bit much if you ask me, and I totally agree with you, JD or the PD must TONE DOWN the screaming, some parts its just unnecessary.

Guest xvampireknight

HAHAHAHAHA big bang's parody is so funny.

I noticed they used the japanese name

and the ost from meteor garden. Nice mix.

Daesung, omg XD and GD is good at playing

bad boy roles and good boy.

looking forward to ep. 5 later

Guest your_sheroe

I know this is a little off topic but... what kind of phone does JP have? That thing is slick! What model is that?

Anyway, that episode was... touching...

I love the song they played when he came to save her in the beginning.

I have to admit that the younger F4 is so adorable! Same with that girl (forgot her name)

They're so chubby!!~

Kimbum... is just killing me softly with his smile...

That guy... takes my breath away...