[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

I am also actually a little bit O.o when I saw Jihoo's line before kissing Jandi was How can I start liking someone like you (or something along those lines) I hope that the writers do not make the JH-JD-JP triangle love line over exaggerated. Jihoo/Rui (as what I know from HYD, I didn't read the manga so correct me if I'm wrong) will be one of the 'great help' of Tsukasa-Makino relationship...

question: so actually in the manga, did Rui really like Makino or he will still love Shizuka?

I was a bit confused because the translations for this scene of the preview is wrong. Before Ji Hoo kisses Jandi, he actually says, "Why didn't I like a girl like you?" ("어째서 너 같은 애를 좋아하지 않은걸가?") and not "How can I start liking a girl like you?"

This implies that he doesn't like her yet.

Guest hurt2cu

4 myself, I found it sorta interesting that they leave that as the cliffhanger. It make me curious as to what sorta stupid or lewd thing he would be coming up with. A fun and refreshing cliffhanger.

I love his expression so much! Full of confident.

vlcsnap-9662177.png

I have to say, I laughed out loud when the ending theme started playing as Jun Pyo started taking off his shirt. Do the PD people really think Jun Pyo taking off his shirt is worthy as a cliffhanger? :P

I was unable to watch ep.5 onair, so today I must catch up with last night story.

Many thanks to friend who did the prompt eng subtitle and post them to viikii for sharing.

Good to see that the every week's ratio is raising, so this drama is like a classic one, no matter it had been shown in different countries and languages. TV viewers still love this one.

OK...I must try to spare some time to watch ep.5...

Guest buddhjie14

No problem.. :D

I'm late on replying coz i did resized it for you.

avi2.gif

Use this one coz it is under 40kb file size.

thank you very much :blush:

I can't wait for tinoght's episode!!

even though I'm kinda afraid to watch it

because I think this is really the part

when Joon Pyo's gonna be really hurt

after seeing Jan Di and Ji Hoo kiss

need to go now!

i've been sitting and replying and reading in this thread for

4 hours straight now!

need to eat breakfast :lol:

don't post to much on the thread so that I can catch up! :lol:

just kiddin...

I just finished watching ep.5!

OMG, I think Joon Pyo is getting hotter every episode. :wub:

And I have to agree with you guys, when JanDi screams, it annoys me, ALOT. Also, JanDi only screams to Joon Pyo. It might be the producer's idea to show that JanDi really hates Joon Pyo, but for some reason it bothers me.

It is totally fine when JanDi screams at the right time , but often.. *sigh*

anyway, kim bum is showing his teeth when he smiles! HAHA totally make my jaw drop!

ep.5 is such a good episode, looking forward to ep.6!

4 myself, I found it sorta interesting that they leave that as the cliffhanger. It make me curious as to what sorta stupid or lewd thing he would be coming up with. A fun and refreshing cliffhanger.

I love his expression so much! Full of confident.

Maybe he will ask her to teach him how to swim?? :w00t:

Guest justanordinarywriter

blue_angel_1004, thanks! so it <textarea style='margin:0px;padding:4px;width:98%' name='Post' tabindex='1' id='12248642_textarea' class='rte-iframe' cols='80' rows='15'>blue_angel_1004, thanks! so it makes sense now...

I personally like the OST so much (people of course have different opinion on the matter) but lucky grows in you the more you hear it... :D

The rating is increasing so fast! Wow, it's only the 5th episode and its catching up with EoE!

v

She slapped her once after Min Ji says that she won't ask for forgiveness, and once for saying that she won't apologize.

I actually thought the slapping was as really petty move. I can't help but compare this scene to the one in the Japanese version because Makino was still the bigger person after the incident, and right after she still stood up for Sakuraku (might've spelled this wrong), Tsukasa runs and gives her his seal of approval, which I thought as adorable.

Am I the only person who rather liked the fact that Jandi slapped Minji? xD I mean, it seems like something a normal person would do, in contrast to all those dramas where the main girl lets the evil backstabber off scotfree just because she's kind, still harbors friendly feelings for that character, or finds herself to be above that sort of behavior... It's probably because in those situations, I come close to tearing my hair out thinking of what I would do if I was in the main girl's position (if I had the chance *__*) lmao

Besides, in this version of the drama, we know that Jandi + Minji really are sorry/forgiving despite the confrontation.

Guest Storytime

agreed. i was like wth? it was weird. it was twice not just once and i don't wanna look at you anymore (which i thought would probably be better). but in the japanese version, domyouji gets beat up trying to save makino but in this one it doesn't happen probably until the male model part where he confesses that he loves her even more than his own life.

Actually I liked that Jandi hit Minji because it was a more realistic reaction. For someone who used you/pretended to be your friend/knew you were going to get hurt but didn't help and then told you she wasn't going to apologize, it would so unrealistic to be "a bigger person" and say 'oh, it's perfectly okay! Let's be best friends again!' It also made the latter scene even more endearing - when she listens to Minji's message in the doll and smiles because she knows that Minji really does want to be forgiven/regrets what she did. It makes their friendship that much more significant. ♥

Am I the only person who rather liked the fact that Jandi slapped Minji? xD I mean, it seems like something a normal person would do, in contrast to all those dramas where the main girl lets the evil backstabber off scotfree just because she's kind, still harbors friendly feelings for that character, or finds herself to be above that sort of behavior... Besides, in this version of the drama, we know that Jandi + Minji really are sorry/forgiving despite the confrontation.

No you are not the only one. I liked that Jandi slapped Minji, there's meaning behind the slap and of course Minji understood the reason why she was slapped too. Which made it all more meaningful and bittersweet.

i just thought of something

didnt jandi already know joonpyo has never dated anyone/had a girlfriend before?

because when she asked him why he waited in the snow for 4 hours for her, he said it's his first time waiting for someone

does that mean just in general waiting for anyone, waiting for a date to show up, or means he's never been on a date? >.< so confused

I don't think the slap was petty, because it was a small exchange for drugging her, taking scathing pictures that will always exist, and then being abused and humiliated by an entire school again. For all of those feelings, the slap seems miniscule in comparison. She placed her complexes before Jandi's safety and that is not easy to get past. I don't know if being gracious at that point would have fit Jandi's character. She is proactive and to have her friendship betrayed would have felt too cruel.

Guest purpletoe

hahaa. just finished watching ep5.. the subbers are really quick this time (at viikii.net). Thanks a bunch, subbers ^_^.. I really appreciate your hard work hehe.. :)

hmm I thought it's a lil weird for JP to arrange such a prompt vacation to New Caledonia.. -_- But then again, I think it'd be impossible for them to go if JP were to invite JD beforehand.. haha.. but yeah the island's a beauty. And I'm glad chemistry's starting to build up btwn kimbum & GaEul.. i think they make a great couple cos their looks really go together.. hehe..

I can't wait for ep6.. cos I enjoy watching love-triangle situation hahaha.. *cheeky*

Am I the only person who rather liked the fact that Jandi slapped Minji? xD I mean, it seems like something a normal person would do, in contrast to all those dramas where the main girl lets the evil backstabber off scotfree just because she's kind, still harbors friendly feelings for that character, or finds herself to be above that sort of behavior... It's probably because in those situations, I come close to tearing my hair out thinking of what I would do if I had the chance lmao

Besides, in this version of the drama, we know that Jandi + Minji really are sorry/forgiving despite the confrontation.

Nope, i agree with you, i like that scene a lot. It shows real emotion instead of just forgiving.

I really don't think backstabbers can reconcile with her friend.. even if they can, they won't be as close as they used to be.

I agree that the OST is kinda bad, i do hope the director have a knack for good music and good directing but it seems that he doesn't have taste for both. Even though i used to like his directing in delightful girl chunhyang...

Did he deteriorate?

---Caroline

Guest misshakissh

Actually I liked that Jandi hit Minji because it was a more realistic reaction. For someone who used you/pretended to be your friend/knew you were going to get hurt but didn't help and then told you she wasn't going to apologize, it would so unrealistic to be "a bigger person" and say 'oh, it's perfectly okay! Let's be best friends again!' It also made the latter scene even more endearing - when she listens to Minji's message in the doll and smiles because she knows that Minji really does want to be forgiven/regrets what she did. It makes their friendship that much more significant. ♥

seriously if my best friend spread a sex rumor about me??? with drugging me up and making me a richard simmons of the school all planned out by MY BEST FRIEND and telling me that she wont apologize. i'd be like OH HELLLLLZ NO. what dumb girl wouldnt slap a person in reality for doing that????? unless ur a freaking like SAINT. lol..

anyways jandi isnt suppose to completely fall for junpyo yet.... it has to take time. its a 24 episode drama........ there is sooo much stuff they have to cover, n its good that we are waiting like crazy for the moment to come. cuz it just shows how much ppl are like going crazy.. i mean on youtubem the viewers numbers is like around 200,000,,, subs out in liek 5 hrs after airing???? what is this? a new record???? jesus. but im really excited for junhee noona,,,,,, junpei coming back,,,,,,, and also i want minji to come back.i bet minji will come back in a bout a 2 weeks or something maybe. junpei for sure is coming back cuz thats what they said in a article while back.

Guest rogueeex

I know this is a little off topic but... what kind of phone does JP have? That thing is slick! What model is that?

Anyway, that episode was... touching...

I love the song they played when he came to save her in the beginning.

I have to admit that the younger F4 is so adorable! Same with that girl (forgot her name)

They're so chubby!!~

Kimbum... is just killing me softly with his smile...

That guy... takes my breath away...

I'm not exactly suree but it looks like the latest version of the Samsung Omnia.

T*Omnia?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. xD

i just thought of something

didnt jandi already know joonpyo has never dated anyone/had a girlfriend before?

because when she asked him why he waited in the snow for 4 hours for her, he said it's his first time waiting for someone

does that mean just in general waiting for anyone, waiting for a date to show up, or means he's never been on a date? >.< so confused

LOL, I honestly don't believe 'waiting for someone for the first date' means he's never been on a date. What it could also implied is that he's been on many dates, and never had to wait for anybody because they were always on time! :w00t: whereas with Jandi it was his first time waiting.

... Watching Episode 5

Does anyone feel bad for the little girl actress in the pre-k that plays Minji (that backstabbing friend that betrayed Jandi?(

The drama is basically implying that the little Minji is ugly. That's so sad. I think they should've done the scene in a way that it doesn't show the girl's face. But with all that aside..

I agree. I get that Minji used to be ugly is a THE main motive for all her wrongdoings, but the little girl playing Minji shouldn't punished by being labeled ugly. I find the BOF to be rather crass that way.

And the part about Minji's pre surgery pictures plastered over the big screen, I mean, who found out about that? Even the picture in her yearbook was all scratched out. If Junpyo leaked her pictures out of spite, then I lost some sort of respect for him. But I doubt Junpyo or the other boys did that. Plot device, how illogical you sometimes are.