[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Oh...as much as the it seems like the piano scene with JH and JD is pointless, I actually think there is a reason for this. When I was watching that part, I see JH smiling and playing the piano and JD was also smiling back, but she also seemed like she kind of thought of a plan to save JH and GE. While they were walking by the lake or river (I really don't know what you call it) and the water was spraying out in different motions, she finally made up her mind that she had to leave. Basically, the piano playing calmed her down and made her think of what she should do to save JH and GE. She didn't want her "Sunbae" to not smile anymore. As much as she is going to miss them and JP, she had to do it for JH and GE's sake. This is just my take on that whole piano playing.

Guest F4fan

Do you know what I just realized, the Umi character, Kim Min Ji, has short hair. It sounds kinda stupid, but Jaekung had short hair and now Umi. What is with all the girls that Junpyo gets tangeled with having short hair?

I think its to signify that while Umi and JK might look, have similar qualities, and act like JD, but they aren't JD. JP won't fall for the shell game.

Oh...as much as the it seems like the piano scene with JH and JD is pointless, I actually think there is a reason for this. When I was watching that part, I see JH smiling and playing the piano and JD was also smiling back, but she also seemed like she kind of thought of a plan to save JH and GE. While they were walking by the lake or river (I really don't know what you call it) and the water was spraying out in different motions, she finally made up her mind that she had to leave. Basically, the piano playing calmed her down and made her think of what she should do to save JH and GE. She didn't want her "Sunbae" to not smile anymore. As much as she is going to miss them and JP, she had to do it for JH and GE's sake. This is just my take on that whole piano playing.

I think JD made up her mind after hearing YJ and WB talk. Long before going to the hospital to see JH and his Grandfather. I think the piano and the bridge spouting water scene was to show where each other stands in each of their lives. For JD, she sees JH as close friend like GE. For JH, he loves her.

Guest pluie

I'm currently shed of tears because of JunPyo♥Jandi break up story, even at goong that many side stories instead of Chae Gyeong♥Shin Goon but they have many times together on the drama, then when I re-watching the drama there are still many cut about them together, but not like this Jandi♥Junpyo :(.

My recent subbing video:

[Eng Sub] JunPyo ♥ Jandi Break Up story - Hwanhee Nae Ssaram

Guest 윤호 오빠 짱!

omg, i just started watching this drama (after EOE finished)

and man.. I'M OBSESSED! it's soooo goood! ahhh!

but i'm only on ep. 3 :[[[[

gahhh! i have so much catching up to do haha

Episode 23 was just as every bit disappointing as 22.

I just have one question that needs to be clarified; since when did the title of this drama become JiHoo Over Flowers?

Last time I checked it was called JaekYung Over Flowers, I mean Boys Over Flowers, you know, the manga whose leading characters are supposed to be Domyouji and Makino.

For me, Boys Over Flowers ended in episode 14. The rest after that, I don't know anymore...

Anyway, as long as there is not form of bashing involved, I think all kinds of opinion should be welcomed whether they be negative or positive, so those saying that we should stop complaining and just watch the show, then why do we even bother going to message boards like these if we're not allowed to discuss about the drama.

so many people complaining about how to fit into the storyline x______o!

wait and see D:!

i loveddd episode 23! and the scarf kiss but when she pulled him down, it was like so fast! wish it was slower :[

ep 23 made me tearryyy!! :(

i'm anticipating the spoiler scene where mama kang tears up; i think that'd be so awesome to sweet! i'd probably end up tearing up too.

the only version where the mother shows some kind of endearing emotion!

Oh...as much as the it seems like the piano scene with JH and JD is pointless, I actually think there is a reason for this. When I was watching that part, I see JH smiling and playing the piano and JD was also smiling back, but she also seemed like she kind of thought of a plan to save JH and GE. While they were walking by the lake or river (I really don't know what you call it) and the water was spraying out in different motions, she finally made up her mind that she had to leave.

Your assessment is well stated and has valid points. Although, from the time of Jandi's vist at the hospital, to the slow motion walk, piano playing, night stroll by the bridge, it took almost 10+ minutes. Moreover, all Jandi had to do was look at Ji Hoo's ill stricken grandfather sitting on the hospital bed, to convey such message. While, Jun Pyo and Jandi rarely have the pleasure of such romantic scenes. From episode 13 forward, the attention has been focused mainly on Ji Hoo and Jandi's quiet buddy buddy time and serene ventures (toooo many to name). I say this bff is TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT.

Guest boraah

Episode 23 was just as every bit disappointing as 22.

I just have one question that needs to be clarified; since when did the title of this drama become JiHoo Over Flowers?

Last time I checked it was called JaekYung Over Flowers, I mean Boys Over Flowers, you know, the manga whose leading characters are supposed to be Domyouji and Makino.

For me, Boys Over Flowers ended in episode 14. The rest after that, I don't know anymore...

Anyway, as long as there is not form of bashing involved, I think all kinds of opinion should be welcomed whether they be negative or positive, so those saying that we should stop complaining and just watch the show, then why do we even bother going to message boards like these if we're not allowed to discuss about the drama.

Technically... Boys Over Flowers ended at Episode 12. That Episode actually had the "manga" ending.

SERIOUSLY..

why are there so much unimportant JH scenes added at this crucial point of the drama when there are only TWO episodes left and TONS of issues to still resolve? It's not like JH is the main character. T__T I have nothing against JH, but it's unfair for him to get so much airtime when another member of F4, WOO BIN, has like less than a minute (?) airtime per episode. IT'S SO UNFAIR!

I hate it how the PDs and the writers drag some of the characters for so long. It doesn't even help the storyline. T__T

and, of course, the almighty TRANSITION problem. sheeesh...

I have to agree... Everything was fine till episode 13 started. WHY OH WHY DID THEY HAVE TO DRAG JAE KYUNG for sooo long in the story when they could've ended the whole fiance thing after just 2 episodes? If the writers and the PDs cut out the random scenes, they could've had more time to build up a better constructed story.

and yeah.. JH's GRANDFATHER.. T__T at first, I though he was going to be the one who'll help JD destroying the evil mother of JP.. so I thought that it was okay for him to take up so much time in the drama..

AND NOW, it turns out he ISN'T going to be the one who'll redeem JD? so what's the use of all those episodes that focused so much on JH's Grandfather?!??

On the other hand, I still adore JD and JP. :)

and about the YJ and GE story.. sheeesh.. I just wish the PDs and writers could give them a better resolved ending.

I don't know why everything in this drama feels so rushed these days. It's so.. tiring to watch it. draining. O__O

EDIT:

The thing is that this drama is supposed to focus on JP and JD's struggle to be together. It's good that the PDs show some of the stories of the rest of the F4 on the sidelines/minimally like how YJ and GE's story is. But I feel like there's an imbalance between WB and JH. While JH gets so much focus on his family life, and his past and everything, we don't even have a clue on WB's personal life. O__O We don't even get to see where he lives?!

Guest ml_87

i'm afraid that the script writer will change the character "UMI". she is the person who helps Jp gain memory, right? why her? why not JD? i know she will try her best to help JP and why the PD needs to be so cruel to JoonDi? i cant bear see another JP-Umi's date

so stupid! Jk should have disappeared after episode 17!! too little JoonDi and Soeul moment!!

I was expecting JP to relapse into his state of utter bleakness which he did when jandi faded before his eyes. Esp like the last part where he was leaning back in a corner in the police station as an exasperated junhee arrived on screen. Lee minho played the part to perfection when he continued staring into space completely lost, and did not even respond to his sister when she called his name. THe video cam was then moved to show secretary jung. And I liked the look that was registered on his face. He was probably hoping all that he did (hooking up jandi with the man in the coma) would have not been too late to save his young master and the goo family.

I have to mention JH and how he changed since JD left. Contrary to JP, he is poised to take control of his family, and protect what he deems valuable to him. As much as I fear, he is preparing himself to be strong enough to stand before Shinhwa's chairwoman, and I think he still has JD in his mind as his motivation. I"m a JP-JD shipper. I like how the twist is happening and how the two guys are taking JD's departure so drastically different in their own ways. I still think JP is a bit more childish compared to JH as of now. But it's evident that JD only has him in her heart, the person she loves the most which she cannot protect.

edit:

After more thought, i really liked how they showed JP and JH's contrasting characters. JH was always hiding and sleeping his day away, retracting from the truth while growing up becoz he was family-less and that was how it carved its effect into him. It was as obvious as day. JP on the other hand was arrogant, violent, childish and outright vented his emotions all the time although he grew up with a lack of parental love. And right in this episode, we now see JP retracting into a corner, his world collapsing before his very eyes, him resorting to drowning himself in sorrow with wine. THe manga showed tsukasa getting violent and going out to get entangled in a fight. But I like how jp did it different here. He's doing something which he doesn't usually do. It kinda shows how devastated he really is.

In contrast, JH puts his angst or whatever emotions you call it into his work. And this is in start contrast to his situation when seohyun left him. He was downright sad and depressed and couldn't do a thing about it.

We have two epi left and i simply can't contain my excitement to know what to expect next. yes, i know there's the amnesia arc with umi. But there should be more things right? just like epi 23, it was packed with punch.

If JD and JP will kiss again, can JP be the person on the right instead. I realize we get better kisses that way.

sorry to cut your post short, but I like your analysis of JH and JP. Makes a lot of sense.

A lot of people complained about too many random scenes of JH-JD. But were the hair-cutting and car-washing scenes not to show some interaction between while they were living under the same roof?

And how can JH confess to JD, while he knows that his best friend and JD like each other?

i'm afraid that the script writer will change the character "UMI". she is the person who helps Jp gain memory, right? why her? why not JD? i know she will try her best to help JP and why the PD needs to be so cruel to JoonDi? i cant bear see another JP-Umi's date

so stupid! Jk should have disappeared after episode 17!! too little JoonDi and Soeul moment!!

At first Umi tries to help Junpyo regain his memory, but then she starts to develop feelings for him. She tries to stop junpyo from remembering jandi. I read that Umi isn't a cruel person though. She is supposed to be kind and helpful, but she changes her ways after she falls for Junpyo. To me it sounds like Jaekung all over again. Jaekung is a nice person, but she developed feelings for Junpyo and began to torture Jandi emotionally.

Guest Ax016

i loved the piano scene for the continuity error. ji hoo unhitches the red rope but it's completely open on the other end. they should gotten someone who could actually play the piano to play the song since it only showed his hands anyway.

i think episode 23 was formulated in such a fluid way from all the events that are supposed to be happening in the manga.

Guest nina218

sorry say this to park soojin fans... I liked watching her in variety shows but with regards to playing Eun Jae her acting skills is just so-so, she wasn't a very effective Eun Jae at all... her face shows no expression, the PD's should have chosen a rookie in acting like the actress who played Jaekyung, her acting skills where very effective.

Guest lulupark

From the time of Jandi's vist at the hospital, to the slow motion walk, piano playing, night stroll by the bridge, it took almost 10+ minutes. All Jandi had to do was look at Ji Hoo's grandfather sitting on the hospital bed to convey such message. While, Jun Pyo and Jandi rarely have the pleasure of such romantic scenes. From episode 13 forward, the attention has been focused mainly on Ji Hoo and Jandi's quiet buddy buddy time and serene ventures (toooo many to name). I say this bff is TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT.

I am not sure can I quote your post, if it is npt allowed please tell me then I'll edit it again.

Can't agree with you more. Time spent on JH and his grandpa WAS TOOOOOO MUCH....

It's necessary to show the emotional change and the storyline btw JH and JD, as well as JH and his grandpa. BUT!!! is it necessary to be THAT long? PD always shows JH-JD/JH-grandpa in a very very slow pace, but without fruitful content, it's a kinda waste of time....esp there are too many storylines that not yet been finished within 2 eps...

To be honest, I skipped most of the JH-grandpa part by fast forwarding. This part is the worst line among all the characters in this drama, but ironically, it occupies one third of the whole time.....LOL...

Guest itrayya

wait, wait, wait.

Umi is gonna be in 24 and 25.

and 25 is the last last last episode, right?

if so, that's such a rush and unneeded rush into the ending.

it's like they are trying to fit everything end before episode 25 ends.

i really dont like the thought of having Umi in, but whatever happens, i'll take it i guess.

*puffs*

i just want to see Jun Pyo and JanDi together.

and i cant bare the thought of Jun Pyo losing his precious memories of JanDi.

that makes me sad :(

i have faith that the producers will do their best to give us the best! aja!

THANKS to all you BOF lovers!!!!

Guest choliese

Eps 23 really turns things upside down.

After such a cheerful date, did JD have to leave the same night T_T

and the chasing bus is so miserable, i wished their picnic/time together lasted longer

LMH & GHS has such good chemistry together, i wish they got more screen time than JH ><

Guest ml_87

Eps 23 really turns things upside down.

After such a cheerful date, did JD have to leave the same night T_T

and the chasing bus is so miserable, i wished their picnic/time together lasted longer

LMH & GHS has such good chemistry together, i wish they got more screen time than JH ><

yes, i know that all of BOF fans wish the same. me, too. i think cauz the chemstry between Mino-HS is so great so they reduce their screen time and increase JH-JD time cauz they dont have that kind of chemistry. but, my friend said that in the manga, the time tsukasa with tshikushi is short too. if it's true, i think becauz GJP is too hot so that we want him with JD as much as possible. :rolleyes:

but, unlike other people, i do love the 2nd part of BOF. it is much more intense than the 1st one. of course, some of the scenes are not necessary and dragging but i think 2nd part makes BOF much more than a film to entertain. it makes me think a lot. it conveys many meaningful messages. ;) and every time JoonDi appears i feel like in the 9th cloud. so the more we're thirty of them, the more we treasure their moment :lol:

Technically... Boys Over Flowers ended at Episode 12. That Episode actually had the "manga" ending.

For me it ended at 14 because up to that point everything was still consistent and and the story still revolved around JunPyo and Jandi.

The rest after episode 14 was just a complete mess for me

I liked it better when people were complaining during season 1 the story revolved around JunPyo and made the story seem as if it was from his point of view which was supposedly from Jandi, because then at least, it was still THEIR story, but now it has turned into The Struggles of JiHoo.

EDIT

I was just wondering, do korean people, those from korean message boards also have the same sentiments are international fans do?

Guest emfkrx

For me it ended at 14 because up to that point everything was still consistent and and the story still revolved around JunPyo and Jandi.

The rest after episode 14 was just a complete mess for me

I liked it better when people were complaining during season 1 the story revolved around JunPyo and made the story seem as if it was from his point of view which was supposedly from Jandi, because then at least, it was still THEIR story, but now it has turned into The Struggles of JiHoo.

haha yes i agree! like omgg from ep 14 onwards

its all like jihoon- jandi, junpyo-jaekyung

LIKE HELLO! its JANDI AND JUN PYO!

too much ji hoon time, come on he's a fav but man

he has a blank expression for the WHOLE DRAMA!

a lil bit of vein popping, scrunchended face sobbing

arrg ji hoon pisses me off! come on already!

we need more jun pyo and jandi man!

the moon and the star forever