[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest lemonsorbet

um a question does anyone know where the drunk guy appears?

cause i cant find it im like rewatching the episode lol :)

but still cant find it :(

its ep 23, around 51:15?

i think the guy probably has never seen jp, but probably went bankrupt due to shinhwa company. looking at the written ep preview, jh probably shows up when jd and her mom are in a bind (maybe the other woman are demanding repayment for loans etc) and takes care of the situation. Since jds' mom has been bragging that jd is dating the heir of shinhwa, the ladies probably automatically assume that jh is the shinhwa heir, and that's probably how the drunk guy mistakens jh for jp first.

:P this thread sucks me in like no other!

um a question does anyone know where the drunk guy appears?

cause i cant find it im like rewatching the episode lol :)

but still cant find it :(

The drunk guy appears after JanDi gets to the village. She is in the fish market/shopping area looking for her mother. The mother is telling the three women about JD and JP. Th guys comes up all in black and asks to buy fish from JD mom. You can't really see his face and he seems to be staggering a little. Very ominous looking.

Guest mysticalz

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS TWO MORE EPISODES TO GO AND THIS ADDICTION/CRAZINESS IS OVER

but before we get to that, the PDs and scriptwriter need to solve some problems.......alot....i mean alot alot of problems

1. JPs dad-->is he going to wake up or not and what 'special" part is he going to play in the whole JD and JP and evil witch relationship? :o

2. Gaeul and YJ-->are they going to be together or not? ;)

3. JD and evil witch-->are they going to reconciled and be "friends"? :angry:

4. JH and grandfather-->they are now family but they need "someone"else in their family? :D

5. Umi-->WHAT THE HECK WERE the PD's THINKING (2 more episodes left for god sake)...will she get JP in th end? :tongue2:

6. JP--> is he going to stab and die or just lose his memory? :vicx:

7. JP--> will he gain back his memory before its too late? ( i mean in HYD JD gave up and threw the necklace back to JP) :wacko:

8. JD-->if Jp forgot about her will she just move on and go to JH? :phew:

9. JP and JD--> how will they get back together? :crazy:

10. THE BIGGEST QUESTION: JP and JH--->who will JD end up with? (take note: the PD's said before they are making the ending different from the manga and the two other versions "hint" "hint") so anything goes :unsure::ph34r::blink:

Guest windoze

Episode 23 Soft Subs

Here are rapidshare softsubs for episode 23. I take no credit for any translation works.

http://rapidshare.com/files/213207114/bof23.richard simmons

Source: viikii.

Credits: 9529rmr, angifangi25, aquaeia, asukitta, AznAlexT, champong, deegee89, freshhh, Giselle, grc733, iheartut188, jennyb, jkimx6, Julianab215, jupitel, kabvaj09, kdrama5, keaixin424, korean4ever, krystinaaa, kt123, mekellina, meliccha, mexikankutty, Nanciie, nyleve, pinkyleo509, SakuraG, scheeta18, sethcohen1, stardust, Stoofanie, Sunnnyx, tiffanykbofle, timothy1234, veryberrymary, xoxoLULUxoxo, zannillestel90210,

Note: since this is a bootleg rip its unsynched - hopefully somebody will sync them soon

I don't have the hd raw so I haven't watched this yet, but since there seems to be some gliches in the viikii files, I guess there will be major unsynch about 40 minutes in.

Thanks eka_chan for posting the spoilers!!

Ay....literally....ay......I feel really sad that BOF is ending, but I feel that there is something else missing. I feel that it is now close to the end and nothing seems to be resolved. I just feel that things have just started. The second part of BOF seemed like it accomplished nothing and now that is is close to the end, they try to accomplish at least something. I think as everyone has indicated....missing all the JD and JP scenes. I keep hoping and hoping that there are going to be least 4 episodes where they stay together and nothing causes them to break apart. After all this hoping, I'm sort of giving up and just thinking that at as long as JD and JP ends up together, then I'm happy. I hate watching a show like this! I hate having to watch a show and give up on the couple because the interesting part of the show is the main couple and how they get together and stay together to face the obstacles. As someone else said, I don't even remember this show is remotely related to Hana Yori Dango. I love the first part because everything flows so well and now the second part seems to be dragging on certain parts that should not be. I'm sorry for the rant and sorry to the actors because I totally am not complaining about them, I'm just complaining at the writer of the show.

For one thing, when I think of F4, I keep thinking that they should at least have a storyline of some sort. I mean WB should at least appear in more episodes and maybe have a storyline dedicated to him. Every other F4 member had a storyline, but WB was left out of the ditch. Now, I understand why he had his weird bridge scene. He is so neglected in the story that he really needed to vent.

JK, well, the fiancee arc was way too long when it should have only lasted like maybe 5 episodes.

JH, well, I feel extremely sorry for him and as long as I feel this way, I want to really yell at the writer for this. The character JH is supposed to be a guardian angel and comes out to put JD and JP back together when JD has problems with JP. Now, they make his character come out so much to the fact that everyone thinks he is a major third wheel for the couple instead of a guardian angel. Don't get me wrong...I love this character and him and would love to see lots of scenes of him, but if it kind of interferes with the story, then I would rather they minimize his screen time. Again, I blame the writer for this.

YJ and GE, I personally loved this storyline ever since I watched MG I. I really want this couple to get together, so I am really happy for all their screentime. This part was about the only part I think the writer was good at.

I think that at this moment in time, they should not even bring in a new character because there are all ready a deficiency of JD and JP happy moments and now this. I don't know...I think I am ranting too much...I'm sorry for that, but I really needed to get this out of my system.

I keep thinking that the camera that WB picked up would have a part in this storyline somehow. Is it going to or is it going to be one of those things that gets thrown in and not explained anymore? I really wish the writers would be more serious in their writing and not writing just because this story will get huge ratings no matter how they write it.

Overall, I really love the korean version of HYD, but am really sad that it didn't go the way I wanted it to.

Regarding KPculture's spoiler that Umi appears at the end of ep 24 or at the start of ep 25... the more accurate translation of the original spoiler poster is that Umi appears at the latter half of ep 24 or at the start of 25 (if the episode gets pushed back further).

My guess is that she will appear middle of ep 24 and will remain until the middle of ep 25. The spoiler poster has not revealed until when Umi will appear. However, Group 8 revealed that Umi will appear for one episode length.

Guest s0y0un*

im guessing the last two episodes are going to be very fast paced :]

has anyone noticed jihoos face is getting smaller & smaller >< but still hott

is that really joonpyos dad thats lying sick? how come joonpyo or his mom never visit him?

Guest ainne92

While, I agree that in 2 episode's time, BOF cannot fully be completed, with an adequate ending for all parties. I doubt that any extention besides the 1 extra episode given, would do this drama any good. It's a little too late in the game plan. Any further extention would just drag out the amnesia plot and my BIGGEST FEAR:

JI HOO screen time!

1. JH looking pretty.

2. JH walking around, hanging out with his horse.

3. JH showcasing his many talents, cause we haven't seen enough.

4. JH in an endless array of activities, I'm sure the writer would come up with something lovely.

----------- episodes after episodes would KILL us slowly. ------------------------

Let us hope for a nice Kiss at the end.

OMG!! I couldn't agree with you more...lol! The way you listed all these things just made me laguh so much because it's so true... I hope these don't happen X[

No point complaining in this forum...the Group 8, PD or scriptwriters do not have the time to come here and read at all...

Post it at KBS World will still give us some hope that the staff in KBS World webpage will read it...

http://kbsworld.kbs.co.kr/programs/program...mp;lang=e#pmenu

No registration required, you can just enter your name, subject, password and your comments..

I'm not surprised that the rating stay around 31-33% because the Korean fans are aware of how the PD/scriptwriter will treat the couple JD/JP........ Giving us so many photos of JD/JP during filming but when it comes to actual screening, it's so pathetic.... :angry: (thinking that by releasing so many pic of JD/JP, the fans will think they have alot of screen time together....i think the korean fans knew their trick already)...

Guest ml_87

i have just watched episode 23 with sub. things become clearl to me now. before watching epsiode 22 and 23, i think that i will enjoy the former than the later. but suprisingly, i really love episode 23. although, there're some scenes of JH-JD but to me, it's necessary. they show us what the relationship of JH-JD is. what JH means in JD's heart. about Soeul couple, i dun know why, i like Kim Bum and KSE but i dont find that they have chemistry like JP-JD. their scenes are not romantik to me, except for the root top. i like kim bum more when he struggles himself. but when he's with GE in episode 23, i dun think that they have sth for the other. maybe, the PD should spend more time for them. when GE's searching the place, i dun find any hardness cauz it's so fast. and when she almost fainted for tiredness, i just see she's pretending. i myself think that the Korean PD should not double the sadness in recent episodes. Jp-JD have such a hard time (the wedding) and so does Soeul couple (his 1st love). it should be that JoonDI has happy moment why Soeul struggles for themself. . it must more valueable than things like the stupid car washing or JP-JK's 2nd date.

back to the breakup scene, i cried again. i'm very happy when seeing Jp touch JD's head, pinch her cheek and smile endlessly. but,how can i bear see him heartbroken like that. his eyes when he's at the police station, full of exhaustion, disappointment, regret and missing. i wonder why he is so miserable? why the scriptwriter is so cruel to him and JD?

Guest nikesma

I agree in most of you about lacking scenes between JP and JD. It is kinda sad when Mr.PD cater so much of fans 'needs'. I still remember the first statement made by KHJ when he said.. he might appear less or not appear at all in an episode in the future. That sort of made fans frustrated upon hearing that and made fuss about it. So I think the original plan was that... JH's character will not be highlighted as much as today.

Each time I kinda feel frustrated watching each episodes these days. It lost its impact to me somehow unlike any other version. I wish they give more attention to the development of JP and JD relationship. Looking back, I don't see JD's feelings towards JP isn't as strong. It kinda faded after the Macau episodes. Maybe because JD spent too much time with JH that I don't see why her feelings towards JP is strong. >.>

Guest tofumui

awww the scarf kiss scene was awesome.. so sweet :lol: you can tell JunPyo was just on cloud 9.. it was totally a special day for him. JanDi initiates the date by calling him out instead of him asking her to meet him, prepares the picnic and egg rolls for him, finally tells him that she likes him and cannot erase him even tho she tries her hardiest to forget about him, and then lays "the" kiss on him.. :lol:

but then right after that comes the heartache and the breakup scene..

Episode 24 KBS Official Written Preview:

"How did you know I was here?"

"I was able to hear it. I used (don't know what 불침번 means) in case I wouldn't hear. Every night."

By coincidence, JH finds out about JD's whereabout and asks JP to come w/ him to go find her. But JP, who became a wreck, refuses and disappoints JH once again.

When JD comes down to the fishing village, she is greeted by rumors that she is the fiancee of a rich tycoon's son. When the rumor is revealed to be false and JD's put in an awkward situation, JH shows up in front of JD. JH, who finally gathered his courage, tells JD about his feelings. JP who also came down later looks upon the two with a devastated expression.. And at that moment!

Episode 24 SPOILER from kpculture.wordpress.com :

*At the hospital where Jun Pyo lies hurt, Jun Hee yells at her mother: “Are you satisfied now!? Do you even know what your son likes eating, what he likes doing?”

*Jan Di and Chairwoman Kang have a conversation. Jan Di tells her that Jun Pyo likes omelettes, ramen, fishcakes, going on picnics, and stargazing.

*Chairwoman Kang tears up in front of a fishcakes [food] stall.

*At the empty clinic, Ji Hu is deep in thought while holding a ring. He starts to cry. However, when his grandfather enters, he puts his arms around his waist and begins to sob.

*Jung Yu Mi makes her entrance at the end of episode 24 (or maybe even at the beginning of episode 25).

thanks blue_angel_1004 and eka_chan for the episode 24 spoiler.. i wonder when the scene where JunHee confronts Chairman Kang will appear? i'm assuming it will be in the next episode and that is when JunPyo starts to self-distruct

i don't know how they can fit in the new storylines with only 2 episodes left but i'm anxiously waiting to see the ending.. just hope i won't be disappointed

I agree that this drama had THE potential to be THE BEST HANA YORI DANGO adaptation.

Already the cast was the best-looking, and the scenery played up the rich, exclusive feel of HYD that the Taiwanese and Japanese versions were never able to achieve.

But the storyline is FAIL

i don't think it's fair to compare this version to any of the other versions.. i mean when the Japanese and Taiwanese versions came out it's been quite a few years ago and i'm sure they were both huuuge.. during that time i didn't watch the Taiwanese version right away but even knew that everyone was glued to the tv screen every episode.. also, it's hard to say that they played up the scenes this time b/c it's all relative. when they filmed the other verions, a lot of the technology was not as advanced as it is today and this version is taking the best of both versions and combining it into the one which makes it seem better than the other versions.. but i think it's b/c we expect more from our drama series now

thanks ml_87 for always having the episode subbed so quickly and gives me something an idea of what to look foward to before the episodes are available on YT or for download.. and thanks flower_pot for your reviews... :lol: they're always fun to read and you definitely know how to tell it like it is.. after next week's episodes i don't know what to do with myself.. ahh

Guest ninjastar

If you watched the Japanese version, Umi (Erika Toda) appeared in the last two episodes, so I don't know why people are complaining (unless you want 2 hours of joondi)

their relationship the entire drama has all been about obstacles, so why not just add one more for the hell of it.

Guest Debbie1633

I asked KPCulture about the Yu Mi/Umi storyline...

SPOILER

Yu Mi will appear towards the end of ep. 24 or the beginning of ep. 25. She will actually indirectly help Jun Pyo and Jan Di get back together. And KP is almost positive that Jan Di and Jun Pyo will reunite right away, not a number of years down the road, i.e. it won't happen during the xxx years later segment.

Also, KPCulture said that the cast has already been given the script of the last episode but without the ending. Each cast member will get the ending to memorize THE DAY of filming in order to prevent leaks.

I love reading spoilers but I might just avoid all korean drama websites and blogs, including soompi, in the days leading up to the finale as I want to be surprised!! :)

Guest kurayzeexivy

Does anyone know where the BOF .gifs are? I've been backtracking so many pages but can't seem to find them. D: They were so cute! Please PM me if you find them, it would really help. Thanks!

I haven't had the time to watch this week's episodes yet, but I am downloading them right now! Wee! (Thank you lovely arashi :D) I've been avoiding this thread these past two days cause I don't want to know what happens!

Guest Bontaku

Are you KIDDING ME?

They had 4 MINUTES in episode 23. 4 MINUTES. 2 SCENES. How does that result in less time for JD and JP?! The YJ and GE scenes are already rushed and all over the place. Even if they had 10 minutes, that still not detracted from JD and JP's scenes.

If anything, the PDs should cut JH's scene. Add up all his ep 22 scenes = talking to JK, walking around with his horse, cutting JD's hair, washing his car...

Last time I checked, the name for the drama was Boys over Flowers. Not JH's Love Story.

I really don't understand what's the fuss about excluding YJ & GE! I totally agree with you. This couple hardly had any air time and i feel that the story of how GE search for the billboard is rushed! Can someone fill in for me how she knew it's on top of the building if YJ never read that letter? The flashback didn't mention it (unless i missed it!).

Don't mean to offend JH fans but seriously the story is basically about JD/JP. It's the last few episodes and they still want to squeeze in JH's life story and his grandpa. The first few episodes of BOF was draggy so i hope the last few won't be a rush job. Either storywriter should do her job properly or they should extend it the drama.

the more i look at Jandi, the more she lookes like SNSD Jessica lolol

maybe it's the hair.

When I first saw JD, she reminded me of Edna of the Incredibles. :D

ARRRGGHHH!!!

I feel like pulling out my hair....

why does the writer has to be soo cruel to Jun Pyo and Jandi..???

What has she got against them and does she has a crush on Jihoo..?????

The horse riding scene was really unnecessary...

OMG!!! Episode 23 is the most heart breaking episode ever...