[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

In reference to statement:-QUOTE (eternitygoddess @ Mar 24 2009, 07:31 PM) *

I agree 100%. This BOF had all that was needed to make it the best , unfortunately it did not turn out that way. This is my personal speculation on the time jump for the final episode - well its what I would like any way.

After GJP regains his memory and is back with GJD finally.

3 YEAR TIME JUMP

1. F3 & GJP graduates from university & works part-time at Shinwha Group for more heir-in-training, his parents managing things in the interim. Family life on a whole has drastically improved. He and GJD are still together, there should be adult kisses and make out sessions by now though we do not see them. However, there should be frustration signs showing that its time for them to be more "couplish" if you get the drift, she hesitates somewhat. I miss the attraction heart beating sessions previously shown indicating chemistry & would like it if they brought it back if they are to do a big romance piece in the show. (B) GJD is completely accepted by all.

2. GJD is a premed student at the university. There is no way she is leaving the country unless its with GJP & F4. Separation does not do any of them good. Plus this is more realistic for this couple in question. To me there is no need for a five year time jump that's horrific in itself, plus medical school takes much more than 5 years. GJD dreams/plans is to operate the clinic once becoming a doctor, when she stops by the clinic its for training with grandpa continuing as her mentor.

3. There is a wedding - YJ & GE. HAPPINESS IN ABUNDANCE. All parties are there, GE throws the bouquet, GJD catches it and GJP looks at her & says -"Lets", GJD nods and he gives her an adult kiss in public, everyone cheers. Woobin with his English - "YO YO YO, ITS ABOUT TIME!!"

4. Once the cheering stops, GJP puts the ring on her finger. They walk away and kiss again in the sunset .

5. As for Woobin, he's still the ever loving Casanova, would love to give him a girl but for the life of me I cannot. He's a fun character who needs to remain single for a bit longer

THE END

6. As for JH, two things can happen (1) he is introduced to someone preferably by GJD as a potential girlfriend from him, he humors her (it has potential) (2) he is running both foundation and clinic, single but is happy none the less.

7. Alternate ending (2), there is a huge wedding for GJP and GJD , YJ and GE are still dating, JH has started to see someone. GE gets into Shinwha University (a guilt scholarship courtesy of Madam Kang), YI is not pleased as he knows what a treasure GE is and do not want her introduced to potential boyfriends, she reassures him "we get to see a jealous YJ".

Other - I know ppl has been asking how can they stuff all the things that are needed for the ending. To me, the best solution would be to have episode 24 & 25 - 1 hr 30 mins each, therefore the invisible ep 26 is taken care. Hopefully this can be worked out that way.

Guest tchq90

I'm just curious about the reaction of K-drama fans in Korea about this drama lately???? No, I'm not talking about those KHJ fanatics... Is there any, at least one, film/movie/drama critic dare to say what we are presenting here in this forum.

BTW, the rating of BOF has been very stable at 30+% and if I am not mistaken, KHJ won the Baeksang's Popular Award with a pretty close percentage. Get the hint>>>>>

I swear if this is really going to be the ending of this series, i'd seriously take that rocketship i mentioned in my previous review and tie the PD and scriptwriter on it, to send them to the moon...

HOW ABOUT THAT PD and Miss Scriptwriter? SATISFIED NOW?

hahahaha

I kept laughing when I read your post

how I wish it'd be like that since they ruined a whole story

In a week's time when BOF ends, I will miss my time on this forum, the ups and downs, the good and bad, the sarcasm and humor. It has been an enjoyable ride. Because of BOF, I have been able to enjoy some awesome analysis, different of opinions, in depth commentaries and views from all over the country.

What will I miss upon completion of BOF:

1. A LIFE.

2. JI HOO playing the violin, the piano, the harmonica, the guitar.

3. JI HOO flasbacks.

4. JI HOO with RUI the WHITE horse.

5. JI HOO in WHITE. White pants, white coats, white shoes, white backpack, white luggage. A world of whiteness.

6. JI HOO washing and driving his WHITE Mini Cooper.

7. JI HOO and his KILLER stare

8. JI HOO's riveting cries.

I must HAVE my JI HOO!

Side note:

Views expressed are based purely on evidence and sarcasm. Any attempt to find hidden meanings, may result in a headache.

Peace Out. =)

Ok, I just want to make a quick point. There are a lot of FAKE spoilers going around. Please do not fall for them and work yourselves up to frustration. The only reliable spoiler poster is username "Spoilergirl" on Daum Telzone (Korean site). My posts here and KPculture's recent spoiler posts on her blog are both direct translation of spoilers posted by this user.

The only other spoiler I would believe are the ones directly from Group8 or KBS BOF site, or actual stalker photos taken by fans during shootings.

Others are just mere fan speculations or good-natured jokes that get spread as legit spoilers when they get reposted on other sites. Or I have no idea why people do this (attention seekers) but some people are purposefully making fake spoilers to see BOF fans work themselves up. Again, don't give these people pleasure by falling for their trick!

Heck! While we're at it, why not make things uber miserable for everyone involved?

- Mama Kang loses Shinhwa becomes a pauper and becomes a homeless vagrant

- Papa Kang recovers gets another stroke and dies

- Grandpa President runs for election again and gets assasinated

- Jihoo after being rejected by Jandi loses his will to live and spends days either high on dope or sleeping

- GaEul becomes cynical about love after Yijung's rejection and jumps from one loser boyfriend to another (the likes of that guy whom she dated during the skating scene) say... until she's in her 50's ... afterwhich she contracts AIDS and die...

The only one who will get a happy ending would be Woobin and Yijung as they discover that their feelings go way beyond friendship and they get married and transfer to San Francisco or Long Beach where they enjoy countless gay parades together year after year...

OMG flower pot u make me laugh a lot with that and ur review... u really knows how to make me happy

anyway.. thanks blue angel for the spoilers

yeah i know that i swear that i will not read any spoilers but..

i cant!

im so addicted!

Guest F4fan

New spoilers for next week have been released... Spoiler posted by ml_87, taken from Baidu is a FAKE. Don't be fooled or discourage by it. Here's the spoiler for next week (my direct translation of the spoiler insider). Enjoy!

Blue_angel_1004 NOTE:

1. I suspect the memory recovery involves swimming. Since JP does not have memory of JD, he should not be able to swim. However, I think (surprise, surprise) our heroine may need to get rescued again (perhaps at JD's graduation party???) and BAM, JP instinctively swims to save her. Memory recovery complete. My guess based on the spoiler's hint. (the first kiss attempt is JD's CPR, right?)

2. Yes, JP and JD reunite first and then the time jump occurs (this is different from the "My Girl" time jump so I think people who didn't like that kind of time jump can stop worrying). Again, we don't know what they will show after the four year time jump. Wedding? Lil' JP and JDs? My guess is good as yours.

Thanks again and your analysis seems very logical. I admit that after reading this, I feel better even though I worry about fitting everything within 2 hours. I don't think it will happen at JD's graduation. It has to happen before so they can go on their date. You know people will be stalking Namsan Tower now.

I like that they will be together before the time jump and that JD will graduate from school and hopefully accepted into medical school.

-- Two great but underrated scenes from Episode 23:

- Heartbreaking moment -- when JD is calling out to her dad on the boat and tears run down her cheeks. It reminded me of her conversation with her dad about love and JP on the swing set in Episode 12. It was a little girl calling out for her dad to make the world right again after a fall or in this case, letting go the man she loves.

- Kisses are great and romantic but one of the best scenes in Episode 23 didn't even involve kisses. It was JP holding Chan and JD walking next to them. Then, when they had to go their own way, lookback of JP and JD watching him go were moving. They both looked at each as if to say "thanks for the great day and I wish it would never end." It was also a glimpse of the future for the both of them if they survived Mama Kang.

I love all the subtle moments of this show because they are what makes it great. Yes, we do get JH-JD and JP-JK overload but I think the main reason is that JD and JP were trying to let each other go and maybe clung to JH and JK as a way to do it. By Episode 19, I was ready to kill the PD and writer myself. However, it proved futile because every time they are in the same space, they just miss and long for each other more. JP finally came to the conclusion that he couldn't let JD go even to JH no matter how much he thought it might have been the right thing to do. JD never wavered on her feelings for JP and JH, for that matter. JP as the lover and JH as the friend. She just wanted to let JP go so that she can move forward with her life.

Guest kiwi18

What will I miss upon completion of BOF:

1. A LIFE.

2. JI HOO playing the violin, the piano, the harmonica, the guitar.

3. JI HOO flasbacks.

4. JI HOO with RUI the horse.

5. JI HOO in WHITE.

6. JI HOO washing and driving his WHITE Mini Cooper.

I must HAVE my JI HOO!

denise31 (sorry for cutting your post....) Don't forget Ji Ho just staring off into space for a good five minutes of any episode. Or his crazy angry eyes... Or his crying.... I too will miss all those things. :lol:

Anyway, for the sake of my sanity (tm Que, Sera, Sera) I might have to cut myself off from soompi and all these fake, real, weird, strange, happy, not happy, crazy spoiliers/notspoiliers. My poor heart can't take it. I can't handle knowing but not knowing what is going to happen to my favorite couple. So I'm torn. Do I continue to read or not? (I'll be here reading, who am I kidding????????)

But I'm with flowerpot... I'll be freaking angry, hunting down that maniac of a PD if that one spoiler is true. FIVE YEARS????????????????? I know the course of true love n'ere ran smooth (Shakespeare) however that's just down right sadistic. I'm making a trip to Korea in September. I'll probably still be angry enough to hunt that PD down and give him a piece of my mind!

Editied: F4fan THANK YOU! I totally agree with everything you wrote. I so appreciate the subtleties of their relationship!!!!!!!!!!! I really appreciated what you wrote. It expressed it so perfectly!!!!

Guest Aleejayy

There are so many people who are creating a negative atmosphere in this forum haha. I feel like the one of the only people who actually really enjoy this drama. So what if the PD and the scriptwriters are creating disaster, disaster is drama. even if it's not the best drama in the world according to the majority, its still reallyyy fun and addicting. I'll definitely need therapy after this because I can't see my days passing without fussing over Boys over Flowers.

Heck! While we're at it, why not make things uber miserable for everyone involved?

- Mama Kang loses Shinhwa becomes a pauper and becomes a homeless vagrant

- Papa Kang recovers gets another stroke and dies

- Grandpa President runs for election again and gets assasinated

- Jihoo after being rejected by Jandi loses his will to live and spends days either high on dope or sleeping

- GaEul becomes cynical about love after Yijung's rejection and jumps from one loser boyfriend to another (the likes of that guy whom she dated during the skating scene) say... until she's in her 50's ... afterwhich she contracts AIDS and die...

The only one who will get a happy ending would be Woobin and Yijung as they discover that their feelings go way beyond friendship and they get married and transfer to San Francisco or Long Beach where they enjoy countless gay parades together year after year...

LMAO, my stomach is hurting so much after reading this! Especially Woobin and Yijung discovering their LOVE for each other and moving to San Francisco or Long Beach! hahahahaha.

flower pot....I kept re-reading this paragrahp^_^ If only Jandi takes your advice, all JoonDi fans will be in heaven!

On the other hand, I was thinking that if I were in Jandi’s shoes and would want to leave Junpyo with a wonderful memory, I would have probably rented a hotel room, do the 37 positions of the Kama Sutra with him and then leave him while he’s wiped out sleeping… NOW LET’S SEE IF HE WOULD NOT TURN HELL OVER TO FIND ME after that… But *sigh* how can I forget that this series takes place in Fantasyland Korea where teenagers never get horny and overly in love couples are contented with lip pressing

Guest hotmit

I learn something in cinema and theatre classes, if there is not tension, there is no good for the story. therefore, it is understandable to see why the PD and the writer to build up so much tension now, so there, they keep the viewers with them. If the two episodes left just talked about how wonderful life of JD and JP is, then trust me...there is people who will not be interested in it, (except for us the fans of BOF)...it seems you are reasonable to want to see more happy scenes of the couple, however it doesn't work that way, and it never works that way, that's why we got addicted. I treasure every minutes of the drama, and each episode, whether i am contented with the way they put things together or not, just it is undeniable that they are working well...it is hard to satisfy the whole viewers, therefore lets the PD and writer do their job, I just remember something, the less we see JD and JP together, the more we treasure their moment together, and normally, things get solved in the last episode, and the ending is more impressive like that ( in my opinion)

Guest aurora820

I was rewatching episode 5, the beach scene in particular :rolleyes:

And so I noticed that at the beginning the actors and actresses were in good spirit. You can see it on their faces.

After so many accidents, the death of Jang Ja Yun getting no rest and no sleep at all it left definitely some deep impact on them.

Seeing GHS in episode 5 and in the last two episodes she is not playing the exhausted GJD now but an exhausted GHS getting her act together for the last episodes.

It's just a pity for all of them who are trying their best but at this point maybe just want to get it over with.

Can't they forbid it to act and release the episodes having almost no time in between of it causing all this stress?!

Maybe then the editing would be better or maybe the whole series would be better if the actual filming is done before airing its first episode!!

I hope everyone gets what I mean.

Guest ethopia

whew!!! it took me a long time to post my comments regarding the last 2 episodes... coz ive been busy wiping my tears,

for a good 10 mins now hahahaha... cant stop crying at the breakup-bus-scene... it really really breaks my heart.. and

not only that i also cried at the YJ-iloveu-sunrise-building-scene... (well i cried at all the versions of this part in the drama)

.. anyway.. yeah i finally got a hold of myself (thank God im home alone now or else my family would say im one crazy

girl who needs to go out and have a life and not sit around the computer with eyes red and running nose bcoz of

crying all the time :D ~~ well what can i say i got so addicted to BOF that i really have no life watsoever.. hahaha)

anyhoo... as usual BOF made my day... seeing lots of JP and JD moments kept a smile onto my face.. esp the zoo and

the picnic scenes.. and the ever kiss scene :wub: JP's smile always makes my heart melt!

.. damn!! for breaking his heart once again and now our evil JP is back... his face was scary at the bar.. like he was out of his wits... he looks like he wants to strangle somebody...i feel sad for both of the couple.. JD for giving up her love and not fighting for JP..its really hard to choose.. coz both sides are important to her.. one is JP and the other are her friends... so she just gave it all up... and JP not realizing that JD is doing this for the sake of the people that are important to her... GJP needs to see that, but i dont blame him... right now he's clouded with hate and hurt... its scary to cross path with a JP like that :blink:

i loved the most precious and rarest scene.. screen time of WB hehhe... at least he got a solo screnetime.. i really liked

that part talking to JD... he is indeed the peacemaker and cool guy amongst the F4...

Mama kang is soooo damn mean!!!!.. as JD said..."of all the poeple i met ur the worst person"... ohoh i think mama kang

got hurt on that part... she was like speechless... "im not running away ~~its just that its heartbreaking that i cant

fight the one i love most from you"... waaaaaa nice one JD.. but it was really heartbreaking... :tears:

questions....

1. so we all know that the man with the life support is JP's dad.. so what is his importance? (this one is a different

approach from the orig)

2. I assume the drunk guy from the fishing village is the counterpart of the old rich man of a computer business in hyd?

3. did grandpa really meant that JD is for JH??

4. who drew all those sketches of JH and parents? the grandpa?? so before he was assuming that JH will be looking like

that when he was in elementary to high school?

and there are still so many unsolved problems and only 2 more episodes?? how can it all fit??.. im going crazy!! hehhee...

awww im surely gonna miss BOF!... this drama is one roller coaster ride!.. and surely one of my fav dramas of all times :)

Guest teddybearluver94

:) im reallie hoping fer a nice happie ending but not like a cornie five yr l8er one... i mean i'll like to see jp and jd married and living happiliee married and such but i actuallie WANT to see the wedding andd the honeymoon [[hehe im dying to see that scene in the cartoon where their in bed hehe ^^;;;]]

im reallie glad dat in all thee spoilers posted so far jp and jd got their happie ending :) <33

as fer jihoo, i hope that he reallie finds another gurl that he'll love and recieve luv back [[a lot of it... he needs it <3]]

but i don't think it should be out of pity or wif jandi's help. I think it should be unexpected love, likee true love -soul mate-

AHAHA >:] it's about TIME that witch got back to her senses!!! heheh yayyy im gladd dat she's gonna come to her senses:)

hmmm i wonder howw the dad loves jandi i mean she like read him books and tlked to him when he was in a comaa state... hm i guess his mindd and brain was still working? XD

*sigh* i reallie am gonna miss dis drama when it ends... ;~;

lol im prob gonna end up watching all the joondi moments from 1-26 all over spring break... ^^'

JOONPYO && JANDI FER EVER -^^-

Guest onatoko

QUESTION:

There was a song that played a lot in Eps 19-21. It was by a female singer and a very slow melodic tune- she had a throaty voice kind of like Feist's or Regina Spektor's. I've been trying to find the song everywhere and even downloaded both OSTs- part 1 and part 2 but can't find it anywhere! Do you know what it's called and who sings it?

The song was played in the beginning of Ep. 20- the instrumental was used in the scene between Ga Eul and YiJung and then the full version was used when Jandi was wandering the streets after she got kicked out of her house. It played through the scene of her trying to find shelter with the sketchy bums and until Jihoo stopped in his motorcycle.

Guest yogurutu

QUESTION:

There was a song that played a lot in Eps 19-21. It was by a female singer and a very slow melodic tune- she had a throaty voice kind of like Feist's or Regina Spektor's. I've been trying to find the song everywhere and even downloaded both OSTs- part 1 and part 2 but can't find it anywhere! Do you know what it's called and who sings it?

The song was played in the beginning of Ep. 20- the instrumental was used in the scene between Ga Eul and YiJung and then the full version was used when Jandi was wandering the streets after she got kicked out of her house. It played through the scene of her trying to find shelter with the sketchy bums and until Jihoo stopped in his motorcycle.

The song is 어떡하죠 by Jisun (She was the main singer of Loveholic until she left the group last year). The song is in the 2nd OST.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It7vZiExqiE...re=channel_page

Guest soonjap

After straining to see the cabin kiss on my tiny laptop when ep12 first came out, i realised this: the cabin scene is shockingly bright on tv and I could really really see the restraint of the kiss. I wouldn't even call it a kiss, more like a lip-graze. well-done PD, for completely butchering a very sexually charged scene (half-naked GJP and Jandi wearing his shirt).

Uhh...let me ask a question: How much of a "sexually charged scene" is allowed to be seen on television in Singapore? Yeah, the same case goes for Korea. Korean federal broadcasting departments actively monitors dramas to ensure that productions don't go over certain standards and limits. The Korean FCC has been cracking down on all the major networks in Korea and have given warning citations to tone down the sexual innuendos or scenes or be subjected to heavy fines and/or suspensions. A recent report was released to the public by the FCC that reveals how many violent and sexually charged scenes and/or innuendos were used by each broadcasting company. While KBS came in as the company with the LEAST amount of sexually graphic scenes, it had the most implied sexual scenes. So even under the best circumstances, and seeing how this drama particular targets the youth, don't expect to see "Gossip Girl" kind of moments between the male and female characters.

QUESTION:

I believe that song is in the second OST and it's by Jisun. Not the ost 2.5, but the second. If you go to Wordpress Blogspot, there should be some links to the songs or you can check a couple of pages back on Soompi for the link. I think that in Wordpress today someone posted the complete second ost... here is the link http://madorax.wordpress.com/2009/03/25/os...e%90-volume-20/

I hope that his helps.

Guest ethopia

i know im one of those people still wondering how the heck they are gonna fit all the unsolved problems in 2 epi...if my memory

serves me right... in HYD the fishing village scene and amnesia scene also ran for 2 episodes (correct me if im wrong).. and last 2 episodes to be exact...

soooooo... if the PD follows the ending of HYD season 2.. then we all know the flow and ending of the drama (well who doesnt

know what's the ending .. right? anyone?)... sooooo... the only difference is that there is JP's dad... sooooo... i think if they can do

a good job (PD and SW) it will most likely be a good ending :) and hope it wont be a rushed one (like goong!)... :P

@soonjap... i think all asian countries are still strict when it comes to "intimate scenes" maybe becoz of cultures or maybe we are "not" that liberated ...yet :)

... even in our country people still gets shock when they see a torrid kissing scene on local TV :) ... and yes we are already in computer age and

maybe space age but still stuck in those old days~~ u know what i mean.. ^_^

Guest funkindagirl

I think a lot of the censorship is down to BOF fans too.

I mean look at this:

10,000 netizens voted on a poll with the title "Is there too much kissing in Boys Over Flowers?" and 57% said "So what?" while 43% said "There's too much."

credit allkpop

And Im assuming netizens that do online voting are actually YOUNG people too. Yet a high proportion think there's too much kissing in BOF? UNBELIEVABLE.

I think there's too much of a double standard with the official censorship. These kind of scenes ADD to the story of the drama.

You probably get much worse on the music programmes with little girls dancing around on stage in miniskirts.