[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest janine1986

"My biggest regret is that I couldn't save the person whom I love the most in this world from you.."

I think "the person" here is JP, isn't it? JD can save evryone be leaving JP, but unfortunately she can't save the one she loves the most-JP?

Can anyone explaine it for me?

"My biggest regret is that I couldn't save the person whom I love the most in this world from you.."

I think "the person" here is JP, isn't it? JD can save evryone be leaving JP, but unfortunately she can't save the one she loves the most-JP?

she cannot ask JP to leave his mother, can she?

Guest jeniko

Yes, She is referring to JP.

Guest ml_87

i love this sentence the most. i aslo love Jp's one : "u're my girl. so i have to protect u" :D

do u guy notice that after the zoo date, on their way, JP said that " it's like a vague dream i had before" and JD looked surprised so he had to correct " i'm just saying" :rolleyes: oh, to me, it's like a proposal. B)

and i think it may not have a wedding (if it is, maybe just a small one between JoonDi- f4?) cauz JunHee nuna finished the role. and she cant absent in her bro'wedding, right?

jis lover: ths a lot! i love these pix very very much! so cutie!!

azzurri: i think that the manga and MG are a bit old-fashioned and unrealistic. that kind of things are not suitable to our present day. sorry, but i find tsukasa (in the manga) and DMS is a bit uneducated. i know that his characteristics are rebellious and short-tempered. but i believe that the heir of such a large corporation who have gone through many schools cant behave that way. so irresponsible, immature and uneducated (sorry manga and MG's fans). i'm sure no girl can love that kind of guy even if she is tshikushi :) and if u said that tsukasa wanted to espcapse from the wedding but shigeru stop him. yeah, i wonder why JP has to do like tsukasa if he knows that it cant solve the problem at all. the kind of main lead who is a escapse groom is so backward and childish!! and again, i want to remind that Jp is in a much harder situation than tsukasa in the manga. and if he can escapse from this wedding, whether he can do the 2nd time? if the partner like JK doesnt want to leave u, i'm sure u cant!

about JD, i myself dun think that a girl who doesnt say back to a woman is weak at all. u can show yr strong personality by many ways, not just shouting at the elder. in addition, it's korean culture that young people are not allowed to shout at the old.

Guest czarina026

i can't find the song or information about the group anywhere! they're not even on youtube! and googling only leads to sports or events called the grand slam. this is driving me nuts! how did you find out about it?

hey guys, you can find and download "Grand slam-The end" which is joonpyo's ringtone at 4shared.com! Just type those keywords. God, I soooooooo loooovveeeee 4shared! Very beneficial! I've always wanted to have this as a ringtone in my phone! :lol:

I know some people will be mad with me, but I just had to post this. I actually posted this on javabeans but I wanted to share this with you guys. Sorry to those who think I take it too seriously. Honestly I do - I have a particular soft spot for anything HYD because Meteor Garden launched my asian drama obsession. Here's the post:

Before I get on with my comment, I need to get this off my chest:

Secretary Jung is privy to all of Darth Mama’s evil plans, AND he is a staunch JunDi supporter. But why oh why did he allow things to deteriorate this badly without warning JP?? I can’t understand it at all. Couldn’t he just whisper ‘ The old hag’s going after Young Master Yoon and Miss GaEul to get to Geum Jan Di.’ in JP's ears? Or something to that effect. Then perhaps JP would stop moping around and acting pathetic and actually DO something. Or does Secretary Jung have so little faith in JP?

From the beginning of watching this drama, something kept on bothering me. Previously I thought it was because there were too many liberties taken with the original storyline, hence the story did not unfold according to the manga and this made for glaring inconsistencies. I was pretty certain that was what it was, believing that MG was the best adaptation as it was the closest to the manga. So I went back to watch bits and pieces of MG and HYD, and reread the manga here and there. I then realised that the whole starving-himself-to-avoid-marrying-fiancee in MG was not even in the manga - but it WORKED. And then I remembered also reading scores of fanfics that veered away entirely from the manga - and those worked too.

So now I’ve come to the conclusion that what’s bothering me about this drama is that the scriptwriter didn’t do her homework well. She has failed to understand the basic characters of Tsukasa and Tsukushi, which is so crucial to the development of the story. Tsukasa in the manga, MG and HYD is never inconsistent. He knows that all he wants is Tsukushi and he’s adamant about it. He’s never unsure or wishy-washy as he is here in BOF (well except for the first few eps of HYD 2, but that was with good reason). But anyway what I’m trying to say is, it’s the strength of Tsukasa’s character, and his stubbornness that has always endeared him to us fans. You can see this is self-evident even in the way he is drawn in the manga. He is always a strong character. But in BOF GJP is inconsistent and frequently pathetic. I just hated it that he seemed resigned to getting married just from his mother’s threat. I mean, aren’t the F4 supposed to be great fighters? Couldn’t he have rallied F3 to save JD, and he himself devise something ingenious to get out of the wedding? In HYD, Tsukasa was going to do just that, and he believed he would be able to find some other way to save Doumyouji Zaibatsu, only Shigeru beat him to it.

Someone also mentioned how it was never made clear when Jandi actually fell in love with JP. This is also the fault of poor story telling, I believe. Too much wasted scenes that told us nothing. Like the date between JD and JH - in the manga and the prev versions, all she did during the date was think and compare JH to JP. I think that was the beginning of her realisation. In the manga it did take a long time for her to confess her feelings, but we could see from her actions where her heart lay. I just don’t get the same vibe here. And where’s the weed power? It was only good for standing up to school bullying and GJP, but she virtually wilts under the cold stare of Mama Kang. SanChai always stood her ground with DMS’s mum - even if sometimes it’s her temper more than anything that gets the better of her (ie piano playing scene, and losing temper at her apartment in front of F3).

So because of inadequate research and understanding, the second part of BBF has almost been reduced to typical kdrama fare - spending an unnecessary long time on the fiance arc and focusing too much on the four way relationship rather than what’s important ie. JD and JP dynamics. I am seriously worried now knowing there is still the amnesia, Umi, JP’s dad, resolving all issues including Mama Kang among other story lines to be covered in just 2 episodes. I have a vague feeling that happiness between JP and JD will just be a mere kiss at the very end - and we all want at least another hour of JunDi sweetness!

But having said all that, I believe that this drama has won fans because of how good the essential storyline by Yoko Kamio is (the first part of BOF was commendable too despite some odd bits), and the brilliant acting by LMH, GHS and Mama Kang in particular. And also, to echo another poster, the adorable cheekbones of KHJ - haha. I won’t even mention the SoEul couple because unlike previous versions, this arc has failed to attract me at all.

Guest gracew

Hi,

I've been hunting for the song, to me 'Jandi's song'...the one played Ep 1 @ around the 57th minute. Any one can tell me the title or the link ?

I've downloaded the OST from page 1, OST part 2 and the F4 special edition but I don't seem to find it still. Did I miss it or something ?

Guest ziemah

EUGH ive read the previews from kpculture.And i was like what? why would Jp let himself get hurt instead of jihoo? And i really think that it'll be better if it was jihoo whos going to get the amnesia.since you knw how much he suffers now.he can start with a new fresh life.with a new girl to be love! :rolleyes: Making fresh yet happy memories and leaving the sad past behind~ haha im stil rooting for JP and JD anyway :P Just to make things fair for the jihoo shippers! ;)

GO JP and JD! :D :D

tadaaaaaa~ a happy ending! B)

Goojandi- woahhh what a cute wallpapers! thanks for posting anyway! :D

http://i39.tinypic.com/281whao.jpg

i like the first one! so cute and nice~ im soo gonna make it as my deskop background! heheheehe ^_^

Guest doremii*

I know some people will be mad with me, but I just had to post this. I actually posted this on javabeans but I wanted to share this with you guys. Sorry to those who think I take it too seriously. Honestly I do - I have a particular soft spot for anything HYD because Meteor Garden launched my asian drama obsession. Here's the post:

I agree with everything you wrote. =) Especially the part about the inconsistencies with JP's character. I completely hated Tsukasa in the beginning of the manga (and I felt the same way while watching all the drama adaptations EXCEPT for this one) but his stubborness and unwavering devotion towards Makino won me over in the end. However, it's been the opposite with JP. I actually started off liking him in the first episode but since ep 14, he's just become more and more pathetic, almost to the point that I actually didn't mind a JH-JD ending lol

Guest webby

does anyone know what's the song that plays when yijung started seeing the sunrise at the rooftop when he broke down and cried in ep23? it's from a female singer. Is it on any of the OSTs?

Guest juneforest2000

Before I get on with my comment, I need to get this off my chest:

Secretary Jung is privy to all of Darth Mama’s evil plans, AND he is a staunch JunDi supporter. But why oh why did he allow things to deteriorate this badly without warning JP?? I can’t understand it at all. Couldn’t he just whisper ‘ The old hag’s going after Young Master Yoon and Miss GaEul to get to Geum Jan Di.’ in JP's ears? Or something to that effect. Then perhaps JP would stop moping around and acting pathetic and actually DO something. Or does Secretary Jung have so little faith in JP?

From the beginning of watching this drama, something kept on bothering me. Previously I thought it was because there were too many liberties taken with the original storyline, hence the story did not unfold according to the manga and this made for glaring inconsistencies. I was pretty certain that was what it was, believing that MG was the best adaptation as it was the closest to the manga. So I went back to watch bits and pieces of MG and HYD, and reread the manga here and there. I then realised that the whole starving-himself-to-avoid-marrying-fiancee in MG was not even in the manga - but it WORKED. And then I remembered also reading scores of fanfics that veered away entirely from the manga - and those worked too.

Hmmm...I agreed with you somehow. The characters are badly protrayed in this drama ESPECIALLY FOR JP. However, I still wan JD and JP to end up together cos this drama is name BOYS OVER FLOWERS. :rolleyes:

I know some people will be mad with me, but I just had to post this. I actually posted this on javabeans but I wanted to share this with you guys.

I am so glad that the writer did not follow exactly the manga..

When I am reading manga, I really hate some scenes such as Tsukasa slapped Makino several times, and she..slapped his mom..???

How could we call that " weed spirit"?

If our beloved Jandi also behaved as Makino, she would be not only commoner but also uneducated girl. You dont have to over-act to show your strong character. When Jandi accused that JP'S mom is the worst person she's ever met, I was so proud of her. I prefer her way more than Makino in the manga.

Moreover, the writer make Tsukushi and Tsukasa more real for us. Tsukasa is not always strong as he supposed to be. He also has his own weakness and it's so interesting to see how is he growing after each episode.

From the boy to the man, from the person did not fear anything to the human who is afraid to lose, to hurt other people etc..I really love him that way