[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

5. as for JD being able to draw... believe it or not but a lot of Korean students must be at least good at art if not the best. my whole mother's side of the family all can sketch and paint and i thought that's where i got my ability but no. turns out in korea, art is a mandatory class and must make some effort to passing. so yeah, stick figures aren't going to cut it. that also same goes to music which is why you probably see a lot of Korean people have the ability to play piano or violin so well.

believe me. my mom drilled all that in my head growing up. she was like... you better be able to draw and play the music correctly or you're not korean. (my mom was a bit of a control nazi)

I have to cut your post too... :sweatingbullets:

yes...i realised that most of the actors/actresses in kdrama are able to play an instrument..mostly piano... and they can sing too.... (that's why i always like to watch K-drama as compared to tw/hk/japanese dramas)... they can play and sing...and i meant they really have a nice voice....

During my generation or country, you have to be rich(or able to afford) to learn an instrument... but i guess it's never too late to learn anything now....there are more and more adults going for music lessons.... :sweatingbullets: (for the past 3-4years i have been thinking of learning something, but thought that it was weird to be learning at this age now...hahaha)

Do we get to hear JP sing a song for JD????i'm dreaming.....am i? he has not done anything like dat before...i hope to see this.....

from the preview for epi 19, the evil witch is back again??????? gosh... :crazy: can all of us just kidnapped her and abandoned her somewhere far far far far far far away.... :lol:

Guest doremii*

well I don't think JD was ever going to get into medical school =X it's pretty obvious that she's not smart, so I guess the introduction of her artistic skills is to show another career choice she could pursue? I think the whole JD wanting to be a doctor plot was just to introduce JH's grandfather into the story (who btw is supposed to be an ex president, but everyone seems to have forgotten that.)

Guest XiahxTiffany

ok i love the new OST

but the way i heard it was by watching the episodes

when is it going to be released?

Guest mysticalz

WARNING: MAJOR JAEKYUNG RANTING AHEAD SO READ AT YOUR OWN RISK...

(This review is meant to be humorous so take it with a grain of salt...)

kudos for you...i just adore ur spunky and funny comment recap....reading it makes me laugh like a hyena...totally :D

Guest she-smiles

episode 18: :)

i have much hope for joonpyo & jandi. of course, they should be getting a happy ending,

but i was so glad to see them sorta back to their 'normal selves'.

they seem to forget about all the drama between them, and they can act silly again.

their scenes together are always so bittersweet.

my poor yijung, why do you have such bad luck?

it's ironic how he and jandi both experienced similar tragedies,

but i'm hoping there will be a miracle for them. *sigh*

i'm a little upset with joonpyo for leaving yijung during that scene.

junpyo seemed to be more focused and concerned towards jandi after yijung told him what happened,

which is nothing wrong, but i'm sure he needed support from him too.

*i'm still hoping for a happy ending for the soeul couple.

when jandi & jihoo visited the temple, and they ran into that [monk]?

i was surprised by his words to jihoo: jandi will bring you a family.

i instantly thought: noooo, you two are not fated!

but then i thought about his grandpa, and i know jandi can reunite them.

jihoo practically grew up with no family, so his words are a foreshadow.

i just think jihoo is misinterpreting the words right now.

and woobin, i was happy to see him on screen, but his part was a bit random/new, i'd say?

he did a great job though.

i just think maybe the writers added that in b/c of all the lately complaints from netizens.

but anyway.... i wonder when or if joonpyo's nanny will come in? she plays an important role.

& yayyy, i was so excited to hear jisun's song in the OST! she is the queen of k-ost! :)

Guest F4fan

I finally get what people are complaining about that Woobin bridge scene. The editors definitely have a thing or two to learn regarding inserting flashback scenes to an episode. Remember with Episode 17? I was confused for a while why Yijung's fringe made a comeback during that confrontation with his brother... then we suddenly realized midway into their conversation that this happened when his brother decided to quit.

So yeah, it was explained a few posts earlier that Woobin's angst BEFORE (really now, wasn't he supposed to be happy one? :( ) stemmed from the fact that his friends came from good families while his has ties to the underground/mafia or whatever you call it.

No I understood why he was on the bridge and why he said he felt embarrassed. It just didn't connect to anything. Nothing from past episodes and really nothing from the current episode. To be honest, I posted this earlier, I thought it should have been left out in light of what happened over the weekend. People seem it as an homage to JJY but I see it as more of poor taste. If they are going to do a suicide scene, I wanted it to be a little more flushed out -- its never that bad and getting some type of help.

Guest m3LL0

does anyone happen to know the song that was played around 35 minutes - where Jun Pyo is reminiscing by the pool side about the real reason of Jan Di quitting swimming?

(sorry if it's already be posted!)

Guest Aleejayy

F4 are just killing the screen with their good looks (gosh do I sound shallow) haha

Does anyone else think that Woobin looks extremely fine whenever he fights? I swear whenever that man throws a punch or does some kind of cheesy martial arts spin kick I feel like I just got a hug from the god of wonderfulness because he makes it so sexy. :rolleyes: It's very delicious.

I also think YiJeong is super fine whenever he yells at someone LOL. I unno he looks all masculine and stuff like it's unexplainable. Everytime his like eyes come out with fury and there's like a vein coming out of his forehead I squirm or like replay the moment. Like in ep 14 (I think) when he yells at GJP I was like DAYUMN u is fine boyyeeeee! I wouldn't mind him yelling at me. I think I'd be the idiot chick who like just bothers him just to make him mad. I'd sit there smiling my butt off....I only wish

Jihoo...I have nothing to say about him. He's just pretty. Prettier than my sister, prettier than heidi Klum...PRETTIER THAN ME. ahhhh. That boy puts me to shame....he's so pretty/beautiful/gorgeous. ;)

And Goo Jun Pyo....uh I just know that whenever he sleeps. I have an urge to jump into the screen and sleep next to him and like smell his chin. I know that sounds so creepy/weird but his Jawline is the sexiest bone structure EVER. That angular jawline that forms in his face whenever he's relaxed or when he does that predator neck turn thingy he does....DROOLS. he's so YUMMERLICIOUS.

OK I'm done with my little beauty rant haha

After watching episode 18, I realized a lot from JP's character which is his loyalty. He is very loyal to the woman he loves. No matter how many times JK is like on his tail trying to seduce/annoy/caress/amuse/etc him he just doesn't care. And the fact that he just doesn't care for girls in general shows a lot about how passionate he gets when he finds "the one". I really enjoy watching him love Jandi so much. He really comes off as the guy who would never cheat, not even if someone paid him (no duh cuz he's filthy rich) or if his life depended on it. He just doesn't even glance at other girls. I adore that quality.

Guest shamien7

8. Given all her advantages (her choebul background) you expect her to have even just one redeeming quality. For instance, the F4 are all smart, JH has his musical talent, and YJ his pottery. With Monkey Girl, we see nothing: no brains, no manners, no close friendships. She seems to be a fairly easy-going person (i.e. she tries to make friends with JD, but then it's only really after she realizes that JD is friends with JP. Seriously, in Macau, did she even bother to ask JD what her name is? I think she only stepped in to help JD because she felt like playing at being a hero that day. And ultimately, what was the risk to her when she had all her bodyguards there to protect her?). But, again, nothing to really like about her so far.

I hope that once she lets go of JP and joins the JP-JD supporters, we will begin to see more of her better qualities. For instance, her antics may be interesting to see when she tries to outwit JP's mom. Also, that type of story arc will allow for her character to develop more; we would be able to see her loyalty to JD as a friend.

Yerp, those traits of JK that u mentioned are so true...i think the only way she can redeem herself and prove her worth as JD friend now is to stand for JD against Mama Kang...

I wonder why the PD didnt get rid of JK admist of our 'unsatisfaction'...but he did grant our wish to see more woobin...despite the randomness...huhu

Is it that hard even for him to get rid of her?

Guest ml_87

Oh , the rating makes me very happy but when reading the preview, i got angried with the PD. what's the matter with him?

now, i think that not only JK, but JH should be out of JP-JD relationship. the more he besides her, the more he hurts. and JP is waiting for JD while she nurses JD. how the PD can solve Jh's love now? how JD can reject him now? >"<

pls, someone tells her the truth soon. the 2 truths: why JP ignored her and what happened that night between JP and JK (may be she has known this already)

Guest danick

It's great to see that continue to get high ratings. i love the series and the cast. I am so addicted to this series.

To those who wish for a Ji Hoo and Jandi ending, you need to ask the PD to make a new drama for them because it's not going to happen here. The story of Boys Over Flowers, may it the japanese version or the TW version is mainly about two extremely different people falling in love. It's all about Joon Pyo and Jandi. All the other characters around them are just there to make the couple's journey more interesting.

The reason why the story was successful and has quite an effect to everyone is that because Joon Pyo and Jandi were able to make it through the end despite and inspite of every obstacle that went their way. Ji Hoo is such a great guy and yes logically if you are to choose who may be the better partner or husband in the end, Ji Hoo will definitely be the one BUT the most important thing in any relationship is LOVE. Who will make Jandi happier?

No matter how much pain she endured at the hands of Joon Pyo, it does not matter to her because she will exchange any full day or full week of having Ji Hoo with her for just an hour of happiness in Joon Pyo's arms. Look at Episode 18, the scene where she stayed while he sleeps. That alone says it all. It is not surprising at all. When we love, we dont care about the why's and the how's, we just love.

I am also glad that there were more Woo Bin scenes. He was a revelation here. He can really act.

I can't wait for tonight's episode. Thanks for all the video caps and video links.

Guest funkindagirl

5. as for JD being able to draw... believe it or not but a lot of Korean students must be at least good at art if not the best. my whole mother's side of the family all can sketch and paint and i thought that's where i got my ability but no. turns out in korea, art is a mandatory class and must make some effort to passing. so yeah, stick figures aren't going to cut it. that also same goes to music which is why you probably see a lot of Korean people have the ability to play piano or violin so well.

believe me. my mom drilled all that in my head growing up. she was like... you better be able to draw and play the music correctly or you're not korean. (my mom was a bit of a control nazi)

Oh thats interesting. I get the whole asian/korean thing where playing an instrument and being musically talented is a big thing. I mean who wasnt forced into lessons when they were a kid..I sure was, haha.

But didnt know art classes were actually mandatory, its not giving you knowledge really and you might never want to go down that career path, its tough.

But I suppose it isnt that unusual if JD becomes an artist based on what u said.

Do we get to hear JP sing a song for JD????i'm dreaming.....am i? he has not done anything like dat before...i hope to see this.....

Oh i hope so, I want to hear JP's singing voice. ^_^

Haha I wouldnt mind him playing his stilted 'Moon River' and singing to it. :lol:

well I don't think JD was ever going to get into medical school =X it's pretty obvious that she's not smart.

LOL its such a shame really that she was portrayed as not very smart in this version when actually she's supposed to be extremely clever.

Hope you did not watch it dramalovers26 cuz I was disappointed with ep. 18, the reason I made the mv in the first place. I was even teary eyed, heller, watching the sweet moments of JP and JD and even chose the sappiest song to commemorate their reconciliation. Now I’m embarrassed boo hoo hoo…..

Ivana Trump is not somebody which is know nothing. As I remember, she earned a master's degree in physical education from Charles University of Prague. And she has her own way to do business. Look at her and you can see how tough she could be.

But Jandi, the best thing in her is her warm heart and I dont think she know how to behave in the rich society. . She just can not get used even if she would spend 20 years living in this world. Jandi is not tough, she is strong only.Therefore, I said she has no manner to be the " Shinwa's mistress". Dont get me wrong, I dont mean Jandi has no her own manner.

I think the most dissapointed point here is JK did not show us much about her own life. What is her dream, what she want to be? In Ep 18, I only can see how desperately she tried to get JP's heart.

I think JP started to realize that JK really loves him and feel sympathy for her. The way he looked at her at breakfast is so..touched. It looks like he will say " Jae Kyung, do you really love me that much?"

Gosh. PD makes me to believe that the wedding in ep 20 should be JK and JP.

Guest mysticalz

Is it just me or did Woobin's story seem a little out of place? He was fine for the previous 17 episodes and then BAM! he turns all emo. I don't even understand what he was complaining about. Can someone please explain??

beats me......i think its just a random scene to accomodate the netizens comments about woobin having less tym just like an extra.....i want to richard simmons slap those wenches for putting comments like that coz their just ruining the story just to accomodate thier rantings and what nots... :tongue2:

Guest F4fan

Jandi will never be your stereotypical rich man's wife. That's what's great about her -- she is not going to be a Stepford wife. She is her own woman. She is not a conformist but she will change how the wealthy view things. She is poor but she has many talents including passable piano ability, decent drawing ability, and taming the four most arrogant, richest, and meanest guys in school.

Mama Kang wants a stereotypical rich man's wife for JP who is cultured, classed, mannered, and will bring in more wealth and business connections. That's not JD. JP has been surrounded by girls like that all his life and yet none of them interests him until an upstart nobody who refuses to bow down to the great F4. He could have any of those women and JK but he wants JD because she cares for him - not his wealth, not his name, not his connections, but him.

I don't think JD is a genius by any stretch of the imagination but she's resourceful and with hard work and determination, she can achieve her dreams even if its becoming a doctor. She wants to be a family doctor like the Grandfather not a surgeon. Be it a doctor, musician, artist, lawyer or whatever... I feel that JD will land on her feet. She is like the lotus -- mud and crap can be piled on her and nobody expects her to succeed -- but she pushes her way to the top and bloom in success for all who doubted her to see.

Guest XiahxTiffany

isnt JD supposed to be like bright in the manga?

but really Wonbin just went bleh in ep. 18 0_0

really netizens just plz leave the F4 alone !!!

im starting to get a bit irritated with JK

i mean i still laugh when she jokes

but yea i just realized ^

she didnt reveal anything about herself who is she really

Guest ladyelhisa

:P:D Thanks PD for giving us such a great episode! Junpyo is so adorable in this episode. :lol: Very loyal to Geum Jandi.(Lucky girl)

---Love the part when Junpyo was sleeping, he was hugging the stuff toy Jandi gave him as a present. :P Maybe we will see in the future episodes the cookies Jandi gave him in a frame. :D

Hahaha... loving the comments for Ja kyung.

:rolleyes: And by the way, did she knew that Jun Pyo was Jandi's neighbor? Because, when she said the line " Isn't it romantic?" to Jandi is she pertaining to Junpyo and her living side by side in the rooftop?

Junpyo's reaction in the preview about Jandi being his private maid! ahahahaha........

Can't wait for the next episode. :lol:

Guest BayByOjaH

20090307_jangjayun_3.jpg

20090307_jangjayun_4.jpg

Jang Ja Yun from the cast of Boys Over Flowers committed suicide today at her home in Bundang. She was 27. She played the role of Sunny in the popular kdrama that was part of the JinSunMi trio. The police stated: “Jang Ja Yun was found to have committed suicide in her own home today. She was discovered at around 7:34pm by her sister who then called the police. We are now investigating the case and will give further updates like the reason, her will (if any), etc at a later time.” She had hung herself and she died approximately at 4:30 pm. “She had a passion for acting and loved it very much. She was very much a extrovert and we never really expected that she would commit suicide,” claimed her shocked friends. The whole cast of Boys Over Flowers were shocked after hearing the news. The cast and those who work with Boys Over Flowers will pay their respects tomorrow morning.

Jang Ja Yun debuted through a Lotte Biscuit CF and graduated from Chosun University. She only just started her acting career. She had won some popularity for her small role in the drama. Her management agency apparently had a dispute with her, and the small air time in Boys Over Flowers caused her to feel depressed. This led to her unfortunate suicide. She was at the recent 45th Baeksang Awards with the rest of the JinSunMi trio, and was also going to debut in 2 upcoming films. It’s very unfortunate her bright future ended with her sudden suicide. It seems this is another sad event to add to the list of unfortunate happenings to the cast of Boys Over Flowers.

CREDIT: allkpop

That's so sad...~

Ivana Trump is not somebody which is know nothing. As I remember, she earned a master's degree in physical education from Charles University of Prague. And she has her own way to do business. Look at her and you can see how tough she could be.

But Jandi, the best thing in her is her warm heart and I dont think she know how to behave in the rich society. . She just can not get used even if she would spend 20 years living in this world. Jandi is not tough, she is strong only.Therefore, I said she has no manner to be the " Shinwa's mistress". Dont get me wrong, I dont mean Jandi has no her own manner.

I think the most dissapointed point here is JK did not show us much about her own life. What is her dream, what she want to be? In Ep 18, I only can see how desperately she tried to get JP's heart.

I think JP started to realize that JK really loves him and feel sympathy for her. The way he looked at her at breakfast is so..touched. It looks like he will say " Jae Kyung, do you really love me that much?"

Gosh. PD makes me to believe that the wedding in ep 20 should be JK and JP.

Yes, Ivana if I am not mistaken was a member of the Olympic team. I don't remember all the details but I read her autobiography long time ago. What is amazing about her is her business acumen even without a business background or training; she is very sharp. To me, Jandi is physically fragile and lately (and I blame Mr. pd man for this) she has been wearing her heart on her sleeve. What I mean by her being tough is her ability to withstand pressures when it comes to surviving for her family, taking any jobs available and at the same studying. Rich society? meaning like JK? JD was more classy during JP's birthday party than JK who was physically carried by men, screaming like a banshee. Even the way JD dealt with JP's mom when she returned the money was very admirable. Money and being in the list of the rich and famous does not necessarily equate class.