[Drama 2009 Movie 2010] IRIS 아이리스

rubie

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched Iris today and kind of confused about something. Does anyone think it was a coincidence that both brothers meet the heroin in a very short time interval? LBY meet the heroin first at the university where the heroine is not even a regular student and was asked to be put in the class by somebody. Then she went and meet his brother at the restaurant. Does anyone think it was all just a plan from some higher off people? Perhaps she is working for somebody and is being told to meet both brothers. I mean, we don't know right?

Guest kimchibabe

The plot thickens at episode 2. All of a sudden he feels that he's been in that room and the mysterious childhood memory is unveiled. JH the son of nuclear physicists? An orphan? I need to know more about this!

How I love the romantic scenes, so well put together. Funny and sweet. And that forceful kissing scene, wow...I felt that KTH was gasping for air. But its the chase part that got quite longish. First two episodes and so much running already. I have to admire the stamina of JJH and LBH most specially. And they were not joking about the running scenes they talked about during the presscons. It must have really been that punishing.

Guest JoongBoXiahJang

Just watched Iris today and kind of confused about something. Does anyone think it was a coincidence that both brothers meet the heroin in a very short time interval? LBY meet the heroin first at the university where the heroine is not even a regular student and was asked to be put in the class by somebody. Then she went and meet his brother at the restaurant. Does anyone think it was all just a plan from some higher off people? Perhaps she is working for somebody and is being told to meet both brothers. I mean, we don't know right?

haha I don't know if you watched epi 2 yet, but if you watch epi 2 it tells you, yup She is a profiler and she is actually getting close to them to profile them. And the guy that introduced the second male lead to Tae hee is actually part of the NNS group.. haha you should keep watching it, haha so intense!

Love this drama!

i have ONE question.

do they plan to kill off kim tae hee? and if she dies then does kim so yeon take over the main heroine lead?

or is kim tae hee alive, but lee byung hyun doesn't know it.

I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!!! :unsure::(

At this point we don't know what will happen despite the upcoming scenes made public. From the IRIS casting profiles, KTH is the female lead and KSY the second / supporting actress but with no less impact on the storyline. I don't think what we saw in the previews or trailers are the real spoilers that the production wanted to convey. It's already keeping us guessing but IRIS isn't a spy-thriller action series for nothing. The way things are going, the explosion may probably happen way before episode 10 and there is still a long way to go for all of the actors.

Let's just wait and enjoy IRIS as the story unfolds.

^ Hi Simply suZ, it's been awhile. Good to see you back! ^^ Everyone please keep on sharing IRIS thoughts and goodies while waiting for the next episode -- 3 more days!

I'm glad to see familiar faces! :) Thanks for posting all the goodies, rubie.

edit

Javabeans' recap of IRIS episode 1 is up!

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/10/iris-episode-1/

Check it out and share your thoughts there and here, too. :

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/4976/iris15.jpg

I was reading the recap. And, came across this:

I think the problem with Kim Tae-hee isn’t that she is a horrible actress, but that she lacks a certain charisma, oddly enough. (I say it’s odd because usually CF queens abound with charisma, since they’re trading on their appealing images more than skills.) But she does, especially compared to her co-stars. Lee Byung-heon is badass, Jung Jun-ho is warm, Kim Seung-woo is coldly professional, Kim So-yeon is sexy and strong, and TOP is… well, he’s TOP. Next to them, Kim Tae-hee sorta fades.

As much as I love her, I completely agree with the poster. She's very lovable in the CF's that she's been in. She reminds me of Natalie Portman in that she has both beauty and brains, which is something that I admire/envy in people. But, when it comes to acting in dramas or movies she lacks a certain something. Maybe as the poster stated it is charisma that she lacks. But, I'm going to give it time because it's only been two episodes.

Just watched Iris today and kind of confused about something. Does anyone think it was a coincidence that both brothers meet the heroin in a very short time interval? LBH meet the heroin first at the university where the heroine is not even a regular student and was asked to be put in the class by somebody. Then she went and meet his brother at the restaurant. Does anyone think it was all just a plan from some higher off people? Perhaps she is working for somebody and is being told to meet both brothers. I mean, we don't know right?

No, it was not a coincidence. It was part of the plan for NSS which the heroin works for to recruit the guys.

@rubie:

I also watched the first two episodes of IRIS and I'm absolutely stunned. The second episode in particular blew me away. I was at the edge of my seat - the editing is so furious and fast paced it's just breathtaking. Another technical aspect that is fantastic in this series is the music score. So epic, I wonder who composed the score? Do you know it?

And yes, Lee Byung-hun is one of my most favorite actors, furthermore it's astounding to see the heavy amount of top stars.

I got goosebumps in the first episode where we saw Lee Byung-hun, Jung Jun-ho, Kim Tae-hee, Kim Young-cheol and Yoon Je-moon in one scene. OH MY GOD! And when the bombastic music score starts to kick in, I really felt like dancing.

Watching the second episode, I remembered Won Shin-yeon's thriller "Seven Days", which is pretty similar with its music score, fast editing and cinematography. Here you really see the budget... I loved the shot out in space with the satellite rushing by.

I'm not quite sure, but will there be a movie version, really? I heard that version would be directed by Yang Yoon-ho. You know what that means? Holy mother, he directed such action infernos like "Libera Me" and "Rainbow Eyes"... so try to image what happens if the tension of the second episode pairs up with him and the big cast into a 2 hour movie. I guess then you could say "Go home 'The Bourne Ultimatum'!" (which is, in my opinion, the movie with the fastest pacing I ever saw).

I hope IRIS gets and English-subtitled DVD set later!

I'm happy JB did re-caps for IRIS. And even happier that she liked it.

That means we get to have meatier and more insightful discussions on the drama! :P

I only saw Ep 1, and I'm already hooked.

Everybody said what I wanted to say about the drama, so I have nothing much to offer. hehehe..

Lastly, Lee Byung Hun rawkz big time!!!

Would totally give ANYTHING to be in KTH's shoes. Urgh.

drama wiki

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/IRIS
subttiles
http://withs2.com/join-us
http://rapidshare.com/files/293425309/Iris.E01.091014.HDTV.XviD-Ental.avi.001

http://rapidshare.com/files/293456732/Iris.E01.091014.HDTV.XviD-Ental.avi.002

http://rapidshare.com/files/293490958/Iris.E01.091014.HDTV.XviD-Ental.avi.003

http://rapidshare.com/files/293394848/Iris.E01.091014.HDTV.XviD-Ental.avi.004
http://rapidshare.com/files/294212758/Iris.E02.091015.HDTV.XviD-Ental.avi.004.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/294146962/Iris.E02.091015.HDTV.XviD-Ental.avi.003.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/294145218/Iris.E02.091015.HDTV.XviD-Ental.avi.002.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/294109744/Iris.E02.091015.HDTV.XviD-Ental.avi.001.html

KSY is a supporting actress i believe... but from the original IRIS trailer that aired a couple of months back... her character will develop feelings for HJ i think...

i can be wrong on this but when i saw the MV for IRIS that was just recently released for us to see... i had a feeling HJ saw a car explosion in the middle of the parking lot... i believe this where the tragedy lies... HJ will think that SH was in the car when the car explode and thus making him think that she has died... but she didn't

he may be in pursuit of revenge or some sort of retribution against those who betrayed "them (SH and HJ) the agents of NSS"

this kinda reminds me of the movie "Tae Guk Gi" in 2004 where JDG's character thought that his brother, played by Won Bin has died and he turned all psycho and turned bad...

of course i'm just purely speculating :P:P i just gather these thoughts after watching the MV eheheh

so... :unsure: i apologize for wasting your time to those who've read this far into my post

NO!! thank you so much. i was speculating too about the car explosion. it seemed to me like they were both being chased and he thought that she was in the car when it exploded. if you go to this site there's this trailer with english subs and it shows scenes i've never seen before in others. http://www.iris2009.co.kr/ so it seems to me that kim tae hee is searching for him and that he really thinks she's dead, all the while traveling with kim so yeon. LBH BETTER get with kim tae hee. seriously i'm watching it because of him and their amazing chemistry.

Guest GenDaVinci

DVD?

This drama needs to be on high definition Blu-Ray! :D

@rubie:

I also watched the first two episodes of IRIS and I'm absolutely stunned. The second episode in particular blew me away. I was at the edge of my seat - the editing is so furious and fast paced it's just breathtaking. Another technical aspect that is fantastic in this series is the music score. So epic, I wonder who composed the score? Do you know it?

And yes, Lee Byung-hun is one of my most favorite actors, furthermore it's astounding to see the heavy amount of top stars.

I got goosebumps in the first episode where we saw Lee Byung-hun, Jung Jun-ho, Kim Tae-hee, Kim Young-cheol and Yoon Je-moon in one scene. OH MY GOD! And when the bombastic music score starts to kick in, I really felt like dancing.

Watching the second episode, I remembered Won Shin-yeon's thriller "Seven Days", which is pretty similar with its music score, fast editing and cinematography. Here you really see the budget... I loved the shot out in space with the satellite rushing by.

I'm not quite sure, but will there be a movie version, really? I heard that version would be directed by Yang Yoon-ho. You know what that means? Holy mother, he directed such action infernos like "Libera Me" and "Rainbow Eyes"... so try to image what happens if the tension of the second episode pairs up with him and the big cast into a 2 hour movie. I guess then you could say "Go home 'The Bourne Ultimatum'!" (which is, in my opinion, the movie with the fastest pacing I ever saw).

I hope IRIS gets and English-subtitled DVD set later!

I saw both Ep 1 & 2 in the raw and I love every minute of it. Than I saw it in Viikii with thanks to Airscapez for the links and I love it even more. LBH's lean muscular body is really making me dizzy. He is not exactly handsome but I cant get my eyes of him. OMG I think I'm falling :wub: for him....... KTH is pretty and cute... I hope she end up with LBH... i am a sucker for happy endings. :D

This is the first time I started seeing a drama without waiting for it to finish. This is going to drive me crazy and its all because of LBH... i cant seem to stop wanting to see him in action. I love the scene when he got drink with KTH in Ep1. He is so adorable :wub: and so proud of himself after he was able to prove to KTH that he is able to memorize everything in a flash.

Oh my... I cant stand this suspense.....I really must see Ep1 & 2 again......

Thank you for sharing. It's so detailed.

I look forward to watching this drama. Tae Hee had been long time not to act in drama.

This drama looks so exciting & interesting.

after watching episode 1, i was already sure that IRIS would be a big hit in Korea. I would watch it but I did not expect myself to love it..

then i watched episode 2!! it was freakin awesome! i love the editing, kepp you on the edge of your seat, i am loving the OST, and most of all the i relationships between the characters are well developed. I am sucker for the romance and drama. I can feel this drama would be on my top 10 fave dramas of all time..

anybody here feel like the drama's ending would be something like Time Between Dog and Wolf (Lee Jun KI/Nam Sang Mi)?? It has a happy ending depending on how you interpret it. I just hope this drama gives me a little bit more satisfaction in its ending than TBDW, more closure to its audience. I guess sometimes the PD wants to end it with the audience wanting more..

Guest MatsuJoongie

Whoo! The first couple of scenes in ep 1 already has me hooked ^_^

There's just something wrong with the timing of the subs for the HQ megaupload version of ep 1. The subs are too ahead a bit. Is anyone else having this problem?

Guest Freight22

Whoa the 1st episode was intense it grab me from the beginning and never let go. I only watched the first half of episode 2 so far and oh my. Awesome drama so far, I have high hopes for this :)

Archived