[Drama 2009 Movie 2010] IRIS 아이리스

rubie

Guest JoongBoXiahJang

OMg the next epi look even more intense. TOP is going to go after LBH and Tae hee.

later on . I wonder how Tae hee thought BH died and BH thought she died?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heyy i just started watching the drama and i LOVE it but i was just wondering if anybody knew the song that comes out in episode 2 where kimtaehee and leebyunghyun start flirting with each other after their kiss ... the song goes "seems like only yesterday when i was on my own ...." ... it's so catchy and its stuck in my head but I cant find it anywhere! thankss --

Guest rogue870304

after watching episode 1, i was already sure that IRIS would be a big hit in Korea. I would watch it but I did not expect myself to love it..

then i watched episode 2!! it was freakin awesome! i love the editing, kepp you on the edge of your seat, i am loving the OST, and most of all the i relationships between the characters are well developed. I am sucker for the romance and drama. I can feel this drama would be on my top 10 fave dramas of all time..

anybody here feel like the drama's ending would be something like Time Between Dog and Wolf (Lee Jun KI/Nam Sang Mi)?? It has a happy ending depending on how you interpret it. I just hope this drama gives me a little bit more satisfaction in its ending than TBDW, more closure to its audience. I guess sometimes the PD wants to end it with the audience wanting more..

an open ending? that will certainly kill many fans for not able to have a "real" ending. haha! but then, open endings usually create more topic of conversation. you won't stop interpreting in your own way, create your own ending instead and will discuss it with others. which is why after two years, the thread for Time Between Dog and Wolf is still so active. i hope I.R.I.S will have the same impact too.

open ending or not, as long as the ending gives satisfaction and explains most of the stuffs, then i'm all for it. this drama is slowly making it's way into No.1 of my Top 5 K-dramas list <3 currently Time Between Dog and Wolf snugs comfortably on the top spot :lol:

i realized that Baek San, the deputy director of NNS has a common similarity with the Director of NIS in Time Between Dog and Wolf. both of them look cunning and have an agenda of their own. they don't care much about the life or death of their subordinates. they will go all out to make use of people in order to get their wants fulfilled. but Kim Gap Soo played his role so well that it gives me shudders.

Guest xrosee;

oh.

em.

GEE.

i'm hooked.

absolutely hooked.

i think KTH still lacks a bit of emotion, but the playful banter between LBH & KTH was adorable. <3

.... although, when they introduced TOP in the 2nd epi.... he was overly gangster.

i get the ominous feeling that the coroner's observation regarding Hyunjoon will come true =(

regarding the ending of epi 2: for somebody who has an eidetic memory..... Hyunjoon's recollection of the accident concerning his parents' death is pretty vague, no?

Guest dora_maomao

Whoo! The first couple of scenes in ep 1 already has me hooked ^_^

There's just something wrong with the timing of the subs for the HQ megaupload version of ep 1. The subs are too ahead a bit. Is anyone else having this problem?

I use THE “KMPLAYER" , it has a button "Subtitle Resync" ...

heyy i just started watching the drama and i LOVE it but i was just wondering if anybody knew the song that comes out in episode 2 where kimtaehee and leebyunghyun start flirting with each other after their kiss ... the song goes "seems like only yesterday when i was on my own ...." ... it's so catchy and its stuck in my head but I cant find it anywhere! thankss --

Hi sunee

I have found the song between taehee and byunghyun start flirting with each other....

aha.......

Singer:Justin James

Song:Love Me More

Audition in imeem: http://www.imeem.com/people/B3JjMM/music/l...s-love-me-more/

Guest JoongBoXiahJang

That is what I was thinking too.. About LBH's memory, but no matter how good someone's memory is. When they are young to when they are older doesn't the young one just become vague --- or will if it is terrifying for a little boy he can block it out right?

I think epi 3 will be even more interesting!

The plot thickens at episode 2. All of a sudden he feels that he's been in that room and the mysterious childhood memory is unveiled. HJ the son of nuclear physicists? An orphan? I need to know more about this!

How I love the romantic scenes, so well put together. Funny and sweet. And that forceful kissing scene, wow...I felt that KTH was gasping for air. But its the chase part that got quite longish. First two episodes and so much running already. I have to admire the stamina of JJH and LBH most specially. And they were not joking about the running scenes they talked about during the presscons. It must have really been that punishing.

The kiss.. as much he was angry at SH (for 'deceiving' him at the university), I think seeing her again as someone he now works for must have heightened his attraction to her. And when SH said she knew (from her profiling observation) how Hyunjoon had fallen for her the first day.. why deny the fact, thus the intense kiss. Not only it left Seunghee gasping for air but most importantly for Hyunjoon, he found his reason to stay with NSS. They're both surprised at the impact of the seemingly casual kiss.

I sure agree that JJH and LBH were not kidding at all about the amount of action -- endless running, stairs climbing, physical scenes at the camp, etc they had to film.. and that is just from the first 2 episodes. As BH said.. it's like filming 20 short movies for IRIS.

@rubie:

I also watched the first two episodes of IRIS and I'm absolutely stunned. The second episode in particular blew me away. I was at the edge of my seat - the editing is so furious and fast paced it's just breathtaking. Another technical aspect that is fantastic in this series is the music score. So epic, I wonder who composed the score? Do you know it?

And yes, Lee Byung-hun is one of my most favorite actors, furthermore it's astounding to see the heavy amount of top stars.

I got goosebumps in the first episode where we saw Lee Byung-hun, Jung Jun-ho, Kim Tae-hee, Kim Young-cheol and Yoon Je-moon in one scene. OH MY GOD! And when the bombastic music score starts to kick in, I really felt like dancing.

Watching the second episode, I remembered Won Shin-yeon's thriller "Seven Days", which is pretty similar with its music score, fast editing and cinematography. Here you really see the budget... I loved the shot out in space with the satellite rushing by.

I'm not quite sure, but will there be a movie version, really? I heard that version would be directed by Yang Yoon-ho. You know what that means? Holy mother, he directed such action infernos like "Libera Me" and "Rainbow Eyes"... so try to image what happens if the tension of the second episode pairs up with him and the big cast into a 2 hour movie. I guess then you could say "Go home 'The Bourne Ultimatum'!" (which is, in my opinion, the movie with the fastest pacing I ever saw).

I hope IRIS gets and English-subtitled DVD set later!

Unfortunately I'm very clueless when it comes to the soundtrack / music compilation chosen for IRIS. Hope anyone who knows would not hesitate to share any info related to the series, we would appreciate everything & anything so very much. ^^

It's been on and off follow-up on the movie version but so far, quite consistently mentioned by THR especially. The latest update was just a couple weeks ago. It would be more sensible to have the movie out after the drama ended with a more compact feature and very likely with a different set of ending whatever that'll be (to satisfy various expectation?). Why waste the highly-budgeted effort and extensive production value when it can be made into a cool spin-off of IRIS to the delight of the drama enthusiasts and action movie fans all over the world, right? This is certainly a valid business aspect thought by Taewon ahead of filming when they took the mega project.

I think both directors had a hand in the drama as well as the movie version. But obviously (from the BTS caps, clips) Dir.Yang directed most if not all of the explosive action scenes set in Hungary. Maybe someone can clarify this further.

First highlight via dramabeans.com

IRIS gets a drama and a movie

Producers from Taewon Productions say, “The movie will be produced alongside with the drama, and be shown in theaters after the drama’s end, with a separate story.” The drama won’t merely be re-edited in film form, but rather, a different version will be made entirely — a first time for a project of this kind.

May 13, 2009 reported by the Hollywood Reporter

CANNES -- Lee Byung-hun, who next appears in "G.I. Joe," has been tapped to headline "IRIS: The Movie," a $20 million spy thriller that is set to be one of the biggest Korean movies of the year. International rights have been acquired by indie sales firm Fine Cut. Lee, in Cannes last year with "The Good, The Bad, The Weird," plays a spy whose agency turns against him and who ends up as the love rival of his best friend. Production is by Taewon Entertainment, which has set up the project as both a movie and a TV series. Directors are TV director Kim Kyu-tae and film director Yang Yun-ho ("Fighter in the Wind").

October 6, 2009 the latest mention yet again by the Hollywood Reporter

Also, the theater version of the blockbuster TV series “IRIS: The Movie” starring an attractive cast of Korean actors including Lee Byung-hun ("G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra") was sold to MFA+ Film Distribution for German Speaking Europe. “My Dear Enemy” by helmer Lee Yoon-ki has been taken by Cineasie for Canada, and Na Hong-jin’s debut feature “The Chaser” sold to Calinos Entertainment for Turkey.

regarding the ending of epi 2: for somebody who has an eidetic memory..... Hyunjoon's recollection of the accident concerning his parents' death is pretty vague, no?

Could it be possible to just "erase" or rather surpress a specific part of the memory despite his current ability through some sort of experiment? It was stated in the character profile before that HJ has no recollection of his family nor his childhood background but seeing that image at the Blue House, something really triggered his memory that he had no inkling before. Maybe this 'no past memory' situation a part of the bigger plan to make HJ who he will become later? Or maybe he was just too young then to remember such gruesome details?

I just watched episode 1 again and noticed at HJ's desk back at the camp (the scene he was 'studying' to impress SH)..there's that Superman action-figure doll he had as a child. Possibly the same one he was holding while visiting the then-President with his parents..If someone could capture these two "connecting" scenes, that would be awesome & highly appreciated.

Guest persons

@rubie:

I also watched the first two episodes of IRIS and I'm absolutely stunned. The second episode in particular blew me away. I was at the edge of my seat - the editing is so furious and fast paced it's just breathtaking. Another technical aspect that is fantastic in this series is the music score. So epic, I wonder who composed the score? Do you know it?

...cut...

I hope IRIS gets and English-subtitled DVD set later!

I absolutely loved watching the first two episodes of IRIS, especially the second one! really action packed and believable. great music selection too. For lack of a better word, I actually think that the the actors were all so cool/awesome throughout the episodes. I loved the interaction between Kim Hyun Joon and Jin Sa Woo and thought they made a great team. and this is only the second ep... I cant wait to watch the rest!

Guest earth to bella

After watching the first two episodes, I think I've found myself a new addiction. Love the pacing and the music. Hope this show doesn't disappoint us. :)

I just finished 1 & 2nd episode. It is exciting and funny... enjoy watching the acting of BH and JJH....so far so good.

I cant explain,,, just dont feel comfortable with KTH.

At the end of 2nd episode,,, the little boy of HJ ...the curly hair of bowl shape... remained the same when

he grown up ... and he had a small big mouth. He was really cute.

I saw the trailer and it looked fund and completely different from previous Korean dramas I've seen

I can't wait to watch the first episode

thanks for posting links to subtitles! ^_^

Guest Temprotic*Lyn

I cant explain,,, just dont feel comfortable with KTH.

@luwali Hahaha, omg. I thought I was the only one who felt that way. ROFL.

Anyways, wow, rubie-unni, you have a really sharp eye for details ne~ <3

Guest creaturedreams

Finally ended up watching episode 2, could it either be Baek San or Park Chul Young who killed KHJ's parents? :mellow: so many unanswered questions..can't wait 8D. And I can't help but feel empathetic towards Sa Woo his eyes when he saw CSH and KHJ laying on the carpet together were filled with sadness :[

Regarding the relationship of CSH and KHJ, whilst the kissing scene it was juxtaposed with somewhat a fire abstract painting? well in the Catholic bible fire symbolises trouble & destruction..interesting, major foreshadow much? ahaha

second week of IRIS, cannot wait! :)

anyone have lyric for 잊지 말아요 - 不要忘记我. i love this song.

berrymonster there's currently only korean and romanization at : [link] [K][R] Baek Ji Young - 잊지 말아요 lyrics

Archived