[Drama 2009 Movie 2010] IRIS 아이리스

rubie

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lucky_moon

hmm is there a softsub for team iris' ep9 yet :o ?

Not yet released. but I believe WITHS2 will release it soon since they release it for VIP members :)

Guest lucky_moon

dramacrazy site says ep9 by team iris, so i thought they would have released the softsubs first :S

i don't quite understand this..

I don't know about dramacrazy but according to aja-aja site Team Iris subber releases softsub up to Ep8 :)

I don't know about dramacrazy but according to aja-aja site Team Iris subber releases softsub up to Ep8 :)

Dramacrazy got it from the following site:

IRIS episode 9 eng sub

At the end of the episode, it it stated that the english subs are provided by with s2. Also, the author of that video says that episode 10 english subbed might be released within 1.5day :)

Guest Lilazinprincess

Joynara: Thank you so much. Your posts and news are always a blessing to this thread. Thanks for the update on the filming location. Much appreciated. ^_^

Looks like the drama is staying away from how the novel is written? Interesting. I guess we're in for more surprises. :lol:

Thank you for the Season 2 news. I really hope they keep everyone. Or rather everyone decides to stay and work on such an amazing production. I can't imagine losing any of the current casts. They have done such an amazing job.

------------------------------

Although this isn't exactly related to IRIS, it is nice to see cast members doing other things besides from filming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e12ZpxaZxcM

IRIS screencaps ep12 and 13 spoiler preview

[img=http://l.yimg.com/go/news/picture/2009/e7/20091120/20091120072721703e7_072827_0.jpg]
[img]http://nimg.nate.com/orgImg/tr/2009/11/20/31111_39022_546.jpg[/img]
[img]http://l.yimg.com/go/news/picture/2009/e7/20091120/20091120091250736e7_091427_0.jpg[/img][/codebox]

Guest candyapple1111

ep 9 was great and amazing but I am a little disappointed with the fight scene between KSY/SH and unknown baddie. She has always been shown as a capable and smart assassin but all of a sudden she's weak and unable to fight back. Why? Is HJ her kryptonite? The whole scene was clunky almost as if they were trying to hammer home the idea that SH would do anything for HJ. I get it.

But overall I really enjoy KSY portrayal and the character. She's so tortured and naive when it comes to her relationship with HJ. I think she's never sure of what she has with him or what she can do to push their relationship further so you have scenes with her asking mundane questions like "are you okay?" when clearly HJ is and always will be troubled.

Guest lukelai4ever

ahhah this drama has been great and exciting

and probably a little bit on the angsty side with hyun joon and seung hee in my opinion...i actually prefer hyun joon with seon hwa....

but the action has been pretty nicely paced for me, and the story has been really interesting...i watched 10-12 without subs so hopefully i'll be able to finally understand things once the subs are out

:D

Guest teukiie

hi everyone :) im watching IRIS on TV now, but I dont know which episode I'm on

Which episode is the one where Lee Byung Hun gets sent on the assasination mission (EX)? The same episode where the end of the episode is when he digs out the bullet from his body.

Thanks ^^

Guest badhairday8

Those subs are from another show - episode 12 is still not english subbed.

aaahhh.. thanks for the clarification.. no wonder it didn't make much sense. I didn't watch in its entirety because I wanted to wait until ep. 10 and 11 were subbed...

Actually, i plan to wait till the series end then watching it marathon but cant resist assassin TOP temptation hehe :lol:

Yeah! I'm shallow! so what? >.< :D:D:D

A bit late but...Congratulation on surpassing 30% rating!!!!

Hope it will rising even higher ^^

I think I start watching this phenomenon series slower than the others ^^;

still at the early eps and I stumbled on Javabeans article of how "disappointed" IRIS is

http://www.soompi.com/content/103548

and I dont understand why the first series that has surpassed 20+ rating since the premiere and the first to surpass 30% rating when most wed-thurs dramas have single digit rating. Can anyone enlighten me?

I can't answer for others.. someone else will be able to explain this much better and I'm not a Korean audience but imo, whatever hype surrounding IRIS have so far or almost been justified because it delivers an overall top-notch acting as well as a continuous engaging plot development to follow through. For a first time "action drama", it's really not that perfect at all with some clear tech flaws, etc.. it's been critically criticized as well.. those who's been watching the episodes would know but it is something new to watch without being too much "out of the box" as there are still the comfort & familiar elements of romance and friendship shown by the able cast. One thing for sure, in each episode.. there's always some unexpected twists with high-impact effect provided by the movie-like drama production.

The first episode started off with a solid rating of 24+% because of the strong reality and chemistry between actors Lee Byung Hun and Jung Jun Ho, who acted with such ease that we simply feel for their characters.

It's been a lot of things happening in IRIS since the first episode.. some of the "loopholes" have been filled with even more intriguing revelation and cliffhangers that totally had the audience anticipating for more.

Hope you can watch IRIS to experience it for yourself. A lot of people can say a lot of things either way but unless we've seen it for ourselves.. then we'll know if the drama truly deserves its merits or otherwise.

ep 9 was great and amazing but I am a little disappointed with the fight scene between KSY/SH and unknown baddie. She has always been shown as a capable and smart assassin but all of a sudden she's weak and unable to fight back. Why? Is HJ her kryptonite? The whole scene was clunky almost as if they were trying to hammer home the idea that SH would do anything for HJ. I get it.

But overall I really enjoy KSY portrayal and the character. She's so tortured and naive when it comes to her relationship with HJ. I think she's never sure of what she has with him or what she can do to push their relationship further so you have scenes with her asking mundane questions like "are you okay?" when clearly HJ is and always will be troubled.

Yeah.. HJ is probably KSH's kryptonite. :P She isn't quite herself since she met HJ. Maybe because she's also a woman not just an assassin ordered to kill for others. I think in that one moment in episode 9, she's up against someone who's been trained similar as her (both are NK soldiers).. and when she heard those insults to HJ made her reacted on impulse. KSH in ep 12 ..still the smart agent and quick assassin she is.

This is just me though.. I think KSH totally realized where she stood beside HJ. She knew that there's only CSH in his heart, one clueless moment in episode 6 already warned her about that. But unfortunately.. it's HJ who's giving her mixed signals. She's not about to push HJ because he's already so affected by CSH that he might lose his focus.. as shown in episode 10-11. No one can help HJ erase all his pain and anger he felt for so long but maybe simple questions like "are you okay" would be something that assures him that he's not alone.

Her unspoken action by being his "shadow" actually speaks more about her true feelings for HJ.

hi everyone :) im watching IRIS on TV now, but I dont know which episode I'm on

Which episode is the one where Lee Byung Hun gets sent on the assasination mission (EX)? The same episode where the end of the episode is when he digs out the bullet from his body.

Thanks ^^

Hi teukiie.. good to see you at IRIS ^^. That would likely be episode 4.

I don't have the captures to show but it's the metalic cream-colored sleek car driven by KSH/HJ in episode 11-12.. the K7, right?

November 22, 2009

Kia K7 combines power, efficiency

200911220029.jpg

Kia Motors Corp.'s full-sized sedan K7 is set for launch on Tuesday. In the run up to the vehicle's launch, the company took pains to pique the interests of the local market.

The company has been releasing partial photographs, computer generated images, and tidbits about the vehicle's specifications. The vehicle is also being used by actor Lee Byung-hun in the hit television drama IRIS and most recently the company held a road show to promote the vehicle.

From the information released so far, the vehicle comes with a host of safety and convenience features including lane departure warning and tire pressure monitoring systems, and front and rear park assist system. In addition, the vehicle's hood has been designed to minimize the impact to the body if a pedestrian is hit, and the K7 features lower stiffners that help reduce damage to the knees.

According to the company, at 4,965 millimeters long, 1,850 millimeters wide and 1,475 millimeters high, the K7 is larger than its domestic and imported competition.

20091121160524277e7_162809_0.jpg

kr.news.yahoo.com

The K7 is available with four different engines -- 2.4, 2.7 and 3.5 liter gasoline engines and a 2.7-liter liquefied petroleum gas engine. The trim with the smallest engine, which puts out 180 brake horsepower, manages 11.8 kilometers per liter, while the 2.7-liter engine generates 200 brake horsepower and manages 11 kilometers per liter of fuel.

The largest tops out at 290 brake horsepower and the fuel economy clocks in at 10.6 kilometers per liter. The K7's engine range places it in the same segment as Hyundai Motor Co.'s Grandeur, whose engine range is an exact match, with the exception of the 3.5-liter engine, as the largest engine available in the Grandeur is 3.3-liters.

The 2.4- and 2.7-liter engines used in the K7 has a slight lead in both power output and fuel economy over their Grandeur counterparts. The Grandeur's 2.4-liter engine generates 179 brake horsepower and manages 11.3 kilometers per liter of fuel. The 2.7-liter engine used in the Grandeur falls 5 brake horsepower and 0.4 kilometers per liter short of K7's 2.7-liter engine.

The K7's engine also outperforms similar sized engines used in other domestic competition. The K7's 3.5-liter engine's power output comes in 13 brake horsepower higher than that of the 3.6-liter engine used in GM Daewoo Auto and Technology Co.'s Veritas, and 73 brake horsepower higher than that of the 3.5 liter engine found in Renault Samsung Motors Co.'s SM7 RE35.

The K7 is also more fuel efficient than the SM7 RE35 and the Veritas, whose fuel economies respectively clock in at 9 kilometers per liter and 8.7 kilometers per liter. The K7's 3.5-liter engine appears well equipped to compete with its supposed imported rivals -- BMW 5 Series vehicles, Audi A6 and Mercedes Benz E-Class vehicles.

With the exception of the Audi A6, the K7's engine has both power output and fuel economy in its favor. The power output of the 3-liter engines used in the BMW 5 Series ranges from 231 brake horsepower to 272 brake horsepower, while the Mercedes Benz E350's 3.5-liter engine puts out 272 brake horsepower.

The fuel economies of the 5 Series ranges from 8.8 kilometers per liter to 9.4 kilometers per liter, and the E350 manages 9.2 kilometers per liter. Compared to the Audi A6 TFSI Quattro's 3-liter engine, however, the largest engine available in the K7 falls 10 brake horsepower short, but has a 2.6 kilometer lead in the fuel efficiency department.

By Choi He-suk (cheesuk@heraldm.com) via koreaherald.co.kr

Guest knightkiss

This series gets more exciting and more complicated by the minute! :P

I actually like the HJ-KSH chemistry better just because you don't really know what's going on between them. I just hope this will go longer into the series because obviously, in the end, it's going to be HJ and CSH, right?

Archived