[Drama 2009 Movie 2010] IRIS 아이리스

rubie

I agree with joynara and ripgal about growing up and either taking or leaving the negative comments...

dora_maomao: Imho, rubie has been doing a wonderful job in maintaining this IRIS thread and as I know it, she has not been 'bashing' any actors/actresses. As far as this forum is concerned, all her discussions were related to IRIS so it was unnecessary for you to tell rubie to go to KSY forum.

Anyways lets try and keep the peace in this forum! Cannot believe that tmr is wednesday ;)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think rubie is doing a great job as well in moderating the IRIS thread.

She's one of the main reason why i'm sticking to it. It takes major load of patience, objectiveness and "political tai-chi" to maintain peace in a thread.

And like joynara said...yes, i've seen worst comments bout IRIS/ the characters/ the plot /etc on other forums.

@rubie:

i actually enjoyed reading your articles bout KSY's character. Please don't stop posting them. It's very insightful to have more info/opinions bout each character.

And i think it's my fault for re-opening the bag of worms. hitnrun.gif

i shouldn't have replied to another commentor's comment. i wasn't aiming my previous comments, at you rubie. So i'm sorry if i've offended you.

@shinerelsie:

its not like that we don't want to discuss the role of each actresses/actors involve with it but I hope on the positive way only and not destroying/making wrong thoughts on specific actress and praises the other way around.

AGREE!!!!

@ripgal:

As long as don't go on a bout of bashing one to a very critical extent, shouldn't such comments be welcomed or accepted (or if not, just ignored) at all means?

I'll take your advice on that! I used to ignore all those comments that made me feel bad...but sometimes...i can't help but reply. I'll have to strengthen my resolve to IGNORE!

you should go to KSY thread ...!!!

That is so rude and immature! :angry:

you should go to KTH thread ... TOO!!!

Totally agreed! :rolleyes:

I agree with joynara and ripgal about growing up and either taking or leaving the negative comments...

rubie has been doing a wonderful job in maintaining this IRIS thread and as I know it, she has not been 'bashing' any actors/actresses. As far as this forum is concerned, all her discussions were related to IRIS so it was unnecessary for you to tell rubie to go to KSY forum.

Anyways lets try and keep the peace in this forum! Cannot believe that tmr is wednesday ;)

Rubie had always been a peace maker from early days that I known her, sorry that some immatured folks here think otherwise. ;)

I think there are many non koreans watching this drama on KBS world , though much later than some of you here, hence, it may appeared that there arn't many followers/ contributions since some facts were already discussed earlier.

For me, at this moment I donot enjoy KTH acting, but my opinion may also change as the story unfolds.

Who knows, KTH may just impressed me in the later episodes or towards the end.

I hope ppl here are more broad minded to either negative or positive comments.

Well, I have no comments as yet of LBH, JJH & KSW, as their good mature acting was what I had expected and well delivered.

As for TOP, his appearance is so short that I wish I can see more of his acting, but he sure capture my attention in those few short moments. :lol:

Oh man.. honestly.. everyone has their faves and non faves.. just be tolerant and be respectful. Anyway Iris is already past the half mark so it's only 1 month before we get the ending, so I hope we can stick by it till the end. And I still stick by my opinion that it's best that we can discuss the characters more so than the actors/actress.. because regarding how well they act.. I guess there will always be pro and cons. Can we now please move on to discuss Iris? It has been few pages on how I prefer X than Y and the other way around, I guess now we should go back to discuss about Iris.

Rubie You definitely didn't do anything wrong and I think you've done a good job. But as always with forum, you will get different voices. Anyway back to Iris topic... the news that you just posted.. the avenue. What's it about? Is it talking about filming there?

Guest em.sie_1813

wah! IRIS again!! i can't believe.. did HJ punch SH?? did he do it at the preview..??

i can't wait for the subs at 11 nd 12!! thanks withs2!!

Just sharing news about Iris

"IRIS" is troubled by english translation

KBS "Iris" has come up with few English translation mistakes that left audience feeling dissapointed. These mistakes were really difficult to justify since Iris has invested 200B Korean Won and audience has expected Iris to be a perfect production. Some funny English mistakes made audiences can't focus on the storyline.

From 12th episode, there were 8 mistakes. Iris broadcast time was 70 minutes hence every 10 minutes there was one mistake. Most of the mistake came from the English word shown in the computers. When CSS invaded NSS server and after successfully entering it, it came out with "SUCESS" red word. The correct spelling should be SUCCESS, which lacks a letter "C". In another scene that showed document which explained HJ parents murder, the word "MISSINON” appeared which should be "MISSION".

In IRIS, to show whether the person is alive or dead, they used the word "DEAD" & "LIFE". In another scene where they showed NSS chasing the North Korea terrorist, there appeared "SCANING" word which misses an "N". In the document which explained the deceased priest, it also appeared a misspelled word, "MUDRER" which should be "MURDER".

Some audiences reckon it's not a big problem as long as it didn't affect the storyline but some audiences reckon these small bits need to be perfected in order to be able to categorised into big production. Hence, some audiences insisted that these wrong words need to be corrected since Iris is gonna be broadcasted/imported to other countries like Japan.

http://www.9zonline.com/html/korea/2009/1124/3397.html

That guy looks hot....who is he? Haha maybe I've found a motivation to give the drama another attempt!

Aniwaes, I agree that while the spelling mistakes don't hurt the plot as a whole, if IRIS is to be classified as a major production and to be shipped overseas (including other English-speaking countries), these errors should be corrected. But it may not be worht the time and money to reshoot though.

Guest ninjafrost

That guy looks hot....who is he?

That's T.O.P. from the band Big Bang

Aniwaes, I agree that while the spelling mistakes don't hurt the plot as a whole, if IRIS is to be classified as a major production and to be shipped overseas (including other English-speaking countries), these errors should be corrected. But it may not be worht the time and money to reshoot though.

They should consider hiring one of us :lol:

rubie--I just wanted to add my name to the chorus of people who think you are doing a wonderful job on this page!

As for IRIS spelling errors. yes I have noticed some of them. Although I don't think they mess up the drama, I do think it could impact whether or not people see this as a HQ drama. Little mistakes add up and make the drama seem unprofessional. And really, any mistakes that are noticeable to viewers are a MAJOR problem. Remember, a KSH scene was accidentally left out and this impacted the story. I will always love IRIS and will probably buy the DVD when it comes out, but mistakes only add fuel to the critics of the show.

Mistakes were also a problem with the big budget Cain and Abel earlier this year. They made HUGE errors with the editing and mistakenly repeated a crucial scene (like deja-vu) and totally screwed up the ending.

I don't understand when budgets are so huge and so much money is on the line, the PD still films so much at the last minute--like this huge shoot coming in Seoul. This is why there are silly errors in some of these dramas and these mistakes only get worse the closer we get to the end of the show. I'm so glad I watched Worlds Within, I felt like I got a bird's-eye-view into the crazy world of kdrama production.

Guest sannouna

hi

please tell me where can i download the 10th episode srt file (in english)

i want to watch it with a good quality. not streaming

any help please

Guest joynara

I don't understand when budgets are so huge and so much money is on the line, the PD still films so much at the last minute--like this huge shoot coming in Seoul. This is why there are silly errors in some of these dramas and these mistakes only get worse the closer we get to the end of the show. I'm so glad I watched Worlds Within, I felt like I got a bird's-eye-view into the crazy world of kdrama production.

In the case of IRIS (which had roughly 50% in the can on the eve of their first broadcast), it's pretty much because they want viewer feedback. Not just feedback from boards & such, but also any data analysis from the ratings (eg. whether their target demos are responding favorably). Chances are, if you're seeing improvements over time with IRIS (and my own impression & those I see @DCgall's for instance are that IRIS has felt much more sure-footed since the editing crisis in ep. 6), it's because they've listened.

Guest beauwhale

i am so anxious to watch the next episode. I wonder how both of LBH and KTH react when they see each other. My heart was almost burst out when i saw KTH turned around....

Guest bleuwinter

It's Wednesday...I can't wait to watch episode 13. My blood is pumping with excitement.

I think all of the actors and actresses are great.

Lee Byung Hun for example: wow....the emotions he showed when he thought Seung Hee died in the car explosion and when his best friend Sa Woo was about to shoot him in his apartment and the plane...and then the soft side of him towards the person he loves, the cold hearted person he is when he kills his enemies...complex character.

Kim Tae Hee on the other hand...she appears to be a pretty woman to both men that falls for her but she stays cool not wanting to have any relationship with any of them, then the cool face she showed when she initiated footsie with Hyun Joon...even he was surprised...then when she falls for him, she really falls deep for him...blushing when she was shy, and she really shows her true character as Hyun Joon gets closer to her. She's this entirely different person and when she goes against all the rules to help him out to escape unlike his best friend, Sa Woo who doesn't trust HJ. In the last few episodes shows when she was depressed and refusing to accept the death of HJ and more...She showed vast personalities there and she can fight, I'm sure they trained her to despite her looks of being small, pretty and feminine...she can fight to save herself.

Jung Joon Ho, a guy who was known as Hyun Joon's best friend who suddenly betrays his best friend to obey the orders of his superior after he reads a mysterious file about Hyun Joon(I'm still curious about the file). He even stayed away from Seung Hee when he knew that she loves Hyun Joon(temporarily though) and at first he rejected to kill his best friend until when the Baek San asked to send Seung Hee inside(wanting her to kill HJ instead) as he likes her and doesn't want her to be burdened by this mission so he took it upon himself. He isn't a totally bad guy though he showed not much emotions when he attempted to kill his best friend(obeying orders) but his feelings for Seung Hee is there...that he wished at one point if it was him instead of HJ that went on that mission(Episode 8 I think). He cares deeply for her but he is selfish for wanting her for himself despite knowing his best friend is still alive.

Kim So Yeon as Kim Sun Hwa, a North Korea officer who looks cool and cold hearted in the beginning only to show that she's actually soft and human in ep6. She looks tough and all but in the inside she's fragile and she's a woman with emotions...when her mum and siblings were killed due to her actions not being able to kill HJ she showed that she had no reason to return anymore but because of HJ and knowing that IRIS is behind all the incident, she decides to help him...a new reason to live and to return to her boss Park Chul Young.

T.O.P as Vick...is my favourite of all, mainly because he is simple and cold hearted killer but that's not all, he does help out the hacker girl in club...why? Maybe he was spying on her and making moves on her so that she'll reveal more or is she in IRIS as well? (Most probably not because she didn't know him at all) or maybe she's the next target to kill since she has the tendencies to find out about HJ or next target to recruit into IRIS....or maybe he really likes her...Sigh...I'll just watch and let the mysteries unfold.

In the end, I would like to conclude that all the actors and actresses in IRIS are great, they may be better in certain things than the other but all of them make IRIS a good drama to watch. I rather watch IRIS than watch English series...I like the tension and the mysteries in IRIS...good plot and good ending which makes us wanting to watch the next episode.

Archived