[drama 2002] Dae Mang 대망

Guest wils

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chatteraddict

im just to addicted n this show,watching it in arirang,just slightly getting disappointed because its only 25mins short, anyhow im so entertained watching SYJ! She's so adorable! Cant help but laugh on the scene where she was at the market (with her cousin) checking some girls and said

"Arent they a pretty sight, look at their behind..the way they sway their hips, i think she's the best i've seen today, lets see how they look upfront..

Guest Ender's Girl

argh.... it's so hard to get into the rhythm of watching half-hour installments six days a week!!! (i'm used to 5-hour marathons, so every truncated arirang episode feels like... nothing much has happened, lol.) i can't say i've been that diligent in watching an eppy every night. (watching TV ain't really a habit of mine, you see.)

STILL, i'm happy they're showing this at all (beggars can't be choosers, nyahaha). :tongue2:

good thing i have wils and her episode guides to keep me abreast whenever i miss an eppy! :sweatingbullets: do keep them coming! teehee!!!

I had to check the forum too, if it was Jang Geun-Suk, he looks better now - although I thought he was hunkier then, puppy fat perhaps!

yeah... good thing he lost all that facial fat when he turned 20. um, it's also possible he had some, er, *work* done between dae mang and hong gil dong, imho... :phew:

tiki_sg many thanks for the maeng sae-chang link! dear me, he's so young... :D

Ender's Girl, it looks like they're airing it a few times a day (repeats, I presume?).

Check the schedule for showtimes. http://www.arirang.co.kr/Tv/Tv_index.asp

yes, thanks hjkomo! i did check out the schedule. sadly, the encores aren't that much use to me, though, since i'm either asleep or at work when they roll around, heh. :(

Guest wils

im just to addicted n this show,watching it in arirang,just slightly getting disappointed because its only 25mins short, anyhow im so entertained watching SYJ! She's so adorable! Cant help but laugh on the scene where she was at the market (with her cousin) checking some girls and said

"Arent they a pretty sight, look at their behind..the way they sway their hips, i think she's the best i've seen today, lets see how they look upfront..

Haha..yes yes she is so cute and adorable. Seems she enjoys being in disguise as a guy. What a pretty boy!

argh.... it's so hard to get into the rhythm of watching half-hour installments six days a week!!! (i'm used to 5-hour marathons, so every truncated arirang episode feels like... nothing much has happened, lol.) i can't say i've been that diligent in watching an eppy every night. (watching TV ain't really a habit of mine, you see.)

STILL, i'm happy they're showing this at all (beggars can't be choosers, nyahaha). :tongue2:

good thing i have wils and her episode guides to keep me abreast whenever i miss an eppy! :sweatingbullets: do keep them coming! teehee!!!

Yeah..i understand it must be like drinking a trickle of water every night. But you have our lovely aida to upload every episode and watch link as well. Probably you can download the epis and set up a time for marathon watching. But be sure the download links are not permanent.

And...for the episode summary, oh..I did not do a good job. So far I just finished the first three episode summaries. But Ender's girl, your message is warm enough to be a motivation for keep going. hehe..

I love this drama too. thank you Arirang.

Hey, Schneewitchen. Welcome to the thread! Glad you love this drama!

Here are links.

Episode 12 Megaupload

Vid on stream site still posting. Please check on the link provided at a later time.

Channel Watch

As always, you are the best!!!!!!

When I watched arirang version of ep 10-12, I cried buckets,

particularly on the scenes: when Jae Young looked at Su Goo who just lied and sold out his friends to save himself (the whole occasion prompted by Jae Young's words "tell the truth" which was advised by his father; when Jae Young was dumped down on the street by his brother, finding out what his father did to him and his friends; and when his friends were executed. His empty hollow eyes made me speechless, oh man sending me to the bottom of sea of sorrow

FYI, the watch link has a wrong address. ;)

Thanks wills and I thought I checked b4 posting :blush:

Here are epi 13 links. I'll be a little late these few days, but will definitely post, so don't panic!

Episode 13 MU

EDIT : Please note that there's a discrepancy with FILE NAME: DMGA 013.avi and DESCRIPTION: DMGA 012.avi, its definitely episode 13 for sure :rolleyes:

Loading now

Watch Channel

I still can't load up to Sendspace. Hope its not a problem to anyone here.

Guest Happy_Day

I remember watching this, I stopped halfway though coz it got boring for me. There was no chemistry between the three lead characters also.

LeeYoWon's character in this reminds me of HanHyoJoo's character in Iljimae. Haha~

Hi Happy_Day, Aida, Sona~~

I remember watching this, I stopped halfway though coz it got boring for me. There was no chemistry between the three lead characters also.

LeeYoWon's character in this reminds me of HanHyoJoo's character in Iljimae. Haha~

Hi Happy_Day,

I know some of the early audiences of this drama stopped watching mostly they found it boring (I am not sure what made you bored, though :unsure: ) and that was reflected in the ratings. I think I said early in this thread, in my opinion, Dae Mang was well written, well performed, and well executed until the last few episodes. The last few episodes were so rushed that the narrative was a bit far-fetched and the actors' performances were not convincing enough. However, the rushed closing did not overshadow the beauty of this drama, its touching messages, and its significance on the following fusion period dramas.

One of the factors people find this drama boring may be the main character, JaeYoung, who is not the type of heroes people anxiously wanted to see. He is too lay to be a hero: most of all, he CANNOT FIGHT! People want to see good-willed heroes flying here and there, with excellent fighting abilities, to save the poor, the people in danger from evils. Hong gil dong and Illjimae are good examples. This is the writer's intention. In an interview before the drama premiered, she said the real success of this drama would be the acknowledgment from audiences that people like Jae Young can be heroes. If audiences can accept the way by which Jae Young mobilized the people to be united to pursue a political goal, she thought the purpose of this drama was accomplished. JaeYoung always tries to solve the problems with "words" from his heart not with the "swords" (it's funny the 's' makes a huge difference). Accordingly, most of the spectacular fighting scenes are not with the main lead, JaeYoung, but with the villainous lead, SiYoung, and other supporting roles. Although SiYoung is another main lead, people prefer to seeing the good protagonist on those spectacular scenes.

In my opinion, Dam Duck (Tae Wang, played Bae Yong Jun) of Tae Wang Sa Sin Gi is a compromise. The writer finally acknowledges people don't change. People want to see hero(es) with excellent fighting abilities whether they use them or not. Dam Duck is a good fighter, but tries to avoid fights as much as he can. He is a holder of "words" and "swords."

The second factor might be the romance as you commented. The people who sought after the strong romance between characters must find this drama very disappointing. It's not usual the main hero (JaeYoung) and heroine (Yuh Jin) fell apart on epi 5 and never met each other until epi 19(?) and fell apart again till the show ends. Basically there is not enough screening time for developing any chemistry between this poor couple. I am not sure, is it just me? Although they are apart so long, I find them spiritually tightly bonded. It could be said too ideal not realistic love relationship, but to me their love to each other, trust in each other is just beautiful. When it comes to a melodrama or romantic comedy, the emotional stirring regarding love relationship is significant to me. But this drama is more intended for political dramas like Hong Gil Dong, so I am totally fine with the portion the romance takes in the narrative in daemang. For the same reason, I was a bit disappointed with the direction in which Hong Gil Dong develops its story, which looks to me the romance overwhelming the more fundamental message construction. I mean this is just my opinion.

There might be more factors boring people. Someone may want to continue to discuss them. ;)

To me, this drama is just awesome and never boring., though.

Anyway, Happy_Day. Nice to see you here and hope you don't mind my strong defense! :blush: ;)

Links to episode 14.

Epi 14 MU

Epi 14 Watch

Had time to sit and watch Epi 15, it is indeed "too short" an episode. Was thinking maybe I should release a merged 3-episodes-in-1.

Hi aida. Thank you Thank You.

The merged one will be a good idea though it may cause you additional time. :)

Hello all!

thank you my parents were looking for this! appreciated

sona you are lucky to have someone share your passion in Kdramas. I have nought! My daughter will sometimes watch with me if drama looks funny enough-she's too young anyway.

wills you sure are a well-informed Daemang fan! Thanks for all the tidbits, it'll make Daemang watching more meaningful when I finally start :phew:

Here are links for episode 15. There's a slight 2/3 second glitch at about 17 sec into vid. My vid editor is not able to remove it.

Epi 15 MU

Epi 15 Watch

Have a great weekend, all!

Guest Phuongkim

Thank you for sharing this serie. Story is getting more interesting and I check up frequently for next episode.

Guest rynne2007

Hey everyone! I'm new to this thread and I'm currently watching it on Arirang TV...I just want to know on what episode did jo hyun jae first appeared?

Thanks

Phuongkim and rynnne2007, welcome to the daemang world~~~ As for Jo Hyun Jae, he will appear first on the original version of ep 10.

aida_ladida, thanks for the links again! Wow it's already ep 19!

Archived