Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wils

[drama 2002] Dae Mang 대망

Phuongkim and rynnne2007, welcome to the daemang world~~~ As for Jo Hyun Jae, he will appear first on the original version of ep 10.

aida_ladida, thanks for the links again! Wow it's already ep 19!

Thanks wils for the info...So that means JHJ will first appear on episodes 28-30 on Arirang version...

Hi, I'm watching it on Arirang every night and downloading it from aida_ladida's megaupload file. I like to have a copy of this drama. I'm a fan of Jang Hyuk since Success Story of a Bright Girl.

Thank you again aida_ladida and wils.

wils...hi, hi...i have not been able to visit for a good month now and wow, i have missed a lot!!!!! since the downloads for episodes with eng. subs are being graciously offered here, i will start downloading those so if you want, you can take your time uploading the episodes without subs or end it completely. it is your call dear one. you have been so kind in first, starting the thread and 2nd, uploading episodes to this awesome drama. thank you dear wils.

hjkomo, yeah, bummer....i guess red tape strikes again...copyright issues will not allow viewers in the usa to view the video. i think most other countries are able to...all i know is i can't...waa, waa!! thank goodness the episodes are being uploaded here. it's great for us huh?

aida_ladida thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! i know i am not the only one that is overjoyed at what you are doing. you are awesome. all of us have been waiting forever for this underrated drama to show up with english subtitles and it is finally here!!! i, along with hjkomo and i am sure many others can only get audio and cannot view the video on arirang tv so you uploading episodes is a very big blessing to all of us. thank you so much. i will be very busy trying to download all the episodes you have uploaded on sendspace. BTW, for some reason, the links to episode 2 and episode 5 on sendspace isn't working...states file unavailable. is it possible for you to upload that episode again, please? aren't we lucky to have been given this chance to enjoy the amazing jang hyuk??? i also am a fan of jo hyun jae so to get both of them on one drama is truly good luck!!!

wils...hi, hi...i have not been able to visit for a good month now and wow, i have missed a lot!!!!! since the downloads for episodes with eng. subs are being graciously offered here, i will start downloading those so if you want, you can take your time uploading the episodes without subs or end it completely. it is your call dear one. you have been so kind in first, starting the thread and 2nd, uploading episodes to this awesome drama. thank you dear wils.

Oh my dear~~ *hugs*

Where were you? I have been wondering where you were. Yes, while you are away, our gracious aida has uploaded the episodes with eng subs. So you finally have a chance to fully understand dae mang. this must be a fun game to you too, how closely you guessed the content when you watching without eng subs. haha... Hope to see you more often. I haven't uploaded the episodes from 22 since my external hard drive holding them is away from me. But i am sure i will resume uploading soon. ;) (Sorry for those who are waiting for the 700 mb version of dae mang. )

Aida,

Thank you thank you!

I just watched ep 21 - 23. Dae mang is never boring. The story's getting more exciting.

Also thank you for uploading the missing part, too. You are just wonderful.

Um, what's the name of the cool chick who got shot by Han Jae-suk's minion during a chase through the woods? Y'know, the daughter of that old codger who lost the secret map thingy to Han Jae-suk? Why was she being pursued in the first place? I like her, prolly more than Lee Yo-won or Son Ye-jin's charcters. (Uh-oh... dunno if that's a good thing! :P) Does she have some sort of past with Han Jae-suk? Did he know who she was when she was wounded in the forest? And who was that man on horseback who rescued her and brought her to Lee Yo-won? Such things do boggle the mind... :blink: Anyway, I love the father/daughter dynamic duo. I hope they figure in the story more... um, the dad ain't, like, DEAD yet, is he? :crazy:

And Son Ye-jin, is she the daughter of the leader of the merry band of outcasts?bandits?lepers?(LOL) living in the mountain wilds? What ARE they, anyway? And is she really disguised as a man? Why? Because her disguise sure *ain't* workin'. :rolleyes:

Sorreh sorreh, I just get to watch an average of 2.5 eppies per week, so my knowledge of the plot is riddled with holes. Am in need of your expert enlightenment. Thanks! :D

P.S. My mom thinks Jang Hyuk's pretty cute (YAY!), but always wonders aloud why he "can't seem to close his mouth." LOLLLLL :lol:

^Me too, I am also wondering why does he always open his mouth. Tnx for episode 24.

Hi Ender's girl and catherine ann

Haha....We Jang Hyuk threaders once had conversations about the question you guys raised. I am copy-and-pasting part of the conversations I found relevant.

QUESTION: Did Jang Hyuk ever have braces? I remember him in Into The Sunlight, and he had a really big overbite (something that really stood out for me in that drama). I guess it could just the way he's aged (and the mustache sort of hides his mouth), but I could have sworn he had a bigger overbite. Dunno. :huh:

I don't recall ever seeing him in braces. I think he still has a big overbite..it's just that he keeps his mouth closed when he's not saying his dialogues nowadays...whereas before in the older dramas sometimes he left his mouth open? Ahhh...I don't know..heehehe.

Brooding, tortured young man = Jang Hyuk...well except his character now is just brooding, tortured man ...not that young anymore :lol:. I wish one day he'd do another role with Cha Tae Hyun..they are such good friends that I'd be curious to see them perform together again.

As for the overbite, actually I did not recognize it when I watched Into the Sunlight last year...I am pretty bad at that sort of thing....I read somewhere JH lost some teeth due to an accident during his high school days and he had dentistry done again around the time Into the Sunlight was shoot. I guess the overbite, if any,might have much to do with that... :D

Re: JH's overbite, do you guys think that it's the overbite that gives him that pouty sexy look to his mouth? Only he can pout and smirk and look awesome doing it...and I think for the most part, it is just a natural thing for him...possibly because of his overbite?! (the pout is noticeable in most the above Daemang photos, but especially in photos #2, #4 and #11) If it is cause of the overbite, I hope he never fixes it cause I absolutely love his mouth!! And, Wils, I agree with you, his awesome good looks is not something that jumps out at you...you look at him first as probably ordinary and then he slowly connects and moves into your heart because with each expression, each movement, his beauty changes and grows...then his good looks will become apparent and you are hooked!!! And I think it's what makes him such a great and talented actor. He never looks the same twice and that is a good thing for an actor. :)

malia : I agree! The overbite definitely casuse the pouty look...and that's Jang Hyuk to me..without his pout he's not Jang Hyuk hehehe.

The first time I saw him I thought yeah he's pretty good looking...but nothing more...the more I watch him act the more beautiful he becomes...

His eyes are always so soulful... they can be very gentle in one scene and very intense in another. He can definitely make my heart beats faster with the look of his eyes... hehehe...ok..don't tell my hubby about that... :sweatingbullets: lol.

o-cha, you are absolutely, totally right with your words, "His eyes are always so soulful... they can be very gentle in one scene and very intense in another. He can definitely make my heart beats faster with the look of his eyes"...he definitely has conquered the art of speaking with the eyes. And yes, the quintessential Jang Hyuk are his pouty mouth, the brooding rebellious bad boy aura, the soulful eyes that speak a thousand words, that beautiful tall nose and the deep, deep talent and his inner beauty...these are what makes Jang Hyuk..these are the essence of the man...pure and simple. Yes, o-cha without that casual, slouchy, pouty look, he's not Jang Hyuk. hehe...don't tell my hubby either :sweatingbullets: hehe ...cause he might either delete all my Jang Hyuk photos or walk around trying to imitate JH's signature pout..and ruin it for me..we all know there's only one pouty JH...haha, heehee!! :tears:

Okay...no more. You guys see the more we talk about his mouth the crazier fangals we become. :w00t: :w00t:

Hope o-cha, hjkomo, and malia you don't mind this quotation without your permision. ;)

Aida_ladida...yes, I agree with Sportstune...you are very nice. Thank you ever so much for reuploading and for continuing to add episodes. It is a dream come true...you have made all of us very happy...whoever would have thought...english subs for DAEMANG..wow!!! :)

Wils...unfortunately, I wasn't away because I went somewhere exotic, etc..heehee...I was just too super busy...had some computer problems but for the most part just too much going on. :wacko:

Yes, once I view the episodes with english subs, it's gonna be interesting to see how close I came to figuring out what's going on...you helped a lot and of course our hero's very expressive face, eyes and talented acting helped a lot. No problem with sharing again our fangirl discussions of that very sexy pout caused by the overbite... :P

Whoever would have thought that an overbite could make a mouth do such sexy things..heehee and make us all get overheated!!! haha!! I read somewhere, I think it was ocha who said it...that Hyuk ssi's little guy has the same triangle shaped lips so now we all know that there's gonna be another one with the same sexy open mouth pout following in his foot steps!! Btw, I hope Ocha and Hjkomo have been downloading the epis with english subs!

Ender's Girl...wave, wave...have missed your great dialogue!! I am sure our Daemang expert, Wils will answer your question about that girl who got shot in the woods. Your wish has come true, my friend!!! ENGLISH

SUBTITLES!!! Now you can watch Daemang and drool over the fuller much bigger Jang Hyuk and pat your lap while saying, "come to Ender's Girl, Jang Hyuk ssi!!" :lol:

Hey malia~ *hug*

Wecome back! I missed you a lot!

Sportstune, nice to see you here~

Aida, millions of thanks for uploading the eppies. The scene with mother and son on ep 29 was very touching.

Hey, Jo Hyun Jae sniffers

He started to appear from ep 27. ;)

thank so much aida for the links! cannot wait to start watcging it...but i am waiting for the last episode...how many episodes are there to go---does anyone know??? thanks!

An irony I found today in watching the arrirang version of ep 29.

JaeYoung's real mom, Dan Ae, sent her baby Jae Young to his father so that he can be raised in a better environment than she could offer to him. He inherited the family name Park from his father but now he abandoned his name to live a better life.

:tears:

Dan Ae asked Jae young, "what is to live well to you?"

Jae Young replid, "it is to live in a small house with my wife and kids."

She had a chance to live that life when she gave birth to Jae Young. She abandoned the opportunity to live that life with the swordman Lee Soo and baby Jae Young for Jae Young's better life. Now Jae young said he wants the very life she chose to give up.

Hi roaceica,

You were there when I was writing, I guess.

Someeone said the total number of arrirang versioned episodes is 60. Actually one original eppi was equal to three arrirang eppies, but from the arirang version 25 (?) the equation has changed. So, 60 might be the right number.

We have 31 more eppies to the end.

Hi roaceica,

You were there when I was writing, I guess.

Someeone said the total number of arrirang versioned episodes is 60. Actually one original eppi was equal to three arrirang eppies, but from the arirang version 25 (?) the equation has changed. So, 60 might be the right number.

We have 31 more eppies to the end.

hi again wils! yes i was there when you posted that...but i was just wondering if anybody knew the official episodes for the arirang dae mang. just couldn't find the homepage of daemang at the arirang website no matter how much i try...so i'll take 60 then...hmmmm 31 more to go....i guess i'll be able to watch this by september..WAAAA!!!

hi again wils! yes i was there when you posted that...but i was just wondering if anybody knew the official episodes for the arirang dae mang. just couldn't find the homepage of daemang at the arirang website no matter how much i try...so i'll take 60 then...hmmmm 31 more to go....i guess i'll be able to watch this by september..WAAAA!!!

Wils, that someone was me :blush: - Dae Mang - ArirangTV version

Roaceica

The Arirang reply that I was referring to (in my earlier reply) was posted in the Message Board of "King's Woman". However, the "King's Woman" website has since been removed a few weeks after DaeMang started.

An irony I found today in watching the arrirang version of ep 29.

JaeYoung's real mom, Dan Ae, sent her baby Jae Young to his father so that he can be raised in a better environment than she could offer to him. He inherited the family name Park from his father but now he abandoned his name to live a better life.

:tears:

Dan Ae asked Jae young, "what is to live well to you?"

Jae Young replid, "it is to live in a small house with my wife and kids."

She had a chance to live that life when she gave birth to Jae Young. She abandoned the opportunity to live that life with the swordman Lee Soo and baby Jae Young for Jae Young's better life. Now Jae young said he wants the very life she chose to give up.

Wils, hugs to you too! Really enjoy the little tidbits that you give to us regarding Daemang. Yeah, really ironic that his mom gave up what he really wanted most in life...it's actually quite sad, isn't it. Just goes to show you that sometimes we have our priorties in life all mixed up. I think that's why I love K drama so much...there

is always a message in the drama and I am always able to take away something good that can be used as a learning experience in life. Not to mention of course the awesome guys like Jang Hyuk ssi, etc. :P

aida_ladida, once again thank you so very much for your hard work in continuing to post the episodes...60 plus..that's a lot...thank you for not giving up and continuing to bring it all to us. I know I tell you all the time how appreciative I am and so I hope you aren't getting tired of reading aboout my gratefulness. If you are, I'm so sorry..it's just that having english subtitles to this awesome drama is a dream come true...and for me and I am sure many others who cannot view the videos on Arirang, I cannot help but express my thankfulness again and again :)